Big Fish Games $2.99 Game Deals: Murder, She Wrote & Royal Envoy

Otty Ott

CAGiversary!
Today's Big Fish $2.99 Daily Deal game is:

Trial Of The Gods: Ariadne's Fate - a match 3 game.

Click here for Trial Of The Gods: Ariadne's Fate

Now no coupon code needed. To get the $2.99 price, you must either be a Game Club member or do the 1 month Game Club trial which you can cancel after buying the game.

Big Fish has also started a $2.99 Catch of the Week:

Redemption Cemetery: Curse Of The Raven - A hidden object game.

Click here for Redemption Cemetery: Curse Of The Raven

Now no coupon code or Game Club membership needed. Available to everyone.

I will update this post every day for the new game each day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Needless to say, there isn't a Gamezebo review of Buku Kakuro. I assume it is similar to Buku Sudoku except with the far less popular puzzle of Kakuro instead. I looked for reviews on other sites and couldn't find anything, not even player reviews.

After a few good days, the sale has dropped back into the gutter...unless you happen to like Kakuro, that is...

...and tomorrow is supposed to be the last day....

Gamezebo review:

"Think of Burger Rush as a cross between Stand O' Food and Jewel Quest (and a bit of Cake Mania and Diner Dash thrown in for good measure)... With 50 levels, 15 burger recipes, and plenty of upgrades for the restaurant, Burger Rush is an inspired combination of two popular genres, and it's great fun too."

Pros: Unique combination of restaurant sim and match-three, fun characters and settings, plenty of upgrades, Challenging

Cons: Finicky controls in certain areas

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Read the full review here:
http://www.gamezebo.com/games/burger-rush/review

Okay, Yesterday was the last day of the $2.99 game of the day for the Big Fish Toolbar...

BUT

There is a new $2.99 game of the day sale for Big Fish....only for Game Club members.

I don't really want to get locked into joining their Game Club, but like today's deal on Burger Rush, I will try to figure out the coupon code for you all. It usually isn't too hard to figure out... I can't guarantee I'll figure out the code each day, but I will try.

Gamezebo review:

"10 Days under the Sea doesn't grip like some of the summer's hit hidden object games. However, its relaxing look and feel and music will attract those who simply want to have fun playing a game. You go to the beach to relax, not to swim as fast as possible. If there's such a thing as a beach for hidden object games, 10 Days under the Sea is the one."

Pros: Lovely hand-drawn scenes. Bonus hints. Photo-hunting feature.

Cons: Items too hard to see and find. Confusing objects. Not original.

Rating: 3 out of 5 stars

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/10-days-under-sea/review

Gamezebo review:

"This is certainly a worthy entry into the 'Customer Management' category, and the addition of 'shopping' certainly helps move the whole genre forward. If you enjoy the challenge, focus and fun of these types of games, Cake Mania will make a tasty addition to your casual game collection. "

Pros: Fun characters; Nice graphics; Familiar game play; Cool shopping feature.

Cons: A few elements require polish; Not a giant leap for this kind of game

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/cake-mania/review

You're welcome! And thanks for the kind words.

I wish I had a better deal to report... Cake Mania is a good game, but Amazon/Reflexive had a better deal on it earlier this week...

on amazon, cake mania & big kahuna are often 98 cents or free, just keep checking, it goes in cycles.

[quote name='Otty Ott']You're welcome! And thanks for the kind words.

I wish I had a better deal to report... Cake Mania is a good game, but Amazon/Reflexive had a better deal on it earlier this week...[/QUOTE]

I try to maintain a thread on digital distribution deals over at Neogaf, so I can kind of relate to the commitment required. On a side note, I've included a link to this thread in the section of the post where BigFish games is mentioned.

Today's deal is Hide & Secret 2: Cliffhanger Castle. Code is HIDE299.

It received 3 stars at Gamezeebo:
Hide & Secret 2 brings a unique twist to the hidden object format in that each set of levels is capped off with a scenario that combines a hidden object search with an action sequence. For example, while investigating King Tut’s tomb, Will and Anna trigger a trap that will fill the pyramid’s interior with water unless they can clear out all the modern items, which involves clicking on all the required items before the water slowly filling the screen reaches the top.

I never installed the toolbar, so always had to check in for the deals before. Now that the deal is listed under "My Game Club" on the site, I can help with posting the deal if that's OK with you.

Thanks, RagmanX, but I've been posting them every morning for months. I don't mind posting them. It is pretty much my morning ritual and you just beat me to it... Also, since I started the thread, I'm the only one who can change the thread title and such each day.

I was online about 4 hours earlier than normal. Didn't think about it and thought you'd not had a chance to get on. After I posted I realized that I was up and online early. Sorry about that.

Gamezebo review:

"Casual gamers won't find a reason to replay the game or to keep the volume turned up. Pets Fun House may miss a few things, and younger players might struggle with the challenging levels and the disturbing animal "deaths." Pets Fun House is like an unmotivated student who - with a few changes - could blossom to become a BPOC (big pet on campus)."

Pros: Variety of pets and settings. Humor. Chaining works well.

Cons: Unoriginal. Sloppy grammar. Market component needs fixing. Depressing animal deaths.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5 stars

Read the full Gamezebo review here

This is a game I have never heard of...and after reading the review and player reviews, it looks like one I will pass on personally... if you have to play a pet shop game, there are better ones out there than this one...

Today's Big Fish $2.99 Game Of The Day is:

Spacebound - Rotate blocks to make matches and trigger the rescue bar. The more matches you make before the rescue bar finishes, the more combos you score!

Click Here For Spacebound

Use Coupon Code: SPACE299

Gamezebo review:

"Cute premise indeed, but Spacebound can be a challenging puzzler... Spacebound adds a wonderful layer of tension as you race to rack up as many points as possible. This combo vs. timer element is innovative and well-placed within the game mechanic... Spacebound is definitely worth the free download so you can get to know this challenging and attractive game."

Pros: Cute and humorous premise; Unique puzzle game mechanic; Multiple game modes.

Cons: Time limit on combos add tension; Some gamers may not want this.

Read the Gamezebo review of Spacebound here

Glad to see this sale still going on in whatever form!

Spacebound...interesting little game. Worth $2.99... definitely not worth the $19.99 it was priced when it first came out. Good to see these things getting priced where they should be. $6.99 is way more reasonable for a regular price for most of these...

Wonderland - Explore a magical world filled with puzzles and adventure, meet and interact with other characters and creatures, and unravel a mystery that is threatening Wonderland's existence.

Click Here For Wonderland

Use Coupon Code: LAND299

Gamezebo did not review Wonderland or any of its 4 sequels. GameSpot did, however.

GameSpot Review:

"Wonderland has a lot of puzzles to keep you thinking, but you've probably played other, better games like this before."

Pros: Good number of levels, Bright, colorful look.

Cons: Gets old fast

Rating: 6.3 out of 10

Read GameSpot Review Here

I should also point out that this is an OLD game. Came out as an indie game as early as 2003. But GameSpot reviewed it in 2005. Either way, it is pretty old as far as casual games go, so don't expect much from the graphics. It did spawn 4 sequels...

Cake Mania 2 - Jill is back in an all-new, out-of-this-world adventure! Explore far-flung bakery locations; serve up deliciously original creations to quirky customers, ranging from Federal Agents to mysterious Aliens, and choose the path Jill will take in Cake Mania 2!

Click Here For Cake Mania 2

Use Coupon Code: 299CAKE

Gamezebo review:

"I don't mean to come down hard on Cake Mania 2 because it can be fun and gratifying to successfully finish a hard day. But perhaps I was expecting more from the talented folks at Sandlot Games who are trying to deliver a sequel that measures up to its predecessor. Perhaps if there were unique game modes, a tighter integration of story and location, and less frustrating and annoying moments, I'd give this game a better score. But as it stands, it's a good - but not great - follow-up to last year's tasty treat."

Pros: Fun and frantic game-play. Many cake types, toppings and icings. Multiple environments and customers.

Cons: Not too different than first game. Some frustrating and annoying elements. Customers and environments are not related.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

Read the Gamezebo review here

You'd be better off paying the extra $4 to get Cake Mania 3 or the recently-released Cake Mania : Main Street, both of which are better than CM2.

[quote name='Otty Ott']Today's Big Fish $2.99 Game Of The Day is:

Cake Mania 2 - Jill is back in an all-new, out-of-this-world adventure! Explore far-flung bakery locations; serve up deliciously original creations to quirky customers, ranging from Federal Agents to mysterious Aliens, and choose the path Jill will take in Cake Mania 2!

Click Here For Cake Mania 2

Use Coupon Code: 299CAKE

I will update this post every day for the new game each day.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for keeping this thread going. Is anyone else still playing Burger Shop? I am and I love it. :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Gamezebo review:

"Forgotten Riddles: The Moonlight Sonatas embraces the 19th century theme with gusto. Everything from the elegant piano music (you won't want to turn the music down in this one) to charming, exquisitely designed scenes with items that are (mostly) true to the time and setting, and a poignant story told in frequent flashbacks.

"If The Moonlight Sonatas has a fault it's that, like its predecessor, the game is on the short side. However, the alternate ending at least gives players a reason to play the game twice. It's not the kind of game that will engross you for weeks or months at a time, but it's compelling fun while it lasts."

Pros: Clever and entertaining riddles. Compelling story and gameplay. New puzzle modes. Polished production values and great music.

Cons: Relatively short at 10 chapters.

Read the Gamezebo review of Forgotten Riddles: The Moonlight Sonatas here

Today's deal is interesting in that it is the first repeat deal in this sale. This was one of the first games they offered for $2.99 back in July. But it is a good game and recommended, so if you missed it back then, grab it today.

I would think it would count, but I don't know for sure. I can't find anything on the site today about that Buy 6 Get 1 Free promo they are running this month. Sometimes Big Fish has too many promos running to keep track of them all!

There is no Gamezebo review for this game, since it came out several years ago. I have played it to completion, however, back in the day.

Atlantis Quest is an early classic Bejeweled clone. The object is to work an artifact fragment down the board and free it at the bottom. The fragment then goes to help piece together the artifact. It plays a lot like Jewel Quest and 7 Wonders. It's difficulty lies between those 2 games, easier than Jewel Quest, but harder than 7 Wonders.

I liked this game a lot and it was very popular when it came out. It spawned Rise Of Atlantis, Call of Atlantis and Around The World In 80 Days (different theme, same gameplay).

I can confirm that the $2.99 games count toward the six games with the promo, as I did it yesterday.

However, my only confirmation is from the online help guy who told me it would work. I have not received my free game code yet or the e-mail telling me I'm owed a code (which is apparently how they do it).

EDIT:

I just received the confirmation e-mail, and the $2.99 game definitely applied (as did the ones I used GC credits for). The free game(s) come in November.

Here are the details (from their website):
  1. Buy ANY six games on the site between October 1st and October 31st. Every game on the site is eligible, but only purchases made by 11:59pm on October 31st count!
  2. On or around November 1st, we’ll tally up everyone who’s purchased at least six games during Octoberfest.
  3. Very shortly thereafter, we’ll email one free Game Club credit to everyone who has qualified. Then just choose your free game and enjoy!

Thanks for posting the offer info, Bullwinkle! Big Fish doesn't always have it up on their site, so this really helps!

Hell's Kitchen - Cooking and restaurant management game based on the popular Fox TV show. This is the clean version, the unrated version is only available on the developer's website at a higher price.

Click Here for Hell's Kitchen

Use Coupon Code: KITCOOK299

Gamezebo review:

"Overall, Hell’s Kitchen is challenging and a lot of fun. Hearing Gordon Ramsay’s voice cheering you on when you succeed (“I like that. I really like that!” and “Finally I’ve tasted something delicious!”) is great for any fan of the show. If you’ve never experienced Chef Ramsay’s personality through his television shows, the game might seem a bit harsh to some, but it’s all in good fun."

Pros: Gordon Ramsay. Good graphics. Gordon Ramsay. Smoothly combines cooking and restaurant management gameplay. Gordon Ramsay. Printable recipes. Gordon Ramsay...

Cons: Gets repetitive after a while. Limited variety in the voice-overs.

Read Gamezebo's review of Hell's Kitchen here

Gamezebo review:

"Take heed: Around the World in 80 Days contains a high addiction factor. People strict about their bedtimes might struggle with turning off the game. Instead of going on a journey to the center of your dreams, you find yourself 20,000 leagues into Around the World in 80 Days."

Pros: Excellent mixing of game and story. Beautiful scenery. Game play difficulty on target. Screensavers.

Cons: Gameplay is not original. Combos could be worth more. Disappointing U.S. theme.

Click here for Gamezebo's review of Around The World In 80 Days

[quote name='Chikara']Thanks for doing this, Otty. I appreciate giving us a link to go straight to the game. I can't stand the thought of loading their stupid toolbar to get the deal each day.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I can't stand it when they want you to load your games to their managers and tool bars. I paid for the game and can manage quite well on my own thank you. :applause::applause::applause:

Gamezebo review:

"It's hard to truly rake The Rise of Atlantis over the coals - what you have here is simply an extremely well-crafted brainteaser that delivers the goods without attempting to push any boundaries. For those who can't get enough of the popular 'match three' approach to electronic amusements, it's guaranteed to satisfy. For those tiring of the textbook setup though, don't expect to stave off burnout with Terminal Studio's latest - a nice piece of eye candy, it's nonetheless a strictly by-the-numbers digital diversion."

Pros: Audiovisuals; Learning Curve; Backgrounds; Game balancing; Bonus screensaver

Cons: Single play mode; Emphasizes matches over combos

Click here to read Gamezebo's review of The Rise Of Atlantis

Same game, same engine, different name as yesterday's game... I wonder if we will see Call of Atlantis tomorrow?! It may be too new, even though it isn't much different than the others, either...well, it does add in some hidden object stages...

You can also get The Rise Of Atlantis on your iPhone or iPod Touch for 99 cents right now. The gameboard is kind of small so swapping jewels isn't the easiest...

bread's done
Back