BING Cashback for Ebay - Currently 8% [Now 40 Uses]

qwerty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Thought this was worthy of a new thread. Its back! And with a vengeance. As of this writing its at [see title]. Link

And for those that dont know, the amount of uses for this promotion seems to be doubling at a steady rate, now at 40 uses per account, and the maximum amount you can get back PER A SINGLE TRANSACTION was reduced from $250 to $200. The total culmulative cashback allowance is capped at $2,500.00 per calendar year.

How this works:

If you dont already know about this, its a very simple promotion offered by Microsoft in order to promote usage of their search engine live.com. All you have to do is go to www.live.com and search for something common, like "Wii" as in nintendo wii. In the Sponsored sites at the top you will see a link to Wii's on ebay with a small logo next to it that says Live Search Cash Back and below that "You may get xx% off paypal eligible". When you click on the cash back logo it takes you to ebay and BIN (Buy It Now) auctions for Wiis. From there you simply use the ebay search function to find the BIN auction for the item you desire and purchase it. When you click the BIN button prior to clicking on Commit to buy you should see a message below with the Cash Back you are eligible to recieve. Once you buy the auction pay for it with paypal and give it an hour. Eventually you'll get a message in your ebay account saying "You've earned cashback" simply click on it and follow the instructions. If you dont have one you'll be asked to create a live account. I believe most people will already have an existing live acct due to their Xbox, MSN, or Hotmail associations so feel free to use that if you like. This is quick, and thus far i havent gotten any spam due to it, nor have i read of anyone getting any spam. And thats it, 60 + 15 days later [they allow a buffer period incase you return what you bought] you can redeem the money.

So to summarize

1. use live.com search engine to find any product on ebay. Any keyword is as good as another, hence i used "wii" as an example.

2. Once activating the link use ebay.com to browse for the Buy It Now auction you desire and purchase and pay with paypal. Wait until you get a message from ebay and get your cash back with your live account. This can take a few hours.

3. ~75 days later its in your pocket. [60 days before you can redeem and then an additional 2 weeks before it actually transfers into your paypal account]

Again this is just a promotion by MS to promote use of their search engine, theres no catch. You dont have to promise your first born nor random legs or limbs. Its as simple as it sounds.

Some things to note

-This promotion is limited to only US residents.

-You must pay with paypal and it must be a BIN auction.

-It takes about 75 days to recieve the actual money which will be in the form of a FEE FREE deposit into your paypal account. From there you can spend it or transfer it into your checking or simply request a check.

-If you return the item you purchased and used the promotion on you LOSE the refund.

-This is only valid for Ebay user/store auctions on Ebay.com. No live auction or ebay motors etc.. Though i think you can get away with buying international auctions you're watching on ebay.com. I also noticed that this works if you're offered a "Second chance" on an item you bid on since it turns the auction into a BIN.

-You may only use this a maximum of 40 times per ebay account per person. A few people are reporting success using different ebay accounts with the same cashback account in order to achieve more than 20 uses. YMMV.

-Maximum of $200 back PER AUCTION [$2,500 Cap per account] and the percent savings does vary and can change without notice.

Rest of the terms are here:
http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html

I recommend at least skimming them. Enjoy.

Couple additions

"Instant" Cashback is now available. However, to quote "Instant cashback will be eligible for some, but not all users." Its unknown what the criteria is to be "eligible". I would not suggest you make a purchase unless you dont mind waiting.

Ebay/Paypal Coupons WILL stack with this. The amount is deducted off the full auction value. IE 10% Coupon applied to $100 purchase will save you $10. If the Cashback percent is 25% you will still get $25 additional back for a total savings of $35. Usually the Ebay/Paypal coupons have a maximum savings of $100 for a maximum total of $300 saved on any single purchase. This also stacks with other promotions run by Bigcrumb/ebates where you can earn some more money back based on an items selling fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jsgebo']OK I caved,
I spotted a complete copy of Fable 2 on ebay for $22.99 + free shipping.
I used my ebay 10% off one item along with the Live 12% cash back search and ended buying it for a total of $17.93
Couldn't pass that up - backlog or not[/quote]

Wow that sweet even without coupons. 23 for fable is good

Just used the 12% cashback & 10% off game coupon to pick up an RE5 Elite Bundle for $320 total. Missed out on the Dell deal, but this ended up being a little cheaper! Coupon says it doesn't work on systems, but I tried it anyway and it took 10% off. Wonder if Paypal will revoke the savings.

[quote name='jsgebo']Yes, it showed up in my ebay inbox over the weekend[/quote]
I got nothing. Nice to see the cashback thing back up to 12% though.

[quote name='serialrain']Did they set a new maximum on the % discount? (I think before the recent hiatus it went as high as 25-30% off?)[/QUOTE]

There is no min or max % (as long as its

Is this working for anyone else? I just used it yesterday, but it appears that eBay cashback is down for me.

EDIT: Nevermind. After about the 10th search it finally popped up.

[quote name='LilPaintballer']i saved 16 bucks and got instant cashback![/quote]

Same here. It seems the cashback is hitting right away which is pretty sweet.

Can you combine this with like a paypal or ebay coupon code? Not one of those emailed ones but one from a coupon site.

I logged into my cashback account and saw I am over 12 uses however the cashback logo still comes up when I am logged in as me on Ebay. Where are we getting the 12 uses thing?

So when I check out, its still there. Does it mean basically it will just never hit my account?

My Wife has an ebay account, can I use my paypal when checking out?

edit: http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html shit its right there.

Ok so what do I need to have a dup account? Can I just create a live id for my wifes account and pay with my pay pal or does she need a paypal as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
How are you guys getting this to come up? Is it the same as last time?

I go to Live.com and search for Wii or Camcorder, but there is no e-bay cashback link that shows up. I've tried it logged in and logged out. Am I missing something here?

Well, for some reason it wouldn't work in Firefox, but it works fine in IE. Ah well.

Okay, second question: I received the 15% off e-mail from PayPal. The coupon expires at 12AM PDT, so I don't have much time. The problem is, the link in the e-mail is no longer working. Is there anything you have to do to activate the discount, or will it just automatically apply if I make a purchase using my PayPal account?

[quote name='silent h3ro']Create a new eBay account and link it to your current PayPal account and BAM 12 more uses.[/quote]

Huh, I didnt know you could use muliple ebay accounts with one paypal.

What about the cashback account though, won't it get blocked there or just use another live id account?

is this for real you guys?

random.gif

[quote name='jhferry']Huh, I didnt know you could use muliple ebay accounts with one paypal.

What about the cashback account though, won't it get blocked there or just use another live id account?[/QUOTE]
The 12 uses are tied to your eBay account . I made a separate live ID for my second eBay account just to be safe and all 12 cashback transactions from my primary and secondary ebay accounts were rewarded to me just fine. Bothof my accounts are linked to the same PayPal address so I can verify that it works.

^
I know but there are a few larger ticket items that @ 14% its a great deal. This thing disappears for a few months and I will be pissed. It may never hit 20% again.

^

look again, that was probably cached. Its 13%. Does this have a history of going back up or once it slides it just keeps going down?

i was thinking they are getting people who are waiting for it to go up to hit the panic button by lowering it 1%

Could go up the weekend though just like last weekend when it went from 12 -14. Then again, it could go bye bye.

I can get the 13% off eBay link to show up on live.com, but the Cashback logo isn't showing up on the eBay page I'm searching like it used to (I'm signed in, and I've tried in IE and Firefox). Any ideas why this is happening? Thanks!

Has anyone else received an invitation to "Ebay Bucks" reward program by ebay? I got an invitation yesterday.

Check if they picked you. They invite random people. I didn't know if I should make a post in the discussion thread so I just decided to post it here.
http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?RewardsExtEnroll&CTASignup=false&ExtLanding=true

If you don't trust that it is not a fishing website, just be already signed in to ebay already and then click it. That's what I did since I was kind of skeptical and thought it was a phishing site.

and here is the link to the FAQ
http://pages.ebay.com/rewards/faq.html

General

What is eBay Bucks?
eBay Bucks is a rewards program for eBay members. If you join, you'll automatically earn rewards in the form of eBay Bucks based on your qualifying purchases. Every calendar quarter, the eBay Bucks you earned over that 3 month period will be issued to you in the form of an eBay Bucks certificate. You can use this certificate to buy more things on eBay!

Does this program cost anything?
Participation in eBay Bucks is FREE! There is no cost to enroll in the program.

Enrollment

Can anyone participate?
The eBay Bucks program is currently in BETA, so at this time eBay is limiting sign-up to a random selection of invited eBay members only. Only members who receive an invitation email are eligible to sign-up for the program. Once the BETA phase ends, we will be adding new participants and will evaluate opening up the eBay Bucks program to all eBay members registered on www.ebay.com, living in the United States, and with account in good standing (no holds or suspensions).

What does BETA mean, why is participation limited?
The eBay Bucks program is in its initial release and is being previewed to a limited group of members to gain feedback before we finalize the official release. During BETA, member feedback is incredibly useful to help us shape the features and design. We strive to have the highest quality during BETA, but also recognize that since this is new, we may run into issues. The good news is that we fix them as soon as we find them! So if you run into any issues, please check back again later as there's a high probability the problem will have already been resolved. If you have any feedback you wish to share, please email us at

Will I get any unsolicited emails for signing up?
Not at all, the only new emails you will receive will be directly related to the eBay Bucks program. You may on occasion receive program emails such as special promotion alerts that will allow you to earn even more eBay Bucks or receive a survey asking for your feedback so we can make the program even more special. You will NOT receive any additional emails outside of the eBay Bucks program as a result of enrolling.

Earning eBay Bucks

How do I earn eBay Bucks?
Earning eBay Bucks is easy! After you enroll, just make qualifying purchases on eBay and you'll automatically earn eBay Bucks. Watch your Bucks pile up for the calendar quarter; you'll then receive an eBay Bucks certificate for the total amount earned.

Do all my eBay purchases qualify?
Most purchases on eBay qualify, but some restrictions apply. See Terms and Conditions.

For example, to qualify, purchases must be:
  • Paid for with PayPal
  • Paid for after you enroll in the eBay Bucks program
Among other restrictions, purchases made in the following categories DO NOT qualify:
  • All categories in eBay Motors (note that Parts & Accessories purchases DO qualify)
  • Classifieds
  • Real Estate
  • Business & Industrial Capital Equipment, including the following capital equipment categories and the related subcategories:
    • Agriculture & Forestry > Tractors & Farm Machinery
    • Construction > Heavy Equipment, Trailers
    • Food Service & Retail > Concession Trailers & Carts
    • Healthcare, Lab & Life Science > Imaging & Aesthetics Equipment
    • Industrial Supply, MRO > Fork Lifts & Other Lifts; Manufacturing & Metalworking > Manufacturing Equipment; Manufacturing & Metalworking > Metalworking Equipment; Office, Printing & Shipping > Commercial Printing Presses

How is the earn amount determined for a qualifying purchase?
The earn amount is calculated by taking the [item price] x [quantity selected] x [earn percentage]. Shipping fees, taxes, and any other seller fees are excluded from this calculation.

What is the earn percentage?
The earn percentage is the percent amount used to calculate how many eBay Bucks a member will earn on qualifying purchases. The earn percent for the eBay Bucks program is 2%.

Can the earn percentage change?
There are no current plans to change the earn percentage, but eBay reserves the right to change this earn percentage due to market or other conditions. From time to time eBay may offer special promotions that would provide members with extra eBay Bucks or a higher promotional earn percentage for qualifying purchases during the promotion period. If your purchase qualifies for multiple promotions, you will automatically earn credit for the highest value promotional offer.

Are there any limitations on how much I can earn?
Yes. You can earn:
  • Up to $200 eBay Bucks on any single eBay purchase. This means that if the eBay Bucks earn percentage is 2% and the purchase price (excluding tax, shipping fees) is in excess of $10,000, you would be restricted from earning any more eBay Bucks for that purchase beyond the $200 eBay Bucks purchase earn limit.
  • Up to $500 eBay Bucks for all qualifying purchases during a given calendar quarter. This means that if the eBay Bucks earn percentage is 2% and the total value of qualifying purchases exceeds $25,000 during a given calendar quarter, you would be restricted from accumulating any more eBay Bucks beyond the $500 eBay Bucks quarterly earn limit.

For how long can I earn?
You can earn eBay Bucks throughout each calendar quarter. For example, you could earn from April 1 through June 30. Then a new earning period would start on July 1 and run through September 30.

Can I earn eBay Bucks while taking advantage of another eBay promotional program?
Yes, you may earn eBay Bucks in conjunction with most other eBay promotions such as while using an eBay coupon. In fact, we even allow you to double dip, or earn eBay Bucks on the promotional offer savings amount.

Can I combine the eBay Bucks I've earned with multiple eBay accounts?
While each of those accounts may be eligible to earn eBay Bucks if invited, you are not allowed to combine or transfer your earn balance from one account to another. This is also true for the eBay Bucks certificate.

Can I participate without a PayPal account?
No. You can enroll in the eBay Bucks program without a PayPal account, but you need to pay for qualifying purchases with PayPal to earn Bucks. If you don't yet have a PayPal account--which is free, by the way--you'll want to get one soon after you enroll in the eBay Bucks program.

How can I check my balance?
Go to My eBay and click "eBay Bucks" under the "Buy" heading in the left hand menu bar to see your earn purchase activity and balance.

Why does My eBay show less eBay Bucks than I expected?
The eBay Bucks page in My eBay shows your activity for the current quarter, and the amount you've earned on purchases.

If your purchase has not yet posted here yet, please wait 48 hours for it to clear. In the rare event that your purchase still doesn't post here after 48 hours, please contact Customer Service.

Some purchases may not qualify for eBay Bucks or may be subject to a restriction. You may be able to identify these purchases as the amount in the earn column should be displayed as a hyperlink. Click that link to learn more about the reason for the restriction.

You should also know that from time to time, purchases may be subject to review, so what first appears as a "$0.00" earning could turn into the earn amount you expected.

If you return a purchase, the eBay Bucks earned for that purchase will be deducted from your Bucks balance total. If the return occurred in the next earning period, you may even start off with a negative balance.

Why can't I see the "Bucks" logo while checking out, it was there on the "View Item" page?
Some sellers host their own checkout pages that integrate directly with eBay and PayPal. Since these pages are not managed by eBay, we cannot show you the "Bucks" earn messaging. Since the Bucks logo on the "View Item" page was visible, you should still earn eBay Bucks for this transaction as long as you pay with PayPal and no other restrictions apply. See Terms and Conditions for any questions on restrictions.

Redeeming eBay Bucks certificates

When do I get my eBay Bucks certificate?
You will get your eBay Bucks certificate 5-15 days after the quarterly earning period ends. Please check the eBay Bucks page in My eBay: Keep an eye on the "Certificates" section.

Where can I redeem my eBay Bucks certificate?
You can redeem your certificate for any qualifying item on eBay.com that accepts PayPal. See Terms and Conditions for details and restrictions.

How do I redeem my eBay Bucks certificate?
To redeem your eBay Bucks certificate, just:
  1. Start shopping on eBay.com. Be sure to sign in with the user ID associated with your eBay Bucks certificate.
  2. Pick something you love. Be sure the seller accepts PayPal.
  3. Pay for your item with PayPal before the expiration date on your eBay Bucks certificate.
  4. During the checkout process on eBay, the eBay Bucks certificate will automatically be applied for you. If you don't want to use eBay Bucks for this purchase, just click the "remove" link. If, for some reason, the certificate code does not automatically appear, go to the eBay Bucks page in My eBay and copy the code, then paste it into the redemption box during checkout.
  5. If you don't use the full value of the certificate in this purchase, the remaining balance will be available for your next purchase until the certificate's expiration date.

How long do I have to redeem my eBay Bucks certificate?
Your eBay Bucks certificate will be good for 30 days upon issue. Please check the eBay Bucks page in My eBay for specific dates.

Can I give or sell my eBay Bucks certificate to another member?
No, eBay Bucks certificates may only be redeemed by the member it was issued to. eBay Bucks certificates are non-transferable.

Impact to Sellers

Are selling fees impacted?
No, seller fees will not increase as a result of this program. eBay Bucks is one of many new programs that reallocates marketing spend from acquiring new buyers to reward existing eBay buyers.

Can I participate?
Absolutely, eBay recognizes that many of its best buyers are also sellers.

Should I mention eBay Bucks in my item listings?
eBay Bucks will be launched as a Beta trial to a random selection of members. Those that are part of the program will see their potential rewards on the View Item page, and other areas of the eBay site, including My eBay.

Since participation will initially be invitation only, many eBay members may not even know about the program. We strongly discourage you from mentioning eBay Bucks in your listings as some members may get confused and hesitate to buy from you.

How can I make sure that buyers can earn eBay Bucks when they purchase my listing?
You must offer PayPal as a payment option, your items must not be in any of the restricted categories and the buyer must pay with PayPal.

Can buyers use their eBay Bucks certificate on my listings?
Yes, however there are some restrictions, See Terms and Conditions for a complete list. For example, if you have a custom checkout process that is integrated with eBay or you use a 3rd party checkout provider then buyers may be able to redeem their eBay Bucks certificate if your checkout integration uses either:
— PayPal CP Cart (any version)
— PayPal Express Checkout version 53.0 or above, with cart line item details

Note: All sellers using Channel Advisor will be covered since Channel Advisor merchants can use either CP Cart or Express Checkout (with enhancements starting in late March).

[quote name='BarbblerElf']Has anyone else received an invitation to "Ebay Bucks" reward program by ebay? I got an invitation yesterday.
[/quote]

Just checked my email and I got one. It appears that all video game purchases are eligible, whether BIN or auction style. This is awesome as it is essentially stacking with the Live Cashback program on BIN items.

I love eBay.

[quote name='BarbblerElf']Has anyone else received an invitation to "Ebay Bucks" reward program by ebay? I got an invitation yesterday.[/quote]

Same here! Looks pretty snazzy. They said it would stack on top of other eBay/PayPal coupons, so stacking with Live Cashback definitely looks like a possibility.

I kinda wanna wait for cashback to get to at least 20% though...

bread's done
Back