Biggest CAG Shopping News

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Xbox 360 launch madness was the biggest gaming news last year IMHO. M$ really screwed up with the limited hardware availability stateside (and limited gaming software in Japan). It was an all-around sad situation for interested gamers. :cry:

[quote name='Scobie']Here's my nomination:

The anticipated increase in new game prices that the Xbox 360 has started, and the rise of the used game market.

We may be looking at another game industry collapse if new game sales tumble in the face of increased used game sales. What would be the incentive for developers to make games if only a fraction of gamers buy them at full price and the rest just recirculate them used? It's got me a little worried.[/QUOTE]

I voted for that too, and no it doesn't have me worried in the least. If that happened, GOOD. More reason for the industry to get right on their prices.

I almost went for 2 XBox SKUs, but the nutjobs who paid more than twice retail value for an unproven system, as well as Microsoft being idiotically shortsighted and underprepared for the launch take the prize for me.

I thought the Biggest CAG Shopping News was the Two X360 SKU's, which alot of game forum guys thought $299 with hard drive, and it came out at $399. :cry:

But then if that weren't "sh!tty" enough, the story became the whole "Xbox 360 Launch Madness (eBay profiteering, unfufilled pre-orders, etc)", with the shortages, folks not getting systems, alot still having received their paid for pre-order up to this date and time, the pushing of bundles on consumers, the waiting in line for nothing, fighting for console, people breaking into stores and stealing them, and etc.

And.......... when you thought you had heard it all we got these dumb @sses on Ebay buying X360's for around $750-800, at double retail, and sometimes for way more in some reported cases. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

The rush of people made me realize that no system is worth having to kill someone. I've never seen so many mad people, with no remorse to other people. I'll wait when there are enough system in the store that I don't have to rush.:)

Hmm, the way the category is named as "Biggest CAG Shopping News" would seem to eliminate some of the nominees in regards to cheapness. Being cheap, I am not even touching the Xbox 360 for a while. The reprints of rare titles from GQD doesn't affect me as much since I already had most of those games, but overall I think it's good since the actual companies themselves are printing them at GQD's request, and GQD is not actually pressing them themselves.

So I'd have to say the EB/GameStop Merger will have the most long term effect on how I shop. I liked eb games much more than GameStop, and the two merging makes me fear that all the good eb deals of the past may be going away. Less competition is almost never a good thing either.

The EB Games/Gamestop merger probably effects me the most, personally, given that I have little interest in the 360. Granted, if the $60 games cause an industry crash, well...yeah. But, I'm not counting on that, so, EB/Gamestop merger.

Have to go with the EB/Gamestop merger. I have notice a severe decrease in the deals we used to see from EB every few months, $5 Rygar and Primal for example. The lack of competition will hurt us in the long run.

The two SKUs for the Xbox 360 confused customers and hinders development. Before we had the luxury of a hard drive being in every Xbox 1 and it was useful for games that would cache on the drive to speed up loading times.

Now developers have to program for the lowest common demoninator and not utilize the hard drive. Also, why are they charging $100 for a 20 GB drive when you can get a 200 GB drive on the PC for the same price? Stupid.

I have to say the 360 launch. Because of this site I checked at Target for a 360 and was able to get one. This site has helped me so many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back