Bing! " more cashback then usual "

benartmao

CAGiversary!
Got an email
As a special thank you to our
favorite customers:

We wanted you to be among the first to know about our incredible back to school savings.

Starting AUGUST 10th, just in time for back to school, you can earn even more cashback than usual. Don't forget to start shopping soon - deals like this don't last long!
Hoping it means ebay is gona have a % percentage so i can start getting those games. any ideaS?

Grr, I attempted to do a cash back thing with Newegg a few months back, but it never actually gave me anything, so I've given up.

Yeah, Bing pisses me off because out of five attempts to get it working (where it was already proven to work), I've received fuck all.

I've done one deal under Bing Cashback, and it just shows as still pending. I "should" get $200 back in 14 days. (The end of the 90 day window).

Never had a problem with Bing cashback. Going to have to see where I can pick up some Xbox Live Points on the cheap...maybe a few games as well.

People who had "live cashback" accounts prior to the start of 2009 had their accounts rolled into "bing cashback" accounts, if you bought stuff in a certain window and have an older account you might have had problems where you didn't get your cash back posted, it took me 5 phone calls and countless emails between live/bing and ebay/paypal to get it sorted it, kinda a nightmare but the 120$ was on the line. Got it in the end but christ what I had to endure, I know some people out there probably just got hosed by not speaking up.

Oh and I got this email too, but mine Singled out Bing cashback for AMAZON.COM as the only referenced store, no mention of ebay fyi, ebay already has 8% at the moment, and now that it is promoted heavily already it probably will not ever go back to like 30%

this is kind of cool, but i never use bing nor do i really want to.
151l1259.jpg

If Amazon got cashback on top of ECA, that would be amazing!! But I agree, I read that email as school supply purchases but keeping my fingers crossed it's something bigger.

I have had lots of issues in the past getting Live/Bing to actually register purchases. Just keep track and contact them if you don't get an email within 48 hours of your purchase. They've always been very helpful for me. I've found IE seems to register the cashback more routinely than Firefox does, but I think that's because I block 3rd party cookies which seems to screw with Bing. (can't remember if I've tested turning on 3rd party cookies and ordering or not)

[quote name='freedomexplosions']this is kind of cool, but i never use bing nor do i really want to.
151l1259.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Not even for money? All you're doing is going through Bing to get to the store that you were going to buy something from anyway, and then the only time you have to go back is to claim your money. It's hardly an issue.

I have only gotten $3.00 back through paypal. The rest of my money just disappeared off the site and attempts to contact them are fruitless. Plus the last few times I tired to use their search site I received no results for the products. Done wasting my time with them.

[quote name='groundskeeper']I have only gotten $3.00 back through paypal. The rest of my money just disappeared off the site and attempts to contact them are fruitless. Plus the last few times I tired to use their search site I received no results for the products. Done wasting my time with them.[/QUOTE]

same about all of my money just disappearing. I did contact them and they told me PAYPAL has my money. Paypal said they never got a cent...

Waiting for the class action lawsuit

Bing/Live Cashback is annoying, and a couple of my recent orders aren't showing up, but on the plus side they've still paid me for canceled and returned orders, so I can't complain.

[quote name='slidecage']same about all of my money just disappearing. I did contact them and they told me PAYPAL has my money. Paypal said they never got a cent...

Waiting for the class action lawsuit[/QUOTE]

Glad I am not the only one. Luckily it was only about $5.50 that is owed to me.

FYI, it's more than usual, not then. Tha is for comparisons and then is for time.

So five apple is more than three apples.

But first you read a post and then you correct the grammar in the title.

it would still be accurate to say:

it's more cashback, then usual.

A bit of ellipsis going on, but english is cool like that

ok "tha" is for comparisons, gotcha. Anyways, according to the SD topic on this that was made a while back, the cashback % is actually going to double.

[quote name='Oktoberfest']ok "tha" is for comparisons, gotcha. Anyways, according to the SD topic on this that was made a while back, the cashback % is actually going to double.[/QUOTE]

For which retailers though? Each retailer gets to decide what percentage to offer through Bing, it's not like Microsoft can dictate it to them since the retailer ends up paying for it.

[quote name='vherub']it would still be accurate to say:

it's more cashback, then usual.

A bit of ellipsis going on, but english is cool like that[/QUOTE]

No, that doesn't make any fucking sense. For that to even be in the ballpark of correct he'd have to intend to say that they are giving more cashback now and then after more cashback it goes back to the usual cashback. That'd be an incomplete sentence, which I would probably let slide but it still wouldn't be proper. So no, English is not "cool like that."

Are you also the type to argue that you really meant "could care less" when that isn't the meaning of the idiom in any place or time but you are too embarrassed to admit that you (like many people) simply learned it incorrectly and actually meant to say "couldn't care less"?

Come correct or gtfo. Ignorance is fine, everyone is ignorant at many points in their lives (that's why we have learning), but making excuses for it is stupid.

[quote name='bojay1997']For which retailers though? Each retailer gets to decide what percentage to offer through Bing, it's not like Microsoft can dictate it to them since the retailer ends up paying for it.[/QUOTE]

sd believes this only applies to select retailers.

[quote name='hpv']No, that doesn't make any fucking sense. For that to even be in the ballpark of correct he'd have to intend to say that they are giving more cashback now and then after more cashback it goes back to the usual cashback. That'd be an incomplete sentence, which I would probably let slide but it still wouldn't be proper. So no, English is not "cool like that."

Are you also the type to argue that you really meant "could care less" when that isn't the meaning of the idiom in any place or time but you are too embarrassed to admit that you (like many people) simply learned it incorrectly and actually meant to say "couldn't care less"?

Come correct or gtfo. Ignorance is fine, everyone is ignorant at many points in their lives (that's why we have learning), but making excuses for it is stupid.[/QUOTE]

It's not really the place, except the internet is always the place. So.
I don't think you have a firm grasp of English. It's a mutt language, it's rules are of a prisonbreak school. There was never a golden age when it's/its base was pure, nor will there be. It's not like latin, nor was it ever, regardless of clowns who forbid splitting infinitives or question the use of pluperfect subjunctive tenses. I mean Christ, there isn't even a way to express gender vagueness. We have to use nonsense like "he or she" - how stupid is that. English is a poor, broken language better at obstructing conversation than eliciting proper dialogue. Spelling bees? Homonyms? Silent letters? Are you really trying to defend a language that is making a fool out of its users?
I say tear the whole thing down and create something where a person isn't tricked into some than/then idiocy. Understanding is the ultimate goal of any language, otherwise it fails.

[quote name='vherub']It's not really the place, except the internet is always the place. So.
I don't think you have a firm grasp of English. It's a mutt language, it's rules are of a prisonbreak school. There was never a golden age when it's/its base was pure, nor will there be. It's not like latin, nor was it ever, regardless of clowns who forbid splitting infinitives or question the use of pluperfect subjunctive tenses. I mean Christ, there isn't even a way to express gender vagueness. We have to use nonsense like "he or she" - how stupid is that. English is a poor, broken language better at obstructing conversation than eliciting proper dialogue. Spelling bees? Homonyms? Silent letters? Are you really trying to defend a language that is making a fool out of its users?
I say tear the whole thing down and create something where a person isn't tricked into some than/then idiocy. Understanding is the ultimate goal of any language, otherwise it fails.[/QUOTE]

Hey, do what you will, but you're the one who comes off as unintelligent when you speak "incorrectly". It really doesn't help to take a scholarly defense for an honest mistake.

[quote name='vherub']It's not really the place, except the internet is always the place. So.
I say tear the whole thing down and create something where a person isn't tricked into some than/then idiocy. Understanding is the ultimate goal of any language, otherwise it fails.[/QUOTE]

So you're saying because there are a wide range of rules borrowed and adapted from a multitude of other languages that there aren't any rules at all and that no words have meaning?

Do you know what the fuck "then" means? Do you know what "than" means? Do you understand that "can" and "can not" are exact opposites?

There is no "trick" in those things except people who don't think about the words coming out of their mouths or the ones they are typing on their keyboard. And "its" and "it's" have very specific meanings as well.

When you completely ignore the language and use any word that sounds similar is when you begin breaking down understanding.

But you're probably too damn dense to understand that. It's (< only has one meaning, son) really pathetic.

[quote name='Justin42']Well, if we're going to go entirely off topic, maybe this clip from the British Big Brother will explain all you need to know about language origins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn9_P6gFi-I[/QUOTE]

The argument (if you can call the lopsided beating I've been putting on that clown and "argument") has nothing to do with language origins. It has to do with language usage, which I understand and he doesn't because they don't teach it in clown school.

My point is english is a joke. It is a redundant and embarrassing means of communication. It seems designed to confuse the speaker/listener relationship and it translates extremely poorly from a spoken dialect to the written word.
A language that has a genitive case for only some of its words is a disgrace.
If you want to hop on the internet and defend english, that's fine. But it reveals a level of cluelessness when the object of your defense is so pathetic.

It is like the allegory, Scotty Doesn't Know.
You are Scotty.
English is Fiona.
And the speaker is every single person who has ever used English.
You are defending the honor of a cheating, whore.

For what it's worth, I got all my ebay live cashback from them, including some from big purchases. Worked great for me, but I know that some have had issues. YMMV.

[quote name='vherub']My point is english is a joke. It is a redundant and embarrassing means of communication. It seems designed to confuse the speaker/listener relationship and it translates extremely poorly from a spoken dialect to the written word.
A language that has a genitive case for only some of its words is a disgrace.
If you want to hop on the internet and defend english, that's fine. But it reveals a level of cluelessness when the object of your defense is so pathetic.

It is like the allegory, Scotty Doesn't Know.
You are Scotty.
English is Fiona.
And the speaker is every single person who has ever used English.
You are defending the honor of a cheating, whore.[/QUOTE]

You seem consigned to its fate. If your (see what I did there?) so upset about it, wouldn't you be more inclined to be a stickler about proper usage?

[quote name='Jodou']Yeah, Bing pisses me off because out of five attempts to get it working (where it was already proven to work), I've received fuck all.[/QUOTE]
8% banner on top doesnt show up at all? what i do in those situations is change browsers. i usually use firefox when i do bing cashback but every so often for some weird reason it doesnt work. i really dont use internet explorer other than using it for bing. hope that works out for you.

O_O;

I browse this very thread and I immediately receive a club bing-related email.

Somehow, they know... >_>

*puts on tin foil hat and sways back & forth in the corner muttering nonsense about bigger brother, conspiracies, and aliens*

bread's done
Back