Bioshock 2 premise revealed via leaked Game Informer info

Well, after reading the GI pages, I'm at least still a little bit interested in BS2. It's no longer a pre-order for me, but I'd like to see what happens. I can definitely do without multiplayer, though. Just seems like a concession to the morons who cry everytime a game doesn't have MP. I mean, I think we all know that even in this era of online console gaming, games can be successful, both critically and financially, without any kind of multiplayer component. Mass Effect, BioShock, Fallout 3, and Dead Space are some of my favorite titles of the last few years.

This seems like the worst premises ever as playing as a big daddy was one of my least favorite things in Bioshock.

Ohhh well, I have been wrong before.

So the game will take about 75 hours to finish since you'll move pretty slow as Big Daddy.

Then again he looks pretty thin in some of those pictures. Maybe this is Slim Daddy? You know, before he began his daily binges at Taco Bell?

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']This seems like the worst premises ever as playing as a big daddy was one of my least favorite things in Bioshock.

Ohhh well, I have been wrong before.[/QUOTE]

It's like they asked each other what the worst part of the game was, then decided to make a game out of it.

Big Daddies and Little Sisters were cool for the atmosphere of Bioshock, but they weren't the main attraction at all...

Bioshock was one of those games that console players ate up. PC players? Not so much.

No one in my online gaming community even finished the PC version of the game because it got so stagnant and repetitive. "Shoot shoot shoot, plasmid + wrench, shoot shoot shoot some more, hack, rinse, repeat."

The hacking minigame was incredibly retarded, as well. The only thing the game had going for it was art direction.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Then again he looks pretty thin in some of those pictures. Maybe this is Slim Daddy? You know, before he began his daily binges at Taco Bell?[/quote]

That's the Big Sister.

[quote name='redshadow']Bioshock was one of those games that console players ate up. PC players? Not so much.[/quote]

I beat it on the PC...twice. And a ton of people that I use to talk to on the GameFAQs board did, as well. Gamers are gamers. And if a game is good, gamers will play it.

[quote name='seanr1221']This seems like it would work better as an expansion.[/quote]

I agree completely.

Saw GametrailersTV, it looks totally awesome. Looks like the same old stuff (which is great).

The flooding of the entire room was really sweet.

I really liked the atmospheric moments in the beginning and I was totally blown away by the underwater sequence. Combat looks okay, and I'm not totally digging it, mainly because I don't want it to just be more of Bioshock one with a melee attack. Looks good so far.

the gameplay video shows some solid game-play and atmosphere, but as said before, the concept/story sucks. I'll still buy it I guess, but it looks like I won't be getting the same profound experience I got with the first one. It'll just be another stupid shooter.

/me still doesn't understand why they didn't do a prequel

As the other poster said, it looks like more of the same gameplay-wise, which is good in my book. I love BioShock. The idea of being stuck in this cat and mouse game with the Big Sister is definitely interesting. But I don't want the damn protection missions!!!

At least the sequel should push me to play the first on PS3; haven't yet since people on forums seemed so adamant that it was never coming to PS3 I decided to watch some walkthroughs and the ending on YouTube.

As for the BioShock 2 gameplay, they need to make the player's footsteps heavy and echo if he's a Big Daddy himself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not thrilled at the idea of a Bioshock 2.

I mean, Rapture is a pretty beat up place all through Bioshock. I don't know if I can believe that it has resisted the crushing pressure of millions of tons of seawater for 10 years. Big Daddies around to maintain it or not, that place was a wreck.

bread's done
Back