Big Fish Games $2.99 Game Deals: Murder, She Wrote & Royal Envoy

Otty Ott

CAGiversary!
Today's Big Fish $2.99 Daily Deal game is:

Trial Of The Gods: Ariadne's Fate - a match 3 game.

Click here for Trial Of The Gods: Ariadne's Fate

Now no coupon code needed. To get the $2.99 price, you must either be a Game Club member or do the 1 month Game Club trial which you can cancel after buying the game.

Big Fish has also started a $2.99 Catch of the Week:

Redemption Cemetery: Curse Of The Raven - A hidden object game.

Click here for Redemption Cemetery: Curse Of The Raven

Now no coupon code or Game Club membership needed. Available to everyone.

I will update this post every day for the new game each day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamezebo review:

"With its short length, easy puzzles, and helpful hint system, Hotel is the perfect entry point for those new to adventure games. But these same characteristics also make it a game that will probably be far too easy and unsatisfying for fans of the genre, not to mention the fact that it features some very underwhelming production values. If you're looking for a good game to get you started in the genre, however, or if you just appreciate a good supernatural mystery, you might just want to check in with Hotel."

Pros: Very helpful hint system. Plot is mysterious and engaging.

Cons: Can be too easy at times. Uneven graphics.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars; Average Player Score: 3.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Hotel

King's Legacy
- a strategy game.

Click here for King's Legacy

Now no coupon code needed. To get the $2.99 price, you must either be a Game Club member or do the 1 month Game Club trial which you can cancel after buying the game.

Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse - A hidden object adventure game.

Click here for Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse

Gamezebo review:

"The graphics are pleasant, and the levels are untimed (save for a handful of special exceptions). The relaxed pace might appeal to a certain type of player. Others should give the trial demo a whirl first to see if King's Legacy is their cup of tea."

Pros: Merchant's hut is a great new addition. More interesting spell creation process. Nice graphics.

Cons: Awkward controls. Gameplay becomes repetitive. Very similar to Shaman Odyssey.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5 stars; Average Player Score: 1.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of King's Legacy

Gamezebo review:

"The graphics are pleasant, and the levels are untimed (save for a handful of special exceptions). The relaxed pace might appeal to a certain type of player. Others should give the trial demo a whirl first to see if King's Legacy is their cup of tea."

Pros: Merchant's hut is a great new addition. More interesting spell creation process. Nice graphics.

Cons: Awkward controls. Gameplay becomes repetitive. Very similar to Shaman Odyssey.

Click to read the Gamezebo review of King's Legacy

Diner Dash 5: Boom
- a time management game.

Click here for Diner Dash 5: Boom

Antique Road Trip USA - A hidden object game.

Click here for Antique Road Trip USA

Gamezebo review:

"Completing Diner Dash 5’s story mode is satisfying. Going back to work on improving your level scores is really satisfying. Diner Dash 5 is the first sequel to the original Diner Dash that feels like a substantial improvement on the original rather than an expansion pack. If you haven’t tried Diner Dash before or were frustrated by earlier games in the series, give this one a try."

Pros: Improved level design and graphics. Super-difficult bonus levels for players with lots of skill. Facebook Connect makes a single-player game more social.

Cons: Controls can still be mushy and imprecise. Snack mechanic is still irritating.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars; Average Player Score: 3.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Diner Dash 5: Boom

Gamezebo review:

"Antique Road Trip is a solid game, if not an especially profound or memorable one. What it lacks in variety or originality, it makes up for by being the sort of thing that can be played a level or two at a time, then put away for a day, a week or a month with no feeling of lost momentum or progress. It's a time-killer, not a page-turner, but sometimes that's all you need. And if that is all you need, Antique Road Trip USA is definitely worth giving it a try."

Pros: Easy to play in short-and-sweet bursts when you've got a few minutes to kill.

Cons: Gets repetitive. Might be a little too "down home" for some folks.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars; Average Player Score: 3.0 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Antique Road Trip USA

My Life Story
- a time management game.

Click here for My Life Story

For some reason Gamezebo did not review this game even though it is fairly recent. User reviews gave it 3 stars out of 5.

Here is the game description from Big Fish:

Survive the ordeals of modern day life as you strive toward the career of your dreams in My Life Story, a fun Builder game! As a recent high school graduate living in your parents' basement, life is just getting started. It's time to find a job, move into an apartment and work your way through the collegiate ranks. As you explore the town, you'll uncover special events, intriguing encounters and even home furnishings that improve your weekend.

• Quirky characters
  • Dozens of jobs to choose from
  • Find the career of your dreams

Romopolis
- a building game similar to Build-A-Lot.

Click here for Romopolis

Gamezebo review:

"To tell flat out the truth, knowing that Romopolis surely will find an audience, I would recommend this game only to really avid strategy game fans or those of you who already liked Townopolis. Romopolis definitely does not stand out in the crowd of average casual game titles, though it would have the potential to be a good game. Perhaps we'll see something more enjoyable, more individual and less frustrating in the future. Spacepolis, anyone?"

Pros: Adjustable difficulty. Two play modes. Level editor. Easily accessible. Good variety of buildings. Ok length.

Cons: Only superficially different from Townopolis. Unbalanced pace. Static graphics. Annoying regularity of damaged buildings - especially in later levels. Rather weak compared to other games in the genre.

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Romopolis

Youda Camper
- a strategy game.

Click here for Youda Camper

Gamezebo review:

"Youda Camper lacks elegance and simplicity, two qualities essential for success in today's casual market, meaning all but the most ardent desktop enthusiasts will want to seek other ways to experience the magic of the great outdoors."

Pros: Many buildings to construct. Open-ended setup bolsters replay value.

Cons: Poor translation. Counter-intuitive interface. Monotonous play. Bland presentation. Offers inadequate feedback. Difficult for beginners.

Rating: 2.0 out of 5 stars; Average Player Score: 4.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Youda Camper

Kate Arrow: Deserted Wood
- a hidden object game.

Click here for Kate Arrow: Deserted Wood

Kate Arrow is another game Gamezebo mysteriously didn't review. Player reviews on the site gave the hidden object game 3.5 stars out of 5.

Here is the description from Big Fish:

Return a valuable idol to a tribe in Kate Arrow Deserted Wood! Help Kate travel deep into the jungle and find her grandfather in this fun Hidden Object game. Pack your bags and use your wits to avoid dangerous situations, and make it through a plane crash! Track down your grandfather and deliver the powerful idol that he has promised to the tribe that saved his life many years ago. Set off on adventure in Kate Arrow Deserted Wood!

* Gorgeous graphics
* Wonderful gameplay
* Return the idol!

Love Chronicles: The Spell
- a hidden object game.

Click here for Love Chronicles: The Spell

Love Chronicles is yet another game Gamezebo mysteriously didn't review. Player reviews on the site gave the hidden object game 3.0 stars out of 5.

A young prince has been having the same dream and is summoned far from his home. Help him remove an evil curse that has caused a whole kingdom to be trapped in their dreams! Save a beautiful princess before it’s too late in this fun and exciting Hidden Object Adventure game. Dive into the world of Love Chronicles – The Spell, and defeat the evil witch that has cursed the entire population once and for all!

• Gorgeous graphics
  • Perplexing puzzles

Life Quest
- a life simulation game.

Click here for Life Quest

Gamezebo review:

"Overall, though, Life Quest is a triumphant combination of multiple genres, wrapped in a great-looking game that drips with personality. If Big Fish Games could address some of these issues they might just have a new and successful casual game franchise on their hands."

Pros: Fun and accessible life simulation with time management spin. Loads of options, customization and choices. Attractive graphics. "Free play" offered after main game is completed.

Cons: Limited replayability (and only one game mode). If lose mission, you still "win" against rival. Some challenges too easy and short. Don't get a sense of overall "life goal." Annoying voice talent (especially your "big sis").

Rating: 4.0 out of 5 stars; Average Player Score: 3.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Life Quest

Pahelika: Secret Legends
- an adventure game.

Click here for Pahelika: Secret Legends

Redrum - A hidden object game.

Click here for Redrum

Gamezebo review:

"If you're a fan of adventure games, but not of their tendency to be punishingly difficult, definitely give Pahelika a try. It's no pushover, but the concessions it makes to ensuring you have everything you need to succeed make it a more welcoming adventure experience."

Pros: Inventive puzzles. Just the right amount of challenge.

Cons: Slooooooow cut scenes that can't be skipped. Occasionally confounding logic.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars; Average Player Score: 4.0 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Pahelika: Secret Legends

Gamezebo review:

"While Redrum is no slouch in the gameplay department, the real reason to play this game is to experience the story. I've encountered a lot of video game villains over the years, but the diabolical Dr. Fraud is one villain that you really want to see go down, and the vulnerable Rose and her courageous uncle are two heroes you'll really find yourself rooting for."

Pros: Mature theme and story. Chilling atmosphere. Powerful characters. Superb use of graphics and sound to create atmosphere.

Cons: Story ends somewhat abruptly and doesn't tie up every loose end.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars; Average Player Score: 3.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Redrum

ABC Cubes: Teddy's Playground
- a puzzle game.

Click here for ABC Cubes: Teddy's Playground

Click here for Redrum

Hotel Dash: Suite Success - a time management game from the makers of Diner Dash.

Click here for Hotel Dash: Suite Success

Click here for Redrum

Gamezebo review:

"When it comes to quality time management games with quirky stories and interesting twists, PlayFirst still is the company to look at. Hotel Dash: Suite Success is as polished as it could be and will meet the expectations of most dash fans. The endless mode somewhat compensates for the easy story mode, so that there is also a challenge for the more experienced players."

Pros: Fast-paced. Two modes. Amazing variety of customer types. Wonderful graphics.

Cons: Story mode is extremely easy. Elevators do not work as smoothly as possible.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars; Average player review: 4.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Hotel Dash: Suite Success

Geisha: The Secret Garden - a puzzle game.

Click here for Geisha: The Secret Garden

Click here for Redrum

Gamezebo review:

"Since Geisha: The Secret Garden has no real plot or characters to speak of, it also doesn’t have anything like a real ending or a real story. You begin in summer and see an end credit roll after completing all the spring levels, after which you’re back at the first summer level. Beating the game frankly felt pointless, since I ran out of garden pieces I wanted to buy and bought all of the dragons before the game was really half over. Casual Box clearly has some interesting ideas about match-3 gameplay, but Geisha is a little too half-baked to really do much with them."

Pros: Relaxing atmosphere. Garden-creating mini-game is fun. Some interesting twists on the match-3 formula.

Cons: Difficulty curve is wildly uneven. Not enough stuff to buy while gardening. Gameplay feels a bit too gimmicky over time.

Rating: 3.0 out of 5 stars; Average player review: 2.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Geisha: The Secret Garden

Faded Reality - a hidden object game.

Click here for Faded Reality

Click here for Redrum

Gamezebo did not review Faded Reality, but user reviews gave it 2.5 stars out of 5.

Help Monica use her new abilities to decipher visions and solve the mystery of the Faded Reality! Find the clues to re-create the events of the past. Follow the steps of Monica’s cornea donor and find out what happened to him and other patients of a mysterious clinic.

• Immersive atmosphere
  • Intriguing Hidden Object scenes
  • Help Monica Solve a deadly mystery!

I was about to pick up Faded Reality for my wife but it's no longer on sale for 2.99 so I guess I'll just wait until another hidden object game goes on sale.

Hidden Mysteries: Civil War - a hidden object game.

Click here for Hidden Mysteries: Civil War

Click here for Redrum

Gamezebo review:

"The civil war between the Union and Confederate armies was a bloody and turbulent chapter of American history, and one that Gunnar Games and GameMill attempt to capture in the seek-and-find adventure Hidden Mysteries - Civil War. While a narrative chock full of historical details should be enough to intrigue those with an interest in the time period, the gameplay itself largely fails to hold up its end of the equation, resulting in an uneven effort that doesn't quite live up to its obvious potential."

Pros: Interesting historical story depicted through war-time letters. Battlefield scenes. Stirring music and sound effects.

Cons: Out of context items. Items can be too small. Flawed hints system. On the short side with limited replay value.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5 stars; Average player review: 2.0 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Hidden Mysteries - Civil War

As I read the user agreement, you are essentially agreeing to buy one game a month for $6.99 and in return you get some games on sale that other people may not get for those prices. Does that about sum up your club membership?

Yes, you can cancel the Game Club membership by just clicking on your name at the top of the home page to go to your account and then click on Cancel My Membership.

Any game you buy while a member is $6.99 instead of $9.99. Plus Collector's Editions are $13.99 instead of $19.99. Also, you can get the daily $2.99 special and access to tomorrow's new game today. They also run other members only sales and deals.

Travel Agency - a time management game.

Click here for Travel Agency

Click here for Redrum

Gamezebo review:

"Take it for what you will: It's not that Travel Agency is bad by any stretch, or even particularly underwhelming. The game just takes its sweet time getting to the good stuff, and does little to quickly build a sense of empathy or endearment with players used to instant gratification. As such, there's little pressing need to sample the amusement, let alone commit to beating it, especially if you're a desktop veteran. However, beginners and collectors may find it worth booting up for a look, if only to see why it's important for developers to put as much effort into creating a sense of atmosphere as truly reflex-testing gameplay."

Pros: Range of patrons/tour packages. Need to maintain worker stamina. Colorful comics tell the tale. Sound difficulty progression.

Cons: Lacks personality. Slow to really ramp up. Sticks too closely to standard formula. Doesn't fully capitalize on theme. Coma-inducing soundtrack.

Rating: 3.0 out of 5 stars; Average player review: 3.0 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Travel Agency

The 80's Game With Martha Quinn - a trivia game.

Click here for The 80's Game With Martha Quinn

Empress Of The Deep: The Darkest Secret - A hidden object game.

Click here for Empress Of The Deep: The Darkest Secret

Gamezebo review:

"The '80s Game With Martha Quinn is a great pick for trivia fans who grew up in the '80s, but might have limited appeal for everyone else. That said, the game offers many questions, four distinct modes and suitably cheesy graphics and sound effects as if we the '80s all over again. "Flashdance" leg warmers are optional."

Pros: Good questions. Covers many categories. Many game modes to choose from. Collectible items.

Cons: No multimedia such as photos, videos or song clips. No online multiplayer component.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of The '80s Game With Martha Quinn

Gamezebo review:

"Empress of the Deep: The Darkest Secret is one of the most entertaining hidden object games I've played in a long time. With a fantastic setting, engaging environments, fun puzzles and a dark twist, it's a great choice for gamers looking for a relaxed experience with a bit of an edge to it. And short though it may be, the end of the game doesn't necessary mean the end of the tale: Its promise of "To be continued" means one sequel that I'm definitely looking forward to."

Pros: Impressive graphics and sound. Deeply engaging game world. Gameplay is relaxed but reasonably challenging without becoming frustrating.

Cons: Maybe a little too easy for some gamers. Definitely on the short side.

Rating: 4.0 out of 5 stars; Average player review: 4.0 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Empress of the Deep: The Darkest Secret

Gallop For Gold - a slot machine simulation game.

Click here for Gallop For Gold

I can't find a review of this slot machine game. It's just a slot machine after all.

Beat the bookie and share the fun in Gallop for Gold. Horse racing and slots collide in this action packed game with great animated graphics. Includes more bonuses and mini-games than you can shake a riding crop at! With the first ever Nudge Jackpot and 6 unique bookie bonuses in the feature bonus round - this really is the mane event!

• Colt Cash Feature.
  • Nudge Jackpot.
  • 5 reel, 6 reel & special edition games

Art Detective - a find the difference game.

Click here for Art Detective

Gamezebo review:

"Art Detective has some interesting mini-games, and a very cool menu screen, but the game itself lacks instructions and is difficult to play. The concept is good, and has been done successfully before, but the execution in this case is very rough around the edges."

Pros: Interesting selection of paintings. Ability to replay all levels and minigames.

Cons: Unclear and limited instructions. English errors. Occasional unresponsive clicks. Hint system refills very slowly.

Rating: 2.0 out of 5 stars; Average player review: 1.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Art Detective

Lost Fortunes - a puzzle game.

Click here for Lost Fortunes

Gamezebo review:

"There's not a great deal of depth to what's offered here, but the variety and fast-pace of the mini-games make sure things stay fresh and fun throughout. If a decent level of challenge and a good deal of longevity aren't too important to you, Lost Fortunes is definitely a great way to eat up an afternoon."

Pros: Fast-paced gameplay puts your mind to the test.

Cons: Relatively short experience. Nearly impossible to fail.

Rating: 3.0 out of 5 stars; Average player review: 3.5 out of 5 stars

Click to read the Gamezebo review of Lost Fortunes

Fashion Assistant - a hidden object game.

Click here for Fashion Assistant

bread's done
Back