Big Fish Games $2.99 Game Deals: Murder, She Wrote & Royal Envoy

Otty Ott

CAGiversary!
Today's Big Fish $2.99 Daily Deal game is:

Trial Of The Gods: Ariadne's Fate - a match 3 game.

Click here for Trial Of The Gods: Ariadne's Fate

Now no coupon code needed. To get the $2.99 price, you must either be a Game Club member or do the 1 month Game Club trial which you can cancel after buying the game.

Big Fish has also started a $2.99 Catch of the Week:

Redemption Cemetery: Curse Of The Raven - A hidden object game.

Click here for Redemption Cemetery: Curse Of The Raven

Now no coupon code or Game Club membership needed. Available to everyone.

I will update this post every day for the new game each day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamezebo review:

"Hidden object fans will certainly not be disappointed with Forgotten Riddles: The Mayan Princess thanks to its clever riddles and intriguing story, but don't expect more than a weekend of play from this very good game."

Pros: Challenging seek-and-find game. Riddle-solving a nice touch. Fun to unlock story and visuals.

Cons: Riddle repetition hurts replayability. Bonus games very easy. Only one game mode.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

Read the full review here:
http://gamezebo.com/games/forgotten-riddles-mayan-princess/review

This is a good game, folks. Nice graphics, first hidden object game to do the riddle thing.

I am not sure why Big Fish keeps running the sequels first in this sale and then run the originals later. You would think it would be better the other way around, because sequels are usually better...

[quote name='Otty Ott']This is a good game, folks. Nice graphics, first hidden object game to do the riddle thing.

I am not sure why Big Fish keeps running the sequels first in this sale and then run the originals later. You would think it would be better the other way around, because sequels are usually better...[/QUOTE]

I didn't know they had Moonlight Sonatas earlier. Grrr, I missed it.

Gamezebo review:

"Blood Ties is a run of the mill hidden object game that veterans of the genre will be able to finish in a couple of hours. However, people who prefer their hidden object games without mini-games or other diversions might appreciate the fact that Blood Ties offers a "pure" and uninterrupted seek-and-find experience."

Pros: Pure seek-and-find for people who don't like mini-games in hidden object games.

Cons: Names can refer to more than one item. Short length. Generic and dated scenery. Shallow story.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5 stars

http://gamezebo.com/games/blood-ties/review

Gamezebo review:

"Should you try Jewel Match? That depends on how much you enjoy matching games. If you're an addict who's burned through the dozens of similar releases and are itching for more, give it a shot. If you insist on some substance beneath the shine, however, Jewel Match is a miss."

Pros: Nice visuals; smooth gameplay; easy to get into.

Cons: Lacks originality; shallow gameplay; levels become repetitive.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5 stars

http://gamezebo.com/games/jewel-match/review

This is one time I really disagree with the Gamezebo review. Yes, the gameplay is generic without many twists, but so is Bejeweled. Jewel Match is not an exciting game at all. But what it is excellent at is creating a relaxing experience. The graphics and music are both top notch and sometimes you just need something soothing and relaxing to play instead of something stressful. Some people think the game is boring while others absolutely love it. It has spawned 2 sequels so far. Depends on what you are looking for, I guess. You can always do the trial first...

Gamezebo review:

"Even if I account for the sentimental value of having grown up watching Concentration, I have to give the game high marks for the sheer fun of making matches and solving puzzles. It's addictive, too. As I wrote this review, I hopped into the program several times to double check things, and each time, I found myself playing a few matches against the professor. Is there better praise?"

Pros: Easy to get into; plenty of fun puzzles; two-player hot seat mode.

Cons: Moves a little sluggishly in places; spotty computer opponent.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

http://gamezebo.com/games/concentration/review

[quote name='Chikara']I remember that show. God, I'm old....

Might have to give this one a look...[/QUOTE]

the Trebek version isn't that old

Gamezebo review:

"With two adventures (finding parents and going on quests) in one, Magic Farm brings a rare combination of features to the casual game genre. Overlooking the little imperfections comes easy because the game engrosses players and compels them to find out what's next in their quests."

Pros: Variety. Adorable dragon help mate. Fine graphics. Advancing skills.

Cons: Slow start. Some cumbersome tasks. Some long waiting times for things to happen.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars User rating: 4 out of 5 stars

http://gamezebo.com/games/magic-farm/review

One thing to point out, the developer of this game has released many versions of this game, tweaking and improving it each time. The Gamezebo review was based on one of the later versions, but not the version that is in this sale.

The current, on-sale, version has been renamed "Magic Farm: Ultimate Flower" and has been updated numerous times since the review, adding things and addressing problems. This newest version would probably rate even higher.

I think this game is a nice surprise compared to some of the other things released in the sale.

"Time Machine: Evolution" is their new game today. Yesterday, just Game Club members could buy it. Today everyone can. I don't think there is a discount for it. It's $6.99 for everyone today as far as I know.

Gamezebo review:

"For competitive solitaire at its best, Nutzy and his buck-toothed kin make Nertz Solitaire a standout. Whether you want a simple diversion to while away the minutes or have hopes at becoming a Nertz Champion, this game's frantic fun is bound to drive you nuts!."

Pros: Attractive graphics and audio, challenging and engaging play, great family entertainment.

Cons: Repeated crashes in Championship Mode, no online components.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

http://gamezebo.com/games/nertz-solitaire/review

Sorry the update was so late today. My internet service is down today. Finally got online at a Barnes & Noble...

Nertz is fun and something different. Competitive action solitaire! I never had any crash problems. Maybe they have updated it since the Gamezebo review since the game has been out awhile. I don't know...

[quote name='Otty Ott']Sorry the update was so late today. My internet service is down today. Finally got online at a Barnes & Noble...

Nertz is fun and something different. Competitive action solitaire! I never had any crash problems. Maybe they have updated it since the Gamezebo review since the game has been out awhile. I don't know...[/QUOTE]

I had a crash starting my second game in the trial period, sadly. It looked fun, though.

There is nothing at all on Gamezebo about this game, so I checked out Reflexive's user reviews. Not good. They ranged from 1 star to 3 stars. People said the dictionary it uses is very small, so lots of good words won't be accepted. There are no more than 20 levels and one player said they finished the whole game in 30 minutes. Others just said it was really easy and really boring...

I would say try before you buy, even at this price...

This sale has sucked the past week! I hope they end it with a bang the last few days...

At least there are still the free and 99 cent games posted earlier in this thread for any newcomers.... I love Unwell Mel! hehe

Gamezebo review:

"The game's ending seems a bit abrupt and anticlimactic. Not to sell Laura Jones and the Gates of Good and Evil too short, however. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of the game, and fans of Azada and similar titles probably will as well – I just wish that there was more of it."

Pros: Fun situations and dialogue. Attractive graphics. Can replace mini-games with alternate challenges. Mini-games replayable from main menu once unlocked.

Cons: Puzzles are relatively easy. Short gameplay length. Abrupt ending.

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/laura-jones-and-gates-good-and-evil/review

Finally a good game! Now that the sale is almost over....

This one is really fun while it lasts. It is short but still a great ride.

Gamezebo review:

"If you've already played a couple of match-threes and are generally neutral about the genre, you're unlikely to be blown away by anything you see in Jewel Match 2. Because of this, is probably best suited for hard-core fans who can't get enough of match-three, or those who've never played a tile matching game before and want one to start with a typical one."

Pros: Interesting spell power-ups. Relaxing and easy to play. Good game length.

Cons: No story. So-so presentation. Fairly typical match-three game without many new twists.

Rating: 3 out of 5 stars

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/jewel-match-2/review

Boy, this seems like deja vu.... Actually, Jewel Match 2 is a bit different than the first one. More powerups, a few twists, castle-building on the side. Some people don't like the graphics in this version compared to the first.... still, if you didn't like the first one, you probably won't like this one and vice versa...

One thing to note.... Big Fish used to say this $2.99 sale ended at the end of August. Now their materials are saying "for a limited time", so there is a chance it may continue for awhile after Monday...

Once again, a game so obscure that Gamezebo doesn't even know about it.

On Reflexive's site, the customer reviews were pretty positive! One review wrote:

"This Zuma-style pearl buster is sure to surprise the more persistent casual gamers by delivering an experience that strives to be different and succeeds with simple and elegant gameplay."

All 7 customer reviews gave gameplay a perfect 5 out of 5 stars.

I haven't played it, but I might have to give it a try...

Code ended up being PEARLS299.

These Suricate Games (Jewel Match 1&2 and this) have nice, fitting music. I wouldn't have bought them if I hadn't figured how to extract the music from the .exes. (I think I have enough Match3s, etc.)

Thanks Otty

Gamezebo doesn't cover this game. I'm not surprised. It seems this sale has moved from in-house games made by Big Fish to obscure 3rd party games. But the sale may keep running past today as a result.

I did find one review online for Buku Dominoes and it came to this conclusion:

"For overall game play, style and the fact that’s it’s a time honored game, I give it 8 out of 10. I strongly advise all game lovers to download this version."

They didn't really like the music in the game, but it lets you use your own MP3s instead.

Here is a link to Big Fish's online version of the game. It doesn't have all the game modes, but will give you a taste of it if Dominoes are your thing:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/online-games/3781/buku-dominoes-game/index.html?afcode=af7f87502da6

It seems like a good version of Dominoes! But it is still just Dominoes...

Gamezebo review:

"Call it a great two-for-one deal: All-new brainteaser Puzzle City combines the best that construction sims and head-scratching mindbenders have to offer into a single, spectacular outing - and in a way that's completely original and innovative to boot."

Pro: Great concept. Staggering production values. Skillfully blends multiple genres. Range of bonuses and in-game options.

Cons: Sometimes maddening action. Can get repetitious. Random nature of play.

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/puzzle-city/review

Well, since today is September 1st, it has become obvious this daily sale is going to continue. For how long, who knows. But Big Fish is pushing this toolbar deal on their Facebook page today, so I have a feeling it is going to run for awhile. They have obviously been successful getting 3rd party developers to agree to run older games in the sale, as we have seen the past week. Let's hope we see more things like Mystery Case Files and less things like Buku Dominoes etc.

Today's game, Puzzle City, though, is pretty interesting. You can play the free online version first if you to try it without downloading the full version trial:

Puzzle City Online Version
http://www.bigfishgames.com/online-games/2212/puzzle-city/index.html?afcode=af7f87502da6

[quote name='Otty Ott']Well, since today is September 1st, it has become obvious this daily sale is going to continue. For how long, who knows. But Big Fish is pushing this toolbar deal on their Facebook page today, so I have a feeling it is going to run for awhile. They have obviously been successful getting 3rd party developers to agree to run older games in the sale, as we have seen the past week. Let's hope we see more things like Mystery Case Files and less things like Buku Dominoes etc.

Today's game, Puzzle City, though, is pretty interesting. You can play the free online version first if you to try it without downloading the full version trial:

Puzzle City Online Version
http://www.bigfishgames.com/online-games/2212/puzzle-city/index.html?afcode=af7f87502da6[/QUOTE]

I got an e-mail last night saying it had been extended "due to popular demand," but no mention of for how long.

bread's done
Back