Big Fish Games $2.99 Game Deals: Murder, She Wrote & Royal Envoy

Otty Ott

CAGiversary!
Today's Big Fish $2.99 Daily Deal game is:

Trial Of The Gods: Ariadne's Fate - a match 3 game.

Click here for Trial Of The Gods: Ariadne's Fate

Now no coupon code needed. To get the $2.99 price, you must either be a Game Club member or do the 1 month Game Club trial which you can cancel after buying the game.

Big Fish has also started a $2.99 Catch of the Week:

Redemption Cemetery: Curse Of The Raven - A hidden object game.

Click here for Redemption Cemetery: Curse Of The Raven

Now no coupon code or Game Club membership needed. Available to everyone.

I will update this post every day for the new game each day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fairway Solitaire is an awesome card game. Both my wife and I picked it up when it was at full price and it was well worth the cost.

The guy who made the game, John Cutter, has been making games for the last 20 years or so. My favorite of his was TV Sports Football from back in the day.

Anyway... great game.

Gamezebo review:

"Between amazing hands-on performance, first-rate audiovisuals and staggering depth, Fairies helps set the standard for what we've come to expect from classic casual games. While it won't connect with everyone - if you're no fan of high fantasy, it would be wise to seek other accommodations - few can fault the title's charm or delivery.

Those who haven't played already are encouraged to do so now. Longtime enthusiasts, consider revisiting with it. A game even Tinkerbell herself would adore, well... Frankly, there's no denying this one's almost mystical appeal."

Pros: Compelling play; Use of sound and color; Speech samples; Variety of game modes

Cons: Challenging; Theme may be a turn-off for some (if you are not a fan of fantasy); Not innovative

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Read the full review here:
http://www.gamezebo.com/games/fairies/review

Hmmm....crappy deal as far as the $2.99 deal I guess, since you can also get it free. But the game itself is really fun! One of my faves for a long time now.

Gamezebo review:

"By all means, give Hidden Expedition: Titanic a try if you're looking for a gorgeous, easy accessible experience or if you need something to hold you over until the next Mystery Case Files game comes out."

Pros: Accessible to gamers of all skill levels; High production values; Replay value high because game is never the same twice.

Cons:A relatively short experience; Some items are hidden to the point that you literally can't see them.

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/hidden-expedition-titanic/review

Gamezebo review:

"Any fan of East Side Story and the other mysteries will surely enjoy Remedy. Although it's a bit more "rough around the edges" as it is the earliest game in the series, the in-depth storyline and mystery will grab any Carol Reed fan!"

Pros: Engaging story. Challenging mystery and puzzles.

Cons: Lack of in-game help or hints. Graphics rough around the edges. Goals not always obvious.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

http://gamezebo.com/games/remedy/review

The other Carol Reed mysteries were pretty good. Not familiar with this first one, but I'll give it a shot! Why not?

Gamezebo review:

"The story is superficial and not terribly compelling and, as mentioned before, doesn't incorporate either of the film's big stars. Not too difficult or hard on the eyes, Righteous Kill might provide a few solid hours of entertainment for players who aren't too familiar with hidden object games, but genre veterans will likely grow impatient with the game's lack of depth."

Pros: Voice-overs. Mini-games. Ample hints.

Cons: Items repeat too much. Short and easy. So-so story. Bland locations. No personality or flair.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5 stars

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/righteous-kill/review

Well, we got a very popular hidden object game today, Righteous Kill, based off the Robert De Niro/Al Pacino movie. To be honest, it isn't the best game of this type around, but it was good enough to spawn a sequel. For $2.99, you can't complain too much! Thank God these games aren't $20 any more.

Otty, have you heard if they are going to do any more of the Mystery Case Files games? I'd rather wait for that, or the Buckingham Palace game...

[quote name='SaucyWenchette']Otty, have you heard if they are going to do any more of the Mystery Case Files games? I'd rather wait for that, or the Buckingham Palace game...[/QUOTE]

There are supposed to be new games in the Mystery Case Files, Hidden Expedition, and Azada series out within the next five months.

Gamezebo review:

"While I drew some analogies between Azada and Myst, be aware this isn't really an adventure game, per se - it's more of a collection of puzzle games tied together by a story. Most adventure games let the player roam around an environment talk with characters, store items in their inventory and solve puzzles to advance through the game.

Azada is one of those games you need to discover for yourself, instead of a Gamezebo writer spoiling it all for you. If you've a fan of puzzle games or want a casual game with a story, you'll no doubt have fun with this clever and refreshingly unique mystery."

Pros: Challenging and unique puzzle game. Attractive graphics. Entertaining story. Can play completed puzzles if you like.

Cons: Some players might not like a mishmash of puzzle types.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

http://gamezebo.com/games/azada/review

[quote name='hedged']I got a coupon for Unwell Mel in my email for 99 cents. UNWELL99
not sure if this works for everyone or just my account[/QUOTE]

:DCheers just picked up this game for 99c excellent and fun to play, cheers.

Azada is definately worth more than 2.99, so snatch this if you can. Its a great collection of fun and nicely-produced puzzles.

Thanks for updates, OP.

[quote name='cheapo72']azada is definately worth more than 2.99, so snatch this if you can. Its a great collection of fun and nicely-produced puzzles.

Thanks for updates, op.[/quote]

+1

Thanks, this sale has been fun to follow. Every day I wonder what the game will be that day.

Azada is very good and fun. The sequel was offered in this sale earlier, so if you picked that up, you should consider getting the original, too. It's a classic! And like another poster mentioned, the third one should be out by Christmas.

Unwell Mel is fantastic, too. I picked it up using that 99 cent coupon, too, and I am addicted to it! Standard match-3, but it is done so well and is funny to boot.

Gamezebo review:

"Hidden object fans will swoon over the romantic hidden object adventure Spirit of Wandering: The Legend. It's the tale of a female pirate captain who loses her crew - including her lover, Jack - during an attack by the infamous ghost ship the Flying Dutchman. The crew aren't dead, but merely imprisoned in the spirit world, which means the captain must use her compass and Jack's magic orb to get them back...

Once story mode is completed, players can go back and play scenes individually in Advanced mode. As for the story itself, it offers a satisfying conclusion while dangling the carrot of multiple sequels to continue the adventure. We'll be waiting!"

Pros: Great graphics and music. Interesting story and characters. Riddle-like item descriptions. Fun gold-finding mini-game.

Cons: Item descriptions can refer to more than one item. Game is stingy with hints.

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/spirit-wandering-legend/review

I really liked Spirit of Wandering when I played it awhile back. One of my favorite games of this type. Who doesn't love pirates! And ghost pirates to boot! Arghhhhhh!

Gamezebo review:

"I have to give Jewel Craft props for being original. It's getting harder and harder to come up with new ideas, but GameOver Games pulled it off. If you're into fast-paced match-three games or offerings that allow for a clear line of logic, you might not go for Jewel Craft, as it requires patience and encourages experimentation. Plus, creating dozens of miniature gems every level gets tedious. Still, there's satisfaction in winning a level by being judicious with your matches and smart with your power-ups."

Pros: Original idea. Nice jewelry graphics.

Cons: Awkward controls. Difficult to strategize. Can get tedious

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/jewel-craft/review

Gamezebo did not review this game. I am unfamiliar with it as well. That makes 2 days in a row with unusual releases in this program. At least Jewel Craft was decent. This game apparently is not.

From Casualicious.com:

"In conclusion, if you enjoy wasting several hours of your life while doing some pointless thing, then it may be best for you also to try the My Exotic Farm game out. But for most of us that play games for the reason of enjoyment, we would rather pass up the opportunity for something much better. There’s always tomorrow’s game anyway, right?"

Bummer...

I really like Unwell Mel. It is a very well done Match 3 game with a funny premise. Reminds me of the old Operation board game to some degree, as far as the setting.

As far as Big Fish on Twitter, they haven't had any deals in over a week. They have been pushing Faunasphere, their new MMO, and getting people to sign up for their research panels.

Gamezebo review:

"Charma is a very charming and adorable game with amazing graphics - the levels are beautifully drawn and the cute Charmies look soft and furry. I still stand by my score of 3.5 out of 5 as it's a good but not great game. If the game-play depth and breadth matched its high cuteness factor and amazing graphics, then perhaps it would be deserving of a higher nod from us here at Gamezebo."

Pros: Accessible. Attractive graphics and many different environments. Did we mention cute? Can win trophies

Cons: Some technical issues including crashes and freezes. Not an original concept. Only one game mode.

http://gamezebo.com/games/charma-land-enchantment/review

Gamezebo talked about technical glitches when they reviewed the game. I checked Reflexive's customer reviews of the game and they were all generally positive with no mention of any technical problems. I haven't played Charma myself, so I have no experience with it. It might be a good idea to try the trial version before buying this one.

The game itself looks like Chuzzles on a Zuma track. Instead of shooting at them to make matches, you change the Charmas positions, a la Bejeweled, to make matches instead, as the groups of them continue down the looping tracks. So it is a bit different than other games out there...

Come on Big Fish! Give us some good games!

Thanks, Otty, for giving us those other codes again. I sent the Ravenhearst code to some friends at least...

Gamezebo review:

"Due to its pronounced simplicity, Abra Academy is suitable to play for younger children as well as adults. It's not without charm and is fun to play. Just don't expect its magic to last much longer than four or five hours at best."

Pros: Near-zero learning curve, hint system, attractive graphics and great music.

Cons:No unique twists, simplistic play, rather short, minimal challenge, one game mode and weak story elements.

Rating: 3 out of 5 stars

http://gamezebo.com/games/abra-academy/review

There is not a review at Gamezebo for this game since it is older than that site. But it is very similar to the sequel which was rated highly.

On Gamespot, Professor Fizzwizzle has a average critic score of 8.9 and an average user score of 8.7.

The game has well over 200 levels in many different difficulty levels, plus a level editor. There are also tons of user created levels to download if you ever run out of puzzles to solve.

I have this game and love it. If you have kids, it is great, since there is a set of kids levels. The game is a series of logic puzzles that are good twist any brain!

ANOTHER Fizzwizzle game? Well, I guess we will be seeing The Amazing Brain Train, his 4th game at some point before this sale is over, too.

bread's done
Back