Big Fish Games $2.99 Game Deals: Murder, She Wrote & Royal Envoy

Otty Ott

CAGiversary!
Today's Big Fish $2.99 Daily Deal game is:

Trial Of The Gods: Ariadne's Fate - a match 3 game.

Click here for Trial Of The Gods: Ariadne's Fate

Now no coupon code needed. To get the $2.99 price, you must either be a Game Club member or do the 1 month Game Club trial which you can cancel after buying the game.

Big Fish has also started a $2.99 Catch of the Week:

Redemption Cemetery: Curse Of The Raven - A hidden object game.

Click here for Redemption Cemetery: Curse Of The Raven

Now no coupon code or Game Club membership needed. Available to everyone.

I will update this post every day for the new game each day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamezebo review:

"While mostly recycling 20 year-old play mechanics and slapping on a fresh, mainstream-oriented coat of paint, 2007's Defender of the Crown simply proves the strength of its original concept. While some strategy players might not appreciate their game being interrupted by the occasional action sequence, and vice versa, it's hardly worth mentioning. Capable of attracting fans from both audiences - and enthralling an entirely new generation of gamers with its slick looks and polished excitement - this one's easily worth its weight in shields and lances."

Pros: Graphics; Sound; Depth; Faithfulness to original; Action-based mini-games; Use of bonus cards

Cons: Learning curve; Difficulty; Some won't enjoy arcade-style side-quests; Third coming of the classic

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Read the full review here:
http://www.gamezebo.com/games/defender-crown/review

[quote name='Otty Ott']Today's Big Fish $2.99 Game Of The Day is:

Defender Of The Crown - Remake of the classic Amiga game by Cinemaware. Jousting, archery and more.

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/1520/defenderofthecrown/index.html?afcode=af7f87502da6

Use Coupon Code: CROWN299[/QUOTE]

DO NOT buy this game.. i downloaded this about a month or two off shockwave ..

game only last around 2 maybe 3 hours no replay vaule. no strag. no nothing..

was hoping it was something like the old GEMFIRE For the SNES but its not

Following up on Slidecage's comment....

Gamespot actually reviewed this one. Unlike Gamezebo's glowing review, Gamespot gave it a 2.0 out of 10. Terrible. They say it is basically the 20 year old game with better graphics but no other modernizations.

A real shame... the console remakes a bit earlier weren't that bad...

Gamezebo review:

"The Three Stooges: Treasure Hunt Hijinks is a no-brainer for fans of America’s most popular vaudeville comedy act. While not the most challenging in the hunt-and-search genre, when asked if it’s worth the investment any Stooge fan worth his weight in one-liners will respond, 'Why soitenly!'"

Pros: Larry, Curly and Moe. Loads of Stoogisms. Great visual and aural presentation. Two game modes.

Cons: Lacks real challenge. Needs more sound bytes. No pie throwing.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars User reviews 1.5 out of 5 (too easy)

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/three-stooges-treasure-hunt-hijinks/review

The Three Stooges is really more for kids. All the user reviews I found rated it low due to being way too easy and short. But if you have young kids, it may be a good one.

Gamezebo review:

"Unfortunately, it's possible that you won't fully grasp the game within the first hour -- the trial hour -- of playing. Once you pass that, however, Plumeboom: The First Chapter turns into an engrossing game. The title hints another Plumeboom game, and we look forward to it pending improvements.'"

Pros: Different approach to match three / three-in-a-row games. Power-up bonuses. Long-lasting.

Cons: Learning curve. Poor documentation. No explanations for many gameplay features. No pattern to when bonus mini-game and Orniland map appear.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/plumeboom-first-chapter/review

Kind of amazed this sale is still going. If they keep this up, at some point every game they have is going to come up at the 2.99 price point!

Well, they have over 1000 games! The release a new one every day, if you can believe it. I just wish some of the better games would be in the sale again.

I tried Plumeboom when it came out awhile back... It is kind of weird and definitely an acquired taste...

Gamezebo review:

"7 Artifacts. A pattern-making puzzler that'll challenge your mind as much as it will your patience, the game scores with a stunning presentation and range of interesting extras. Unfortunately, it's also not the sort inclined to push the bar, relies mostly on gimmicks to engage the player and boasts less than stellar translation work, making the title a fun, but ultimately fleeting diversion. '"

Pros: Artifact system. Sound and graphics. Frequent combos. User interface.

Cons: Wholly forgettable. Gimmick-driven. Poor translation job. Little to recommend it over competitors.

Rating: 3 out of 5 stars

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/7-artifacts/review

Gamezebo review:

"Purrfect Pet Shop begins with dogs and cats, slowly adding different types of dogs and cats, rodents and snakes. In spite of the impurrfections, Purrfect Pet Shop offers long-lasting, family-friendly gameplay and music that gets you dancing in your seat.'"

Pros: Upbeat music. Good graphics. Customize a special pet. Pet photography feature.

Cons: Gameplay feels slow. Weak game instructions. Boring mini-game. Difficult to maneuver at times.

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/purrfect-pet-shop/review

The sale has been going since late July and was supposed to end in August, but they have extended it. Not sure how much longer they will keep it going.

Burger Shop 2 is probably too new to go in the sale. If they put Restaurant Rush up, I'll be picking up a copy, too! I loved Burger Rush before it.

There is no Gamezebo review of this game. It is basically the first Jewel Match with new holiday-themed graphics and music. There are a couple of new special items in the game as well, like the snowball.

I checked the user reviews on Reflexive and they were all 4's and 5's. People seem to like this version of Jewel Match the best, but it is one you probably will just want to play in December!

And just how much Jewel Match can one person play??? At least we know we won't see any more Jewel Match games in this sale...

Where's something exciting, Big Fish???????

Gamezebo review:

"Dig into Burger Island, the coolest electronic exercise in slinging food to unruly patrons we've spied in several weeks. Despite the frantic pace at which the game unfolds, and the inevitable onset of repetition, it's a surprisingly polished and gratifying experience that's sure to satisfy any craving for spastic, arcade-style fun.'"

Pros: Fun challenging game-play; Production values; Soundtrack; Sense of humor

Cons: Pacing will not please those who like their games relaxing; Challenge level.

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/burger-island/review

Wheeeee...three more weeks of fun.

At least Burger Island is a bit more high profile than some of the stuff lately! But time-management games just ain't my style...

Gamezebo review:

"Supercow is a pleasant diversion for all ages. It sports eye-catching graphics, depth-defying parallax scrolling, cute animations, an atmospheric soundtrack and audio effects, excellent cut-scene voiceovers, and a solid dose of good-natured humor."

Pros: Attractive visuals. Engaging play. Excellent audio. Great humor.

Cons: One difficulty level. No special attack moves. Lacks instructions.

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/supercow/review

Wow, a side-scrolling platformer! Haven't seen one of those in this sale. And it is pretty good, too. Not very difficult, but still fun and well done.

There is no review on Gamezebo for this game since it has been around awhile. But I have had it since it came out. I love this game. It's a match-3 game, but has a slightly different matching mechanism. Your cursor is always holding an item. You click on an item on the board and you exchange it for the one on your cursor.

The reason I love this game is its style. Between levels your get a dancing skeleton cut scene that are funny and constantly changing. The graphics and sound are great, too. This is one of my all-time favorite matching games!

Gamezebo review:

"When compared to its more polished and creative fashion-themed brethren, Vogue Tales comes across as thoroughly average save for its eye-catching art and the fact that the main character hangs out with two living mannequins, an angle that I wish the story had explored more coherently. With its manageable difficulty and stress-free Attic mode, though, the game would be a good choice for younger players. "

Pros: Charming art style.

Cons: Numerous language errors. Incoherent story. Ho-hum gameplay. Gets repetitive.

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/vogue-tales/review

Gamezebo review:

"Pirateville is a worthy addition to the hidden object genre. There's no shortage of seek-'em-ups, and we've seen this kind of gameplay in dozens of offerings, but an undeniable spirit of fun and adventure comes through while you're playing. Plus, even though the mini-games are too simple to provide any semblance of a challenge, Nevosoft did include an impressive variety of tasks. Above all, you'll find that the graphics are detailed enough that you won't have to resort to pixel hunting to find the items you need. And after a long day of searching the high seas for treasure that might not exist, that's a welcome relief."

Pros: Good gameplay variety. Story well integrated into the levels. Low eye-strain factor.

Cons: Clicking through lengthy conversations. Poor English translation. All-too familiar gameplay.

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/pirateville/review

We are getting one Nevosoft game after another right now in this sale. Good thing is, most of their games are really fun, even if their English translations aren't the greatest.

At this rate, we'll probably get the Mysteryvilles, Ten Talismans and Wonderlines in the coming days, all of which are fun games and well worth $2.99.

Nevosoft Hidden Object games clearly aren't as polished as Mystery Case Files etc, but they are faster paced and the stories are silly but well integrated in the game. They have a whole different feel to them that is fun.

I haven't dropped by to say thanks, so, ummmm, thanks. I have enough stuff installed on my system that I didn't want to install the BigFish toolbar/whatever to see what is on sale each day. I've bought a few things after you've posted them.'

Gamezebo review:

"I don't want to sound like I'm getting too down on Can You See What I See? Without overstating the point too much, the scenes in the game really are spectacular with clever and meticulously arranged objects, and colors that pop like in a glossy magazine. A good dose of humor and polished production values bring the whole thing to life convincingly. Children will likely find the game enchanting for these very reasons, but it holds more than enough challenge for adults as well - in fact, it's the perfect game to be played as a team since when it comes to riddles, two heads are often better than one."

Pros: Above average production values. Unique photographed scenes with real objects. Bright colors and lots of neat items. Good voice-acting and sound quality.

Cons: Limited amount of hints. Some confusion with clicking. Some particularly mind-bending riddles. Music cuts in and out.

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/can-you-see-what-i-see/review

This is a really unique game in the hidden object genre. The graphics are really stunning since they are lifted straight from the I Spy books. It was also popular enough to generate a sequel. Definitely worth giving it a look!

Gamezebo review:

"The Golden Path is cut from the standard arcade-style, color-matching mold popularized by smash hits like Zuma and Luxor, it's a welcome entry into the category, if one that may prove just a tad too familiar for discerning keyboard jocks...what you're left with is an audio-visually pleasing game that pays lip service to most standard genre conventions, yet excels in no particular area."

Pros: Simple to play. Bright, vivid coloring. Occasional flashes of inspiration.

Cons: Unpredictable movement. Nondescript presentation. Light on storyline. No major innovations.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5 stars

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/golden-path-plumeboom/review

Sometimes I really don't like Gamezebo's reviews. While The Golden Path Of Plumeboom may not be the best game around, it isn't bad, and it is definitely unique. Just watch the video of the gameplay on Big Fish. They say in their review that is it just a Zuma/Luxor clone and that really isn't fair. The way you shoot a ball up is like Luxor, but the balls you are trying to match are not going down a path at all. They are bunched together in a rotating mass and the balls themselves can bounce around that mass and shift positions. It is pretty unique.

Over at iWin, the average player review of the game is 4.5 out of 5 stars...

bread's done
Back