BioShock Ultimate Rapture Edition (PS3), $20.98 at Target. YMMV?

Jawwaad1

CAGiversary!
Just a heads up. Saw this at my local Target today. I'm not sure if it's storewide.

Edit: Just thought I'd edit this post and put the DPCI number in the OP since I added it in a post on the second page.

207-24-0849

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='zzamaro']"DCPI is 207220849"

Can someone tell me what's this number for?[/QUOTE]

Give it to a employee and they can see if its in stock

[quote name='Shrowd']I do not think it is the extra discs or media choice the people are talking about, just the physical artwork you get when purchasing the 360 version.[/QUOTE]

I know, the bit about the discs was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, since most people are so down on physical media these days (not me, though). :)

AFAIK, none of that artwork is new. I agree that it's all great, but I have those images already, like on the Bioshock 2 CE. And how often does anyone look at a disc sleeve/tray anyway? It's going to sit on a shelf, hidden. Kudos to 2K for putting in more than just a plain disc sleeve, but lets face it, they had to put in a bunch of discs, so they added a few nice stock images to dress it up a bit. It's not noteworthy.

But clearly that's just me. Lots of people in this thread think it's something special. Every now and then the internet leaves me scratching my head. LOL. I'm simply glad to finally have all the DLC, which I passed on. I hear Minerva's Den is fantastic.

[quote name='zzamaro']"DCPI is 207220849"

Can someone tell me what's this number for?[/QUOTE]

Also, if you go to the barcode scanners they have around the store for customer use, I think you can manually punch in the number and check the stock for yourself.

I think this deal is dead. The first store that I went to refused to sell me a copy of it claiming that the street date wasn't until tomorrow, but the second store had copies and sold one to me. The price was 29.99. Too bad I did not find this thread until this morning.

This was Kalamazoo MI btw just in case this is a regional thing.

[quote name='Zippon']I know, the bit about the discs was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, since most people are so down on physical media these days (not me, though). :)

AFAIK, none of that artwork is new. I agree that it's all great, but I have those images already, like on the Bioshock 2 CE. And how often does anyone look at a disc sleeve/tray anyway? It's going to sit on a shelf, hidden. Kudos to 2K for putting in more than just a plain disc sleeve, but lets face it, they had to put in a bunch of discs, so they added a few nice stock images to dress it up a bit. It's not noteworthy.

But clearly that's just me. Lots of people in this thread think it's something special. Every now and then the internet leaves me scratching my head. LOL. I'm simply glad to finally have all the DLC, which I passed on. I hear Minerva's Den is fantastic.[/QUOTE]

Why worry so much about what other people think about items? The only time to really even consider it is when someone is pushing an absolute crazy opinion out there, which is not really the case here. If you like the visual look of something, go for it, if not, don't buy it.

Went to my Target. Found the PS3 Copy on the floor, had a 20.98 Tag on it. I'll probably pick it up later. Didn't see a 360 Version anywhere though.

Went to pick up a copy and it was in the case labeled $20.98. Scanned as $29.99 but I pointed to the tag and cashier price adjusted it. Got the second to last one which means its the last one without a huge dent in the back of the case.

Anyone know if you can install the DLC and play it with the non-Ultimate Rapture Edition discs on PS3?

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']Went to pick up a copy and it was in the case labeled $20.98. Scanned as $29.99 but I pointed to the tag and cashier price adjusted it. Got the second to last one which means its the last one without a huge dent in the back of the case.

Anyone know if you can install the DLC and play it with the non-Ultimate Rapture Edition discs on PS3?[/QUOTE]

Yes you can. Id recommend deleting the regular game install data and just use the ultimate disc. Both versions are 1.1 but if you accidentally put the other in, it will install over the other data even though they're identical. In the end its up to you.

For Bio 2, you can save 10 gigs if you have the regular disc, as the dlc packs are installed separately.

No copies were out on the floor so I had the employee check the back. He comes out with a bunch of copies for both platforms. Naturally, both platforms scan as $29.99. No surprise there but what did surprise me was that before meeting him, I input the number in the price checker and it said there were none available. None on the floor and none in the stockroom, either.

[quote name='slowdive21']Wait, so you can get the dlc installed, and run off the regular disc and trade in or sell the ult edition and keep the DLC active?[/QUOTE]

Yep, although I'm not seeing the value in it. Sure you save some $$, but the trade in value is not going to be more than $10. But again, the disc is not needed for the dlc once its installed.

So based on the last few posts, they fixed the pricing mistake on the ps3 version and now both versions scan at 29.99 at all Targets?

I got it today. Rang up at $29.99 but still had the 20.98 price on the shelf so I got it for $22. They might have fixed the price though.

[quote name='get_loud']Yep, although I'm not seeing the value in it. Sure you save some $$, but the trade in value is not going to be more than $10. But again, the disc is not needed for the dlc once its installed.[/QUOTE]

Until your hard drive needs reformatting. Hold on to the discs, otherwise, unless you have a good backup, you'll be re-buying.

[quote name='gcrack']I got it today. Rang up at $29.99 but still had the 20.98 price on the shelf so I got it for $22. They might have fixed the price though.[/QUOTE]

Exact same thing happened to me today as well.

[quote name='mitch079']Until your hard drive needs reformatting. Hold on to the discs, otherwise, unless you have a good backup, you'll be re-buying.[/QUOTE]

That's another reason. Just keep it.

It seems they fixed the price at the Target I work for and after reading some of the posts here, probably store wide. Congats on everyone that was able to get it for $20.98.

Just went to Target a few min. ago and price was at $29.99 I made the employee checked it too, still at $29.99.

Got Medal of Honor WarFighter Limited Edition at $19.99 though.

Despite the price fix, I managed to snag the last copy for $20.98 at a local Target today because they neglected to update the shelf tag. Keep on truckin'!

Just got put on my shelf today oh wells hopefully I can get it cheaper in the future. How are the stickers that come with the game can some post a pic?

Picked up last one at a Target I just stopped in. I have both already (BS1 on 360) but I wanted the DLC. They did price adjust it.

EDIT: Decided to make a Target run and all the locations had it listed for $20.98. This was in Houston's San Felipe, Meyerland, and S. Main locations.

guess this didn't post the first time I tried......

I looked online when I got home and read there is problem with the game freezing. On the 2K forum, someone said you had to install everything and it should take care of the freezing. However, someone else said that it makes one of the DLC unplayable (the dlc changes the story) and if you upload the dlc it once again brings the freezing issue.

Anyone having problem with this? I might just take it back tomorrow and wait for Infinite to come out, since I have Bioshock 2 already on PS3.

[quote name='ryne candy']guess this didn't post the first time I tried......

I looked online when I got home and read there is problem with the game freezing. On the 2K forum, someone said you had to install everything and it should take care of the freezing. However, someone else said that it makes one of the DLC unplayable (the dlc changes the story) and if you upload the dlc it once again brings the freezing issue.

Anyone having problem with this? I might just take it back tomorrow and wait for Infinite to come out, since I have Bioshock 2 already on PS3.[/QUOTE]

Can you elaborate a little? Which game, which DLC and where and when does it freeze?

Most of the posts I see talk about playing Bioshock 1 and the game freezing (not having installed BS2 or the DLC). Looked like if you downloaded/installed everything before playing the game, it would stop the game from freezing. However one of the dlc "Museum/Challenge Rooms DL" alters the story and if you install that DLC, the freezing problem pops back up.

edit: freezing seems to happen on loading screens

are you talking about this thread? the problem is if you make a save without installing the museum and challenge room DLC first then install said DLC after the save the will not load and freeze. if you install the DLC then install the game data your good to go just start a fresh new save and you should have no problems.

[quote name='ArmorForVictor']are you talking about this thread? the problem is if you make a save without installing the museum and challenge room DLC first then install said DLC after the save the will not load and freeze. if you install the DLC then install the game data your good to go just start a fresh new save and you should have no problems.[/QUOTE]
thanx...will do.

bread's done
Back