BING Cashback for Ebay - Currently 8% [Now 40 Uses]

qwerty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Thought this was worthy of a new thread. Its back! And with a vengeance. As of this writing its at [see title]. Link

And for those that dont know, the amount of uses for this promotion seems to be doubling at a steady rate, now at 40 uses per account, and the maximum amount you can get back PER A SINGLE TRANSACTION was reduced from $250 to $200. The total culmulative cashback allowance is capped at $2,500.00 per calendar year.

How this works:

If you dont already know about this, its a very simple promotion offered by Microsoft in order to promote usage of their search engine live.com. All you have to do is go to www.live.com and search for something common, like "Wii" as in nintendo wii. In the Sponsored sites at the top you will see a link to Wii's on ebay with a small logo next to it that says Live Search Cash Back and below that "You may get xx% off paypal eligible". When you click on the cash back logo it takes you to ebay and BIN (Buy It Now) auctions for Wiis. From there you simply use the ebay search function to find the BIN auction for the item you desire and purchase it. When you click the BIN button prior to clicking on Commit to buy you should see a message below with the Cash Back you are eligible to recieve. Once you buy the auction pay for it with paypal and give it an hour. Eventually you'll get a message in your ebay account saying "You've earned cashback" simply click on it and follow the instructions. If you dont have one you'll be asked to create a live account. I believe most people will already have an existing live acct due to their Xbox, MSN, or Hotmail associations so feel free to use that if you like. This is quick, and thus far i havent gotten any spam due to it, nor have i read of anyone getting any spam. And thats it, 60 + 15 days later [they allow a buffer period incase you return what you bought] you can redeem the money.

So to summarize

1. use live.com search engine to find any product on ebay. Any keyword is as good as another, hence i used "wii" as an example.

2. Once activating the link use ebay.com to browse for the Buy It Now auction you desire and purchase and pay with paypal. Wait until you get a message from ebay and get your cash back with your live account. This can take a few hours.

3. ~75 days later its in your pocket. [60 days before you can redeem and then an additional 2 weeks before it actually transfers into your paypal account]

Again this is just a promotion by MS to promote use of their search engine, theres no catch. You dont have to promise your first born nor random legs or limbs. Its as simple as it sounds.

Some things to note

-This promotion is limited to only US residents.

-You must pay with paypal and it must be a BIN auction.

-It takes about 75 days to recieve the actual money which will be in the form of a FEE FREE deposit into your paypal account. From there you can spend it or transfer it into your checking or simply request a check.

-If you return the item you purchased and used the promotion on you LOSE the refund.

-This is only valid for Ebay user/store auctions on Ebay.com. No live auction or ebay motors etc.. Though i think you can get away with buying international auctions you're watching on ebay.com. I also noticed that this works if you're offered a "Second chance" on an item you bid on since it turns the auction into a BIN.

-You may only use this a maximum of 40 times per ebay account per person. A few people are reporting success using different ebay accounts with the same cashback account in order to achieve more than 20 uses. YMMV.

-Maximum of $200 back PER AUCTION [$2,500 Cap per account] and the percent savings does vary and can change without notice.

Rest of the terms are here:
http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html

I recommend at least skimming them. Enjoy.

Couple additions

"Instant" Cashback is now available. However, to quote "Instant cashback will be eligible for some, but not all users." Its unknown what the criteria is to be "eligible". I would not suggest you make a purchase unless you dont mind waiting.

Ebay/Paypal Coupons WILL stack with this. The amount is deducted off the full auction value. IE 10% Coupon applied to $100 purchase will save you $10. If the Cashback percent is 25% you will still get $25 additional back for a total savings of $35. Usually the Ebay/Paypal coupons have a maximum savings of $100 for a maximum total of $300 saved on any single purchase. This also stacks with other promotions run by Bigcrumb/ebates where you can earn some more money back based on an items selling fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now there's TWELVE transactions? I think I'll just start picking up games now. I can't think of ten more big ticket electronic items I would want.
I keep waiting for a reasonable Panzer Dragoon Saga to show up, but alas it does not.

[quote name='menikmati']It implies the purchases of automobiles themselves, i.e. buying a car.

My first cashback purchase was a set of Tein Basic coilovers and I got the cashback from them.[/QUOTE]

Thanks have been contemplating some rims for thw wifes car.

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']Anyone bought any games from these Hong Kong sellers? Are they legit?

Saints Row 2 is crazy cheap from these guys.[/QUOTE]

Hong Kong sellers and legit do not belong in the same sentence.

Where are the paypal or ebay coupons at? Stacking would be wonderful... did they come to individuals in an email or what?

I have already bought saints row on ebay with the 30 percent off. I was wondering if I can then go and buy more games and get the 30 off or do I need to wait until this discount goes away and comes back in a month?

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']Anyone bought any games from these Hong Kong sellers? Are they legit?

Saints Row 2 is crazy cheap from these guys.[/quote]Double check the shipping price...

Saints Row 2 is crazy cheap from these guys.[/quote]

In my experience, longtime eBay sellers from Hong Kong are pretty trustworthy, but the reason their games are cheaper is cause they're selling Asian versions (NTSC-J for X360, Region 3 for PS3).

These games often come with both English and Mandarin instructions and wordings on the cover, but the game is generally the same (i.e. in English) as the US release.

There are exceptions (there was a Chinese dubbed version of Halo 3), but generally as long as you don't mind the packaging, the game is the same, provided you can play it on your system of course (more an issue for X360 owners).

Wow sickle, lets not try the CAG PM feature for that....

How long does it take for the credit to show up in your cash back account? I purchased a Dyson vacuum and it said I saved $105, but it has yet to appear in the cash back account.

[quote name='Davestation']Wow sickle, lets not try the CAG PM feature for that....

How long does it take for the credit to show up in your cash back account? I purchased a Dyson vacuum and it said I saved $105, but it has yet to appear in the cash back account.[/quote]

Took me two days for my first purchases to show up...just keep waiting if it hasn't been that long. They'll show up.

[quote name='kazunori']In my experience, longtime eBay sellers from Hong Kong are pretty trustworthy, but the reason their games are cheaper is cause they're selling Asian versions (NTSC-J for X360, Region 3 for PS3).

These games often come with both English and Mandarin instructions and wordings on the cover, but the game is generally the same (i.e. in English) as the US release.

There are exceptions (there was a Chinese dubbed version of Halo 3), but generally as long as you don't mind the packaging, the game is the same, provided you can play it on your system of course (more an issue for X360 owners).[/QUOTE]

Legit, but a hassle to sell later on, so I stopped buying these versions awhile back.

Here's a question, when does this deal end? A few games I want that I could get cheaper than the B2G1 TRU sale. But, a few of them are also preorders and I haven't had good luck with ebay game preorders in the past.

[quote name='StarDuster']Here's a question, when does this deal end? A few games I want that I could get cheaper than the B2G1 TRU sale. But, a few of them are also preorders and I haven't had good luck with ebay game preorders in the past.[/quote]

Nobody knows, it'll probably drop down to 20% or even lower.

[quote name='Snake2715']Hong Kong sellers and legit do not belong in the same sentence.

Where are the paypal or ebay coupons at? Stacking would be wonderful... did they come to individuals in an email or what?[/quote]

they're account specific. you'd get an email as well as a message in ebay notifying you if you had one.

I was about to buy Yakuza on Ebay last night, but decided to make a bid to take my chances. Came back tonight and saw I lost it, then just remembered about the 30% cashback. Good thing this thread is still around. The seller had a few more with Buy it Now, so I got $5 back. Great deal, thanks!

Thats crazy, good post.
1x1.gif

Whoo, just ordered a copy of Dead Space for a total of $33.90 after cash back with free shipping:

$56.50 - 10% for current ebay coupon CFALLSAVINGS10P = 50.85.
And I'll still get the full 30% ($16.95) as cashback! Awesome awesome!

Thanks for the info. My wife needed a palm pilot for nursing school. This and that paypalcoupon came just in time. Saved about $120 all together. Thanks!

[quote name='Callandor']Whoo, just ordered a copy of Dead Space for a total of $33.90 after cash back with free shipping:

$56.50 - 10% for current ebay coupon CFALLSAVINGS10P = 50.85.
And I'll still get the full 30% ($16.95) as cashback! Awesome awesome![/QUOTE]

damnit i just ordered dead space from that same guy but didn't use the coupon....

[quote name='OGHowie']damnit i just ordered dead space from that same guy but didn't use the coupon....[/QUOTE]

Tsk, should have done a Google search first. ;)

Although, the coupon is only supposed to work for those who eBay sends them out to (I don't think I ever got this one, either!). Make sure to change your preferences to receive promo emails from eBay; that seems to be the reason many people can never use these coupons.

[quote name='Callandor']Tsk, should have done a Google search first. ;)

Although, the coupon is only supposed to work for those who eBay sends them out to (I don't think I ever got this one, either!). Make sure to change your preferences to receive promo emails from eBay; that seems to be the reason many people can never use these coupons.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just searched right now and it looks like only people who receive it from eBay can use it. I didn't get it this time. I got a coupon like this a few months back though.

[quote name='Callandor']Tsk, should have done a Google search first. ;)

Although, the coupon is only supposed to work for those who eBay sends them out to (I don't think I ever got this one, either!). Make sure to change your preferences to receive promo emails from eBay; that seems to be the reason many people can never use these coupons.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, did a quick search and FatWallet people are getting it to work even though they didn't receive it from eBay.

Code won't work for me.....

Wait, how does the coupon work?

As in where do I enter it, and does it stack to do 40 % off or does it do 10% off, then 30% off of that?

[quote name='DarthPuma']Wait, how does the coupon work?

As in where do I enter it, and does it stack to do 40 % off or does it do 10% off, then 30% off of that?[/QUOTE]

IF it works, which isn't a guarantee, you enter it when you go to pay with Paypal.

And the cashback and this coupon are independent. You'll get the 30% cashback for the selling price, not the post-10% coupon price.

[quote name='nightwarrior']is that coupon email specific or can anyone use it?[/quote]

they're suppose to be account specific, but you can try using it anyway, maybe you'll get lucky. Just be aware though i have read of people getting their accounts audited and any savings from coupons that they should not of been eligable for are removed.

Either way you wont know if the coupon worked or not until you've committed to the purchase unless the seller requires immediate payment. You'd know if it did because it states as much next to the BIN button on the auction. In this case then you can go through the checkout process without confirming to see if the coupon works for you or not.

[quote name='GuardianE']The rules explicitly state that reselling is allowed in the Microsoft Terms and Conditions.[/quote]

Where does it say this?

Thanks

[quote name='Cheadyp']Where does it say this?

Thanks[/quote]

First line of section 4 of the terms

eBay does not limit purchases eligible for Cashback Rewards by the purpose for which they are acquired (e.g., purchases acquired for resale).

am I the only one who feels a bit paranoid (about fraud) about some of these "too good to be true" prices on Ebay video games? I mean how can some people have 40 copies of a pre-order game for $5 under msrp?
If you want to discuss this, no need to answer here. I started a seperate post on this.
I just know there are a lot of people on this thread who have gotten some great deals on these pre-orders. I just hope we're not in for a rude awakening a week after the release dates.

Hell yes...just bought fallout 3 collectors edition with 40% off comes to 33.47.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nightwarrior']is that coupon email specific or can anyone use it?[/quote]

I think it is Email Specific, but i dont think i got the email, or didnt notice it. It showed up under "my ebay" with a seperate heading titled my coupons.

[quote name='david12795']Can anybody help me find a good deal on a tv?[/quote]

Are you serious? You've asked this more than once in this thread already. It's one thing when people are lazy and don't want to read threads but your request is kind of ridiculous... :roll:

Is anybody else seeing the banner on ebay all the time now, or is it just me? I mean I don't have to do a search with live search anymore, the 30% banner is always there.

Regarding BigCrumbs.com.... is there any chance ebay will cancel your live.com cashback if you go through bigcrumbs? Because when you do that they are basically paying two advertisers.

[quote name='Cheadyp']Regarding BigCrumbs.com.... is there any chance ebay will cancel your live.com cashback if you go through bigcrumbs? Because when you do that they are basically paying two advertisers.[/quote]

they're different promotions. Bigcrumbs pays you based off the listing/sale fee while live cashback is the auction cost.

I see the banner when I click on the cashback link in my search. It stays throughout my ebay session so EVERY BIN item is a possibility, even if a search for that particular thing on live.com doesn't yield a cashback promo.

What's a good deal for RB2 for the PS3? I've found one for $229 shipped, makes it $161 after cashback. Any better deals out there?

bread's done
Back