BFBC2 Beta Keys

Old news, I just signed up and got this:

"The current batch of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 beta public keys has been depleted. Check the schedule for the next key release:

Tuesday November 10 - KEYS DEPLETED

Wednesday November 11 - SUBSCRIBER KEYS AVAILABLE

Thursday November 12 - LIMITED KEYS AVAILABLE "

Just a note-- I don't like this game. MW2 is a bit different in terms of gameplay and "feel" to it, but I can see where developers were going with BFBC2. The lightning hurts my eyes and they are way too bright as a standard.

I'd stick with MW2, Killzone 2, Resistance, etc.

Thanks for the heads-up. I played the beta, its OK but sniping is hard because it takes three shots from the basic sniper rifle to kill somebody. People take waaaay too much damage.

One shot sniping = doesn't seem to exist in BFBC2. It takes 2-3 shots and sniping is difficult in this game alone. I was close to getting light-headed when I was playing some the other day because of how bright the lightning is. Graphics are pretty good, but I don't need these kinds of graphics in a shooter. I'll definitely stick with MW2.

Btw, MW2 is the ultimate FPS of this generation. Go with that.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Thanks for the heads-up. I played the beta, its OK but sniping is hard because it takes three shots from the basic sniper rifle to kill somebody. People take waaaay too much damage.[/QUOTE]

snipe...anywhere...but the head? :lol:

[quote name='Casteor']Just a note-- I don't like this game. MW2 is a bit different in terms of gameplay and "feel" to it, but I can see where developers were going with BFBC2. The lightning hurts my eyes and they are way too bright as a standard.

I'd stick with MW2, Killzone 2, Resistance, etc.[/QUOTE]

It's too bright? It's cool if you don't like the game, but that's why?

[quote name='jdubear']It's too bright? It's cool if you don't like the game, but that's why?[/QUOTE]

I was noting one specific reason. There are many more issues that I have with this game that ruins the experience as a shooter-genre game.

[quote name='justintime']Old news, I just signed up and got this:

"The current batch of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 beta public keys has been depleted. Check the schedule for the next key release:

Tuesday November 10 - KEYS DEPLETED

Wednesday November 11 - SUBSCRIBER KEYS AVAILABLE

Thursday November 12 - LIMITED KEYS AVAILABLE "[/QUOTE]

Odd... I just got it at 4:21 today...

I don't like the sniping in this game. The early rifles suck because you keep on having to go out of scope to do the half reload thing. I gave up on sniper because of that. I just want the mortar strike.

Another note:
I would say its a plus to have vehicles in this type of shooter, but even then-- everyone abuses them. When you play for skill in a shooter, it shouldn't count for vehicles because you can just camp all you want and keep firing missles, etc. That's not how a shooter should function.

[quote name='Casteor']Another note:
I would say its a plus to have vehicles in this type of shooter, but even then-- everyone abuses them. When you play for skill in a shooter, it shouldn't count for vehicles because you can just camp all you want and keep firing missles, etc. That's not how a shooter should function.[/QUOTE]

If you camp, you will be destroyed by a sniper w/ C4. Plus, the game is balanced because a Tracer Dart into the tank and an engineer can just fire a RPG at the general direction of the tank and still hit it.

This game is less about actual skill and more about teamwork...

[quote name='pram12']If you camp, you will be destroyed by a sniper w/ C4. Plus, the game is balanced because a Tracer Dart into the tank and an engineer can just fire a RPG at the general direction of the tank and still hit it.

This game is less about actual skill and more about teamwork...[/QUOTE]

MW2 is teamwork as well.
Where are you going with this?

Lol, sounds like a bunch of pussies who can't work for kills. Get good.

Besides, FPS controls on consoles are terrible. I'm reserving judgment for the PC beta.

[quote name='Jodou']Lol, sounds like a bunch of pussies who can't work for kills. Get good.

Besides, FPS controls on consoles are terrible. I'm reserving judgment for the PC beta.[/QUOTE]

Ok, if you want to bring that up-- I have a 2.09 KDR.

MW2 is a bit more lone-wolf, whereas if you don't work as a team in BC2 you will consitantly lose, which I did. I did alright, even with the hard sniping, but always lost because people can't hold things down.

I have a tough time not yelling at the TV during Domination on MW2.

Well, SnD is more teamwork. Depends on what mode you play. I know what you guys mean by "solo" in MW2, which I usually am the "lone-wolf" going 3.0 KDR in SnD

[quote name='Casteor']Ok, if you want to bring that up-- I have a 2.09 KDR.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, must be tough owning new players. . .

Seriously, bringing up KDR's is for CAL-0 scrubs who think they have something to prove.

[quote name='Jodou']Yeah, must be tough owning new players. . .

Seriously, bringing up KDR's is for CAL-0 scrubs who think they have something to prove.[/QUOTE]

Somebody brought it up first. Besides, I do that in SnD (Search and Destroy).

Obviously, you can't read.

[quote name='Casteor']Somebody brought it up first. Besides, I do that in SnD (Search and Destroy).

Obviously, you can't read.[/QUOTE]
WTF are you talking about lol? Actually, I don't care.
[quote name='Lord_Zath']LOL at this thread's tags:

battlefield bad company 2, horrible game discussion, mw2 sucks as it is, no taste in video games

In all honesty, try it and enjoy it. Or don't. I've played the BC2 beta and found it somewhat enjoyable. I don't own MW2 nor do I intend to. I'm not a big FPS player, so for now, I'll enjoy my free FPS experience :).[/QUOTE]Haha, I hope the game doesn't suck because I really want a good followup to BF2.

[quote name='Jodou']WTF are you talking about lol? Actually, I don't care.[/QUOTE]

Then you wouldn't show your emotions over an internet thread.

/rant yes?

The Beta--notice how I said Beta--is not bad; it's decent. Let's not forget this a single map, with a single mode, with a game that is not finished. Even the graphics, according to multiple sources, are still in the alpha phase in the Beta.

I'm a huge Battlefield fan--have been playing since 1942. The destruction is unbelievably awesome--even better than BC1. The great thing about the destruction is that it makes the game a more dynamic experience; you can't always rely on the same tactics to get you through things, and that's the huge appeal of the BC games. Really keeps the game fresh and unique.

It does take 3 shots to kill someone with a sniper, but I like that, personally. It takes some actual skill (i.e. you have to hit people in the head) and practice, not just spamming bullets. Otherwise, it does not take too long to kill someone. People drop like flies. If you're getting shot at, chances are you're dead. You have very little time to react and get away. Regarding vehicles, and that person who said you can just camp all day in them: if a tank is camping and just tearing everything up, your team is not functioning as it should. Tracer darts. C4. RPGs. UAVs. Keep in mind that there are helicopters not in this Beta. I do have an issue, though, with repair spamming--multiple engineers just hanging back and repairing a tank endlessly, rending anything other than C4 useless, essentially. I feel as though the tanks should repair more slowly.

I think the reason why I'm finding the Beta slightly underwhelming is one, most obviously, playing the same map and mode over and over gets old, especially when people are just screwing around with the Beta and not taking things seriously, not being organized. Secondly, I don't think I enjoy rush mode, at least the way it's set up now. There aren't enough transport vehicles at the different spawn points farther down the map, which makes the pacing lag quite a bit, leading to boredom. Granted, you get be in a squad and spawn on them, but if everyone is dead, you can't. Third, there are too many tank spawns for a map that has no helicopters to balance things out a bit better. I hope that is worked out, and I'm sure it will be. Fourth, when it gets down to the last laptop (which is a really underwhelming thing to blow up, honestly...), people just spam health packs and ammo and camp in the building, making it a trial of patience that gets old. Lastly, it takes a bit of getting used to the somewhat clumsy gameplay and movement; I feel some of the buttons--that can't be changed in the settings--could be mapped differently, such as the class tools'.

I think I'm going to enjoy the actual game much more because I won't have to play rush mode, if it still feels dull upon release. I'm more of a fan of traditional cap flags/decrease tickets Battlefield gameplay. The good thing is that BC2 feels a lot more like Battlefield 2, which is still my favorite Battlefield game.

Also, of course people are going to pull the inevitable, "MW2 is better and takes more skill lol." They're completely different games emphasizing completely different play styles. Get over it, and stop comparing/ranking.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Goddamn I wish they'd hurry up with the PC beta.[/QUOTE]
The PS3 beta ends in about five days, so not too much longer now. They did say early next year, so hopefully early January.

bread's done
Back