BioShock/Elder Scrolls:Oblivion Bundle or Fable 2?

whitlecj

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Haven't had a 360 for a while and trying to play some of the good games that I missed. Having trouble making up my mind between these two. Which you think? I did play some of Oblivion way back but never got too far into the game. Thanks.

Both are solid choices, like you I played but never got into Oblivion, Bioshock is pretty sweet, but for some reason I never finished it.
I am someone who actually enjoyed Fable 2 a lot. It's different than any other game and has a fun playstyle with the combat and magic once you get used to it. My expectations weren't super high though.
I beat it in less than a week and swapped it at my Gamestop for full value for Fallout 3 which I am still playing.

Personally, I think both Oblivion and Bioshock are better games than Fable 2 so you're definitely better off with the pack.

[quote name='Tuffgong']
I beat it in less than a week and swapped it at my Gamestop for full value for Fallout 3 which I am still playing.[/QUOTE]
Me too, I traded Fable 2 for Fallout 3. Best swap ever.

OP, have you played Fallout 3? I'd get that over Bioshock/Oblivion or Fable 2.

If you're picking from the two choices though; I'd probably go with Fable 2; Oblivion sucks compared to that. I would recommend picking up Bioshock, but as a rent. It's a pretty quick playthrough.

[quote name='Tuffgong']
I beat it in less than a week and swapped it at my Gamestop for full value for Fallout 3 which I am still playing.[/QUOTE]
thats kind of what i did, i bought the collectors edition with guide for $50 about 1 1/2 weeks after launch. beat it, then traded the collectors edition for fallout 3. best swap ever :D still have the guide for when/IF i get the game again.

i vote for the 2 pack. fable 2 was great. but bioshock was awesome, i couldnt get into oblivion, so i traded it on goozex a while back. id rather replay fallout 3.

[quote name='whitlecj']Haven't had a 360 for a while and trying to play some of the good games that I missed. Having trouble making up my mind between these two. Which you think? I did play some of Oblivion way back but never got too far into the game. Thanks.[/QUOTE]
I'm a huge Obilvion fan myself, so I say go for the two-pack. Keep in mind that you need to give Oblivion about 6 - 8 hours to really start getting into (at least from my experience anyway) and getting some cool weapons / spells. I say this from the experience of restarting it 3 times (first time couldn't get into so I made a new character, then I decided to get into it on the PS3; so far that save has 65 hours).

I love Fable 2. I've played that more than anything since Final Fantasy 6 (3 on the SNES). I really do think it's one of the best games in years. I think you should give that one a try.

Bioshock is good, but I couldn't get into it. I hear good things about Oblivion, but haven't played it.

I say go for the combo. Bioshock was really fun and if you like RPGs you can lose a couple years playing Oblivion. I got hooked on Fallout and played a ton but a guy I work with has 100+ hours into Oblivion he says. He's always talking about that game and i'll eventually try it.

defenantly go 4 bioshock/Oblivion, i've played the demo of bioshock, so i can't recomend it but in my opinioin oblivion is the greatest game ever i've enjoyed it more then fallout 3, uncharted 2, b-man AA, far cry 2 or infamous just 2 name a few i would totally recomend it

Bundle for sure.

I really liked all those games--but Oblivion and Bioshock are much better than Fable 2--and much more playtime.

You can spend a lot of time with Fable 2 for sure--but I didn't get sucked into it like I did Oblivion. Spent around 80 hours on Oblivion and maybe 20 on Fable 2. Bioshock took me something like 18 hours I think.

Out of those two choices, I would say to go with the bundle, for the same reason as everyone else here. While Fable 2 is an enjoyable game, Bioshock is one of the best games released this generation, and Oblivion is just massive.

That said, Oblivion had some good DLC that comes complete in the Game of the Year Edition, but not the copy in the bundle; unless you're getting a good price on the bundle, I'd try to find cheap copies of the Oblivion GOTY and Bioshock separately.

Bioshock was a great game - definitely worth it. As for Oblivion and Fable 2, they are different animals, IMO. Oblivion was a standard for RPG with a deep storyline and open world design. It can suck you in but it can also bore you to death if you're not hardcore RPG fan. Fable 2 was RPG for dummies - it's shorter, more vibrant and prettier on the eyes. A lot of people (myself included) really enjoyed it. You can try Fable 2 on Xbox for free (the first chapter is available to everyone) and see if you like it or not.

Bioshock/Oblivion by far, Fable 2 was a great game, but Bioshock and Oblivion were two of the best games I have played on the 360.

I haven't played Fable 2, but I played both Bioshock and Oblivion. Oblivion is easily a game you can lose 100+ hours into without even trying. I'm not even sure you really need 8 hours to get into it. I actually like the first hour of tutorial training, but even if you don't, that ends at the 1 hour mark, and your off on your own.

Bioshock has one of the best atmospheres/environments in a game in years. I really struggled at it since you have to ration your bullets, and I got annoyed with continuously dying while I had 10+ other games to play at the time. Though, it's really a game I need to start over and try again with.

bread's done
Back