Bioshock (360, new) $19.99 all FYE/Sam Goody B&M

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This was originally posted by averageguy, and then a mod added it to the 50% off YMMV thread for FYE. However this appears to be a national sale! Two stores in the phoenix area that were not clearing out their new games had this price. Many other CAGs all say their FYEs also have this price... so it doesn't appear to be YMMV and is not associated with the store-wide clearance sales happening at only a handful of stores.

UPDATE: Apparently Sam Goody has the same sale price.

The UPC is 710425299636, used copies will ring up for $49.99 because they have a different UPC.

CardShark4Life reports that the sale is valid through March.

[quote name='averageguy']

Bioshock 19.99 Fye YMMv xbox 360
Just got back from the Fye Superstore and noticed they had Bioshock for 19.99 straight out the door with no MIR

This was in the Hamburg, NY location[/quote]

[quote name='HotShotX']
I've made the following thread for the sole purpose of organizing the effort to pair up buyers and sellers for New FYE BioShock copies (hopefully, a total not for profit effort). Help your fellow CAGs, and check it out.

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171323

~HotShotX[/quote]

later ill try and post a scan of my receipt for sears pm'ers. Otherwise just have them call your fye.

cheers,
Mike

[quote name='miktau']later ill try and post a scan of my receipt for sears pm'ers. Otherwise just have them call your fye.

cheers,
Mike[/quote]

I got shot down at my local Sear's for a pricematch, and I had the game/receipt from the FYE that is located IN THE SAME MALL.

The cashier was ready to do it (receipt and game was clear evidence), but checked with his manager and the she said no; the price difference was too much and she would not pricematch it. I was a bit shocked, especially considering there is no where mentioning "if, and or but" concerning the pricematch policy.

I called the sears customer service line, and another nice lady came on to tell me in order to do a price match, sears must have a circular with the advertised price. So I try the simpliest of jedi mind tricks and stated that once I bring a circular in the price match will happen automatically, right? The lady on the phone told me no; I asked why not, to which she replied that Sear's must call the store to verify stock AND price. Hmmm, so I ask the obvious question as to what purpose the circular provides since Sear's had to call to verify stock and price? She went into an agitated rant stating that they absolutely must have the circular; I threw salt into the wound by asking her if she could see where I was coming from. This further infuriated her as I would obviously be taking money directly out of her pocket. I then inquired further; I asked her if a receipt is not a reliable source for the pricmatch and she said it would not be.

Oh, another point brought up in the conversation; circular for FYE is not published in our local area - asked if I can bring a print out from the website - told no (however bioshock is not reduced on fye's website anyhow - no help in this particular instance). It absolutely MUST be a circular, according to the lady on the phone which rules how ambiguous price match policies would be levied against me at the local Sears.

This is a first for Sear's being bastages with their PM policy, so be forewarned. I hope no others experience this; though it is possible (I did).

Considering what the availiability of BioShock is in various FYEs, are there a few CAGs out there willing to secure extra copies for the sole purpose of reselling them to CAGs for no more than Retail + Shipping? (Maybe $21 + $4-5 Shipping)

A decent amount of working together can ensure a cheap copy of BioShock in the hands of many appreciative CAGs.

And, if a couple of your are particularly interested, pick up a few copies for the Troops in Iraq:
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165222

~HotShotX

does FYE still print ads? If so I haven't seen them in a long time. You just got some a**holes at your Sears. They obviously did not want you to have the game PMed so they made excuses. You can file a complaint against the Sears manager and rep. Unless Bioshock was considered a sale or clearance item you should have received your PM. I suggest you check with your FYE again. If you really want the game or just in the mood to give them a hard time I suggest you read and print Sear's PM policy and bring it to them. Technically, their policy doesn't even mentioning bringing a circular to PM. As if bringing the receipt and game isn't proof enough heh I don't know try another Sears? Sears PM policy:

If you find a lower price on an identical branded item with the same features currently available for sale at another local retail store Sears will match that price Plus, give you 10% of the difference. Just tell your sales associate at the time of, or within 30 days after, your purchase.

Exclusions
Sears will not match competitors' bonus or free offers, special offers, rebates, financing offers, clearance or closeout prices, or prices on used, damaged, returned, open box or display merchandise, service contracts or automotive services, or installation, delivery, or assembly services. Sears will not match competitors' prices that result from a price match.
Sears Price Match Plus Policy does not apply to parts, Sears licensed partner websites, digital services, "Sears Presents" and Shop At Home catalogs.
Stores in Puerto Rico, Alaska and Hawaii will not match any online prices.

Price Protection Policy

The Price Protection Policy allows customers to receive a price adjustment if the product goes on sale up to 30 days later. To claim your Price Protection Policy adjustment, please go to the original Sears store with your receipt. For Sears.com orders, please call us at (800)349-4358.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/nb_10153_12605_NB_CSpricematch?adCell=AF&sid=I0084400010000100312&aff=Y

[quote name='autche']Oh, another point brought up in the conversation; circular for FYE is not published in our local area - asked if I can bring a print out from the website - told no (however bioshock is not reduced on fye's website anyhow - no help in this particular instance). It absolutely MUST be a circular, according to the lady on the phone which rules how ambiguous price match policies would be levied against me at the local Sears.[/quote]That's crazy. A Sears I go to has a PC with an internet page set up with all of the websites they pm on it. I brought in a printout from CompUSA.com (after ALL local CUSAs had closed a few months before) and they said it was unnecessary and that they would go to the site through their links. Easy as could be. I wish FYE's website had the same price. . .

To all the GA Cag members:

I had to go out near NP mall today, so I figured I'd stop in and see if they had any. Despite what the guy on the phone told me yesterday (that they didn't have any), I figured he might be wrong and it was worth a shot anyway.

Turns out I was right. Sure enough, they had one new copy of bioshock. It still had the regular retail sticker price of $60 though, so I was somewhat doubtful that I would get the deal.

I went up to the cashier (a newbie who obviously didn't know what he was doing--probably the guy on the phone yesterday) and told him I'd heard it was $20 at all FYEs. I asked him to scan it, and to his surprise, it was ringing up as $20. He had to double check with his manager but I got the deal.

Unfortunately, they didn't have any other copies or I would have picked some up for my fellow ATL CAG members.

With any luck they might get some more copies in before the sale is over. Keep trying and good luck to everyone.

[quote name='jdawgg76']That's crazy. A Sears I go to has a PC with an internet page set up with all of the websites they pm on it. I brought in a printout from CompUSA.com (after ALL local CUSAs had closed a few months before) and they said it was unnecessary and that they would go to the site through their links. Easy as could be. I wish FYE's website had the same price. . .[/quote]

same here... I really do to

The local Strongsville, OH South Park mall store was sold out of copies of Bioshock new. I should have called earlier and had them hold one for me. This was the same store where the cheerful lady on the phone said the game was $59.99. Lo and behold they had a $19.99 slot. The kid behind the counter offered me a used copy of the game for $45 (or whatever they had it for), but I politely declined. Oh well. I may try and see if they have the game in stock again next week, but I'm not holding my breath. I'll get this game eventually - but I won't pay more than this sale price. That's for sure. I'll be patient. After all, I'm a CAG.

went to the Oviedo Mall here in Oviedo,Florida...when i had called the employee told me they had 2 left...she said she would hold them for me...then when i got there she told me they were selling one when she was on the phone with me and told me there was one left...then she took it out and it was the box copy and it was supposedly new...when i looked @ it it was scratched...i was pissed off...but hey if anyone can find some kind of flyer or circular with bioshock @ 19.99 please post it here on the forum so i can go to walmart or best buy and price match

[quote name='conspiracy1989']went to the Oviedo Mall here in Oviedo,Florida...when i had called the employee told me they had 2 left...she said she would hold them for me...then when i got there she told me they were selling one when she was on the phone with me and told me there was one left...then she took it out and it was the box copy and it was supposedly new...when i looked @ it it was scratched...i was pissed off...but hey if anyone can find some kind of flyer or circular with bioshock @ 19.99 please post it here on the forum so i can go to walmart or best buy and price match[/quote]

I dont think FYE released a flyer advertising it for $19.99
If they did.. Alot of people including myself would of went to best buy to buy it.

This is definitely YMMV. I went to the FYE at the mall in Orlando, FL, and they don't even sell games -_- I got all excited and made that trip for nothing :whistle2:(

[quote name='GTZ_NSR']This is definitely YMMV. I went to the FYE at the mall in Orlando, FL, and they don't even sell games -_- I got all excited and made that trip for nothing :whistle2:([/quote]Just to clarify, the deal isn't YMMV, just whether or not each FYE sells games can be considered YMMV.

cool my bro scored one for me at the mall in Wichita, KS lol all sold out in KC area, I went there today and just had used copies for $49.99 (WTF haha) but I do know they'll exchange unsealed games w/o receipt lol w00t for me.

My local FYE did not have it in stock. I would be grateful if someone could please pick up a copy for me. I have Paypal or trade.

Thanks for mentioning it again, I got my copy of Bioshock for the price you gave thinking I would'nt see one.

I'm SO glad this happened. I played and beat this game a few months back but sold it due to funds.. now I have it again and even more people are able to play this great game, I'm happy for it. BIOSHOCK = GOTY

[quote name='KSHLove']does FYE still print ads? If so I haven't seen them in a long time. You just got some a**holes at your Sears. They obviously did not want you to have the game PMed so they made excuses. You can file a complaint against the Sears manager and rep. Unless Bioshock was considered a sale or clearance item you should have received your PM. I suggest you check with your FYE again. If you really want the game or just in the mood to give them a hard time I suggest you read and print Sear's PM policy and bring it to them. Technically, their policy doesn't even mentioning bringing a circular to PM. As if bringing the receipt and game isn't proof enough heh I don't know try another Sears? Sears PM policy:

If you find a lower price on an identical branded item with the same features currently available for sale at another local retail store Sears will match that price Plus, give you 10% of the difference. Just tell your sales associate at the time of, or within 30 days after, your purchase.

Exclusions
Sears will not match competitors' bonus or free offers, special offers, rebates, financing offers, clearance or closeout prices, or prices on used, damaged, returned, open box or display merchandise, service contracts or automotive services, or installation, delivery, or assembly services. Sears will not match competitors' prices that result from a price match.
Sears Price Match Plus Policy does not apply to parts, Sears licensed partner websites, digital services, "Sears Presents" and Shop At Home catalogs.
Stores in Puerto Rico, Alaska and Hawaii will not match any online prices.

Price Protection Policy
The Price Protection Policy allows customers to receive a price adjustment if the product goes on sale up to 30 days later. To claim your Price Protection Policy adjustment, please go to the original Sears store with your receipt. For Sears.com orders, please call us at (800)349-4358.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/nb_10153_12605_NB_CSpricematch?adCell=AF&sid=I0084400010000100312&aff=Y[/quote]

I called that 1-800#; they're the one telling me I needed to have a circular to pricematch. The she-b*tch manager was the one saying that she absolutely will not price match it due to the price being too great of a difference - she could give a rat's ass if I had a circular or not; she didn't want to lose money on the deal. It was a decision that clearly went against their policy, but when the 1-800# folks don't even stick behind their policy; what can you do - except go to circuit city and PM (110%). I got a copy for me and a friend there and I picked up a few from fye to spread around CAG. One has definitely been spoken for, possibly the 2nd one too so I may have 1 more left if another friend of mine (local) doesn't want it.

I would have given more grief to sear's, but really it is not worth the energy now. I know it is the weak way out but I only have so much fight in me and I want to save it for when I REALLY need it.

Went to an FYE about an hour away (was in the area) and was oos, so my offer remains if any cags wanna pick this up for me and get some compensation.

I got a sealed copy of Bioshock, if anyone is interested let me know before i sell it on ebay...CML for my wants...Got the last copy at Tacoma, WA...

Thanks OP, I went to my local FYE and picked a Bioshock on my way to work today. The manager of the store was quite surprised when the game rung up at $20.

[quote name='autche']I called that 1-800#; they're the one telling me I needed to have a circular to pricematch. The she-b*tch manager was the one saying that she absolutely will not price match it due to the price being too great of a difference - she could give a rat's ass if I had a circular or not; she didn't want to lose money on the deal. It was a decision that clearly went against their policy, but when the 1-800# folks don't even stick behind their policy; what can you do - except go to circuit city and PM (110%). I got a copy for me and a friend there and I picked up a few from fye to spread around CAG. One has definitely been spoken for, possibly the 2nd one too so I may have 1 more left if another friend of mine (local) doesn't want it.

I would have given more grief to sear's, but really it is not worth the energy now. I know it is the weak way out but I only have so much fight in me and I want to save it for when I REALLY need it.[/quote]

so you were able to price match it at circuit city?...and how

[quote name='rcaido']I got a sealed copy of Bioshock, if anyone is interested let me know before i sell it on ebay...CML for my wants...Got the last copy at Tacoma, WA...[/quote]

How much are you gonna sell it for?

[quote name='conspiracy1989']so you were able to price match it at circuit city?...and how[/quote]

I told the cashier at Circuit City that the price was $19.99 @ FYE and that they still had 3 in stock, and that I wanted to buy 2 from Circuit City. The guy called FYE, verified stock and price and then he had Customer Service pricematch (110%). I had the receipt/game from FYE on me, but all that really did was supply the guy with quick access to the local FYE number.

Would it be possible to take this copy of Bioshock and get store credit for it at either Best Buy or Circuit City?

For anyone in central Jersey, FYE in the Freehold Raceway Mall is out. I got the last one - it was the store-gutted one, which I wasn't happy about, but was willing to accept for $20.

[quote name='miktau']got two copies (myself and friend) at the white plains ny fye, none left someone else there boughtr the rest.

cheers,
miker[/QUOTE]

damn the clerks mentioned you when I went in and asked for a copy. :) anyone know if they will restock?

[quote name='jginiso']damn the clerks mentioned you when I went in and asked for a copy. :) anyone know if they will restock?[/quote]

wow sorry bro, try the palisades fye, you might have better luck there.

cheers,
Mike

Has anyone had any luck securing extra copies for CAGs who cannot find this deal in their area? I'd very much like to but a new copy from someone for a reasonable price.

~HotShotX

[quote name='ZKRefleX']Someone prolly already mentioned this, but does anyone know when this sale ends ?[/quote]

I heard it was for a week but not exactly sure when it started.. I guess a week from OP haha

Considering the lack of availability of this deal to many CAGs, we should organize this thread a bit to help disperse surplus copies to CAGs who cannot find their own.

As such, we need those who can to buy extra copies, and to be paired up with those who are guaranteed to buy them, so that there isn't anyone stuck with an extra copy.

OP, if possible, please start taking the names of those willing to get extra copies, and pair them up with those who still need them.

I, for one, still need a copy. I'd make a new thread in the XBox 360 Forum to address this.

EDIT: I've made the following thread for the sole purpose of organizing the effort to pair up buyers and sellers for New FYE BioShock copies (hopefully, a total not for profit effort). Help your fellow CAGs, and check it out.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3930739#post3930739

~HotShotX

Damn, went to the FYE in my city (Spokane) and they no longer carry video games. Why isn't this offer available on their website?

[quote name='Anudem']Damn, went to the FYE in my city (Spokane) and they no longer carry video games. Why isn't this offer available on their website?[/quote]

Same thing I was thinking of.. Why didn't they advertise this online on their website. Could of have sold alot more online then in the store.

Same as they should of had a flyer advertising it, so I could of price match it at Best Buy.

I just managed to find 2 more new copies at another mall near me today. I picked them both up and I will let them both go to fellow CAG's for $30 each Shipped. If no one is interested I'll probably just eBay them.

Considering the lack of availability of this deal to many CAGs, we should organize this thread a bit to help disperse surplus copies to CAGs who cannot find their own.

As such, we need those who can to buy extra copies, and to be paired up with those who are guaranteed to buy them, so that there isn't anyone stuck with an extra copy.

OP, if possible, please start taking the names of those willing to get extra copies, and pair them up with those who still need them.

I, for one, still need a copy. I'd make a new thread in the XBox 360 Forum to address this.

EDIT: I've made the following thread for the sole purpose of organizing the effort to pair up buyers and sellers for New FYE BioShock copies (hopefully, a total not for profit effort). Help your fellow CAGs, and check it out.

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171323

~HotShotX

Thanks for the heads up on this deal.
I'm in Lakeland FL. , theres 2 FYE here , one in the mall don't carry games.... and the other one across town didn't have it , the guy said they are not ordering any more , bioshock or any other games cause they will not carry games anymore.
I called the nearest store in Brandon ( Town Square Mall ) they had one copy and asked the clerck to verify the price for me and yeap!! $19.99 , so he put it on hold for me , had to drive over there but it was worth it. I did check if they had anymore but that was the last one.

Thanks .

There should be 1 more Bioshock left at the FYE at Lakeside Mall in the Sterling Heights/Utica area in Michigan as of yesterday night around 6PM.

will try and pm at sears and pick up a few extra copies for cags. my sears is really good like that and my reciept will definitly pass. Ill post if i succed.

cheers,
Mike

bread's done
Back