BING Cashback for Ebay - Currently 8% [Now 40 Uses]

qwerty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Thought this was worthy of a new thread. Its back! And with a vengeance. As of this writing its at [see title]. Link

And for those that dont know, the amount of uses for this promotion seems to be doubling at a steady rate, now at 40 uses per account, and the maximum amount you can get back PER A SINGLE TRANSACTION was reduced from $250 to $200. The total culmulative cashback allowance is capped at $2,500.00 per calendar year.

How this works:

If you dont already know about this, its a very simple promotion offered by Microsoft in order to promote usage of their search engine live.com. All you have to do is go to www.live.com and search for something common, like "Wii" as in nintendo wii. In the Sponsored sites at the top you will see a link to Wii's on ebay with a small logo next to it that says Live Search Cash Back and below that "You may get xx% off paypal eligible". When you click on the cash back logo it takes you to ebay and BIN (Buy It Now) auctions for Wiis. From there you simply use the ebay search function to find the BIN auction for the item you desire and purchase it. When you click the BIN button prior to clicking on Commit to buy you should see a message below with the Cash Back you are eligible to recieve. Once you buy the auction pay for it with paypal and give it an hour. Eventually you'll get a message in your ebay account saying "You've earned cashback" simply click on it and follow the instructions. If you dont have one you'll be asked to create a live account. I believe most people will already have an existing live acct due to their Xbox, MSN, or Hotmail associations so feel free to use that if you like. This is quick, and thus far i havent gotten any spam due to it, nor have i read of anyone getting any spam. And thats it, 60 + 15 days later [they allow a buffer period incase you return what you bought] you can redeem the money.

So to summarize

1. use live.com search engine to find any product on ebay. Any keyword is as good as another, hence i used "wii" as an example.

2. Once activating the link use ebay.com to browse for the Buy It Now auction you desire and purchase and pay with paypal. Wait until you get a message from ebay and get your cash back with your live account. This can take a few hours.

3. ~75 days later its in your pocket. [60 days before you can redeem and then an additional 2 weeks before it actually transfers into your paypal account]

Again this is just a promotion by MS to promote use of their search engine, theres no catch. You dont have to promise your first born nor random legs or limbs. Its as simple as it sounds.

Some things to note

-This promotion is limited to only US residents.

-You must pay with paypal and it must be a BIN auction.

-It takes about 75 days to recieve the actual money which will be in the form of a FEE FREE deposit into your paypal account. From there you can spend it or transfer it into your checking or simply request a check.

-If you return the item you purchased and used the promotion on you LOSE the refund.

-This is only valid for Ebay user/store auctions on Ebay.com. No live auction or ebay motors etc.. Though i think you can get away with buying international auctions you're watching on ebay.com. I also noticed that this works if you're offered a "Second chance" on an item you bid on since it turns the auction into a BIN.

-You may only use this a maximum of 40 times per ebay account per person. A few people are reporting success using different ebay accounts with the same cashback account in order to achieve more than 20 uses. YMMV.

-Maximum of $200 back PER AUCTION [$2,500 Cap per account] and the percent savings does vary and can change without notice.

Rest of the terms are here:
http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html

I recommend at least skimming them. Enjoy.

Couple additions

"Instant" Cashback is now available. However, to quote "Instant cashback will be eligible for some, but not all users." Its unknown what the criteria is to be "eligible". I would not suggest you make a purchase unless you dont mind waiting.

Ebay/Paypal Coupons WILL stack with this. The amount is deducted off the full auction value. IE 10% Coupon applied to $100 purchase will save you $10. If the Cashback percent is 25% you will still get $25 additional back for a total savings of $35. Usually the Ebay/Paypal coupons have a maximum savings of $100 for a maximum total of $300 saved on any single purchase. This also stacks with other promotions run by Bigcrumb/ebates where you can earn some more money back based on an items selling fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up a 360 on eBay for $143.99 with $40 cashback, though pending. May put it towards getting a classic Dreamcast when it finally goes though.

Hey,

I didn't see this in the OP, and I'm not searching through 75 posts so sorry if this is a repeat:

I have a "10% off" coupon with Ebay - can I stack this with the Live 25% off?

I hope this isn't against forum policy, please don't ban if it is, I'll just edit my post.

What if me and my brother shot money back and forth through eBay? Could this work?

looks like this works with dutch auctions now. at least with the buy.com stuff

just scored a 360 arcade holiday bundle from buy in a dutch using the 25% off code for 149.99 shipped

the extra 10% code didnt work since they dont use ebay checkout

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I hope this isn't against forum policy, please don't ban if it is, I'll just edit my post.

What if me and my brother shot money back and forth through eBay? Could this work?[/quote]

Pretty brilliant... let me know if it works. :]

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I hope this isn't against forum policy, please don't ban if it is, I'll just edit my post.

What if me and my brother shot money back and forth through eBay? Could this work?[/QUOTE]

It's fraud and against the Cashback ToS.

[quote name='Xfactor19990']but what if you actually sell to each other[/QUOTE]

No dice - they're good at sniffing out any suspect transactions and disqualifying the cashback.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']What's this about 10%?[/quote]

eBay just emailed another round of 10% off coupons. I got one again, and I'm trying hard not to grab some Wii Point Cards at 40% off.

[quote name='VioletArrows']eBay just emailed another round of 10% off coupons. I got one again, and I'm trying hard not to grab some Wii Point Cards at 40% off.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...what would that email be titled?

[quote name='VioletArrows']eBay just emailed another round of 10% off coupons. I got one again, and I'm trying hard not to grab some Wii Point Cards at 40% off.[/QUOTE]

crap....i got one last time (nov 14th) and used it, but I didnt get one this time.....that would be sweet with the 30%....

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Hmm...what would that email be titled?[/quote]

Hurry, 10% off coupon ends soon--save on gifts
It expires the 30th, bound to accounts, and single use.

[quote name='mrmagoo1974']crap....i got one last time (nov 14th) and used it, but I didnt get one this time.....that would be sweet with the 30%....[/quote]
I actually get these fairly often, but I rarely have money to spend, plus 10% isn't enough for me to get me to buy anything. 40% is.

[quote name='VioletArrows']Hurry, 10% off coupon ends soon--save on gifts It expires the 30th, bound to accounts, and single use.[/quote]

Guess I didn't get one. :/

[quote name='david12795']Has anyone bought a ps3 with this deal?
What would a good buy it now price for a 40 gb ps3? new or used, it doesnt matter.[/quote]For a 'Buy It Now', expect to pay under $400 total for a 40 gig. An MGS4 LE PS3s are usually sold for a little over $400.

[quote name='gkrykewy']No dice - they're good at sniffing out any suspect transactions and disqualifying the cashback.[/QUOTE]
But what proof would they have often times I ship gifts to my relatives

I didn't see this anywhere, but if you do a live search for HP it brings you to a 40% off cashback thing for anything from HP.com. The site isn't working too well for me, but if you can get through you can get an amazing deal on a new computer.

[quote name='david12795']Is that after or before cashback?[/quote]Before cashback... You will see some prices heavily jacked up and I would totally avoid those. Just keep checking the newly listed auctions if you cannot find any good prices and you will eventually find one.

[quote name='silent h3ro']Before cashback... You will see some prices heavily jacked up and I would totally avoid those. Just keep checking the newly listed auctions if you cannot find any good prices and you will eventually find one.[/quote]

Bleh, I'm not too knowledgeable on these ps3 prices but ill keep trying.

I would compare the old 40GB to the new 80GB which is what replaced it. It is essentially the same except it has a bigger hdd and it retails for $399 so I would pay a good bit less for a 40GB unless you are talking about the 40GB MGS4 LE console.

[quote name='silent h3ro']I would compare the old 40GB to the new 80GB which is what replaced it. It is essentially the same except it has a bigger hdd and it retails for $399 so I would pay a good bit less for a 40GB.[/quote]

I see what your saying. I just checked the comparison chart and its basically the same. But we can remove the HDD to a bigger one right? How much did you get your ps3 for ( if you did buy one?)

[quote name='david12795']But we can remove the HDD to a bigger one right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah you can easily remove the HD and replace with a bigger one. I did this to my MGS4 bundle 80GB HD and swapped it with a 160GB.

[quote name='silent h3ro']I bought an MGS4 LE PS3 for $455 off eBay (the same one that amazon.com sells for $400).[/quote]

So that must be like 100+ cashback? :eek:

EDIT: So far I can only find a 40gb ps3 around $300, is that good or has anybody got one lower than that?

[quote name='silent h3ro']Nah I bought it back in June when it was really expensive. I paid $700 with 35% cashback.[/quote]

:cold:

Holy sh- that's a lot.

I guess i should start looking for deals.

[quote name='PhrostByte']So it's back up to 30%.. pretty sweet.. does the 10% off code work for everyone? Or just people who received it?[/quote]
Just those who received it.

[quote name='david12795']So that must be like 100+ cashback? :eek:

EDIT: So far I can only find a 40gb ps3 around $300, is that good or has anybody got one lower than that?[/quote]

That's about the best you're going to find if that is including shipping.

I actually lucked out and found a 60gig for $330 shipped, but it ended up not working out because the girl had problems with Paypal. Would have been an awesome deal though.

Just keep a look out and don't be too impatient. Eventually a really good deal will come along. Of course, we don't know how long the Cashback will stay at 30%, so don't wait too long.

[quote name='Cloggerdude']That's about the best you're going to find if that is including shipping.

I actually lucked out and found a 60gig for $330 shipped, but it ended up not working out because the girl had problems with Paypal. Would have been an awesome deal though.

Just keep a look out and don't be too impatient. Eventually a really good deal will come along. Of course, we don't know how long the Cashback will stay at 30%, so don't wait too long.[/quote]

haha true speaking of which i found these deals so far

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-PlayStation-3-Game-console-40GB-FREE-SHIPPING_W0QQitemZ370115935818QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games?hash=item370115935818&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A15|39%3A1|240%3A1309

http://cgi.ebay.com/SONY-PS3-PLAYSTATION-3-40-GB-GAME-SYSTEM-BRAND-NEW_W0QQitemZ260321501071QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games?hash=item260321501071&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A15|39%3A1|240%3A1318

I think i might go for the first deal, what do you think?

[quote name='Bazz']I think I used up all my uses. Saying I reached my limit, but I didn't get up to 2500 back.[/quote]

Did you use it 12 times already? That should take precedence before the $2500 limit.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']How many transactions are you able to get? I just bought something on Ebay and now the Cashback thingy is gone.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if someone answered you. It's 12 total uses. You have to go back to live.com to search again for that coupon to show up.

bread's done
Back