BING Cashback for Ebay - Currently 8% [Now 40 Uses]

qwerty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Thought this was worthy of a new thread. Its back! And with a vengeance. As of this writing its at [see title]. Link

And for those that dont know, the amount of uses for this promotion seems to be doubling at a steady rate, now at 40 uses per account, and the maximum amount you can get back PER A SINGLE TRANSACTION was reduced from $250 to $200. The total culmulative cashback allowance is capped at $2,500.00 per calendar year.

How this works:

If you dont already know about this, its a very simple promotion offered by Microsoft in order to promote usage of their search engine live.com. All you have to do is go to www.live.com and search for something common, like "Wii" as in nintendo wii. In the Sponsored sites at the top you will see a link to Wii's on ebay with a small logo next to it that says Live Search Cash Back and below that "You may get xx% off paypal eligible". When you click on the cash back logo it takes you to ebay and BIN (Buy It Now) auctions for Wiis. From there you simply use the ebay search function to find the BIN auction for the item you desire and purchase it. When you click the BIN button prior to clicking on Commit to buy you should see a message below with the Cash Back you are eligible to recieve. Once you buy the auction pay for it with paypal and give it an hour. Eventually you'll get a message in your ebay account saying "You've earned cashback" simply click on it and follow the instructions. If you dont have one you'll be asked to create a live account. I believe most people will already have an existing live acct due to their Xbox, MSN, or Hotmail associations so feel free to use that if you like. This is quick, and thus far i havent gotten any spam due to it, nor have i read of anyone getting any spam. And thats it, 60 + 15 days later [they allow a buffer period incase you return what you bought] you can redeem the money.

So to summarize

1. use live.com search engine to find any product on ebay. Any keyword is as good as another, hence i used "wii" as an example.

2. Once activating the link use ebay.com to browse for the Buy It Now auction you desire and purchase and pay with paypal. Wait until you get a message from ebay and get your cash back with your live account. This can take a few hours.

3. ~75 days later its in your pocket. [60 days before you can redeem and then an additional 2 weeks before it actually transfers into your paypal account]

Again this is just a promotion by MS to promote use of their search engine, theres no catch. You dont have to promise your first born nor random legs or limbs. Its as simple as it sounds.

Some things to note

-This promotion is limited to only US residents.

-You must pay with paypal and it must be a BIN auction.

-It takes about 75 days to recieve the actual money which will be in the form of a FEE FREE deposit into your paypal account. From there you can spend it or transfer it into your checking or simply request a check.

-If you return the item you purchased and used the promotion on you LOSE the refund.

-This is only valid for Ebay user/store auctions on Ebay.com. No live auction or ebay motors etc.. Though i think you can get away with buying international auctions you're watching on ebay.com. I also noticed that this works if you're offered a "Second chance" on an item you bid on since it turns the auction into a BIN.

-You may only use this a maximum of 40 times per ebay account per person. A few people are reporting success using different ebay accounts with the same cashback account in order to achieve more than 20 uses. YMMV.

-Maximum of $200 back PER AUCTION [$2,500 Cap per account] and the percent savings does vary and can change without notice.

Rest of the terms are here:
http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html

I recommend at least skimming them. Enjoy.

Couple additions

"Instant" Cashback is now available. However, to quote "Instant cashback will be eligible for some, but not all users." Its unknown what the criteria is to be "eligible". I would not suggest you make a purchase unless you dont mind waiting.

Ebay/Paypal Coupons WILL stack with this. The amount is deducted off the full auction value. IE 10% Coupon applied to $100 purchase will save you $10. If the Cashback percent is 25% you will still get $25 additional back for a total savings of $35. Usually the Ebay/Paypal coupons have a maximum savings of $100 for a maximum total of $300 saved on any single purchase. This also stacks with other promotions run by Bigcrumb/ebates where you can earn some more money back based on an items selling fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt it comes back. It would be nice if it did, but I always assumed this was going to be a short term promotion, and it lasted a lot longer than I expected it to. I'm just glad I got all 12 of my purchases in at 25-30%, giving me almost $420 cashback.

Rumors are flying around that microsoft are going to have massive layoffs as much as 17% of their workforce. If true cashback may not be coming back for awhile, at least not at 30%.

[quote name='Immortal fWd']It's been about 10 days since I requested the cash be deposited in my Paypal account and it still isn't there. Anyone else experience this?[/QUOTE]

It's supposed to take 2 weeks to have the money deposited into your account after you request it.:whistle2:|

[quote name='Vinny']It's supposed to take 2 weeks to have the money deposited into your account after you request it.:whistle2:|[/QUOTE]

Really? I thought it was 7 days. I must have read that wrong somewhere. Thanks for the info.

Wow after I lost all faith in Microsoft Cashback I got my deposit of 44.40 I thought I had been screwed out of.

Basically, I ordered a PSP-2000 with CFW on ebay [and I do legitimately use the PSP, I own 7 games] Ebay decided to take down the auction for no reason AFTER I had already paid for and received the item (it was about 4-5 days after). I paid 160 for the PSP, and I believe 116 if I had received the 30% cash back. Well, 2 weeks later I look at my cashback account and the item is still in pending, but it says only $0 may be requested. At that point I emailed Microsoft Live (no luck), emailed ebay (they told me to email live), eventually I figured eh, I got it cheaper than retail and I liked the system.

OH and might I add immediately after the auction was removed I emailed the seller requesting a refund and he wouldn't refund me because "It wasn't his fault live wouldnt give me the rebate now" and "he didn't participate in that program." I told him I wanted a refund because the item got removed and he wouldn't help me. Called credit card for a chargeback and they told me I had to send the item back to him first, and even then there was a chance of me not receiving the $160 back.

So anyways, about a month ago microsoft redid the Cashback website. After that, for some reason, it showed the 44.40 as pending again. Low and behold, the 90 days come, I request the money. A week later it's in my paypal account, quickly ask for it to be deposited in my bank, and only a week later I get a 44.40 deposit.

Dodged a bullet eh?

[quote name='aeri']Wow after I lost all faith in Microsoft Cashback I got my deposit of 44.40 I thought I had been screwed out of.

Basically, I ordered a PSP-2000 with CFW on ebay [and I do legitimately use the PSP, I own 7 games] Ebay decided to take down the auction for no reason AFTER I had already paid for and received the item (it was about 4-5 days after). I paid 160 for the PSP, and I believe 116 if I had received the 30% cash back. Well, 2 weeks later I look at my cashback account and the item is still in pending, but it says only $0 may be requested. At that point I emailed Microsoft Live (no luck), emailed ebay (they told me to email live), eventually I figured eh, I got it cheaper than retail and I liked the system.

OH and might I add immediately after the auction was removed I emailed the seller requesting a refund and he wouldn't refund me because "It wasn't his fault live wouldnt give me the rebate now" and "he didn't participate in that program." I told him I wanted a refund because the item got removed and he wouldn't help me. Called credit card for a chargeback and they told me I had to send the item back to him first, and even then there was a chance of me not receiving the $160 back.

So anyways, about a month ago microsoft redid the Cashback website. After that, for some reason, it showed the 44.40 as pending again. Low and behold, the 90 days come, I request the money. A week later it's in my paypal account, quickly ask for it to be deposited in my bank, and only a week later I get a 44.40 deposit.

Dodged a bullet eh?[/QUOTE]

If I was the seller and you had tried pulling a charge back on me because of that, I would have been pissed. What did he do wrong?

[quote name='aeri']Wow after I lost all faith in Microsoft Cashback I got my deposit of 44.40 I thought I had been screwed out of.

Dodged a bullet eh?[/quote]

The seller didn't do anything wrong.

I would have left you a negative or reported you. :)

Dodged a bullet eh?
[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:s

People like this should not be on ebay or have a credit card. You need to realize that Microsoft cashback is an INCENTIVE to purchase something and in the terms of agreement for cashback they do not have to pay you! Getting mad at a ebay seller who did everything right was the wrong way to approace that.

It didn't appear that the seller did anything wrong, so you shouldn't be pissed at him.

Dodged a bullet eh?[/QUOTE]

Definitely not the seller's fault... glad I never had to deal with buyers like this. ;/

Well, after I dont know how many months, I finally get a reply from Cashback Support. I asked about getting my $4 released since I got it before they made that $5 min. Of course they denied me, telling me to go and buy something from a participating retailer. If they had replied "48-72 hours" like the confimation email said, maybe I would have been more understanding, but still, what if I had a problem getting back an amount over $5.

You should have been shot with that bullet for being an idiot. I hope you didn't come here for sympathy, we're cheap...not ignorant. :bomb:

I sold a half dozen PSP's on ebay after cashback died. On one hand, I could have made more money during cashback. On the otherhand, I didn't have to deal with douches like aeri.

Eh, I guess it all evened out in the end.

[quote name='aeri']
OH and might I add immediately after the auction was removed I emailed the seller requesting a refund and he wouldn't refund me because "It wasn't his fault live wouldnt give me the rebate now" and "he didn't participate in that program." I told him I wanted a refund because the item got removed and he wouldn't help me. Called credit card for a chargeback and they told me I had to send the item back to him first, and even then there was a chance of me not receiving the $160 back.[/quote]
Bob_Barker_fail.jpg

Please leave your ebay handle so we never have to deal with your sorry ass.

Wow, what an A**. I bet you were a complete jerk and left negative feedback for the seller as well.

You didn't dodge a bullet, the seller did. I can't believe you wanted to keep the PSP AND get a refund. What a douche bag.

As the poster above me said, please share your eBay ID so all sellers can put a block on you.

[quote name='silent h3ro']There's a very good chance that it will IMO. The question is: When is it coming back?[/quote]

I'm always one for "positive thinking", but I'm just curious. Do you have any reason to think this? Just trying to figure out if you've got any insider info or reasoning behind your opinion ;)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I'm always one for "positive thinking", but I'm just curious. Do you have any reason to think this? Just trying to figure out if you've got any insider info or reasoning behind your opinion ;)[/quote]

They were doing maintenance on the system. They wouldnt be paying programmers to upgrade it [eg. instant cashback eligibility] if they were planning to end it a week later. Likewise the terms are still on ebay. I think we'll see it return. Whether or not it comes back at a savings more in line with most of the other cashback store savings [5-10%] or at the higher savings [15-25%] remains to be seen.

I wouldnt be surprised if ebay did something of their own either. Im sure their auction sales skyrocketed because of the promotion.

[quote name='qwerty1']They were doing maintenance on the system. They wouldnt be paying programmers to upgrade it [eg. instant cashback eligibility] if they were planning to end it a week later. Likewise the terms are still on ebay. I think we'll see it return. Whether or not it comes back at a savings more in line with most of the other cashback store savings [5-10%] or at the higher savings [15-25%] remains to be seen.

I wouldnt be surprised if ebay did something of their own either. Im sure their auction sales skyrocketed because of the promotion.[/quote]

Hmm...solid points. At the same time though, the upgrade was probably done to benefit the system overall (is instant cashback available with any of the other sites?), not just because of eBay. I really hope it comes back though. I'm still holding out for a new lcd tv/monitor. The waiting is killing me, but the longer I wait, the cheaper it will be...even if cashback never returns, haha.

as far as im aware, the instant cashback upgrade, which was released on the first of december, was mainly for purchases made via paypal on ebay.

see

It would just be odd to pay programmers to continue to refine something that you were going to can days later. I didnt expect it to return until after the holiday weeks were done anyway, so i'll look to January with a bit of optimism.

[quote name='qwerty1']as far as im aware, the instant cashback upgrade, which was released on the first of december, was mainly for purchases made via paypal on ebay.

see

It would just be odd to pay programmers to continue to refine something that you were going to can days later. I didnt expect it to return until after the holiday weeks were done anyway, so i'll look to January with a bit of optimism.[/quote]

Yeah, that blog you posted definitely makes it seem like something they're improving upon for the future. But they also disabled further comments on it. I don't know if that means anything or not. Also, remember, this was posted by kklems back on page 114

I hate to break the bad news about this promotion but I read a Wall Street Journal article last week and they were discussing ebay's plan regarding marketing and mentioned that the ebay/microsoft cashback promotion ended 12 17 08. Not to say that they couldn't renew the contract but at this point the promotion is over. Edited to add in was the December 23 WSJ. I don't pay for the online so I can't post the full article http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122999355966028743.html

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Also, remember, this was posted by kklems back on page 114[/quote]

The author of that article doesnt have any more knowledge on whats going to happen than anyone here. By the bye he started out by saying that 'ebay and MS "teamed up" for the cashback promotion back in november' when infact it began in late Spring. I wouldnt put any stock in that small blurb in a comparably lengthy article. He was simply mentioning that as of Dec 17th, it ended, which is true. The same could be said for the promotion on numerous other dates as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pinoy530']Well, it was dead before and then came back at a steady 25% in time for holiday shopping, hopefully it comes back.[/QUOTE]

The support tickets are for not receiving any cashback on my eligible purchases.

I was waiting for $200 dollars due on feb 16th. Checked it today and my acct. is canceled! I don't think its coming back ever and they don't wanna pay. Oh well just my luck I'm so goddamn lucky.

[quote name='jrrab']I was waiting for $200 dollars due on feb 16th. Checked it today and my acct. is canceled! I don't think its coming back ever and they don't wanna pay. Oh well just my luck I'm so goddamn lucky.[/quote]

I had 147 due last week. It keeps telling me that the status on the transfer is "failed"...

We've encounterd a problem depositing your cashback reward into the PayPal account that you used for your eBay purchase. But we will keep trying.

So Im not holding my breath either.

we ordered a TV through CC and then we canceled it but the cashback still went through. she got 120 deposited into her paypal account.

MS is probably losing alot and I wouldn't be surprised if they cut back on alot of this advertising programs.

I know people have talked about this previously in the thread, but I was wondering if anyone had an update:

I (stupidly) purchased a laptop a while back when cashback was still live, but after talking with the seller, I found out I couldn't get the warranty on the thing transferred to me. So the guy refunded my money, but I have the cashback money still sitting in my paypal account.

I've left the $200 there for at least a month or so, but Paypal/ebay haven't taken it back. Is there someone I can contact about it? I'd rather have them take the money back now than me use it and have it taken out of my bank account later.

[quote name='Spatchmo']I had 147 due last week. It keeps telling me that the status on the transfer is "failed"...

We've encounterd a problem depositing your cashback reward into the PayPal account that you used for your eBay purchase. But we will keep trying.

So Im not holding my breath either.[/quote]

Yeah I got the same thing for a $10 credit I was suppose to get. I sent them an email and got two different replies.

Thank you for contacting Live Search cashback Customer Support! My name is Sita. I am a Customer Service Representative and I will be assisting you with your request regarding your failed cashback payment(s). I have opened an incident with our team: 1092000592 on your behalf.

We have attempted numerous times to send the payment to the PayPal account used to pay for the eBay purchase. After working with PayPal to understand the failure, we think the account may need to be reviewed by PayPal Customer Service, or your cashback account may not reflect the payment has been posted correctly to your PayPal account. Please take the following steps:

· Log into the PayPal account you used to pay for the eBay purchase. Confirm that the payment does not appear in the account.

· If the payment does not appear, please contact PayPal Customer Service to have your account reviewed. Go to www.paypal.com and click on the Contact Us link for PayPal support.

· After PayPal Customer Service confirms the account can receive funds, please reply back to this email with your PayPal account email address and we'll attempt to send the payment again.

Thank you for your patience as we worked with PayPal to understand the reason for failure.
Thank you for contacting Live Search cashback Customer Support! My name is Brian. I am a Customer Service Representative and I will be assisting you with your request regarding your failed cashback payment(s). I have opened an incident with our team: 1091998643 on your behalf.

A technical issue has been identified that is causing requested PayPal cashback payments to show as failed in your cashback account. We understand your frustration in the delayed payment(s) and apologize for the inconvenience and confusion. We are diligently working with PayPal to get this issue resolved as quickly as possible. You will be notified as soon as we receive any new information regarding your failed payments.

I want to ensure that your request has been resolved to your satisfaction. However, if you realize that you are still in need of assistance, please reply to this email.

I also got the "failed" payment status on two deposits that were supposed to be made over the past two days. I've E-mailed them, but have yet to hear a response.

[quote name='maccabee72']I also got the "failed" payment status on two deposits that were supposed to be made over the past two days. I've E-mailed them, but have yet to hear a response.[/quote]

I was surprised that I got a response on the same day.

I cashed out about a month ago but still had $7.50 pending. I decided I'll get it later but then noticed that it says that it would automatically be deposited into my PP account.

Well, Jan 18 (the payment date) came and past and the transaction failed for some reason.:whistle2:|

I think it's safe to say that this is probably dead.

bread's done
Back