BING Cashback for Ebay - Currently 8% [Now 40 Uses]

qwerty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Thought this was worthy of a new thread. Its back! And with a vengeance. As of this writing its at [see title]. Link

And for those that dont know, the amount of uses for this promotion seems to be doubling at a steady rate, now at 40 uses per account, and the maximum amount you can get back PER A SINGLE TRANSACTION was reduced from $250 to $200. The total culmulative cashback allowance is capped at $2,500.00 per calendar year.

How this works:

If you dont already know about this, its a very simple promotion offered by Microsoft in order to promote usage of their search engine live.com. All you have to do is go to www.live.com and search for something common, like "Wii" as in nintendo wii. In the Sponsored sites at the top you will see a link to Wii's on ebay with a small logo next to it that says Live Search Cash Back and below that "You may get xx% off paypal eligible". When you click on the cash back logo it takes you to ebay and BIN (Buy It Now) auctions for Wiis. From there you simply use the ebay search function to find the BIN auction for the item you desire and purchase it. When you click the BIN button prior to clicking on Commit to buy you should see a message below with the Cash Back you are eligible to recieve. Once you buy the auction pay for it with paypal and give it an hour. Eventually you'll get a message in your ebay account saying "You've earned cashback" simply click on it and follow the instructions. If you dont have one you'll be asked to create a live account. I believe most people will already have an existing live acct due to their Xbox, MSN, or Hotmail associations so feel free to use that if you like. This is quick, and thus far i havent gotten any spam due to it, nor have i read of anyone getting any spam. And thats it, 60 + 15 days later [they allow a buffer period incase you return what you bought] you can redeem the money.

So to summarize

1. use live.com search engine to find any product on ebay. Any keyword is as good as another, hence i used "wii" as an example.

2. Once activating the link use ebay.com to browse for the Buy It Now auction you desire and purchase and pay with paypal. Wait until you get a message from ebay and get your cash back with your live account. This can take a few hours.

3. ~75 days later its in your pocket. [60 days before you can redeem and then an additional 2 weeks before it actually transfers into your paypal account]

Again this is just a promotion by MS to promote use of their search engine, theres no catch. You dont have to promise your first born nor random legs or limbs. Its as simple as it sounds.

Some things to note

-This promotion is limited to only US residents.

-You must pay with paypal and it must be a BIN auction.

-It takes about 75 days to recieve the actual money which will be in the form of a FEE FREE deposit into your paypal account. From there you can spend it or transfer it into your checking or simply request a check.

-If you return the item you purchased and used the promotion on you LOSE the refund.

-This is only valid for Ebay user/store auctions on Ebay.com. No live auction or ebay motors etc.. Though i think you can get away with buying international auctions you're watching on ebay.com. I also noticed that this works if you're offered a "Second chance" on an item you bid on since it turns the auction into a BIN.

-You may only use this a maximum of 40 times per ebay account per person. A few people are reporting success using different ebay accounts with the same cashback account in order to achieve more than 20 uses. YMMV.

-Maximum of $200 back PER AUCTION [$2,500 Cap per account] and the percent savings does vary and can change without notice.

Rest of the terms are here:
http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html

I recommend at least skimming them. Enjoy.

Couple additions

"Instant" Cashback is now available. However, to quote "Instant cashback will be eligible for some, but not all users." Its unknown what the criteria is to be "eligible". I would not suggest you make a purchase unless you dont mind waiting.

Ebay/Paypal Coupons WILL stack with this. The amount is deducted off the full auction value. IE 10% Coupon applied to $100 purchase will save you $10. If the Cashback percent is 25% you will still get $25 additional back for a total savings of $35. Usually the Ebay/Paypal coupons have a maximum savings of $100 for a maximum total of $300 saved on any single purchase. This also stacks with other promotions run by Bigcrumb/ebates where you can earn some more money back based on an items selling fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, just bought Dead Space.

That's all I'm doing today. Might as well save the remaining 3 purchases I have for something else.

I did this because I wanted to get GHWT, RB2, and DS with the Toys R Us deal, but they don't do pre-orders, so this was the better alternative anyway.

[quote name='blackwaltz34']does anyone know if this applies to listings that have a bidding option and a buy it now option?[/quote]

Yep, it works with those. I got a few bucks cash back on an auction that had BIN.

[quote name='Mugen Power']Dude, you were saying this same crap in the old cashback thread. :roll: So far, it looks like pretty much everyone's been getting their cashback as long as they were paying attention to make sure it shows up before committing to the Buy It Now auction.

If MS decides to reneg, I think they would be in serious trouble considering you have messages in your e-mail AND eBay account saying you will get it.

Besides, who's to say that the stuff we're buying isn't stuff we want? I don't think people would buy stuff they didn't want, especially since we're limited to 6 cashbacks.

Sure, everything in this world has a chance of going wrong, especially e-transactions but you're seriously blowing this out of proportion.[/QUOTE]

other sites have said that people who got GOLD and gift cards will not be getting their cash back.

it also says If they think your going to RESELL The item they dont have to give you the cash. so really they could VOID anyones transaction and use the RESELL loophole.

and there are ways to get around the 6 cash backs

Im just saying i wouldnt go out and buy something just cause im getting 30% off.

Glad I checked back in, I thought I could only do this 3 times, which I did and have been paid for those three times.

Now I checked back and they let you do it 6 times, at 30% no less, I bought both of my kids sony walkman/mp3/video players, SWEET more cash back.

I just picked up an Xbox 360 elite, got about 90 bucks from cashback. How long does it take for the thing to show up in your cashback account?

I had already made my big purchases I was just looking for some good deals. I picked up Buzz PS3 brand new for $45 Buy it now with free shipping. After cashback that will be $31.50. Not a bad deal at all.

Purchased Mario Kart Wii and an official remote (both sealed) for $60+$4 shipping, $46 shipped after cash back. This fits my requirement that anything I buy has to be a deal to start with (before cashback), so I'm quite happy. It's not clear if the remote is a new one that comes with a jacket, but a great deal regardless. Isn't it possible to get Nintendo to ship a jacket for it for free if so?

Everything (including games) is coming up non eligible. It worked fine the other day and I have only done 2 purchases.

The only thing I don't like about it is that searching for something might not always bring up the 30%. For example, when I typed in "Guitar Hero World Tour", no ebay link came up. When I typed in "Guitar Hero Playstation 3", the 30% ebay link came up, but then I had to sift through a lot of auctions to find the Guitar Hero World Tour ones....

Hope this works. I bought a complete Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 for the PS2 for $100 ($70 in 30% cashback). Then I'm going to put my crappier GS used manual-less version up for a Buy It Now of around $75.

The seller doesn't have a Paypal account, so the payment is being processed. Should I expect to get my Cashback message after the payment has been claimed? Every time I've done it in the past, it's been instant, so I'm a little concerned.

EDIT: Nevermind, got my message and I did not have to wait for the payment to be claimed.

[quote name='sephiroth61787']The only thing I don't like about it is that searching for something might not always bring up the 30%. For example, when I typed in "Guitar Hero World Tour", no ebay link came up. When I typed in "Guitar Hero Playstation 3", the 30% ebay link came up, but then I had to sift through a lot of auctions to find the Guitar Hero World Tour ones....[/QUOTE]

Once you click through to ebay, you can run your own search. 30% applies to most BIN items. Some jewelry and other things don't get cashback. If the seller takes payment through a third party, that also invalidates the cashback, but a notice popped up letting me know. I just bought the same item (watch) from a valid seller.

[quote name='GuardianE']Hope this works. I bought a complete Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 for the PS2 for $100 ($70 in 30% cashback). Then I'm going to put my crappier GS used manual-less version up for a Buy It Now of around $75.

The seller doesn't have a Paypal account, so the payment is being processed. Should I expect to get my Cashback message after the payment has been claimed? Every time I've done it in the past, it's been instant, so I'm a little concerned.

EDIT: Nevermind, got my message and I did not have to wait for the payment to be claimed.[/quote]

poor guy
marvel x capcom 2 is coming to psn/Live and ps2/xbox very soon !!!!

[quote name='guicao']poor guy
marvel x capcom 2 is coming to psn/Live and ps2/xbox very soon !!!![/quote]

Hahah, thanks for your concern. I've heard the news. Don't worry. I'm a collector, so I want to keep a hard copy. This coupled with the fact that I'm actually making a small profit by doing this makes it worth doing for me.

I'm planning on auctioning off my multiple copies of MvC2 for XBox soon so they retain value before a relaunch as downloadable content.

Jumped on a Halo 360 I had been looking at for a while. Missed out on the Hot Topic deal, but scoring one using this promo for the same price! Already got my confirmation via eBay and signed up for my Live cashback account. Great deal!

Might have to pick up some other items on ebay before this ends (or decreases) again!

Picked up Super Mario RPG and a 100 pack of 14mm DVD cases, both at the standard eBay price. (Don't really have the money to be buying a new console, or anything in that price range.)

am i supposed to get a seperate email to my actual email address i have signed up for live with? i got the messages in my ebay, but when it sends me to the live sign in i dont see any cashback

[quote name='OneWingedAngeI']am i supposed to get a seperate email to my actual email address i have signed up for live with? i got the messages in my ebay, but when it sends me to the live sign in i dont see any cashback[/quote]

There's a delay, as they have to receive confirmation from eBay. This can take a few days.

Sweet deal. Assuming the cashback comes through without a hitch, picked up a copy of Little Big Planet for $38.50 shipped!

Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='ohvermie']Sweet deal. Assuming the cashback comes through without a hitch, picked up a copy of Little Big Planet for $38.50 shipped!

Thanks for the heads up![/quote]

im about to cancel my amazon pre-order and use this deal to get LBP instead

edit: wow.....i have terrible luck. i created my live.com account first and was about to put the order and the item was gone! now i have to settle for one thats gonna cost me 45 bucks

=(

Last edited by a moderator:
i got the YOU GOT CASH messages though Ebay but none of them are showing up in the MSFT account. Hopefully tomorrow or weds they will show. If not i will have to see what the hell is going on

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong... I search for something on live.com...Click on the 30% off on ebay sponsor link at the top...find something I want and click buy it now and I see NOTHING about any cashback before committing to buy. I've tried several different items and all give me the same result.

I've already been burned on this once cause I bought Dead Space but misread and thought I would get notification after committing to buy it, but nothing. That was my bad for misreading. But it's not working for me regardless.

Any help would be appreciated.

damn it where is the ebay link? i don't see the banner in anything i type in and search for (i know complete noob question please don't get out the torches, but pitchforks would be fine)

Cool, I was able to pick up a used 360 elite system for $240. And that's before the 30% off. And the guy claims it's in mint condition and has a 30 day return policy.
Not bad, an elite for $170.
Now if I can just find a cheap transfer kit. I'm hoping I can convince him to send me the serial number so I can send in for the free kit.

Wow. This 30% off deal is good for sellers too. I put my MGS4 bundle PS3 on ebay with a BIN price of $600 just to see what would happen. I had until Thursday to take it back for a refund so I thought I'd try. It sold! I'm netting $60 after fees and shipping.

I bought a new PS3 for $290 and MGS4 for $30. Total $320 for the "bundle" I'm having to replace.

That means I got a new 80 gig PS3 for $230! Add in the MGS4 game I had to buy to replace the one I'm selling and I'm still only spending $260 after cashback. Sweet deal. I lose BC and 2 USB ports but I could buy a new PS2 and a USB hub for that price and still come out $150 ahead.

This deal is sweet , wish i had paid attention earlier. Bought Saints Row 2, Fallout 3 and Guitar Hero World Tour Guitar Bundle. I'm gonna have somewhere around 66 dollars cash back on all those so I am pretty happy. Games for around 44 dollars each and guitar hero bundle for 70.

omg....it happened again! so i saw resistance 2 listed for $54 w/ free shipping, but got distracted by roomates for 30 minutes and it was gone by the time i came back. there were 4 copies too.

=(

SO does it sometimes take a day or so for the money to show up in as Pending?
My first 2 showed up in pending on the live site within a few minutes. But my 3rd purchase has not showed up yet.
At least they all showed up in the Ebay message section. I would hope that that means I'm pretty much covered.

Q: I don't see the cashback savings after I go to the store's site. Is it working?

A: Yes! When you click the Go to Store button on Live Search cashback and make an eligible purchase, the store will notify us and we will put your cashback savings in your account. Just in case your purchase is not properly reported, it's a good idea to save your order receipt. Go to top

Q: A cashback reward isn't showing up in my account. What should I do?

A: Most cashback rewards appear as pending within a day or two, but occasionally a store may take longer to tell us about an eligible purchase. If you made a purchase more than two days ago that isn't displayed in your cashback account, contact us with your purchase details. We'll get back to you just as soon as we can.

Your cashback reward might not be showing up in your account for other reasons:

Your transaction might have failed because of an error during the purchase. Contact the merchant directly to confirm that the purchase was processed. If the merchant confirms that the purchase was processed, contact us for further help.

You might not have finished activating your account if this was your first time making a purchase that is eligible for cashback. To finish activating your account, look for an e-mail message that you should have received and that included a link for activating your account. Do one of the following:
  • If you did not receive or cannot find the e-mail, click here to sign in and finish claiming your cashback.
  • If you still have the e-mail, sign out of your cashback account, click the link in the e-mail message to activate your account, and sign in using your existing cashback account. After signing in, the purchase should show within two days.
You might not have activated your eBay.com account if this is your first time making a purchase from eBay that is eligible for cashback. To activate your eBay.com account:
  1. Log out of your cashback account.
  2. Go to www.ebay.com, log in, and click My Messages.
  3. Look for an e-mail message from eBay with the subject, "You've earned cashback," and open it.
  4. Click the Get Cash Back button in the body of the e-mail message.
  5. When prompted to do so, log into the account you wish to associate all eBay cashback purchases with.
  6. After signing in, the purchase should show up in your account within two days.
NOTE: If you do not have an email from eBay, please contact eBay support for assistance. You may also want to review separate eBay terms and conditions to make sure that your eBay purchase was eligible for cashback savings.

Man, I'm really tempted to take advantage of this deal by getting a laptop, but I can't shake the feeling that there'll be better laptops around for the same price come Black Friday or Christmas.. Hmm. =\

can someone help me out here? I'm searching for an iphone and all i'm getting are jailbroken or unlocked ones.

I know how to unlock phones my damn self! I just want a regular 3G iphone that's legit and clean so I can buy it now and take that good 'ol 30% off.

So any help would be great...

Just got a 60GB PS3 in mint condition + 5 games (that I have no interest in) for $325 - 97.50 cash back + $15 shipping = $242.50.

The recent 30% off has been great so far...I nabbed a 20 GB mint PS3 for $160, a DS Lite for $40, and an 80 gb Zune for $70.

One item I used cashback for was returned and the cashback canceled. Does it still count against the 6-limit?

[quote name='caedeskhan']The recent 30% off has been great so far...I nabbed a 20 GB mint PS3 for $160, a DS Lite for $40, and an 80 gb Zune for $70.

One item I used cashback for was returned and the cashback canceled. Does it still count against the 6-limit?[/QUOTE]

I'd love to get a 20gb PS3 for $160! Any tips?

Crap. Just my luck, It looks like I made my 360 elite purchase with one of these people that take forever to respond to a general question (I was hoping he could send me the serial number so I coud get a head strart on sending for my free transfer kit from Microsoft). So, I'm guessing he'll be just as slow at responding to Microsoft live that the purchase was made. And thus it will take me a bunch of emails back and forth to Microsoft to try to get my 30%.
Thank you GuardianE for post 531. At least with the contact link, I'll be able to pursue this a bit. But I'll still give it another day or two before really getting up in arms about it.

[quote name='caedeskhan']Well, it is fairly competitive (there are some huge sellers that do this, as you will see)...but monitor newly listed auctions with low buy it nows. I've had some tremendous scores doing that.

For example, this is what I nabbed recently, among others:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110295799259&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=001

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220294831307&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=012[/QUOTE]
.....yea, i need YOUR help in finding me an iPhone, please!

you obviously know how to spot a deal!

bread's done
Back