BING Cashback for Ebay - Currently 8% [Now 40 Uses]

qwerty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Thought this was worthy of a new thread. Its back! And with a vengeance. As of this writing its at [see title]. Link

And for those that dont know, the amount of uses for this promotion seems to be doubling at a steady rate, now at 40 uses per account, and the maximum amount you can get back PER A SINGLE TRANSACTION was reduced from $250 to $200. The total culmulative cashback allowance is capped at $2,500.00 per calendar year.

How this works:

If you dont already know about this, its a very simple promotion offered by Microsoft in order to promote usage of their search engine live.com. All you have to do is go to www.live.com and search for something common, like "Wii" as in nintendo wii. In the Sponsored sites at the top you will see a link to Wii's on ebay with a small logo next to it that says Live Search Cash Back and below that "You may get xx% off paypal eligible". When you click on the cash back logo it takes you to ebay and BIN (Buy It Now) auctions for Wiis. From there you simply use the ebay search function to find the BIN auction for the item you desire and purchase it. When you click the BIN button prior to clicking on Commit to buy you should see a message below with the Cash Back you are eligible to recieve. Once you buy the auction pay for it with paypal and give it an hour. Eventually you'll get a message in your ebay account saying "You've earned cashback" simply click on it and follow the instructions. If you dont have one you'll be asked to create a live account. I believe most people will already have an existing live acct due to their Xbox, MSN, or Hotmail associations so feel free to use that if you like. This is quick, and thus far i havent gotten any spam due to it, nor have i read of anyone getting any spam. And thats it, 60 + 15 days later [they allow a buffer period incase you return what you bought] you can redeem the money.

So to summarize

1. use live.com search engine to find any product on ebay. Any keyword is as good as another, hence i used "wii" as an example.

2. Once activating the link use ebay.com to browse for the Buy It Now auction you desire and purchase and pay with paypal. Wait until you get a message from ebay and get your cash back with your live account. This can take a few hours.

3. ~75 days later its in your pocket. [60 days before you can redeem and then an additional 2 weeks before it actually transfers into your paypal account]

Again this is just a promotion by MS to promote use of their search engine, theres no catch. You dont have to promise your first born nor random legs or limbs. Its as simple as it sounds.

Some things to note

-This promotion is limited to only US residents.

-You must pay with paypal and it must be a BIN auction.

-It takes about 75 days to recieve the actual money which will be in the form of a FEE FREE deposit into your paypal account. From there you can spend it or transfer it into your checking or simply request a check.

-If you return the item you purchased and used the promotion on you LOSE the refund.

-This is only valid for Ebay user/store auctions on Ebay.com. No live auction or ebay motors etc.. Though i think you can get away with buying international auctions you're watching on ebay.com. I also noticed that this works if you're offered a "Second chance" on an item you bid on since it turns the auction into a BIN.

-You may only use this a maximum of 40 times per ebay account per person. A few people are reporting success using different ebay accounts with the same cashback account in order to achieve more than 20 uses. YMMV.

-Maximum of $200 back PER AUCTION [$2,500 Cap per account] and the percent savings does vary and can change without notice.

Rest of the terms are here:
http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html

I recommend at least skimming them. Enjoy.

Couple additions

"Instant" Cashback is now available. However, to quote "Instant cashback will be eligible for some, but not all users." Its unknown what the criteria is to be "eligible". I would not suggest you make a purchase unless you dont mind waiting.

Ebay/Paypal Coupons WILL stack with this. The amount is deducted off the full auction value. IE 10% Coupon applied to $100 purchase will save you $10. If the Cashback percent is 25% you will still get $25 additional back for a total savings of $35. Usually the Ebay/Paypal coupons have a maximum savings of $100 for a maximum total of $300 saved on any single purchase. This also stacks with other promotions run by Bigcrumb/ebates where you can earn some more money back based on an items selling fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, I definitely did that, because the banner went away after I bought each item. But I just added my paypal account to my cash back account yesterday, maybe that's why they haven't added them. I also got four cash back messages. Maybe they will still add them, I was going to contact Microsoft and they have this posted
Your purchase will appear in your cash back account within 48 hours.
edit.
I just checked my order details for the actions and they have the cash back amount in them.

Looks like something is broken with this at the moment...

You can still do alive search and get the 25% link, but when you get over to ebay, there is no cashback icon at the top of the page, or when you try to buy an item. Probably just a temporary thing. Can anyone else confirm this? Me and 2 other people have this issue now, in different locations.

Also, it looks like they upgraded a few things yesterday. Like someone said, you now see your cashback amounts in live very quickly, just a few hours or less. Also, you don't have to click a "Claim Your Cashback" button in the ebay message after the auction. It's automatic now, probably if you purchased things already this way.

We'll see, hopefully the issue is just temporary.

Finally giving this a shot trying to get some hard to find toys for Christmas and i can't get it to work either. Hope it's up soon, a good deal was just listed. :bomb:

[quote name='gamer1233']Hey guys, I am having some trouble getting my cash back to show up, I ordered four things on Saturday and I got four you've earned cash back messages. So I created my live id and cash back account after the first message by clicking get cash back and then I bought three more things and they still are not showing up, I spent over $400.00 so I am getting kind of worried. I purchased something last night and I got a message that I am eligible for cash back, instead of the I earned it message. The cash back showed up right away for that, so I hope I am not screw out of my other four purchases. Anyone think I should contact ebay? I guess it hasn't been 48 hours yet, will be in about nine hours. Thanks[/quote]

I had the same thing happen to me on a purchase I made on Saturday. This leads me to believe something went wrong between Saturday until the banner came back. I e-mailed Microsoft yesterday and got a response in less than 24 hours. They are getting it straightened out with Ebay. I got worried as well after the cashback didn't show up on that purchase but for a purchase of a Digital Camera on Monday showed up almost immediately. I don't think Ebay would be able to shed any light on that, but MS seems to be on top of these things.

[quote name='schnuerle']Looks like something is broken with this at the moment...

You can still do alive search and get the 25% link, but when you get over to ebay, there is no cashback icon at the top of the page, or when you try to buy an item. Probably just a temporary thing. Can anyone else confirm this? Me and 2 other people have this issue now, in different locations.

Also, it looks like they upgraded a few things yesterday. Like someone said, you now see your cashback amounts in live very quickly, just a few hours or less. Also, you don't have to click a "Claim Your Cashback" button in the ebay message after the auction. It's automatic now, probably if you purchased things already this way.

We'll see, hopefully the issue is just temporary.[/quote]

Same thing happening to me. Hopefully will be fixed later today.

I know this was discussed earlier in the thread but couldn't find it. Do you have to choose something in Ebay to be able to receive coupons or are the Paypal coupons just random?

[quote name='xnonfactor']I had the same thing happen to me on a purchase I made on Saturday. This leads me to believe something went wrong between Saturday until the banner came back. I e-mailed Microsoft yesterday and got a response in less than 24 hours. They are getting it straightened out with Ebay. I got worried as well after the cashback didn't show up on that purchase but for a purchase of a Digital Camera on Monday showed up almost immediately. I don't think Ebay would be able to shed any light on that, but MS seems to be on top of these things.[/quote]Ah ok, thanks for letting me know :), I will just wait a few more days to see if they add the transactions, and I will post here when they put them on my account.

[quote name='schnuerle']Looks like something is broken with this at the moment...

We'll see, hopefully the issue is just temporary.[/quote]
Last night it wouldn't show up for me until I went to my ebay then searched for something. Not sure if that's what is happening, I will try right now to see if that's the case.
edit
That worked for me, showed up in my ebay, but when I searched for something it disappeared, then when I clicked on a buy it now item it showed up.

I switched to the new eBay search (there's a link on the search page when you click on an eBay cashback link from Live. The cashback link still doesn't show up, on the search results page, but when I go to the item description, the cashback link is there. I just bought an item (3 of 12), and it gave me the cash back, so it seems to be working.

Edit: works under the old search as well, cashback still doesn't show up until I go to the auction item page.

The Cashback banner at eBay is BACK as of about 20 minutes ago.

If you don's see it on the search results page at eBay, click on the item you want and it should show up on the confirmation page.

[quote name='gamer1233']Hey guys, I am having some trouble getting my cash back to show up, I ordered four things on Saturday and I got four you've earned cash back messages. So I created my live id and cash back account after the first message by clicking get cash back and then I bought three more things and they still are not showing up, I spent over $400.00 so I am getting kind of worried. I purchased something last night and I got a message that I am eligible for cash back, instead of the I earned it message. The cash back showed up right away for that, so I hope I am not screw out of my other four purchases. Anyone think I should contact ebay? I guess it hasn't been 48 hours yet, will be in about nine hours. Thanks[/QUOTE]

I just got home from work and I could not believe it when i read this message. :shock: The same EXACT thing happened/is happening to me now!!!!

I finally tried this whole cashback thing for the first time saturday. I bought 3 games on saturday afternoon. Seperate auctions, closed browsers opened new ones i got the banner on every auction, plus when i paid with paypal, i got another message showing my cash back ect ect. As of now i never received any e-mails and nothing showed up on live.com, however I did receive a message for each transaction n the "my messages" section of ebay. I know I know your going to say be patient, but heres the thing, just like "GAMER" above I also bought something on monday. It showed up practiacally immediately as pending on the live.com account page i never got a message through ebay, but I DID get a regular message through live.com to my home email. Why did everything for mondays transaction show up IMMEDIATELY and seem to go VERY smoothly, while saturdays 3 items are not showing up ?

Should "gamer" and I be worried about saturday?

[quote name='mrmagoo1974']I just got home from work and I could not believe it when i read this message. :shock: The same EXACT thing happened/is happening to me now!!!!

I finally tried this whole cashback thing for the first time saturday. I bought 3 games on saturday afternoon. Seperate auctions, closed browsers opened new ones i got the banner on every auction, plus when i paid with paypal, i got another message showing my cash back ect ect. As of now i never received any e-mails and nothing showed up on live.com, however I did receive a message for each transaction n the "my messages" section of ebay. I know I know your going to say be patient, but heres the thing, just like "GAMER" above I also bought something on monday. It showed up practiacally immediately as pending on the live.com account page i never got a message through ebay, but I DID get a regular message through live.com to my home email. Why did everything for mondays transaction show up IMMEDIATELY and seem to go VERY smoothly, while saturdays 3 items are not showing up ?

Should "gamer" and I be worried about saturday?[/quote]

What SHOULD happen is your cashback shows as pending on m$'s site as soon as you click get cashback. Are you saying that you click 'get cashback' and it doesn't do anything? What exactly are you seeing after you click that button, and make sure you click that exact button for every auction right after payment.

[quote name='joshr915']What SHOULD happen is your cashback shows as pending on m$'s site as soon as you click get cashback. Are you saying that you click 'get cashback' and it doesn't do anything? What exactly are you seeing after you click that button, and make sure you click that exact button for every auction right after payment.[/QUOTE]

Yes i clicked all three of those buttons saturday as I received the messages, which took quite a while. When I clicked on them, it took me to my live.com account I logged in and it showed my pending cashback list, but the only one that was on there was the one i used for my deepdiscount.com order. NONE of my ebay ones showed up Saturday or today (except for that order I placed monday which ironically I didnt receive a "get cashback" email for...LOL)

[quote name='mrmagoo1974']Yes i clicked all three of those buttons saturday as I received the messages, which took quite a while. When I clicked on them, it took me to my live.com account I logged in and it showed my pending cashback list, but the only one that was on there was the one i used for my deepdiscount.com order. NONE of my ebay ones showed up Saturday or today (except for that order I placed monday which ironically I didnt receive a "get cashback" email for...LOL)[/quote]I clicked all of my get cash back buttons as well, did you read xnonfactor's post? Hopefully the response he got from Microsoft is true and we get the cash back posted, I spent the most money on Saturday; four games and a pro 360 holiday bundle, so I really hope they fix it lol.

Did they change the system for Live Cashback? I just bought a cheaper game (got $3.75 back) and got a Live cashback email a few minutes later. In my account, it says for this order:

Your cashback reward will be deposited or sent in 59 days. You won't need to request it.

I ordered something else a few weeks ago and for that one it says I'll have to request the cashback when it becomes available.

So did they just get rid of having to request cashback or if the cashback is under $5, do they just automatically send it to your paypal account?

Hey i finally did this on a 32GB ipod touch. I went to the e-mail that stated that you are eligible for cash back and the get cash back link directs me to the login to EBAY FRANCE!!!! It would be kind of funny if it wasn't happening to me I have a live account so right now I'm stumped?! Any ideas? any experience this?

I'm getting errors (during checkout) saying that items are not eligible for cashback because the seller requires a third-party checkout (when this isn't the case). Seems glitchy at the moment - guess I'll try again later.

[quote name='gkrykewy']I'm getting errors (during checkout) saying that items are not eligible for cashback because the seller requires a third-party checkout (when this isn't the case). Seems glitchy at the moment - guess I'll try again later.[/quote]

There are two major checkouts vs regular Payapl... then there are ones that force the buyer to checkout through a link and then can't be verified to pay through paypal.

be sure that's the problem first... I bought something today just fine, yesterday too, just didn't see the banner till I was AT the item I wanted to buy.

[quote name='Plinko']I've got to stop using this thing.[/quote]

lol, my gf and i were bought a hand full of items in a row. We kept asking, "what else can i buy?" It kind of seemed like live was giving away free stuff.

[quote name='asthmatic']lol, my gf and i were bought a hand full of items in a row. We kept asking, "what else can i buy?" It kind of seemed like live was giving away free stuff.[/quote]

free?....i dont know about that..........just dont bankrupt yourself :p

I recently downloaded the Live Search toolbar, has a lot of nice features. When you come across an item that is included in their search a button pops up showing a deal for it, its neat!

i heard an eBay ad on 1010 wins this morning... "up to 30% off on eBay..." I didn't hear Live or anything, but i'm guessing it's referring to the Live search cash back promotion. If not, then this "up to 30%" promotion combines with Live's 25%, that would be deal of the year! Well, assuming they're not the same deal and can be stacked...

I heard a ebay commercial on the radio saying 30% off and free shipping, now that would be good for sure~:bouncy:

I know I can't use this to buy a CAR on eBay motors, but what about other car related products? I'm looking for a battery jumpstart kit, and a lot of the auction results I get on regular eBay actually show up under eBay Motors once I follow the links. Would these be excluded from the deal?

Bought some points last night and got the cashback right away. That was certainly a nice surprise. Now if they'd let me get the rest of the cashback I'm waiting on I'd be happy. :)

Has anybody ever had to contact M$ before about issues regarding missing cashback? How long did it take them to respond? It has been about 5 days now since I purchased my HDTV and still nothing shows up under my pending cashback, so I sent them an email with all my info a day or two ago and they haven't replied yet. It is getting me pretty worried because I would be getting $200 cashback and I was really counting on it.

Apparently people are getting 10% or 15% coupons from eBay (usually the inactive users). Which can be stacked with the live cash back... Not bad deal if you can get that to work. I didn't get the e-mail, and i'm max'd out anyway (only one account, i don't have a second or third).

[quote name='BustaUppa']I know I can't use this to buy a CAR on eBay motors, but what about other car related products? I'm looking for a battery jumpstart kit, and a lot of the auction results I get on regular eBay actually show up under eBay Motors once I follow the links. Would these be excluded from the deal?[/quote]

Why can't you buy a car? Are they excluded? It seems like as long as you kept the price close to $800 you'd be able to get the full $200 back.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Why can't you buy a car? Are they excluded? It seems like as long as you kept the price close to $800 you'd be able to get the full $200 back.[/QUOTE]I forget where I saw it but I remember reading somewhere that cars weren't eligible. And since my memory is foggy I don't remember if it was the entire eBay Motors site that wasn't eligible, or just cars specifically.

[quote name='BustaUppa']I forget where I saw it but I remember reading somewhere that cars weren't eligible. And since my memory is foggy I don't remember if it was the entire eBay Motors site that wasn't eligible, or just cars specifically.[/quote]

Oh ok.. well clowns are generally trustworthy so I trust you... clown. :p

Check #5 here: http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html?_trksid=m38

Limitations
Only certain items selected by eBay from time to time in its sole discretion will be eligible for Cashback Rewards. eBay will notify you on the purchase review page of the Buy-It-Now transaction process if the item you wish to purchase is not eligible. Please review the purchase review page carefully before you commit to buy an item. Please note, the following will always be ineligible for Cashback Rewards: purchases that are completed on www.express.ebay.com or www.half.ebay.com; purchases of automobiles or other vehicles; purchases of real estate. Cashback Rewards cannot be transferred or applied to multiple eBay.com accounts.

One the flip side of this deal - as a seller, I'm fucking sick of paypal. I've been an ebay member for 8 years and I don't have a single negative feedback. I've been a verified premier member on paypal for 3 years. And I've still got to put up with this "ebay item hold" bullshit. I've shipped about $1500 worth of stuff without having the money in my account because of this. Yes, I've gotten all but $400 of it deposited already, but this is ridiculous. I'm done with paypal.

As a seller, that is. I'm all about milking this deal as a buyer. :lol:

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Bought some points last night and got the cashback right away. That was certainly a nice surprise. Now if they'd let me get the rest of the cashback I'm waiting on I'd be happy. :)[/QUOTE]

You mean they already sent you the money, or they just put it up to process right away?

[quote name='torifile']One the flip side of this deal - as a seller, I'm fucking sick of paypal. I've been an ebay member for 8 years and I don't have a single negative feedback. I've been a verified premier member on paypal for 3 years. And I've still got to put up with this "ebay item hold" bullshit. I've shipped about $1500 worth of stuff without having the money in my account because of this. Yes, I've gotten all but $400 of it deposited already, but this is ridiculous. I'm done with paypal.

As a seller, that is. I'm all about milking this deal as a buyer. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I'm increasingly annoyed with Ebay as well... the feedback rules, selling fees, and odd restrictions have greatly changed (for the worse) since I originally joined back in 1998.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I'm increasingly annoyed with Ebay as well... the feedback rules, selling fees, and odd restrictions have greatly changed (for the worse) since I originally joined back in 1998.[/quote]

Actually, as a buyer on eBay, I particularly like one of the changes made to the feedback rules. I like how you don't have to be afraid of repercussions of a seller holding your feedback hostage and leaving you with negative feedback if you leave them negative feedback.

On the flip side, since I do sell on eBay occassionally, it is pretty stupid that you can't leave negative feedback for the buyer even if it's legitimate (at least that's what I got when I briefly skimmed the new rules).

I don't suppose this promo works with half.com does it? I just receved a 15% off coupon "from ebay" to use at half.com anytime before 12-4-08. If i could use it in conjuction with this promo, i think I could have some serious fun :)

Also, to the people that bought stuff last saturday using this promo that had the same problems I did with the purchases never showing up in thier live.com account, did any of you get that resolved. I put in a seperate claim to live.com on tuesday for all three games I bought and have not heard anything back yet (even though it said they would get back to me in 48 hours)

What happens when there's an error? Should I wait on that page?

It says "You must click the Get cashback button below to create or access your Microsoft cashback account" and when I click on the button, it leads me to an eBay page with an error message on it.

It turns out I didn't need to click that button because they sent me a message anyway.

[quote name='torifile']One the flip side of this deal - as a seller, I'm fucking sick of paypal. I've been an ebay member for 8 years and I don't have a single negative feedback. I've been a verified premier member on paypal for 3 years. And I've still got to put up with this "ebay item hold" bullshit. I've shipped about $1500 worth of stuff without having the money in my account because of this. Yes, I've gotten all but $400 of it deposited already, but this is ridiculous. I'm done with paypal.

As a seller, that is. I'm all about milking this deal as a buyer. :lol:[/QUOTE]

What are you selling that's causing you to get holds? I've been selling tons of stuff lately, and that hasn't happened to me.

[quote name='Mugen Power']Actually, as a buyer on eBay, I particularly like one of the changes made to the feedback rules. I like how you don't have to be afraid of repercussions of a seller holding your feedback hostage and leaving you with negative feedback if you leave them negative feedback.

On the flip side, since I do sell on eBay occassionally, it is pretty stupid that you can't leave negative feedback for the buyer even if it's legitimate (at least that's what I got when I briefly skimmed the new rules).[/QUOTE]

Since they changed the rules, as a seller, I just stopped leaving feedback altogether, unless the buyer gives me feedback first. There's no reason I should inflate someone's feedback for them simply clicking a BIN button and getting no feedback in return. Good job! You know how to buy items on the net!

I've bent over backwards for some people and still ended up with a couple neutrals and even two negs over the past 10 years. Some people just don't get it. I have nearly 400 at 100% (got the negs wiped), so I don't sweat feedback anymore.

On a somewhat related note, I found something I wanted to buy the other day for a measly $10 (score!), clicked the auction and they wanted $29 in shipping. This was for a piece of clothing! Sellers like that should get reprimanded in some way. That's fucking ridiculous.

[quote name='gkrykewy']What are you selling that's causing you to get holds? I've been selling tons of stuff lately, and that hasn't happened to me.[/QUOTE]
It's anything over $100. I sold a PS3, an LCD and an Amazon Kindle.

Just bought 50 DVD+R DL's for $30. Score!

:edit: the 10% off code someone mentioned is CHOLIDAYNOV2008, valid until the 28th of this month.[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Just bought 50 DVD+R DL's for $30. Score!

:edit: the 10% off code someone mentioned is CHOLIDAYNOV2008, valid until the 28th of this month.[/quote]

I don't think this applies for everyone.. just the people who received the eBay message about it.

bread's done
Back