BING Cashback for Ebay - Currently 8% [Now 40 Uses]

qwerty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Thought this was worthy of a new thread. Its back! And with a vengeance. As of this writing its at [see title]. Link

And for those that dont know, the amount of uses for this promotion seems to be doubling at a steady rate, now at 40 uses per account, and the maximum amount you can get back PER A SINGLE TRANSACTION was reduced from $250 to $200. The total culmulative cashback allowance is capped at $2,500.00 per calendar year.

How this works:

If you dont already know about this, its a very simple promotion offered by Microsoft in order to promote usage of their search engine live.com. All you have to do is go to www.live.com and search for something common, like "Wii" as in nintendo wii. In the Sponsored sites at the top you will see a link to Wii's on ebay with a small logo next to it that says Live Search Cash Back and below that "You may get xx% off paypal eligible". When you click on the cash back logo it takes you to ebay and BIN (Buy It Now) auctions for Wiis. From there you simply use the ebay search function to find the BIN auction for the item you desire and purchase it. When you click the BIN button prior to clicking on Commit to buy you should see a message below with the Cash Back you are eligible to recieve. Once you buy the auction pay for it with paypal and give it an hour. Eventually you'll get a message in your ebay account saying "You've earned cashback" simply click on it and follow the instructions. If you dont have one you'll be asked to create a live account. I believe most people will already have an existing live acct due to their Xbox, MSN, or Hotmail associations so feel free to use that if you like. This is quick, and thus far i havent gotten any spam due to it, nor have i read of anyone getting any spam. And thats it, 60 + 15 days later [they allow a buffer period incase you return what you bought] you can redeem the money.

So to summarize

1. use live.com search engine to find any product on ebay. Any keyword is as good as another, hence i used "wii" as an example.

2. Once activating the link use ebay.com to browse for the Buy It Now auction you desire and purchase and pay with paypal. Wait until you get a message from ebay and get your cash back with your live account. This can take a few hours.

3. ~75 days later its in your pocket. [60 days before you can redeem and then an additional 2 weeks before it actually transfers into your paypal account]

Again this is just a promotion by MS to promote use of their search engine, theres no catch. You dont have to promise your first born nor random legs or limbs. Its as simple as it sounds.

Some things to note

-This promotion is limited to only US residents.

-You must pay with paypal and it must be a BIN auction.

-It takes about 75 days to recieve the actual money which will be in the form of a FEE FREE deposit into your paypal account. From there you can spend it or transfer it into your checking or simply request a check.

-If you return the item you purchased and used the promotion on you LOSE the refund.

-This is only valid for Ebay user/store auctions on Ebay.com. No live auction or ebay motors etc.. Though i think you can get away with buying international auctions you're watching on ebay.com. I also noticed that this works if you're offered a "Second chance" on an item you bid on since it turns the auction into a BIN.

-You may only use this a maximum of 40 times per ebay account per person. A few people are reporting success using different ebay accounts with the same cashback account in order to achieve more than 20 uses. YMMV.

-Maximum of $200 back PER AUCTION [$2,500 Cap per account] and the percent savings does vary and can change without notice.

Rest of the terms are here:
http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html

I recommend at least skimming them. Enjoy.

Couple additions

"Instant" Cashback is now available. However, to quote "Instant cashback will be eligible for some, but not all users." Its unknown what the criteria is to be "eligible". I would not suggest you make a purchase unless you dont mind waiting.

Ebay/Paypal Coupons WILL stack with this. The amount is deducted off the full auction value. IE 10% Coupon applied to $100 purchase will save you $10. If the Cashback percent is 25% you will still get $25 additional back for a total savings of $35. Usually the Ebay/Paypal coupons have a maximum savings of $100 for a maximum total of $300 saved on any single purchase. This also stacks with other promotions run by Bigcrumb/ebates where you can earn some more money back based on an items selling fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe i'm doing something wrong. I go to live.com. I search "Dead Space". I get no hits for ebay links. I click "cashback" in the top right corner. I type "dead space". There are various versions. I click the first one showing the xbox360 version. It gives about 5% cashback. Where is this 12-14% ? The OP mentioned about the Wii. I search "Wii" under live.com. There is a sponsored link. I click the "price $216" and there are a couple of sites that list 1% cashback. I don't understand where you guys are getting 12-14% cashback. Can someone help out this noob?

Nice, got an ebay bucks invite. As a CAG I'm not going to turn down an extra 2%. ;) Nice that it works on auction style listings too. Thanks for posting that BarbblerElf or I probably wouldn't have checked for it.

[quote name='Adidajs']maybe i'm doing something wrong. I go to live.com. I search "Dead Space". I get no hits for ebay links. I click "cashback" in the top right corner. I type "dead space". There are various versions. I click the first one showing the xbox360 version. It gives about 5% cashback. Where is this 12-14% ? The OP mentioned about the Wii. I search "Wii" under live.com. There is a sponsored link. I click the "price $216" and there are a couple of sites that list 1% cashback. I don't understand where you guys are getting 12-14% cashback. Can someone help out this noob?[/quote]

Just do a search for "Wii" at www.live.com, then click on the cashback link for eBay. It will come up with Wii in the search box, but you can erase it and search for anything, while maintaining the Cashback bonus.

Also, note the Jackalope background on Live.com. Awesome.

[quote name='silent h3ro']The 12 uses are tied to your eBay account . I made a separate live ID for my second eBay account just to be safe and all 12 cashback transactions from my primary and secondary ebay accounts were rewarded to me just fine. Bothof my accounts are linked to the same PayPal address so I can verify that it works.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure that works? I did another ebay id and bought someting using the same paypal address but is not showing in my live cashback account.

[quote name='cerot']Are you sure that works? I did another ebay id and bought someting using the same paypal address but is not showing in my live cashback account.[/quote]You have to make sure that your PayPal account is "linked" to that eBay account. Make a separate live ID for the cashback too. I know this works because I maxed out cashback on both accounts. I'm already trying a third eBay account. :)

[quote name='silent h3ro']You have to make sure that your PayPal account is "linked" to that eBay account. Make a separate live ID for the cashback too. I know this works because I maxed out cashback on both accounts. I'm already trying a third eBay account. :)[/QUOTE]

Nevermind, i got the message today on "my ebay" to get the cashback. I used the same cashback account, so i hope there's not problem cause all my cashbacks are pending. You guys are getting instant cashback? Thanks for your help.

[quote name='silent h3ro']You have to make sure that your PayPal account is "linked" to that eBay account. Make a separate live ID for the cashback too. I know this works because I maxed out cashback on both accounts. I'm already trying a third eBay account. :)[/quote]

Hey how does Ebay link to your live id? In other words, If I create a new ebay id and link to my paypal, I add the paypal to the new live id.

Now I open live.com, get the cashback link. Once I go through checkout (I dont remember this part) how does it know what your live id address is?

Do you need to sign in to your live id account during the checkout?

[quote name='cerot']Nevermind, i got the message today on "my ebay" to get the cashback. I used the same cashback account, so i hope there's not problem cause all my cashbacks are pending. You guys are getting instant cashback? Thanks for your help.[/quote]

Instant cashback varies from user to user. Supposedly the more you use it, the more likely you will get instant.

[quote name='jhferry']Hey how does Ebay link to your live id? In other words, If I create a new ebay id and link to my paypal, I add the paypal to the new live id.

Now I open live.com, get the cashback link. Once I go through checkout (I dont remember this part) how does it know what your live id address is?

Do you need to sign in to your live id account during the checkout?[/quote]Since the last time I used cashback, I remember receiving a message under My Messages that was titled something like "Claim Your Cashback!". There was a button in that message that linked to live.com's cashback login page. That is where you login with your Live ID. You don't have to worry about linking your Live ID with Paypal or Ebay because they are unrelated. You only need to link your Paypal ID with your Ebay ID and use any Live account.

[quote name='BarbblerElf']Has anyone else received an invitation to "Ebay Bucks" reward program by ebay? I got an invitation yesterday.

Check if they picked you. They invite random people. I didn't know if I should make a post in the discussion thread so I just decided to post it here.[/quote]Thanks for the heads up :applause:

lol one note to everyone that it only work on Internet Explorer. The cash back option does not show up if you are using Firefox.

[quote name='Evi1d33d']lol one note to everyone that it only work on Internet Explorer. The cash back option does not show up if you are using Firefox.[/quote]
Wrong. You most likely ad adblock on or something. I use Firefox and it works!

[quote name='MightyHealthy']Thanks for the heads up :applause:[/quote]

No problem.

[quote name='Evi1d33d']lol one note to everyone that it only work on Internet Explorer. The cash back option does not show up if you are using Firefox.[/quote]

I used it on firefox too and it worked.

[quote name='BarbblerElf']No problem.

I used it on firefox too and it worked.[/QUOTE]

yeah I got invited to this two days ago as well... another 2% or whatever cant hurt..
Too bad i literally just bought a 225 item a few hours before the invite.

[quote name='Snake2715']yeah I got invited to this two days ago as well... another 2% or whatever cant hurt..
Too bad i literally just bought a 225 item a few hours before the invite.[/quote]

Same exact thing happened to me (same price too). There goes $4.50.

[quote name='espy605']Same exact thing happened to me (same price too). There goes $4.50.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like its not even worth mentioning on the surface doesnt it.... but then we look at Rockband revolution @ $5 to $19 TIV and take that $19 and .....

Oh well for $4.50 its not worth the hassle.

[quote name='Snake2715']Sounds like its not even worth mentioning on the surface doesnt it.... but then we look at Rockband revolution @ $5 to $19 TIV and take that $19 and .....

Oh well for $4.50 its not worth the hassle.[/quote]

You are not a CAG!

Just went down a few minutes ago to 10% :(

And I was just about buying something as well. Oh well this plus the 8% ebay coupon isn't too bad but still not great as it could have been.

[quote name='optimusprime8062']No way, they are playing with our emotions. It will be 20% in a month or so...[/QUOTE]

Or they'll just take it away again, then bring it back for half of what it was.

I went ahead and used one on a small item at 10% and I got instant cash back the same day. Is this new? Had to wait before then request my cash back payment.

[quote name='seen']And now its at 8% :cry:[/QUOTE]

Damn... I guess I should be glad that I used it while it was 9%. But this discount is never good when I needed.

Hey guys, is this working for you right now? I click the correct link on live.com and when i am on ebay the discount is not showing. It worked just fine before..

Im waiting for a seller I know who puts her auctions into her store if they dont sell. Here's to hoping that it doesnt fall anymore in 2 days >_

bread's done
Back