Bing GOLD RUSH EVENT - DEC 4 - EBAY CURRENTLY AT 15% GO GO GO!

gomikeoh

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
http://www.bing.com/community/blogs...ark-your-calendars-a-gold-rush-is-coming.aspx

MARK YO CALENDARS.

From cnet blog about event:

Bing Gold Rush Many people really like Microsoft's Bing cashback program, and with good reason: After buying stuff you were going to buy anyway, you get money back. Three percent here, 10 percent there--it adds up. Starting Black Friday, retailers like AT&T, eBay, Gap, Sears, and Walmart will be raising their cashback rates as high as 35 percent. Microsoft didn't give me any specific details, but if you're planning to shop online, Bing is probably a smart place to start.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13845_3-10402387-58.html

I'm trying to find a 120gb hard drive for the 360 that isn't a bootleg that will work on XBL. Man now ebay is flooded with the knock-offs.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']It did, thanks for that! Gonna get me one of those 250 GB HDD. The 20 GB just isn't cutting it anymore for all the DLC and Arcade games and Installs.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just did the same thing!

[quote name='spideymike']I'm trying to find a 120gb hard drive for the 360 that isn't a bootleg that will work on XBL. Man now ebay is flooded with the knock-offs.[/QUOTE]

The "bootleg" drives do currently work on XBL (they banned modded consoles, and you can't use off-brand memory cards anymore). Of course that's no guarantee for the future.

[quote name='dfo']The "bootleg" drives do currently work on XBL (they banned modded consoles, and you can't use off-brand memory cards anymore). Of course that's no guarantee for the future.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Thanks. I may still wait for an official one that's a decent price though. Better safe than banned. ;)

EDIT: Just came across an article from November which states:
"Recently, Microsoft has been working hard to keep a tighter grip on its Xbox revenue stream, following in the example of Apple, Inc. and others. Its new update reportedly will lock out third party storage solutions from the console. Third party storage typically retails for much less that Microsoft's offerings. By locking out its competitors, Microsoft likely is hoping to tack on more earnings to its already substantial stream from the Xbox."

If this is really the case, I'm going to buy official Xbox hard drives just in case.

[quote name='slowdive21']There is no way to know if it will be instant or 60 days on ebay (this has been debated since early last year).

I can tell you, if you have already used CB on ebay, waited 60 days and received your fist CB, and under your account settings it says you are signed up for 'quick cashback', then you will probably receive instant CB on your next ebay purchase.

Usually your first ebay CB is 60 days.[/QUOTE]

My last 3 ebay CB's have all been instant at the time of purchase and even shows up as I'm paying.

20% on IE but not Firefox. Most likely have to flush the cache, which I don't feel like doing.

Now the question is... will it go up any further?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']
Now the question is... while it go up any further?[/QUOTE]
Always a risk. I forget if it went up to 25% or 30% for a short while last Christmas, but then I think it dropped hard.

Sweetness, it worked! This is very VMMY, but there's a 10% ebay coupon from paypal.

Check your email linked to your paypal account. The code is CEBAY10DEC, but it's one-time-use and you MUST receive said email to be able to use the code (a few people have claimed otherwise, perhaps it was in the spam folder). According to the text of the email, it's to be used on clothing, shoes and accessories, but it works on other things as well. If you get it, it stacks with Bing cashback.

An easy way to check if the code works for you is by using a buy-it-now immediate payment auction - it will log you into paypal and show you if the code actually works. You can skip the final step to avoid paying for the item and thus losing the coupon. I used this auction to double-check that it worked on other items and that it really was tied to my account. *WARNING: I am not responsible if you click-through the final step and finalize said auction.* I intentionally found a cheap auction in case someone screws up and accidentally buys it-- but please, use your head and don't screw up (unless you really want that book).

I personally bought some music hardware worth $200. That's $20 off with the 10% code and $40 instant cashback with 20% bing, as well as $4 from the 2% future ebay bucks.

Did anyone ever try to get Bing to "pricematch"? Not sure of the exact word for it, but since I bought something with the 15% and it raised to 20% today, anyone ever try to ask if they could apply the new offer? Thing is, I bought the FFXIII bundle for $690, with $103.50 cashback yesterday. If I had waited a day, it'd be $690 with $138 cashback, which is a big difference for a CAG. Now I'm FML.

[quote name='ithebigc']Did anyone ever try to get Bing to "pricematch"? Not sure of the exact word for it, but since I bought something with the 15% and it raised to 20% today, anyone ever try to ask if they could apply the new offer? Thing is, I bought the FFXIII bundle for $690, with $103.50 cashback yesterday. If I had waited a day, it'd be $690 with $138 cashback, which is a big difference for a CAG. Now I'm FML.[/QUOTE]
Don't think so. You have to be "in the moment" because they're constantly changing the percentage.

Where are people seeing the eBay discounts?

Before, they would show up right at the top 3 or 4 search results. But now, I don't see anything regardless of what I search for. I've never had an issue before but I haven't been able to get anything to show up since this whole "Gold Rush" thing started.

^ Sometimes they're in the right hand column. But I keep seeing it in a light blue box that indicates the first four search results (before you get to pictures).

[quote name='Indiana Jones']^ Sometimes they're in the right hand column. But I keep seeing it in a light blue box that indicates the first four search results (before you get to pictures).[/QUOTE]

I think somethings wrong with FF. They show up just fine in Explorer... well, too late now. I could've used 20% earlier today.

[quote name='Guerrilla']Sweetness, it worked! This is very VMMY, but there's a 10% ebay coupon from paypal.

Check your email linked to your paypal account. The code is CEBAY10DEC, but you MUST receive said email to be able to use the code (a few people have claimed otherwise, perhaps it was in the spam folder). According to the text of the email, it's to be used on clothing, shoes and accessories, but it works on other things as well. If you get it, it stacks with Bing cashback.

An easy way to check if the code works is by using a buy-it-now immediate payment auction - it will log you into paypal and show you if the code actually works. You can skip the final step to avoid paying for the item and thus losing the coupon. I used this auction to double-check that it worked on other items and that it really was tied to my account. *WARNING: I am not responsible if you click-through the final step and finalize said auction.* I intentionally found a cheap auction in case someone screws up and accidentally buys it-- but please, use your head and don't screw up (unless you really want that book).

I personally bought some music hardware worth $200. That's $20 off with the 10% code and $40 instant cashback with 20% bing, as well as $4 from the 2% future ebay bucks.[/QUOTE]

Awesome post. That extra 10% worked for me!!! :D

**EDIT**

Going through to Paypal meant it didn't work anymore. Oh well. :(

Was searching for newegg cashback :lol: and found that the term: lenovo also gets the 20% ebay cashback.

That 10% coupon worked for me when I applied it, but when I clicked to pay for the order, a message came up saying that it was 'linked to another account.' wtf? Should I call ebay and ask them to fix this?

Just used the 20% and got instant cashback from paypal. No waiting for me.

BTW The highest I seen is 35% but I never cash in on it when it was that high. I did used it when it was 30% in December.

[quote name='Ravaged']That 10% coupon worked for me when I applied it, but when I clicked to pay for the order, a message came up saying that it was 'linked to another account.' wtf? Should I call ebay and ask them to fix this?[/QUOTE]
If you don't have the coupon tied to your account and try to use it anyway, you'll get a false positive (but the coupon will be removed when you actually pay for it). The only way to verify you have said coupon tied to your ebay/paypal account (without having the email) is to test it with the buy-it-now immediate payment test that I outlined above.

Emailing them about a fix probably won't work, because not everyone received this coupon on their account. As I said, it's YMMV.

[quote name='Guerrilla']If you don't have the coupon tied to your account and try to use it anyway, you'll get a false positive (but the coupon will be removed when you actually pay for it). The only way to verify you have said coupon tied to your ebay/paypal account (without having the email) is to test it with the buy-it-now immediate payment test that I outlined above.

Emailing them about a fix probably won't work, because not everyone received this coupon on their account. As I said, it's YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Ah, okay. Figured it was something along the lines of that, but thanks for the clarification.

keywords make the difference, although I can't get 20% to show up anymore for me.

panasonic, nintendo wii, playstation 3, roomba, etc... different searches will result in different % of cashbacks, sadly. If someone finds something that works for 20% still, please post :)

bread's done
Back