BING Cashback for Ebay - Currently 8% [Now 40 Uses]

qwerty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Thought this was worthy of a new thread. Its back! And with a vengeance. As of this writing its at [see title]. Link

And for those that dont know, the amount of uses for this promotion seems to be doubling at a steady rate, now at 40 uses per account, and the maximum amount you can get back PER A SINGLE TRANSACTION was reduced from $250 to $200. The total culmulative cashback allowance is capped at $2,500.00 per calendar year.

How this works:

If you dont already know about this, its a very simple promotion offered by Microsoft in order to promote usage of their search engine live.com. All you have to do is go to www.live.com and search for something common, like "Wii" as in nintendo wii. In the Sponsored sites at the top you will see a link to Wii's on ebay with a small logo next to it that says Live Search Cash Back and below that "You may get xx% off paypal eligible". When you click on the cash back logo it takes you to ebay and BIN (Buy It Now) auctions for Wiis. From there you simply use the ebay search function to find the BIN auction for the item you desire and purchase it. When you click the BIN button prior to clicking on Commit to buy you should see a message below with the Cash Back you are eligible to recieve. Once you buy the auction pay for it with paypal and give it an hour. Eventually you'll get a message in your ebay account saying "You've earned cashback" simply click on it and follow the instructions. If you dont have one you'll be asked to create a live account. I believe most people will already have an existing live acct due to their Xbox, MSN, or Hotmail associations so feel free to use that if you like. This is quick, and thus far i havent gotten any spam due to it, nor have i read of anyone getting any spam. And thats it, 60 + 15 days later [they allow a buffer period incase you return what you bought] you can redeem the money.

So to summarize

1. use live.com search engine to find any product on ebay. Any keyword is as good as another, hence i used "wii" as an example.

2. Once activating the link use ebay.com to browse for the Buy It Now auction you desire and purchase and pay with paypal. Wait until you get a message from ebay and get your cash back with your live account. This can take a few hours.

3. ~75 days later its in your pocket. [60 days before you can redeem and then an additional 2 weeks before it actually transfers into your paypal account]

Again this is just a promotion by MS to promote use of their search engine, theres no catch. You dont have to promise your first born nor random legs or limbs. Its as simple as it sounds.

Some things to note

-This promotion is limited to only US residents.

-You must pay with paypal and it must be a BIN auction.

-It takes about 75 days to recieve the actual money which will be in the form of a FEE FREE deposit into your paypal account. From there you can spend it or transfer it into your checking or simply request a check.

-If you return the item you purchased and used the promotion on you LOSE the refund.

-This is only valid for Ebay user/store auctions on Ebay.com. No live auction or ebay motors etc.. Though i think you can get away with buying international auctions you're watching on ebay.com. I also noticed that this works if you're offered a "Second chance" on an item you bid on since it turns the auction into a BIN.

-You may only use this a maximum of 40 times per ebay account per person. A few people are reporting success using different ebay accounts with the same cashback account in order to achieve more than 20 uses. YMMV.

-Maximum of $200 back PER AUCTION [$2,500 Cap per account] and the percent savings does vary and can change without notice.

Rest of the terms are here:
http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html

I recommend at least skimming them. Enjoy.

Couple additions

"Instant" Cashback is now available. However, to quote "Instant cashback will be eligible for some, but not all users." Its unknown what the criteria is to be "eligible". I would not suggest you make a purchase unless you dont mind waiting.

Ebay/Paypal Coupons WILL stack with this. The amount is deducted off the full auction value. IE 10% Coupon applied to $100 purchase will save you $10. If the Cashback percent is 25% you will still get $25 additional back for a total savings of $35. Usually the Ebay/Paypal coupons have a maximum savings of $100 for a maximum total of $300 saved on any single purchase. This also stacks with other promotions run by Bigcrumb/ebates where you can earn some more money back based on an items selling fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
Few notes for you guys who can't get the Ebay tag to pop up:

1. Make sure you use internet explorer, or at least turn your pop-up blocker off in Firefox or whatever browser you are using.
2. Ebay has never been listed in the list of supported stores for cashback, it only pops up for keywords being searched in the bing toolbar. The fact that you guys cannot find it in the list of stores doesn't mean anything, it has always been like this.
3. I just searched Blu-ray, and 8% Ebay cashback is coming up. So, if it is not coming up, you are doing something wrong.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Few notes for you guys who can't get the Ebay tag to pop up:

1. Make sure you use internet explorer, or at least turn your pop-up blocker off in Firefox or whatever browser you are using.
2. Ebay has never been listed in the list of supported stores for cashback, it only pops up for keywords being searched in the bing toolbar. The fact that you guys cannot find it in the list of stores doesn't mean anything, it has always been like this.
3. I just searched Blu-ray, and 8% Ebay cashback is coming up. So, if it is not coming up, you are doing something wrong.[/QUOTE]

Actually ebay was listed before. I know I was watching :p Just the pass week they removed in.

Anyone have problems with going to ebay using a different search and MS not giving you cashback?

I think ebay is dead as of now...Both versions of blu-ray and bluray were working earlier. It may come back tomorrow or it may even jump for upcoming holidays.

If the cashback banner does not show at the top of your screen, then it will not work (for ebay).

[quote name='slowdive21']I think ebay is dead as of now...Both versions of blu-ray and bluray were working earlier. It may come back tomorrow or it may even jump for upcoming holidays.

If the cashback banner does not show at the top of your screen, then it will not work (for ebay).[/QUOTE]
Yep I tried all the key words nothing. Its dead right now but they may be revamping it or something. We will see in the next few days...

Its working now! Currently @ 8% eBay cashback via Bing, search "blu-ray, sony hdtv or sony lcd" Will stack with BigCrumbs, so you have 2 credits, one from Bing and the other from BigCrumbs (bid & buy-it-now)

do you ever LOSE the cash in the BING account.. i had 3.79 before and now it says 0 (and never took it out) said i needed to earn 5 before taking it out and its been over a year since i used bing

Dear valued cashback customer:

We are writing to notify you that the Bing cashback program will be discontinued, and the last day to earn cash back on your Bing Shopping purchases will be July 30, 2010.

Until July 30, 2010 9:00 pm PST, it's business as usual so continue to take advantage of great offers from your favorite merchants. You can redeem all of your earned cashback savings consistent with the cashback terms and conditions and access the Bing cashback customer support system through July 30, 2011. We encourage you to redeem your cashback savings and to further support redemption, we are waiving the $5 minimum payout effective July 31, 2010. To assist with prompt delivery of your cashback earnings, please visit http://cashbackaccount.bing.com to ensure your account information is current. For more details and answers to your questions, please visit our frequently asked questions page.

Thank you very much for being a loyal cashback user. We remain committed to delivering great value to our customers, and we are currently working on an exciting new program which you will hear more about from us later this summer.

Sincerely,

Bing cashback team

[quote name='buffcorp']dear valued cashback customer:

We are writing to notify you that the bing cashback program will be discontinued, and the last day to earn cash back on your bing shopping purchases will be july 30, 2010.

Until july 30, 2010 9:00 pm pst, it's business as usual so continue to take advantage of great offers from your favorite merchants. You can redeem all of your earned cashback savings consistent with the cashback terms and conditions and access the bing cashback customer support system through july 30, 2011. We encourage you to redeem your cashback savings and to further support redemption, we are waiving the $5 minimum payout effective july 31, 2010. To assist with prompt delivery of your cashback earnings, please visit http://cashbackaccount.bing.com to ensure your account information is current. For more details and answers to your questions, please visit our frequently asked questions page.

Thank you very much for being a loyal cashback user. We remain committed to delivering great value to our customers, and we are currently working on an exciting new program which you will hear more about from us later this summer.

Sincerely,

bing cashback team[/quote]
bs!

Yep just got mine an hour ago it seems

[quote name='Bing']
Dear valued cashback customer:

We are writing to notify you that the Bing cashback program will be discontinued, and the last day to earn cash back on your Bing Shopping purchases will be July 30, 2010.

Until July 30, 2010 9:00 pm PST, it's business as usual so continue to take advantage of great offers from your favorite merchants. You can redeem all of your earned cashback savings consistent with the cashback terms and conditions and access the Bing cashback customer support system through July 30, 2011. We encourage you to redeem your cashback savings and to further support redemption, we are waiving the $5 minimum payout effective July 31, 2010. To assist with prompt delivery of your cashback earnings, please visit http://cashbackaccount.bing.com to ensure your account information is current. For more details and answers to your questions, please visit our frequently asked questions page.

Sincerely,

Bing cashback team[/quote]

[quote name='JaxMoney']It's been on and off for 8% for the longest time, nothing new... I miss the 30% days :([/QUOTE]
Hopefully they go out with a bang. Doubtful, but who knows...

I made well over 100 from Bing buying nothing but movies and video games, not so much lately since they killed off all the high percentage ones, but when Wal-Mart was at 20%... nice.

It had its run. It did get people to use Bing, which was the most important part, right?

Of course strangely sellers started to raise THEIR prices and then talk about how you could get Bing Cashback in their listings. People always willing to make a buck or two...

Bing Cashback, you were great for a while there. Then every seller and store raised their prices to make it less useful.

We had a great time, but no doubt the "new program" that will replace it will be a point-based system where you can collect your points to spend on exciting offers like, "Microsoft-themed hats, shirts, and underwear."

Can't wait for my t-shirt that proudly says, "I'm a PC and I invented Windows 7 because I once emailed Microsoft and cursed them out for killing Ensemble, FASA, and the Flight Simulator Team."

Does this work on Make An Offer BIN?

Does it matter if you search on Live.com or Bing.com?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='J7.']Does this work on Make An Offer BIN?

Does it matter if you search on Live.com or Bing.com?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't work on Best Offers.

I can confirm this, got this email as well.

[quote name='buffcorp']Dear valued cashback customer:

Sincerely,

Bing cashback team[/QUOTE]

[quote name='opportunity777']Wow, that sucks. I used Bing a lot. I guess I will never use that search engine again.[/QUOTE]

Oh so now it's case of "What have you done for me LATELY?"

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Oh so now it's case of "What have you done for me LATELY?"[/QUOTE]

I never would have used it without the cashback. I just admit it. :)

Same here; I don't get what all the hype about Bing is and found it not particularly great to use. Only used it for the cashback-- managed to get nearly $200 back so I can't complain but it's sad to lose it. Of course, given that they were paying us WAY more than they'd ever hope to make back, it was pretty obvious this wasn't going to last forever.

I just got an email from them stating they are ending Bing Cashback service July 30th. What a bummer. I was hoping for it to go back to 30% on Ebay during the holidays. Combining that with a student discount was just epic savings.

Bing is fine as a search engine. Yes sometimes I need to go back to Google for obscure stuff, but additional functions like maps, images, site summaries, etc are much better in Bing

I used the hell out of this when it was around 20-30%, still use it on all the Buy It Now items I buy. I'll probably use it once more for Traktor/Serato if I can't get an offer in better than 8% off.

30% off....those were the days! I got $200 back on 1 ebay purchase once. It also made it alot easier selling a few $900+ items I had for sale using buy it now.

Microsoft talks about how it has gained 12% or whatever of search, now through bing. I bet they give it all back to google after july.

Bummer to say the least! Thanks to MS for a great deal on my TV. The program seemed like a stupid idea from the beginning. I'm surprised it took them this long to pull the plug.

bread's done
Back