BING Cashback for Ebay - Currently 8% [Now 40 Uses]

qwerty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Thought this was worthy of a new thread. Its back! And with a vengeance. As of this writing its at [see title]. Link

And for those that dont know, the amount of uses for this promotion seems to be doubling at a steady rate, now at 40 uses per account, and the maximum amount you can get back PER A SINGLE TRANSACTION was reduced from $250 to $200. The total culmulative cashback allowance is capped at $2,500.00 per calendar year.

How this works:

If you dont already know about this, its a very simple promotion offered by Microsoft in order to promote usage of their search engine live.com. All you have to do is go to www.live.com and search for something common, like "Wii" as in nintendo wii. In the Sponsored sites at the top you will see a link to Wii's on ebay with a small logo next to it that says Live Search Cash Back and below that "You may get xx% off paypal eligible". When you click on the cash back logo it takes you to ebay and BIN (Buy It Now) auctions for Wiis. From there you simply use the ebay search function to find the BIN auction for the item you desire and purchase it. When you click the BIN button prior to clicking on Commit to buy you should see a message below with the Cash Back you are eligible to recieve. Once you buy the auction pay for it with paypal and give it an hour. Eventually you'll get a message in your ebay account saying "You've earned cashback" simply click on it and follow the instructions. If you dont have one you'll be asked to create a live account. I believe most people will already have an existing live acct due to their Xbox, MSN, or Hotmail associations so feel free to use that if you like. This is quick, and thus far i havent gotten any spam due to it, nor have i read of anyone getting any spam. And thats it, 60 + 15 days later [they allow a buffer period incase you return what you bought] you can redeem the money.

So to summarize

1. use live.com search engine to find any product on ebay. Any keyword is as good as another, hence i used "wii" as an example.

2. Once activating the link use ebay.com to browse for the Buy It Now auction you desire and purchase and pay with paypal. Wait until you get a message from ebay and get your cash back with your live account. This can take a few hours.

3. ~75 days later its in your pocket. [60 days before you can redeem and then an additional 2 weeks before it actually transfers into your paypal account]

Again this is just a promotion by MS to promote use of their search engine, theres no catch. You dont have to promise your first born nor random legs or limbs. Its as simple as it sounds.

Some things to note

-This promotion is limited to only US residents.

-You must pay with paypal and it must be a BIN auction.

-It takes about 75 days to recieve the actual money which will be in the form of a FEE FREE deposit into your paypal account. From there you can spend it or transfer it into your checking or simply request a check.

-If you return the item you purchased and used the promotion on you LOSE the refund.

-This is only valid for Ebay user/store auctions on Ebay.com. No live auction or ebay motors etc.. Though i think you can get away with buying international auctions you're watching on ebay.com. I also noticed that this works if you're offered a "Second chance" on an item you bid on since it turns the auction into a BIN.

-You may only use this a maximum of 40 times per ebay account per person. A few people are reporting success using different ebay accounts with the same cashback account in order to achieve more than 20 uses. YMMV.

-Maximum of $200 back PER AUCTION [$2,500 Cap per account] and the percent savings does vary and can change without notice.

Rest of the terms are here:
http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html

I recommend at least skimming them. Enjoy.

Couple additions

"Instant" Cashback is now available. However, to quote "Instant cashback will be eligible for some, but not all users." Its unknown what the criteria is to be "eligible". I would not suggest you make a purchase unless you dont mind waiting.

Ebay/Paypal Coupons WILL stack with this. The amount is deducted off the full auction value. IE 10% Coupon applied to $100 purchase will save you $10. If the Cashback percent is 25% you will still get $25 additional back for a total savings of $35. Usually the Ebay/Paypal coupons have a maximum savings of $100 for a maximum total of $300 saved on any single purchase. This also stacks with other promotions run by Bigcrumb/ebates where you can earn some more money back based on an items selling fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Arakias']it is 15% if you look at the right side and after search for "nintendo wii"[/QUOTE]

thanks for the update got 15%... now to figure out stuff to buy

How are you guys getting 15%? Does the rate raise randomly? I've tried just now, and I'm getting only 8% =/

EDIT: Oh, nevermind. I didn't understand Arakias' post that searching for "nintendo wii" before searching for your own item raises it to 15%. Does it ever rise above 15%, and if so, does it do it randomly?

Just got 15% and order an indoor bike trainer and got an instant $24 paypal. In the past I have had to wait the 60 days or more to get my CB.

[quote name='ithebigc']Does it ever rise above 15%, and if so, does it do it randomly?[/QUOTE]
Practically speaking within the past year, it mostly hovers around 8% or nothing, and occasionally goes 10-20% during the holidays.

What are you guys searching for to get the 15%? Please post as I remember us being able to search for one thing, get the 15%, and then just search once it brought us to eBay what we really wanted.

Thanks.

They were searching for Nintendo Wii (the info is like 4 posts up), and more importantly only really valid for the same day posted. It's 8% as off yesterday.

Now stuck at 8%.

Is Bing usually 8% for eBay? Or does it drop to 0%?

Seeing as how the holidays are almost over, I'm thinking of buying a few items before bing drops to 0%...

I don't think it ever drops to 0%. It seems 8% is the default for most of the time. I'm still waiting it out hoping it goes to 20% or more sometime this year so I could use the Bill Me Later $100 off as well as this to score a Nintendo Wii or some other expensive stuff.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Now stuck at 8%.

Is Bing usually 8% for eBay? Or does it drop to 0%?

Seeing as how the holidays are almost over, I'm thinking of buying a few items before bing drops to 0%...[/QUOTE]

8% is now the standard. It did drop to 0 last year for a little while after it was at 25%

Anybody having trouble getting the Bing banner to show up in eBay this morning?

I made a purchase yesterday without incident, but after trying two different browsers and clearing cache/cookies/history in both, I can't seem to get it to activate after going to eBay through the Cashback link in Bing.

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']Anybody having trouble getting the Bing banner to show up in eBay this morning?

I made a purchase yesterday without incident, but after trying two different browsers and clearing cache/cookies/history in both, I can't seem to get it to activate after going to eBay through the Cashback link in Bing.[/QUOTE]

yeah same here.looks like bing is dead on ebay or down. lucky for me i took i screenshot of the item before this problem showed up. I bought a ps3 slim just before it went down. now i have to fight for my 21 dollars

my last 3 purchases have been instant for this year. I like it. but I have $4 waiting and won't clear. but have $48 coming up and hope some of that takes it out. Why can't bing clear it out. passed $1500 out but can't get my $4 lol

Used the 10% cashback plus the Paypal 10% coupon I was mailed to pickup a game.
Plus some eBay bucks.

Got the Bing cashback instantly.

I was pleased.

[quote name='Vortextk']I can't even get a product to show ebay as a possible cashback store. Anyone do a recent search or can get it to pop up now?[/QUOTE]

bing search for xbox

[quote name='cthomer5000']bing search for xbox[/QUOTE]

I'm not getting anything. I don't even see the symbol on the page after searching, but if I click in "shop for xbox" and the different ones shown, there are a bunch of sites with cashback % listed but nothing for ebay.

Slightly unrelated question, but I made an order yesterday with walmart and had used BCB before. I don't see anything under pending or in process on BCB, is that normal or should I cancel the order?

normal. They have to report it to Microsoft so it gets posted. It should take no longer than 2-3 business days but i've had nothing get posted for a bit over a week before [by sears in that instance]. It will make its way there, eventually.

anyone else can still confirm cb is 10%? the icon on ebay shows 8% for me still.

I really liked it the first time I used it over a year and a half ago (30% cb ftw)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='morrodox']I'd totally go for this if I didn't have to use eBay.[/QUOTE]

Bing cashback works with other online retailers.

Sorry for the thread necromancy, but does anyone know if I can buy multiple items from one seller, have them invoice it, and thereby use up only one Bing use?

[quote name='palejackal']Sorry for the thread necromancy, but does anyone know if I can buy multiple items from one seller, have them invoice it, and thereby use up only one Bing use?[/QUOTE]

The only way that can happen is if the seller groups them into one ebay buy it now listing before you buy them.

You can always create another ebay ID and use the same cashback account to get another 40 transactions.

You don't need to search anything. Go to http://bing.com/ and then copy and paste the following into the address bar and pretty return:

javascript:void(eval("document.writeln('Ebay');"))

Then click the link

Doh!! Doesn't work any more. Bummer.

EDIT2: and perhaps that's an indication that ebay is no longer participating - it says the store can't be found. Other javascript ones still work, such as walmart and buy.com.

bread's done
Back