Big Kahuna Reef $0.00 at Amazon

Just got my credit and email about 1 hour after download. I'm not complaining since I didn't pay a thing. :p

Got Viva La Vida - Prospekts March Ed. by Coldplay for $3. Still have $2 left in credit. :)

Thanks OP! Ordered the game with both my amazon accounts and so far I've recieced the $5 credit for one. Hopefully I'll be able to get the $5 credit on both accounts.

[quote name='token2k6']ahh, the expanded version..i saw this as a 2 disc set where i get my mp3's from..how is the acoustic versions of the tracks?[/QUOTE]

im not gonna have a chance to listen until tomorrow. the acoustic stuff theyve done in the past has been pretty solid so im sure this will be no different.

[quote name='pinoy530']Anybody know how to check how much credit you have? I made other purchases, but I have no idea how much i have left.[/QUOTE]

look at an album on the site and underneath the purchase button there's a link that says "redeem promo code or check balance" - something along those lines. click that.

---

as an aside, i just noticed AMZN hooked me up with ANOTHER $5 that i wasn't even expecting.. but i realize now what happened..

when i purchased TMNT, i never got the seperate email for the promotion, and assumed that i never got the credit.. i emailed them and they responded back quickly apologizing and saying they granted me the credit. apparantly they did, AND i got it from the purchase as well later on(but never knew).

tonight when i "bought" this game, i thought i got another $5 instantly, but really i had just received it twice for TMNT. now it's been a few hours, and I received the $5 for THIS game, so $15 altogether.. though I wish i knew it would work out like this so i could have gotten my album for $0 instead of $5... ah well! off to find something else.

[quote name='bobthecat23']thnx op. do i need to install it to get the 5 dollar code?[/QUOTE]

I received the $5 promotional e-mail around an hour after purchase and I haven't installed anything yet.

Thanks OP~! :applause:

Thanks, OP.
I needed a song only Amazon MP3 offered and wasn't really up for actually paying for it. And here's the perfect remedy.

Tried the installer a few times and it kept erroring right before getting to 100%. I am on XP x64, some programs don't work so I'd guess that is the case.

It is free so no harm in trying, just thought I would pass that on.

So do I have to install that stupid Amazon crap to get it working? I'd rather not. If so, I'm still more than happy with $5 free in music.

Anyone else have this game crash their PC? I'm using a 32-bit Vista Home Premium, relatively new install, and about 40 seconds after I load this game, Windows crashes

no single application should be able to "crash windows", so unless you just mean the program is crashing, you probably have bad RAM or some other hardware issue.

Strange thing is that I have been running this install 24/7 for about a month, then it has crashed 3 times after installing that Amazon downloader and the game. No other changes. I'll keep an eye on it - thanks

[quote name='adamantypants']So do I have to install that stupid Amazon crap to get it working? I'd rather not. If so, I'm still more than happy with $5 free in music.[/QUOTE]
No. Someone earlier said just click the 'download later' link after you process your order. Then you have to wait for the promotional email. Mine took almost 3 hours to come. I'm not installing this junk on my computer either.

Can't believe Amazon has let this go on this long. It's been on FW for hours and surely they've got to see how many people are doing this just to get the free $5 in MP3 credit. Not that I'm complaining...but that's gotta hurt as a business.

Nice deal, thanks. Already got my $5 worth of songs downloaded.

Game is so-so, almost worth $0.00 :)

[quote name='super_dawn']hmmm...I was never emailed the code for the $5 music.....was I supposed to do something special when checking out?[/QUOTE]

Hm. Me too. It's been 16 hours so I guess I'm not getting it. The rules said to use 1-Click, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't an option. Oh well.

bread's done
Back