Bionic Commando (360) $8.99 at Amazon

I can't believe I'm still doubting myself on this pickup.

I will probably end up picking this up . . . for better or for worse.

Thanks, Cheapy. In for one.

Other deals:

Jericho (360) - $6.43
Fracture (360) - $12.14
Mirror's Edge (360) - $11.95
Afro Samurai (360) - $14.48

[quote name='urmomlikesme']I politely disagree XD[/QUOTE]

and I politely disagree with you disagreeing. I paid full price for B.C., and was not disappointed. It's sad seeing this game get such a bad rep., it's quite a good game. The story may be wacky, but the gameplay is extremely fun.

The only people I've heard complain about it are people who can't get used to the controls, and just end up dying a lot because of it. It seems to be love it or hate it.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']and I politely disagree with you disagreeing. I paid full price for B.C., and was not disappointed. It's sad seeing this game get such a bad rep., it's quite a good game. The story may be wacky, but the gameplay is extremely fun.

The only people I've heard complain about it are people who can't get used to the controls, and just end up dying a lot because of it. It seems to be love it or hate it.[/QUOTE]
This man speaks the truth.

[quote name='e Skrilla']should I or shouldnt I? Damn good deal for this. How's replay value and if there are online achievements, forgetaboutit[/QUOTE]

The game itself is very much enjoyable, the only problem with it was that it had a tone of collectibles, but never gave players chance to replay the game to come back unless players start the entire game as a new save. Also, challenges don't save by themselves when they are unlocked until players progress to next save point.
Unfortunately, it seems to be a minor issue but rather a major one.

I liked it, and I paid 20$ for it.

It was enjoyable to me once I got the hang of the arm controls and I was soaring like a eagle lol

I just now bought bionic commando off of newegg. for 8.99 no tax & free shipping.

I had received the 5 dollars off promo in my email for newegg so the game actually only cost me 4.99 shipped.

I also used bing live search cashback for 18 cents back. :)

[quote name='e Skrilla']should I or shouldnt I? Damn good deal for this. How's replay value and if there are online achievements, forgetaboutit[/QUOTE]

I think Bionic Commando was one of the most underrated games to come out in a long while. The reviews were terrible, but I found it to be an extremely intense and over the top action game that just got better and better the more I played. Plus... Steve Blum does the voice of Super Joe.... you can't go wrong here. Haha

[quote name='sherisdoppel']The game itself is very much enjoyable, the only problem with it was that it had a tone of collectibles, but never gave players chance to replay the game to come back unless players start the entire game as a new save. Also, challenges don't save by themselves when they are unlocked until players progress to next save point.
Unfortunately, it seems to be a minor issue but rather a major one.[/QUOTE]

You mean the challenges are...challenging? :D

got it in a trade when it was on sale for $20. thought it was worth the price. very good game imo and i dont agree with all the hate on this one. it has a learning curve but once you get used to it it is very enjoyable, but a bit challenging at points, but that was expected going in it. anyone with the slightest interest in this game should try it for $9.

Is anybody playing this online still? I beat it on PS3, but for some stupid reason I want to buy it on 360 too for only $9.

This game was a mixed bag.

The bad:
-Most of the levels were fairly confined and bordered by a wall of "radioactive" fog. You WILL die numerous times as a result of accidentally walking into the fog and not being able to get out in time. An awful design decision.
-The main character looks stupid. Normally I wouldn't care but in this case it's so bad that it's worth noting.
-The story is awful. Again, I usually don't care but it's just so bad I had to mention it.
-The swinging motion was never as fluid as I would have wanted.
-The game throws some fairly annoying enemies at you, repeatedly, which are more challenging to defeat than they should be. It gets tiresome.

The good:
-The automatic lock on when swinging around works fairly well once you get used to it.
-It wasn't super long.
-I actually played it to the end, so in spite of its flaws it still manages to be fun enough to stay with.

I would have felt ripped off at full price but I paid $20 sometime last year and felt I got my money's worth. So for $10ish it's even better.

I completely agree with GilmooDaddy. Sure, this game is no masterpiece, but it's a FUN game. I thought the ending was incredibly awesome too, and this is coming from someone who has played the original Bionic Commando multiple times...not including Rearmed (which I also beat a couple times). For 8.99, I think I may buy another copy just to give to someone... My only complaint - the ugly hair style they chose for him :/

I bought this game for full price on the day it came out and don't regret it at all. The multiplayer was fun while people were playing it and the single player is action-packed. For people that complain about the look of the main character, if you have BC: Rearmed you can get an alternate costume that isn't quite as bad.

[quote name='rushisrighton']I just now bought bionic commando off of newegg. for 8.99 no tax & free shipping.

I had received the 5 dollars off promo in my email for newegg so the game actually only cost me 4.99 shipped.

I also used bing live search cashback for 18 cents back. :)[/QUOTE]
The FS @ Newegg can save you from finding a filler if you don't have Prime.
Use Bing Cashback to get 2% cashback at Newegg. When at Newegg, simply search "Bionic."
Or, use links:

1. Newegg: $8.99 Xbox 360 Bionic Commando
  2. Newegg: $9.99 PS3 Bionic Commando (special $15 discount if combo'd with LINKSYS WUSB600N USB 2.0 Wireless-N USB Network Adapter)

I just ordered this from Newegg last week, so I hope to receive it soon :). Sorry to threadcrap, CheapyD.

This game was really treated unfairly by reviewers.

I think a lot of people went into it expecting something similar to Spider-Man games, and in that case, you'll be disappointed, but if you don't mind an intense, if linear game, it's a lot of fun.

I paid $20 last summer and have no regrets.

kinda pissed i didnt see the newegg @ 8.99 i'd just gotten the $5 off email too. damn i guess i bit to soon and cost myself an extra $4.xx. anything else good and cheap on newegg i can use that $5 off?

[quote name='imri']kinda pissed i didnt see the newegg @ 8.99 i'd just gotten the $5 off email too. damn i guess i bit to soon and cost myself an extra $4.xx. anything else good and cheap on newegg i can use that $5 off?[/QUOTE]
Are you too late to cancel your order?

There are tons of good games with great prices at Newegg. Read the last few pages of the Newegg - $15 and Under Thread to find the most recent price drops, and then check the Metacritic score on the game to determine if it's crap or not. If anything, I'd recommend Crackdown (listed in the OP).

yeah i was too late, seriously in a matter of less than 10 minutes i wasnt able to cancel my order. it went into processing i guess cuz of Prime 2-day shipping. oh well whatever.

This game was pretty awful, in my opinion, and GRIN deserved to go under for this nugget and Terminator Salvation. But it does have $10 worth of fun in it.

[quote name='imri']yeah i was too late, seriously in a matter of less than 10 minutes i wasnt able to cancel my order. it went into processing i guess cuz of Prime 2-day shipping. oh well whatever.[/QUOTE]

I ordered something in the XMAS SEASON and it went straight to shipping in less than 2 hours, no Prime. So it kind of depends on your luck...

Good deal on Bionic, but I'm passing. Backlog too big... someone mentioned this being one of those games that'll stay sealed for lack of time... totally agreed.

LAWL i remember this game dropping to $20 at gamestop not even a month after release. Guess ill pick this up again and finally be able to finish it.

Meh, for $8 it isn't bad but the game is just one stupid design decision after another, and never actually gets good. Tepid levels. Tepid combat. Just an unimpressive game from tip to toenails.

I bought this game for $20, and actually liked it until the last level. The last level pretty much makes it worth $5 for both story and gameplay. I have never played a game that so squarely fell flat on it's face until this one.

This game is so dude looks like a lady.

This game is so great. Most of the complaints come from people who started on the hardest difficulty and were wondering why they kept dying. There are some flaws and areas that get annoying, but I bought it for $19.99 and was completely happy with my purchase.

For trophies/achievement hunters, DO NOT try to do it all in one playthrough on Commando. Get collectibles/challenges done during a Normal run and then go on to Commando.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']and I politely disagree with you disagreeing. I paid full price for B.C., and was not disappointed. It's sad seeing this game get such a bad rep., it's quite a good game. The story may be wacky, but the gameplay is extremely fun.

The only people I've heard complain about it are people who can't get used to the controls, and just end up dying a lot because of it. It seems to be love it or hate it.[/QUOTE]

Truth. I also paid full price. It's a good game with a lot of potential - it's a shame it will never be fully realized in a sequel. For what it is, though, swinging around is tons of fun in this one.

it's not worth your time...crysis was better
smile.gif
and even if it seems like prototype the fun is worse....

I also enjoyed it when I got it at Target a few months ago. Yes, the controls are a bit wonky, but I still enjoyed playing it quite a bit. Worth the $$.

[quote name='drjki']it's not worth your time...crysis was better
smile.gif
and even if it seems like prototype the fun is worse....[/QUOTE]

Yeah I found Mass Effect 1 to be better than this. :roll:

I paid full price for this game (mainly to get Gamecrazy's lunch box) and I enjoyed it a lot, to the point of getting 1000 achievement points. I enjoyed it the most once I had everything but the Commando achievement done.

There wasn't enough oversight on this game to keep Grin from fucking it up. More Capcom employees should have been around to keep them from doing things like the blue radiation encroaching in on the levels so much, not being able to replay any mission and keep what you earned, or even letting you do a new game+. Lots of stupid "how did you guys manage this?" moments (I'm guessing the quality of BC suffered because they also spent time working on Wanted and Terminator).

But like I said, it is in Commando mode, when I'm not worrying about collectibles, and by now I really know how to handle the challenges, that the game felt like it reached it's peak. PS. It's a nice fucking peak.

There have been many great combat moments where I find myself just swinging away in time or I quickly toss something at a bunch of guys before they know I'm there. It was tense tense tense! For those who say the combat is tepid I'm guessing you never finished the game. By the end it's less about how you are shooting and more about how you utilize your arm and even more so on Commando difficulty. And none of the enemies are that annoying. I know which one someone was referring to, the mechs that throw hadokens, which I discovered can be broken out of their charge up animation by a few rounds of fire to the glowing ball of blue. It got a lot easier to deal with them after that.

And the soundtrack is one of the best I've heard in recent time. It's clever in how it reuses the same theme over and over again but how and when really sets it a part. Many of my favorite moments in the game are tied directly to what song was playing at the time.

Once you get the hang of it, this is a solid game. Go buy it.

bread's done
Back