Biggest CAG Shopping News 2009

Everyone knew a pricedrop on the PS3 and 360 was going to happen so I disqualify it due to it's predictability.

CC closing would have been good if they had any good sales, which they didn't.

The ECA/Amazon controversy didn't affect me so I can't vote for it.

Amazon pricematching has been phenominal so my vote goes to them. Seriously, Black Friday alone was awesome since I didn't have to leave the house for a single deal. Amazon pricematched them all! (Well except for the free copy of Lego RB which Old Navy was sold out of anyways according to my sisters who actually did some retail shopping).

How can the Circuit City closing not be the biggest news? It affected so many parts of our daily CAG lives - from weakening sales prices at its competitors to removing a reliable source of clearance games to Best Buy removing its 110% price match guarantee (and making it only 100%). Plus, let's not forget the many many CAGs who lost their main source of employment.

The death of Circuit City was the death of real competition in the electronics retail space, which is bad for people like us who are looking for the lowest prices.

Yeah, the ECA fisaco sucked. But at this point, it doesn't even affect my buying patterns. Circuit City's demise still does.

bread's done
Back