BING Cashback for Ebay - Currently 8% [Now 40 Uses]

qwerty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Thought this was worthy of a new thread. Its back! And with a vengeance. As of this writing its at [see title]. Link

And for those that dont know, the amount of uses for this promotion seems to be doubling at a steady rate, now at 40 uses per account, and the maximum amount you can get back PER A SINGLE TRANSACTION was reduced from $250 to $200. The total culmulative cashback allowance is capped at $2,500.00 per calendar year.

How this works:

If you dont already know about this, its a very simple promotion offered by Microsoft in order to promote usage of their search engine live.com. All you have to do is go to www.live.com and search for something common, like "Wii" as in nintendo wii. In the Sponsored sites at the top you will see a link to Wii's on ebay with a small logo next to it that says Live Search Cash Back and below that "You may get xx% off paypal eligible". When you click on the cash back logo it takes you to ebay and BIN (Buy It Now) auctions for Wiis. From there you simply use the ebay search function to find the BIN auction for the item you desire and purchase it. When you click the BIN button prior to clicking on Commit to buy you should see a message below with the Cash Back you are eligible to recieve. Once you buy the auction pay for it with paypal and give it an hour. Eventually you'll get a message in your ebay account saying "You've earned cashback" simply click on it and follow the instructions. If you dont have one you'll be asked to create a live account. I believe most people will already have an existing live acct due to their Xbox, MSN, or Hotmail associations so feel free to use that if you like. This is quick, and thus far i havent gotten any spam due to it, nor have i read of anyone getting any spam. And thats it, 60 + 15 days later [they allow a buffer period incase you return what you bought] you can redeem the money.

So to summarize

1. use live.com search engine to find any product on ebay. Any keyword is as good as another, hence i used "wii" as an example.

2. Once activating the link use ebay.com to browse for the Buy It Now auction you desire and purchase and pay with paypal. Wait until you get a message from ebay and get your cash back with your live account. This can take a few hours.

3. ~75 days later its in your pocket. [60 days before you can redeem and then an additional 2 weeks before it actually transfers into your paypal account]

Again this is just a promotion by MS to promote use of their search engine, theres no catch. You dont have to promise your first born nor random legs or limbs. Its as simple as it sounds.

Some things to note

-This promotion is limited to only US residents.

-You must pay with paypal and it must be a BIN auction.

-It takes about 75 days to recieve the actual money which will be in the form of a FEE FREE deposit into your paypal account. From there you can spend it or transfer it into your checking or simply request a check.

-If you return the item you purchased and used the promotion on you LOSE the refund.

-This is only valid for Ebay user/store auctions on Ebay.com. No live auction or ebay motors etc.. Though i think you can get away with buying international auctions you're watching on ebay.com. I also noticed that this works if you're offered a "Second chance" on an item you bid on since it turns the auction into a BIN.

-You may only use this a maximum of 40 times per ebay account per person. A few people are reporting success using different ebay accounts with the same cashback account in order to achieve more than 20 uses. YMMV.

-Maximum of $200 back PER AUCTION [$2,500 Cap per account] and the percent savings does vary and can change without notice.

Rest of the terms are here:
http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html

I recommend at least skimming them. Enjoy.

Couple additions

"Instant" Cashback is now available. However, to quote "Instant cashback will be eligible for some, but not all users." Its unknown what the criteria is to be "eligible". I would not suggest you make a purchase unless you dont mind waiting.

Ebay/Paypal Coupons WILL stack with this. The amount is deducted off the full auction value. IE 10% Coupon applied to $100 purchase will save you $10. If the Cashback percent is 25% you will still get $25 additional back for a total savings of $35. Usually the Ebay/Paypal coupons have a maximum savings of $100 for a maximum total of $300 saved on any single purchase. This also stacks with other promotions run by Bigcrumb/ebates where you can earn some more money back based on an items selling fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='whymustiregister']Got the Cyber Monday 10% off coupon showing up in My eBay under my secondary account. Didn't get an e-mail about it, just happened to check for it. There was a Coupons box floating under the Announcements box. Now to decide what to buy. ;)[/QUOTE]

I have never gotten one yet... I will have to check this.

GRAAAAAH just checked my ebay messages. While they hadnt emailed me a code there was one in my message box and it expired yesterday. fucking hell I would have gotten a PS3 too........

The hell? I've been an eBay member in good standing since freaking 1999, and I've not once, ever gotten a coupon.

Oh well, I did use the current 30% cash back on a new Logitech Harmony remote. Been wanting to get one for a while but didn't quite fancy spending upwards of $100. $53 after cash back is much, much better. :D

I contacted ebay about the coupon and me missing it and the lady said to try contacting their marketing people that they probably will give me another coupon. If this works I will tell you guys so you can try it.

Man.....if this works I dont know if I am going to be able to pass on a new PS3. I mean a PS3 for $200 or under........it doesn't have enough good games, my backlog is huge and I need to save money. But that is the best price I will get on a PS3 probably till next Christmas and I REALLY want to play R&C.

[quote name='MSI Magus']I mean a PS3 for $200 or under........it doesn't have enough good games, my backlog is huge and I need to save money. [/quote]

haha, I feel that way about 360! Everything is third party!
I plan on buying one for Gears, Viva Pinata, Fable II, Left for Dead, and Mass Effect...but all those games are already on PC or will be (fable ii is rumored). On the other hand on PS3 there's MGS4, LBP, Motorstorm, Resistance 2, Warhawk, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank, Wipeout, Super Stardust HD, PixelJunk Monsters, Tekken Dark Resurrection...i'm really not sure why people think 360 is the one with the games.

I mean really, besides the games I said I was going to get, what does the 360 have that PS3 doesn't?
mywhitenoise
DSC02214.jpg

you can add Bioshock and Dead Space to that picture.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']haha, I feel that way about 360! Everything is third party!
I plan on buying one for Gears, Viva Pinata, Fable II, Left for Dead, and Mass Effect...but all those games are already on PC or will be (fable ii is rumored). On the other hand on PS3 there's MGS4, LBP, Motorstorm, Resistance 2, Warhawk, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank, Wipeout, Super Stardust HD, PixelJunk Monsters, Tekken Dark Resurrection...i'm really not sure why people think 360 is the one with the games.

I mean really, besides the games I said I was going to get, what does the 360 have that PS3 doesn't?
mywhitenoise

you can add Bioshock and Dead Space to that picture.[/QUOTE]

Ermmmmm Dead Rising, Culdcept, Crackdown, Beautiful Katamari etc etc. And hell if your going to include the PSN's downloadable games then you have to include XBLAs in which case the PS3 gets smashed by Braid, Castle Crashers, Geometry Wars, Assault Heroes etc etc etc. The 360 does have quite a few more good games then the PS3. And ya the games also hit the PC but 1. You have to have a good gaming PC. 2. You have to be willing to sit at an uncomfortable computer chair. 3. You have to own a good controller or like playing with the keyboard. For most people I talk to it seems that playing a game on the PC is something so hated that even when the PC version is superior people choose the 360 version for comfortabilty. I think part of the 360s problem is that alot of people(especially casuals)dont count alot of its good games because they dont know about them or forget about them. Its not as bad as the PS2 where 100s of games were going forgotten or never discovered. But far too many like Katmari and Culdcept fly right under the radar or are like Dead Rising where they land on the radar but then fly right off.

The PS3 does have good games, just not enough that are exclusive. And many of the games the PS3 has been receiving are ports of old 360 games meaning till recently the 360s lead was much bigger. PS3 is catching up but its got work to do. Again deffintly is a system worth owning.....but when my back log consists of like 2 dozen games and growing I am not sure if I can justify a PS3 purchase just for R&C which is the only game I would play immediately over my back log and not wait to drop to $20. Now if Sony releases Sly Cooper 4 I am freaking sold!

yea ps3's games are blah with a few exceptions.. and 3rd party games are almost always better on 360..

I got mine near launch for a good price then so i dont really care.. i barely play any games on it.. just a bluray player

[quote name='MSI Magus']Ermmmmm Dead Rising, Culdcept, Crackdown, Beautiful Katamari etc etc. And hell if your going to include the PSN's downloadable games then you have to include XBLAs in which case the PS3 gets smashed by Braid, Castle Crashers, Geometry Wars, Assault Heroes etc etc etc. The 360 does have quite a few more good games then the PS3. And ya the games also hit the PC but 1. You have to have a good gaming PC. 2. You have to be willing to sit at an uncomfortable computer chair. 3. You have to own a good controller or like playing with the keyboard. For most people I talk to it seems that playing a game on the PC is something so hated that even when the PC version is superior people choose the 360 version for comfortabilty.

The PS3 does have good games, just not enough that are exclusive. And many of the games the PS3 has been receiving are ports of old 360 games meaning till recently the 360s lead was much bigger. PS3 is catching up but its got work to do. Again deffintly is a system worth owning.....but when my back log consists of like 2 dozen games and growing I am not sure if I can justify a PS3 purchase just for R&C which is the only game I would play immediately over my back log and not wait to drop to $20. Now if Sony releases Sly Cooper 4 I am freaking sold![/quote]

Dead Rising was horrible. I hated the controls, but I guess that's just me. Beautiful Katamari, I might try that out, but it got pretty bad reviews.
Stardust and Everyday Shooter are much better than Geometry Wars, haven't played the others...but I think most would agree (360 and PS3 fanboys alike) that the PSN has better content than XBLA.
Just get it, dude. The PS3 wont hit that price for years, and Ratchet was probably my favorite game of 2007 (either that or Uncharted).

[quote name='mywhitenoise']
Stardust and Everyday Shooter are much better than Geometry Wars, haven't played the others...but I think most would agree (360 and PS3 fanboys alike) that the PSN has better content than XBLA.[/quote]

Definitely not. You'd have people arguing both sides.

And for me, Geometry Wars 1/2 >> Stardust, and Everyday Shooter was crap.

I finally tried this and I was able to get a new 120 GB hard drive for the 360 off ebay for a total of $63.98 after the 30%+10% off. No XFER cable but I also got a 64 MB memory card for $10.49 after cashback. So for $74 and change I will go from 20 GB to 120 GB and then I will flip the 20 GB and memory card and cut my out of pocket even more.

Awesome deal!

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Dead Rising was horrible. I hated the controls, but I guess that's just me. Beautiful Katamari, I might try that out, but it got pretty bad reviews.
Stardust and Everyday Shooter are much better than Geometry Wars, haven't played the others...but I think most would agree (360 and PS3 fanboys alike) that the PSN has better content than XBLA.
Just get it, dude. The PS3 wont hit that price for years, and Ratchet was probably my favorite game of 2007 (either that or Uncharted).[/QUOTE]

Dead rising wasnt horrible, it was just as you said just you ;) the game got great reviews and is pretty loved. Plus it did well enough that its getting a sequal. Katamari also didnt get bad reviews just didnt get amazing ones and if you read the reviews they say the only reason it got the average scores it did was because it was too much of the same from the last game(which is stupid since the last games were great and got high reviews).

I played everyday shooter on the PSP and honestly I preffer geometry wars vastly. And no I dont think most people would say PSN was better. I just watched gametrailers the bonus round where they spent like 40 minutes with 4 industry experts talking about internet and gaming. It was a pretty standard conclusion for all 4 that XBL is kicking the crap out of PSN. Same discussion has taken place on many forums and other shows such as 1up and invisible walls. I think your just a PS3 fanboy ;)

And save the retort that I am a 360 fanboy. I didnt own an Xbox till late in the gen, I just got my 360 for Christmas last year(and didnt even ask for it)I own about 300 PS1/2 games and I think Sony will win the console war with MS this gen. I am just being fair and honest and honesty is that Sony doesnt have their shit together and even at $200 its questionable if the PS3 is worth it.

[quote name='Warpath01']ive never done anything on ebay in my life.

im itnerested in buying fro mthis seller but when i go to chekcout , it says

You must pay with PayPal to get your Microsoft cashback
This item is eligible for cashback, but this seller doesn't use eBay checkout. Since you won't be completing your purchase on eBay, it's very important that you remember to pay with PayPal.

If you use another payment method, you won't be eligible for cashback.

So i just want to make sure. Even if he doesnt use ebay checkout...i can still use the 30% cash back??[/quote]

Hey have you managed to get your cashback confirmation?

I bought something off eBay yesterday and I've used cashback many times before, but this time I had that same message as you did, so I proceeded to the seller's third party checkout system and paid via PayPal (as the cashback message instructed).

But nothing on the eBay order details shows the cashback amount like it usually does, and I have yet to get the claim e-mail in my inbox after 12 hours (I used to get within a couple of hours of paying).

Hope it didn't mess up or anything, cause the only reason I bought it off eBay was due to the cashback, else I could've gotten it cheaper on Amazon. :(

[quote name='kazunori']Hey have you managed to get your cashback confirmation?

I bought something off eBay yesterday and I've used cashback many times before, but this time I had that same message as you did, so I proceeded to the seller's third party checkout system and paid via PayPal (as the cashback message instructed).

But nothing on the eBay order details shows the cashback amount like it usually does, and I have yet to get the claim e-mail in my inbox after 12 hours (I used to get within a couple of hours of paying).

Hope it didn't mess up or anything, cause the only reason I bought it off eBay was due to the cashback, else I could've gotten it cheaper on Amazon. :([/quote]

the exact same thing happened to me yesterday. Bought a $400 laptop, and I'm still waiting for the cashback message on my inbox :cry:

[quote name='danny8k']the exact same thing happened to me yesterday. Bought a $400 laptop, and I'm still waiting for the cashback message on my inbox :cry:[/QUOTE]

Ditto...minus purchasing the $400 laptop of course; got nhl 09 for the 360 and it showed savings of like $17 at check out...no message yet though.

Also of note: my purchase was also from buy.com and through their private check out; I saw a couple other people mentioning buy.com in particular

[quote name='FadeToOne']Jesus H fucking christ I can't escape the damn PS3 vs XBox discussions.[/QUOTE]

If it makes you feel better I can toss the Wii in too. A Wii at $150 is mighty tempting but not sure if even at that price the Wii is worth it either!

[quote name='kazunori']I bought something off eBay yesterday and I've used cashback many times before, but this time I had that same message as you did, so I proceeded to the seller's third party checkout system and paid via PayPal (as the cashback message instructed).[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that paying through a third party checkout system will NOT yield the cashback. I believe this was confirmed very early on in this program's lifetime.

[quote name='GuardianE']I'm pretty sure that paying through a third party checkout system will NOT yield the cashback. I believe this was confirmed very early on in this program's lifetime.[/quote]

Yeah it's not my first time using it either, but now they're showing a message saying the cashback will still be awarded if we pay through PayPal at the third party checkout.

[quote name='kazunori']Yeah it's not my first time using it either, but now they're showing a message saying the cashback will still be awarded if we pay through PayPal at the third party checkout.[/quote]

Oh dear. I don't know then. Good luck.

[quote name='GuardianE']I'm pretty sure that paying through a third party checkout system will NOT yield the cashback. I believe this was confirmed very early on in this program's lifetime.[/QUOTE]

The on-screen cash back information says it works with a third party checkout as long as you use paypal. Also found this link supporting that it should in fact work:

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?threadid=1042125

Not sure if the problem is with buy.com. The paypal payment to them doesn't list the particular auction that you are paying for. Not sure if it's registering the fact that people are paying on those auctions right away.

[quote name='mywhitenoise'].but I think most would agree (360 and PS3 fanboys alike) that the PSN has better content than XBLA.
[/QUOTE]

try comparing content lists some time. PSN has some interesting exclusives, but XBLA probably has 10x the content. There's more crap, but there are more quality titles as well.

To anyone looking to hop into their first next gen system with this deal, make it a 360. I can personally say that after having all three, I would have been BETTER off never buying a ps3. Whatever, I got for cheap and I guess I'll be playing Killzone 2 and will have a blu ray player... meh.

Also, XBL content > PSN content. Hands down.

[quote name='blehman']The on-screen cash back information says it works with a third party checkout as long as you use paypal. Also found this link supporting that it should in fact work:

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?threadid=1042125

Not sure if the problem is with buy.com. The paypal payment to them doesn't list the particular auction that you are paying for. Not sure if it's registering the fact that people are paying on those auctions right away.[/quote]

Hmm the thing that worries me about that thread is that the people who paid with 3rd party checkout systems there are saying they got the claim e-mail even faster than they did with normal eBay checkout, or that they got instant cashback instead.

So far I haven't gotten either. :(

[quote name='kazunori']Hmm the thing that worries me about that thread is that the people who paid with 3rd party checkout systems there are saying they got the claim e-mail even faster than they did with normal eBay checkout, or that they got instant cashback instead.

So far I haven't gotten either. :([/QUOTE]

I'm going to write ebay if I don't get it soon. Hasn't been 24 hours yet, so I'll wait to see if I finally get the message. It has never taken this long for me to get the cashback message before though.

Might wait for the item to finish processing with buy.com. Honestly, I'm not sure what would cause the delay.

Argh, I just tried to do that with my 10% coupon on a live gold card. I couldn't enter the coupon and I have no confirmation from the cashback system :(

edit: I contacted ebay live chat and they forced the email and message to go through. Now I just need to wait for it on my live account. The coupon fiasco is another story. Waiting for paypal to get back with me on that.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='blehman']I'm going to write ebay if I don't get it soon. Hasn't been 24 hours yet, so I'll wait to see if I finally get the message. It has never taken this long for me to get the cashback message before though.

Might wait for the item to finish processing with buy.com. Honestly, I'm not sure what would cause the delay.[/quote]

Yeah I hear ya. I'll wait 2 days total before complaining to Buy.com and/or Ebay.

[quote name='GuardianE']I'm pretty sure that paying through a third party checkout system will NOT yield the cashback. I believe this was confirmed very early on in this program's lifetime.[/quote]

It worked for me today. Took a few hours to credit but it is pending on my Live account. The third party checkout tool was channel advisor FWIW.

[quote name='jsgebo']It worked for me today. Took a few hours to credit but it is pending on my Live account. The third party checkout tool was channel advisor FWIW.[/quote]

Ah damn, that was the one I went through too. Hope this means I'll get it soon.. but it's been more than half a day since I made the purchase with no indication of the cashback anywhere.

Does the cashback show up on your order details on eBay?

anybody had any trouble getting the cashback to work on giftcards? I'll buy one as long as it's less than 15% markup. On top of that I have a 10% off coupon to use. If this works I may be able to get an 80 gb PS3 for $179.55 possibly cheaper even if I can get a coupon.

edit: just figured out a flaw in my logic. would be using the gift certificate to pay for the ps3 and not the essential sony card, which nullfies the rebate.

[quote name='kazunori']
Does the cashback show up on your order details on eBay?[/quote]

Yes. In my case I paid via paypal right away but ebay didn't list the item in my "won" list as being paid for a few hours. Once it showed up as paid then I got the ebay mail and an email from MS Live saying it was pending.

[quote name='jsgebo']Yes. In my case I paid via paypal right away but ebay didn't list the item in my "won" list as being paid for a few hours. Once it showed up as paid then I got the ebay mail and an email from MS Live saying it was pending.[/quote]

I see, thanks.
Damn I might need to contact someone soon about this. The item doesn't even show up as paid on my eBay won items. The transaction is listed in PayPal and the seller himself has acknowledged receipt of payment, but it seems like eBay and more importantly Live do not know this.

I just bought a 24" Samsung LCD 1080p TV for $400. Got $120.00 back instantly into my paypal account. $280 is not a bad price for a new gaming/pc monitor.

Nice!

I wish my current pending cashback transactions would credit then... sucks they are still making me wait out the 60 days. I think I only have 10 days left though.

So is it still 12 uses with the instant cashback? I've only used it twice.

[quote name='Broccoli Storm']Any idea what the requirements for instant cashback are?[/quote]

I used this for the first time today and bought 3 things on ebay using a CC via Paypal. 1 of the 3 credited instantly - it was using ebay checkout/PPAL. The other two are pendning until Jan 30 2009 - one via third party checkout, one an ebay checkout like the instant one was. So, no ryhme or reason that I saw for instant cash back. Perhaps it has something to do with return policies? No idea - just speculating...

What do you think are the chances of buy.com's ebay store shipping me an xbox 360 with a Jasper chip?
The console has to be manufactured on or after 10-21-2008 to be a Jasper. I'm hoping they sold their older stock over the Thanksgiving weekend.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']What do you think are the chances of buy.com's ebay store shipping me an xbox 360 with a Jasper chip?
The console has to be manufactured on or after 10-21-2008 to be a Jasper. I'm hoping they sold their older stock over the Thanksgiving weekend.[/quote]

I doubt very high. They probably inflated stock to prepare for the season.

[quote name='Anexanhume']I doubt very high. They probably inflated stock to prepare for the season.[/quote]

Good point. This is the deal breaker for me. I don't want a 360 if it has a Falcon chip.

I bought something on Ebay using this yesterday....no refund yet. The live cash back page actually says pending until around January 29th.

[quote name='xnonfactor']I just bought a 24" Samsung LCD 1080p TV for $400. Got $120.00 back instantly into my paypal account. $280 is not a bad price for a new gaming/pc monitor.[/quote]Auction please?

Anyone in the same situation as me or able to offer any advice?

I bought this item last night off eBay, got the message that the seller used a third party checkout system but cashback was still valid if I paid through PayPal, and went ahead and paid with PayPal at the third party checkout. I made sure the eBay page had the cashback banner (it even showed how much I was due to receive back) before I went ahead.

After paying there, the transaction was shown in PayPal, got the usual payment notices from them, as well as acknowledgement from the seller. But eBay itself shows that I haven't paid (still has a Pay Now button there), and I have not received any instant cashback or even the usual "claim cashback" messages in my inbox.

It's been over half a day since I made this purchase, and I'm getting kinda anxious that somehow I missed the cashback deal. Any help anyone?

I have two purchases from last night just like that. One from buy.com and the other from a different seller. Same exact thing, legit to the end, but ebay doesn't show the items as paid so the cashback email doesn't come through.

bread's done
Back