Big Fish Games $2.99 Game Deals: Murder, She Wrote & Royal Envoy

Otty Ott

CAGiversary!
Today's Big Fish $2.99 Daily Deal game is:

Trial Of The Gods: Ariadne's Fate - a match 3 game.

Click here for Trial Of The Gods: Ariadne's Fate

Now no coupon code needed. To get the $2.99 price, you must either be a Game Club member or do the 1 month Game Club trial which you can cancel after buying the game.

Big Fish has also started a $2.99 Catch of the Week:

Redemption Cemetery: Curse Of The Raven - A hidden object game.

Click here for Redemption Cemetery: Curse Of The Raven

Now no coupon code or Game Club membership needed. Available to everyone.

I will update this post every day for the new game each day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamezebo review:

"In the end, Professor Fizzwizzle and the Molten Mystery is a great diversion. While the story is definitely youth-oriented, gameplay spans all ages. It's easy enough for kids to enjoy while sufficiently challenging for adults. This is one nutty professor that appeals to everyone."

Pros: Family friendly. Good production values. Age-appropriate gameplay. Show Solution feature.

Cons: Some levels MENSA-tough. Low replay value.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Read the full review here:
http://www.gamezebo.com/games/professor-fizzwizzle-and-molten-mystery/review

The Fizzwizzle games are really fun brainteasers, with each level requiring you to manipulate objects and contraptions to let you reach the exit without being zapped by robots. Currently, Molten Mystery has over 2400 user created levels available, with player reviews for the levels to help sort out the good ones from the bad.

I haven't played this sequel yet, but I played the first one and it was a blast. I hope they release Fizzball, too, for $2.99. That is the Professor's extremely wacky take on the whole Arkanoid genre. It is like Arkanoid mixed with Katamari...

[quote name='Otty Ott']The Fizzwizzle games are really fun brainteasers, with each level requiring you to manipulate objects and contraptions to let you reach the exit without being zapped by robots. Currently, Molten Mystery has over 2400 user created levels available, with player reviews for the levels to help sort out the good ones from the bad.

I haven't played this sequel yet, but I played the first one and it was a blast. I hope they release Fizzball, too, for $2.99. That is the Professor's extremely wacky take on the whole Arkanoid genre. It is like Arkanoid mixed with Katamari...[/QUOTE]

Fizzball is great. As for the standard Fizzwizzle games, I, too, have the first one, and don't see myself ever getting all the way through it, though it is fun. I can't imagine I need to get the second one, though I am tempted.

Yeah, the Fizzwizzle games have a pretty long life. I never got more than halfway through the first one. Lots of levels. And the new ones got the downloadable levels, too. Reminds me of the Big Kahuna Reef games. Not in gameplay, but by the sheer amount of levels available. Those games can last forever.

Gamezebo review:

"Atlantis - Sky Patrol is a pretty slick release. Its art deco visuals, industrial design, cool particle and steam effects, cinematic retro-evocative soundtrack and addictive game play combine to create an enjoyable experience. In addition to Quest Mode, it offers a pair of two-player alternatives, Team Quest and Competition. Requiring a second mouse, they offer two-player excitement on a single computer. Team Quest, especially fun, follows the exact storyline as the single-player game. ."

Pros: Gorgeous steampunk-style art deco graphics and retro-cinematic soundtrack. Addictive play. Good two-player co-op implementation.

Cons: Story is sparse. Multiplayer modes need tweaking. Anticlimactic ending.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars Player rating: 4 out of 5 stars

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/atlantis-sky-patrol/review

I've owned this game since it first came out. Of all the Zuma/Luxor clones out there, this is my favorite. I just love the art deco style. Also, I love the fact that it has some RPG trappings, too. When you finish a level, you get coins. You can then take those coins and allocated them to different skills to make yourself stronger.

Gamezebo complains that there isn't much story, but with this type of game, who cares? It's all about the action and the gameplay is great. Over 100 levels, so you won't finish this one too quickly...

Gamezebo does not have a review of this game. Tower Defense isn't really their style of game that they cover.

I've played it and I loved it. The only complaint is that it is very short. However, when you finish the game, you can then play it again at 2 harder difficulty levels. The length of the game makes it hard to recommend when it came out at $20. But at $2.99, there isn't much room to complain. The graphics are great. The gameplay is solid. It is a really fun time while it lasts.

Okay Big Fish... you've given us $2.99 hidden object games, adventure games, a time management game, a Mahjong game, a farming game, a Zuma clone, now a Tower Defense game... when are you going to give us a good match-3 game like Unwell Mel or even a solitaire game like Fairway Solitaire?

So far today (Aug. 5 at 4:30 AM), Master of Defense is still the game on offer. I'm waiting for Fairway Solitaire and 4 Elements. Have purchased two so far, and am pleased with the overall offerings.

I got a coupon for Unwell Mel in my email for 99 cents. UNWELL99
not sure if this works for everyone or just my account

Gamezebo review:

"Fizzball is perfect for casual game fans with a nostalgic soft spot for these classic brick-breaking games or for anyone looking for an addictive digital diversion to waste away a few minutes or few hours. Parents will also like to know their kids will have fun playing this age-appropriate title -- and will also learn about animals in the process."

Pros: Great concept; easy to pick up and play; attractive visuals; fun mini-games; many power-ups; kids mode available; for Windows and Macs

Cons: Fairly easy game-play; gets a bit repetitive

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/fizzball/review

Well, we talked about Fizzball just a couple of days ago and here it is. This is a fun game! Really fun graphics and totally unique twist on an old genre. Who put Katamari in my Breakout!

Thank you, Otty Ott! What a terrific little game. I almost felt guilty only giving them .99 for it - almost, but not quite!...

Thank Hedged for the coupon code. That is one I didn't know about!

Sylvia, you should give Fizzball a shot,too. It is really fun, too.

here's a few more codes from the email i got
MCF99RAVEN -- 99 cent Mystery Case Files Ravenhurst
99MEGAPLEX -- 99 cent Megaplex Madness Now Playing

Thank you, hedged! Picked up Unwell Mel earlier today with the coupon, going to try for Ravenhurst later tonight.

These still work....just downloaded tonight!
MCF99RAVEN -- 99 cent Mystery Case Files Ravenhurst
99MEGAPLEX -- 99 cent Megaplex Madness Now Playing

There is no Gamezebo review of Magic Vines, since it is one of the older games on the Big Fish site. It is still a fun game, however, despite its age.

On Yahoo Games, the average user rating for Magic Vines is 4.5 out of 5 stars based on 1132 ratings.

You can get this game for free, too, by starting your own My Game Space page on Big Fish. By doing this, you can get 2 free games. I would recommend Magic Vines and Faeries, a Chuzzle clone. Here is a link to that offer:

https://my.bigfishgames.com/index.php?afcode=af7f87502da6

Thanks guys.... just got Ravenhearst and Unwell Mel! Already have Magic Vines through the free method Otty mentioned.

Fairies is great! Thanks for the recommendation on the 2 free games, Otty. Been playing it all afternoon.

You are welcome, Pissa. I love Fairies. Great graphics and music. And who doesn't like Chuzzle to begin with? And it's free...

Gamezebo review:

"If 'twitch' games are for you - you know, where fast reflexes and quick hand-eye coordination is key - then Chicken Chase a refreshing take on the "whack a mole" formula. Some gamers, however, may crave a more cognitive, slower-paced puzzle game instead. While the game offers many types of chickens, eggs and upgrades, be aware it only offers one mode. That said, Chicken Chase is a recommended download that is both fun and amusing. "

Pros: Quirky concept; cute graphics and sound; store, upgrades and mini-games add to the value

Cons: Requires fast finger instead of fast thinking; only one game mode

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/chicken-chase/review

As for Chicken Chase....

I played it awhile back and thought it was pretty funny. It is a massive clickfest where you will be clicking as fast as you can at times, matching egg colors to chicken colors etc. It's a great stress reliever game. Good game to get your frustrations out.

I downloaded the trial. Pretty fun. Not going to buy it. I'll wait for something better. You know they still have some biggies they are going to drop in this promo!

I downloaded the trial. Pretty fun. Not going to get it though. I'm holding off for something better! You know they have some biggies they are holding onto to drop later in the promo!

Gamezebo review:

"Stone of Destiny's strong graphics and mysterious atmosphere deliver an enjoyable experience, but one that with its relatively short length and unlimited hints seems in some ways designed for younger players. Hidden Object pros will likely be able to blow through it in a few hours."

Pros: Beautiful graphics. Cool 3D animations.

Cons: Fairly short and easy. Not terribly original.

Rating: 3 out of 5 stars

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/stone-destiny/review

The Stone of Destiny... another one I already have on my iPhone! It's pretty fun! And now the PC one is the same price.

I've never played The Stone Of Destiny, so I can't really comment on how it is as a game. I do know it sold quite well when it was released, thus making an iPhone version etc. But when it came out, it was one of the first hidden object games that wasn't Mystery Case Files.

Gamezebo review:

"On the whole, er, hole, Fairway Solitaire offers a unique golfing theme applied to a very simple solitaire card game. It gets kudos for originality. Golfing fans will have a few chuckles, and even non-golfers will enjoy the new twist on an old classic."

Pros: Interesting golf theme. Easy to play. Good audio. Additional outfits help character.

Cons: Only one type of solitaire game is offered. Limited mini games.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars Player rating 4.5 out of 5

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/fairway-solitaire/review

Fairway Solitaire is awesome. If didn't catch it when it was free or 99 cents in earlier promos, $2.99 is still a great deal on this one.

bread's done
Back