BING Cashback for Ebay - Currently 8% [Now 40 Uses]

qwerty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Thought this was worthy of a new thread. Its back! And with a vengeance. As of this writing its at [see title]. Link

And for those that dont know, the amount of uses for this promotion seems to be doubling at a steady rate, now at 40 uses per account, and the maximum amount you can get back PER A SINGLE TRANSACTION was reduced from $250 to $200. The total culmulative cashback allowance is capped at $2,500.00 per calendar year.

How this works:

If you dont already know about this, its a very simple promotion offered by Microsoft in order to promote usage of their search engine live.com. All you have to do is go to www.live.com and search for something common, like "Wii" as in nintendo wii. In the Sponsored sites at the top you will see a link to Wii's on ebay with a small logo next to it that says Live Search Cash Back and below that "You may get xx% off paypal eligible". When you click on the cash back logo it takes you to ebay and BIN (Buy It Now) auctions for Wiis. From there you simply use the ebay search function to find the BIN auction for the item you desire and purchase it. When you click the BIN button prior to clicking on Commit to buy you should see a message below with the Cash Back you are eligible to recieve. Once you buy the auction pay for it with paypal and give it an hour. Eventually you'll get a message in your ebay account saying "You've earned cashback" simply click on it and follow the instructions. If you dont have one you'll be asked to create a live account. I believe most people will already have an existing live acct due to their Xbox, MSN, or Hotmail associations so feel free to use that if you like. This is quick, and thus far i havent gotten any spam due to it, nor have i read of anyone getting any spam. And thats it, 60 + 15 days later [they allow a buffer period incase you return what you bought] you can redeem the money.

So to summarize

1. use live.com search engine to find any product on ebay. Any keyword is as good as another, hence i used "wii" as an example.

2. Once activating the link use ebay.com to browse for the Buy It Now auction you desire and purchase and pay with paypal. Wait until you get a message from ebay and get your cash back with your live account. This can take a few hours.

3. ~75 days later its in your pocket. [60 days before you can redeem and then an additional 2 weeks before it actually transfers into your paypal account]

Again this is just a promotion by MS to promote use of their search engine, theres no catch. You dont have to promise your first born nor random legs or limbs. Its as simple as it sounds.

Some things to note

-This promotion is limited to only US residents.

-You must pay with paypal and it must be a BIN auction.

-It takes about 75 days to recieve the actual money which will be in the form of a FEE FREE deposit into your paypal account. From there you can spend it or transfer it into your checking or simply request a check.

-If you return the item you purchased and used the promotion on you LOSE the refund.

-This is only valid for Ebay user/store auctions on Ebay.com. No live auction or ebay motors etc.. Though i think you can get away with buying international auctions you're watching on ebay.com. I also noticed that this works if you're offered a "Second chance" on an item you bid on since it turns the auction into a BIN.

-You may only use this a maximum of 40 times per ebay account per person. A few people are reporting success using different ebay accounts with the same cashback account in order to achieve more than 20 uses. YMMV.

-Maximum of $200 back PER AUCTION [$2,500 Cap per account] and the percent savings does vary and can change without notice.

Rest of the terms are here:
http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html

I recommend at least skimming them. Enjoy.

Couple additions

"Instant" Cashback is now available. However, to quote "Instant cashback will be eligible for some, but not all users." Its unknown what the criteria is to be "eligible". I would not suggest you make a purchase unless you dont mind waiting.

Ebay/Paypal Coupons WILL stack with this. The amount is deducted off the full auction value. IE 10% Coupon applied to $100 purchase will save you $10. If the Cashback percent is 25% you will still get $25 additional back for a total savings of $35. Usually the Ebay/Paypal coupons have a maximum savings of $100 for a maximum total of $300 saved on any single purchase. This also stacks with other promotions run by Bigcrumb/ebates where you can earn some more money back based on an items selling fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='campbelld']Is it dead for everyone or just me?[/quote]

[quote name='torifile']Dead here too. :( Damn.[/quote]

If you searching with only the link given, then yeah, the ebay live cashback won't appear. But try changing the search, I check and typing in 'Gold Clock' brought the live cashback ebay link.

So, if the cashback link doesn't appear when clicking the link in the first post, just try using Gold Clock, or try typing various stuff and it'll most likely appear.

[quote name='daknight']If you searching with only the link given, then yeah, the ebay live cashback won't appear. But try changing the search, I check and typing in 'Gold Clock' brought the live cashback ebay link.

So, if the cashback link doesn't appear when clicking the link in the first post, just try using Gold Clock, or try typing various stuff and it'll most likely appear.[/quote]
I don't use the link in any posts. I just go to live.com. I search for "PS3" and it has *always* worked for me. From there, I click the ebay link and every other BIN item is now eligible. I've never had it not work for the maximum amount available.

edit: I just tried "gold watch" and it worked again.

I was having trouble too ("gold watch" didn't get me anywhere either) but I was successfully be searching for "PS3" three or four times -- eventually the ebay cashback link showed up.

I never question this in the beginning b/c things just work.

How the hell Live.com confirm that your rebate is good to go? That is, changing from Pending to Available... Live.com has no knowledge of returns and listing cancellations etc... eBay must feed the data to Live.com right? This means our cash back approval is really in eBay's hand.

My purchases are all Pending right now and i feel pretty safe. However, i heard that some people getting e-mails from eBay saying their sellers' listings were canceled, but the transaction is already complete! My common sense telling me that, the cash back will not go through, since the transaction is no longer in the system (even though it took place). So those buyers' cash backs are screwed? Most likely so I think...

[quote name='Serpentor']I never question this in the beginning b/c things just work.

How the hell Live.com confirm that your rebate is good to go? That is, changing from Pending to Available... Live.com has no knowledge of returns and listing cancellations etc... eBay must feed the data to Live.com right? This means our cash back approval is really in eBay's hand.

My purchases are all Pending right now and i feel pretty safe. However, i heard that some people getting e-mails from eBay saying their sellers' listings were canceled, but the transaction is already complete! My common sense telling me that, the cash back will not go through, since the transaction is no longer in the system (even though it took place). So those buyers' cash backs are screwed? Most likely so I think...[/QUOTE]
I doubt it. After each transaction, I've gotten an email from Live Search Cashback with the amount that they are going to give me. Since you have to pay through paypal, they can't say that you got a refund because it would really easy to check on that. This would be a PR disaster for ebay and MS. Could it happen? Sure, but not systematically. Just make sure you hold on to those emails from live.com.

So, I got the link to work. I spent $50 and ebay sent me a message saying I was going to get cash back. I clicked the link they told me to, but my live search says $0 even in the pending section :

[quote name='Flea']So, I got the link to work. I spent $50 and ebay sent me a message saying I was going to get cash back. I clicked the link they told me to, but my live search says $0 even in the pending section :

all, its not dead. Seems to be a bit more random coming up as a result in the search query. Do a few searches on the same terms that worked before and it should show up. At least thats what it was doing earlier. If it isnt showing up after 5 searches or so it could be 'asleep' again so to speak. It would be about the fith time its done this so it most likely will be back again soon.

[quote name='MikeIsGood']I'll be getting a brand new TV, MSRP $800 (doesn't sell for that much anymore because of the economy), for ~ $480. Okay, but really - I need to stop spending money. This is my last purchase.

Real excited, though. One of the best 32" LCDs out there. I wanted to wait awhile, but my TV is going to hell and I wanted to take advantage of this deal.[/quote]

Which TV was it, I'm looking for a 32-37 inch LCD and I'm currently leaning to the Samsung LN32A450, but another opinion would be great.

So this is not a scam thing at all to get your credit card numbers or anything or account info is it?

If not I may have to check into this

[quote name='A_FITZ']So this is not a scam thing at all to get your credit card numbers or anything or account info is it?

If not I may have to check into this[/QUOTE]

indeed it's a scam. And this thread is just 63 pages of us saying it's a scam

jk..

[quote name='Oktoberfest']indeed it's a scam. And this thread is just 63 pages of us saying it's a scam[/QUOTE]

Co-sign. We've been talking for a few months about how many people keep falling for this trick.

FWIW, I'll be getting close to $300 back.

I am hoping this comes back at some point soon. Without a good netbook sale for Black Friday I may opt for one with the discount off of Ebay. Even if it doesn't I have close to $400 coming back to me.

I have got to work with "PS3", just keep refreshing.

Also, everybody needs to check their My Ebay page, some people, including me, are getting 10% off coupon codes.

[quote name='darthbudge']I have got to work with "PS3", just keep refreshing.

Also, everybody needs to check their My Ebay page, some people, including me, are getting 10% off coupon codes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah exactly about that 10% code. I actually just used this live cashback thing for the first time (hope I did everything right) I searched for "cheap wii" followed the link, saw the banner on the top page, found a brand new sealed uncharted drakes fortune for $38.00 -3.80 with that 10% off 100.00 code -9.50 from live search (has not showed up on my live.com account yet but from what I have read on here, it may not for a while)

One quick question though. Does all your info have to match between your ebay account, paypal account, and live account? My e-mail addy for ebay and paypal are the same, but I use a different one for the live.com account. Will that affect anything?

I also just used it over at deepdiscount.com (live discount for deepdiscount 4%) during thier big sale and got another 16ish dollars back from my 304.00 order. That one showed up RIGHT AWAY in my live account.

[quote name='Synergy']it's back again for me.. 25%[/quote]

I can get the link on the live.com page but it is not coming through with the banner on the Ebay page...

I finally found it and got it to work for me and bought a netbook about 10 minutes ago. Now I can't get it to come up again. It wasn't working this morning for sure. Hopefully I can get it back to make my last order. If not oh well.

Ok, I just purchased an HDTV on Ebay with the coupon and cashback. Will the Cashback appear as pending in my live cashback account? or will it just appear someday?

I thought it would show up as pending immediately, but it as been several hours and still nothing.

[quote name='darthbudge']Ok, I just purchased an HDTV on Ebay with the coupon and cashback. Will the Cashback appear as pending in my live cashback account? or will it just appear someday?

I thought it would show up as pending immediately, but it as been several hours and still nothing.[/quote]

What did you use for the search to get the coupon to come up?

[quote name='xnonfactor']What did you use for the search to get the coupon to come up?[/quote]

"PS3".

You just might have to refresh the search several times, it doesn't appear every time.

[quote name='xnonfactor']What did you use for the search to get the coupon to come up?[/QUOTE]

I just bought a few games today and i used "cheap gold" "cheap silver" "cheap ds" "cheap psp" Good luck

I have been searching on and off for the last few hours.....nothing. I hope they will bring back something before Black Friday I have a DSLR to buy.

[quote name='mrmagoo1974']I just bought a few games today and i used "cheap gold" "cheap silver" "cheap ds" "cheap psp" Good luck[/quote]

Tried all of those and a bunch of other phrases without any luck.

no go for me. they probably saw the flood that sites like this create and pulled it, maybe. hopefully theyll bring it back again. but as of edit time, still not working.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back