Biggest CAG Shopping News 2010

Kmart for me. I don't think I ever went to Kmart for gaming deals prior to this year. I actually am disappointed that I moved and no longer am near one.

Gamecrazy/Hollywood for me. Right before they went under they were having frequent random deals and price drops that were posted by Scorch, reminded me of the good old Circuit City and Best Buy clearances (although not as cheap) where the average employee had no idea about the sale. I remember I drove to a Hollywood video one week, and then two weeks later when I went back it was gone. I started going to another one instead, and a few weeks later it was gone too.

The XBOX live fee increase is a close second because of how angry it made me, but the actual impact to my wallet was minimal.

I'd go with the XBL price increase but the EA online pass will get you screwed in the long run if you plan to purchase used/rent multiple EA games a year

Xbox Live increase. Yeah sure it's less than a dollar more a month but when will it end? Increase next year too???

The Xbox Live thing isnt really a big deal because you can still get 12 month codes for 40 bucks if you look good enough. There's always gonna be deals on Xbox Live gold anyways.

BUT the EA SPORTS 10 dollar online pass bullshit REALLY is fucked up, and complete bullshit... not just EA Sports either.. but EA itself with Mass Effect 2... THQ doing it with Smackdown VS RAW 2011. That shit SHOULD be illegal for the Xbox 360, because what the fuck!? YOU HAVE TO PAY TWICE TO PLAY ONLINE? A ONE TIME FEE AND THEN A SUBSCRIPTION? fuck THAT!

As much as the Live price hike was bullshit (Increase the price and take away 1 vs 100? fuck you), the Project 10 dollar thing is the most significant news of the choices here. Much like the horse armor DLC did, this is going to change/has changed the industry, and not for the better. It won't be long before everyone is doing something similar.

It has to be Kmart and their awesome deals ever since SHC Gamer joined CAG! I've been to Kmart more times since that occurred than ever before in my life.

Hollywood Video Going bust for me.I used to pick up some cheap games from them and now the next place to rent games is 30 mins away :(.

People expected the kinect pricing. XBL increase wasn't surprising given MS' history either. KMart coming out of nowhere and rivaling/beating Amazon, Best Buy Gamestop and TRU on game deals, that was huge.

The demise of GC/HWV because it permanently removed a great local B&M source for CAGs that has yet to be replaced.

With most BBVs closing as well, it starting to look like Mega City 1,2, and 3 (GS, K-Mart, Amazon) with nothing but a lawless wasteland in between. Although small oases exist here and there (Go Hastings, Newegg, etc.).

The K-Mart news was the only one that affected me so I picked that one. I don't have an 360 and I've never played online

bread's done
Back