Biggest CAG Shopping News 2009

I remember when the whole ECA thing first started showing up around CAG and how everyone loved the 10% off at Amazon, and then I remember the thread that exploded to ridiculous proportions in two days time. ECA for sure for me.

Most will say ECA and the PS3's remodel and price drop...

but to me it was CC leaving, not only did I lose my job but I have to go all the way to BB to get stuff now T.T

ECA business. The discount would have been extremely helpful but some people don't know how to check their greed. At least they accepted my Google mail as actual post and canceled my account.

ECA - I have never seen such a bait and switch en mass before. And yes, it was abusers of the codes that actually caused the downfall, but just unsubscribing from ECA has been such a hassle, I'm still wondering if it was ever worth signing up for, because I'm still unsure as to whether or not my membership will be auto-renewed.

[quote name='Maklershed']The creation and downfall of ECA (in a period of six months :lol:)[/QUOTE]

This. It was a cluster fuck but one that saved me money on preorders.

I was never a huge fan of Circuit City, but the loss of a major electronics/gaming retail store is a loss of competition for the market in general. I'm sorry they're gone.

I always hated shopping there, but I have to admit that CC's loss was definitely felt this year. It's loss will continue to affect competition this year. Hopefully Amazon & Walmart can continue their little war of "my cock is bigger than yours" to get more awesome deals into Walmart's B&M stores.

I was gonna vote Amazon price match, until I remembered how much stuff I got when CC closed. Now I Can't decide. Hmmmm......

Game Crazy's closing all over Arizona snagged me some MAJOR deals! Got some great deals on older games I missed buying the first time around!

I got a 360 elite for $269 from Circuit City closing, along with a dozen or so 60% off XBL/PSN point cards

The amazon ECA codes HAVE to be the big thing from last year. That huge controversy pissed off so many people, it'd be stupid not to vote for it.

bread's done
Back