Bioshock Movie?

OffTheWall16

CAGiversary!
Well i was watching g4 when the feed came up.
As its told Take 2 is being urged to make a Bioshock movie

If it did happen what are your takes on this?

Good idea
Bad idea

i personally had no interest in Bioshock, so if a movie came out someone like me who has not played might like it.

I'm going to break with the crowd and say that I'd LOVE a Bioshock movie but only if it was done well (which it probably wouldn't be). It could perhaps work really well as a fully 3D rendered movie, but I highly doubt Hollywood would go for that. They'd probably throw in some cheesy jokes, make it a love story (somehow) and have some main characters that weren't in the movie just so they could be killed off like fodder. Like I said, I'd love a Bioshock movie but my faith in Hollywood doesn't give me much hope they'd pull it off very well. Unfortunately.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Just like all the other "awesome" video game movies right?

BAD.[/quote]

You have a really good point there

[quote name='insertcleverthing']I liked Bioshock a lot but let's hope the plot actually makes sense this time...[/quote]

???

The Plot made perfect sense.

[quote name='InuFaye']???

The Plot made perfect sense.[/quote]

Erm, let's see here...
You're telling me the cloned son of Ryan being brainwashed decades later into hijacking a plane over the Atlantic and crashing it with pinpoint accuracy near a tower where he could be mind controlled by Fontaine to eventually kill Ryan himself made sense to you? Rapture was a decomposing tin can. Why not just umm, send a bomb over to Ryan's little hiding place and implode the walls around him instead of developing the most far-fetched, convoluted, and counter-intuitive assassination plot ever, ever? The game had a major plot twist for the sake of having a major plot twist. Any thought given to the story at all gives way to instant logical collapse...

I still liked the game for the mechanics and atmosphere though. I'm just sayin'.

Let me just preface my statement by saying I absolutely loved Bioshock. I think it's one of the best games of all time. Having said that, I dont think it could translate well as a movie. The majority of the game is exploring the different environments and trying to figure out what you're doing that as you battle of a horde of genetic freaks. A hefty portion of the game is more about atmosphere and action then it is an intricate story. I think there's a 9/10 chance that as a movie you're gonna get something very "Doom-esque". It would take a gifted screenwriter/director/cast to pull it off.

No. I never want to see a Bioshock Movie ever grace this earth. I loved the game and the movie will only be horrible and wreck it's name.

[quote name='insertcleverthing']Erm, let's see here...
You're telling me the cloned son of Ryan being brainwashed decades later into hijacking a plane over the Atlantic and crashing it with pinpoint accuracy near a tower where he could be mind controlled by Fontaine to eventually kill Ryan himself made sense to you? Rapture was a decomposing tin can. Why not just umm, send a bomb over to Ryan's little hiding place and implode the walls around him instead of developing the most far-fetched, convoluted, and counter-intuitive assassination plot ever, ever? The game had a major plot twist for the sake of having a major plot twist. Any thought given to the story at all gives way to instant logical collapse...

I still liked the game for the mechanics and atmosphere though. I'm just sayin'.[/quote]

There are quite a few things wrong with your story.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/931329/50049

And a BioShock movie would just kill the game for me. I highly doubt that the majority of BioShock's fanbase are those likely to see a game based movie. But who knows?

Also, @ Maklershed: I love your sig. That movie was fucking incredible.

[quote name='heavyd853']It would have to be entirely in first person too, but I don't think that'd fly with the general public.[/QUOTE]
Cloverfield.

UweBoll_zoovet.jpg

[quote name='lunatic_pandora']There are quite a few things wrong with your story.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/931329/50049

And a BioShock movie would just kill the game for me. I highly doubt that the majority of BioShock's fanbase are those likely to see a game based movie. But who knows?

Also, @ Maklershed: I love your sig. That movie was fucking incredible.[/quote]
I dunno, I skimmed most of your link and read the FAQ and it didn't seem that far divergent from my synopsis. What plot holes am I exaggerating? The story is just ludicrous, but if you can explain it - I'm all ears.

I'd actually really like a movie that was kind of like a precursor to game. Have it focus on how Ryan started the city and then the rise of Atlas and then finally how it all went to shit. Maybe end the movie right where the game starts?

Something like that if done right could be really good I think.

[quote name='guinaevere']I'd rather see people read The Fountainhead or Atlas Shrugged.[/quote]
*shudder* I wouldn't - unless we are promoting forced illiteracy in a round about way. But to each their own!

bread's done
Back