BJ's markdowns (YMMV)

trock3

CAGiversary!
Some sick 3ds deals for BJ's members. YMMV. These are some of what I saw at two stores.

PS3:

Skyrim- 9.98

Borderlands 2- 9.98

Last of Us- 9.98

Move Bundle with Sports Champion- 9.98

Dishonored- 9.98

Uncharted 3- 9.98

PS3 12 Gb- 150

PS3 320 gb sports champion budnle- 250

Xbox 360-

Just Dance 2014- 19.98

Halo 4- 9.98

The Walking Dead- 9.98

3ds: 

Mario Tennis- 9.98

Pokemon X- 9.98

Pokemon Y- 19.98

Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds- 9.98

Legend of Zelda: OoT- 9.98

Starfox 64 3D- 9.98

Mario and Luigi Dream Team- 19.98

Mario Party: Island Tour- 19.98

New Super Mario Bros 2: 19.98

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon- 19.98

Lego Marvel- 19.98

Kid Icarus: Uprising- 9.98

Tetris Axis- 9.98

Wii U:

Nintendoland- 9.98

Wii Sing- 9.98

Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2- 19.98

Super Mario 3D World: 49.98

Lego City Undercover- 9.98

Game and Wario- 9.98

Wii:

Mario Party 8- 9.98

Super Mario Galaxy 2- 9.98

Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword- 19.98

Mario Strikers Charged- 9.98

Mario Party 8- 9.98

Mario Party 9- 19.98

Mario Sports Mix- 9.98

Kirby's Return to Dreamland- 9.98

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. They were not stickered at any of the four stores I went to, yet all the games rang up as expected. I almost walked away at the first store because the games were marked full price, but thankfully I took the time to price check at a register.

Makes me wonder how many good deals I missed when I was a member - my stores just aren't on top of stickering.
I was the same with Pokemon Y which was tagged at $29.98. I was going to leave the store, and then I decided to check it at the register. BAM! Rang up for $24.99. I was so happy because it's been hard trying to find a deal on either Pokemon game brand new. I can't remember how cheap it was at Best Buy a while ago. The lady was explaining the $3 subcharge after she cashed me out, but I wasn't paying attention. Lol

Went to my local one on Sunday and just wanted Pokemon X for $10. They had Y for $20, which I wound up passing up since I don't even have a 3DS anyway. Was going to pick up the new Zelda to flip because it was there for $10 but hopefully built some good karma with the cheap ass gaming gods by leaving it.

Was that at the Concord store? Damn, knew I should've gotten that stuff price checked. I picked up ALBW and Starfox from there. Were there still any Skyward Swords left?
yup that was at the Concord store. I knew someone had have been there before me cause i couldnt find any $10 games.. lol.. There are no Skyward Swords there anymore.. or Luigis Mansions.. or Super Marios Bros 2..

yup that was at the Concord store. I knew someone had have been there before me cause i couldnt find any $10 games.. lol.. There are no Skyward Swords there anymore.. or Luigis Mansions.. or Super Marios Bros 2..
Wow I pretty much got there at the right time then. It sucks though because i was rushed and could only grab what i knew would rjng up on sale prices. I then rechecked this thread and saw Skyward Sword was $10 so i'm sad i didn't get one. Also that Black 2 and those Kid Icarus' lol. But it's crazy that all of the stuff is gone because that place was a mini gold mine!

Wow I pretty much got there at the right time then. It sucks though because i was rushed and could only grab what i knew would rjng up on sale prices. I then rechecked this thread and saw Skyward Sword was $10 so i'm sad i didn't get one. Also that Black 2 and those Kid Icarus' lol. But it's crazy that all of the stuff is gone because that place was a mini gold mine!
Skyward sword was 19.98, not $10.

Damn, wish I would've seen the post on the Raleigh stores, I just came back empty handed from all of them :(

Would also like to report something.

I saw a Blue 3DS XL for $120 at one store and $150 at another store. Also saw a Wii U for $225 at the same store that had $120 XL.

EDIT: Also, if anyone wants to trade TLOU for ALBW, i'd be willing to do so.
Did you get the TLOU I left in the case at the Capitol Blvd. store? The Brier Creek store had a TON of games in the "cage" that were not in the glass case or on the floor.

Wonder how common Ascension is? Would def snag that for $5 bucks since I havent played it yet. Thanks for the report man, very helpful.
Only one store out of four had it, so I'd guess it's pretty rare.

I think the only NC store that has not been checked is the Burlington one - you're probably safe to call and check stock (none of the employees seemed that interested in the game deals, so it's probably unlikely they'll BS you). I'll post style numbers for the items as they can use those to quickly check stock on the floor and in the cage. Should save some CAGs a bit of time if they're planning to travel... and it'll help you determine if the item is in the cage if you don't find it on the floor.

I did manage to grab a Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Mario Party Island Tour and Pokemon Y. Is anyone wanting to trade for a Kid Icarus Uprising?

Did you get the TLOU I left in the case at the Capitol Blvd. store? The Brier Creek store had a TON of games in the "cage" that were not in the glass case or on the floor.

Only one store out of four had it, so I'd guess it's pretty rare.

I think the only NC store that has not been checked is the Burlington one - you're probably safe to call and check stock (none of the employees seemed that interested in the game deals, so it's probably unlikely they'll BS you). I'll post style numbers for the items as they can use those to quickly check stock on the floor and in the cage. Should save some CAGs a bit of time if they're planning to travel... and it'll help you determine if the item is in the cage if you don't find it on the floor.
I guess i lied, i actually i missed that one. I'll drive over there tomorrow unless someone here got it and can just tell me if they got it or not to save me the drive. It's all i really want other than mario tennis at this point. NC CAGs unite!!!

With the amount of lurkers on CAG, I'd guess someone got to it. It was all the way in the back of the glass case, Capitol Blvd. also had a bunch of games in the cage area by member services - lots of Wii games that weren't on the floor. I couldn't tell what they were specifically.

In any case, here is style numbers for anyone that wants to call ahead - maybe they'll hold games for you?

Last of Us - 717043
Luigi U - 720545
Lego City - 716670
Mario Party 8 - 654199
Mario Galaxy 2 - 691430
ALBW - 722149
Pokemon X - 721018
Starfox 64 3D - 704030
God of War Ascension - 717046

They can check these at the member services desk and tell you how many they have in the store between the floor and the cage. It's worth calling and checking the games you want. Brier Creek had all the $9.98 games in the cage and not on the floor.

With the amount of lurkers on CAG, I'd guess someone got to it. It was all the way in the back of the glass case, Capitol Blvd. also had a bunch of games in the cage area by member services - lots of Wii games that weren't on the floor. I couldn't tell what they were specifically.

In any case, here is style numbers for anyone that wants to call ahead - maybe they'll hold games for you?

Last of Us - 717043
Luigi U - 720545
Lego City - 716670
Mario Party 8 - 654199
Mario Galaxy 2 - 691430
ALBW - 722149
Pokemon X - 721018
Starfox 64 3D - 704030
God of War Ascension - 717046

They can check these at the member services desk and tell you how many they have in the store between the floor and the cage. It's worth calling and checking the games you want. Brier Creek had all the $9.98 games in the cage and not on the floor.
Where is the cage at? Is there anything still worth there? That's the store I remember seeing a $120 3DS XL as well as a $225 32GB Wii U at I think. Do you mind PMing me the addresses of the BJs as well? The locator shows a Triangle Dr address that I checked out today that led me to some sketchy area. Thanks for all the help man

I literally drove by one today and figured there wasn't anything worth stopping for. I'l have to stop by one in the morning before class. These deals would be too good to be true. 

Where is the cage at? Is there anything still worth there? That's the store I remember seeing a $120 3DS XL as well as a $225 32GB Wii U at I think. Do you mind PMing me the addresses of the BJs as well? The locator shows a Triangle Dr address that I checked out today that led me to some sketchy area. Thanks for all the help man
The Triangle Dr. one won't show up on GPS for some reason - it's across from the Kmart near Triangle Town Center Mall on Capital Blvd. You should see a Big Lots and some signs for BJ's Gas. There's a Best Buy near it too. If you get off 540 at exit 16, you can literally see the back of BJ's from the highway. That's the store that had TLOU, so it makes sense you missed it.

There was plenty of $19.98 games left in the cage at Brier Creek, like Pokemon Y and Mario Party. Probably a few $9.98 games left, but nothing stellar (no Pokemon/Zelda). The cage area is usually under the cigarettes sign. It's where they keep the computers and consoles - all the stores I went to had some of their games in the cages. Brier Creek probably had 75% of their games in the cage.

Definitely call ahead before you make the trek out here again. I know the old adage is to not call, but I swear none of the old ladies staffing the local BJ's want to steal these deals. The looked confused about having games in the first place.

Also, most of the games that I bought out of the cage had dust all over them, so it makes sense no one knew they were there.

Oh, I think Brier Creek and Capital Blvd. both had several copies of Skyrim for both 360 and PS3 - Capital's Skyrims were on a stray endcap a few aisles down from the other games, mixed in with some Blu-rays.

I read through the thread, but how does it work for someone who isn't a member? I read that there's a fee for $3, but can I just buy the temporary shopping pass in the store? 

College Point in NYC is cleaned out... but not before I managed to find a Game & Wario hiding behind a bunch of shittier games.

Asked an employee if I could purchase stuff at a slight markup seeing as how I'm not a member. She said sure, and that they'd give me a free 60 days trial pass. So I go to customer service, and while I'm waiting on line, I ask another employee the same thing... she verifies the 60 day trial. I get called up, the two senior membership reps say the 60 day pass trial promo ended in December. So I mention that two employees just told me I could get a free trial, point them out... ask to speak to a manager... ladies confer for a sec, give it to me for the member price of $10.

Thanks OP! (The Pictionary-like multiplayer Sketch minigame has already proven to be worth more than $10!)

I've hit all the four stores in the Raleigh, NC area and can pretty much tell you what they still have and do not have - they're pretty much cleared out of all the really good $9.98 games. I managed to get at least one copy of all the good games, but most of the $9.98 games that are left are Walking Dead: Survival Instinct, Fable Journey, Prototype 2, etc. I think Bioshock Infinite might be $9.98, but I didn't bother to price check it.

If you're looking for any of the $19.98 games you're in luck - all four stores have at least one Luigi's Mansion, several New Super Mario 2, Mario Party, and M+L:Dream Team. The Brier Creek store had a few Pokemon Y (and I think the Capitol Blvd. store had a few).

Don't waste your time if you're looking for A Link Between Worlds or Pokemon X. I did not see Skyward Sword at any stores, either.

There is one copy of The Last of Us available at the Capitol Blvd. store - it's in the case, so you'll have to wait for an employee to help you (which will probably take forever).

None of the stores had things stickered at the right prices - a lady at the Brier Creek store was working on pricing them and she said corporate had just notified them of the drop today. Everything rung up as reported, though.

Some additional finds I didn't see reported:

:wii: Mario Party 9 - $14.98

:wii: Mario Strikers Charged - $9.98

:360: Fable: The Journey - $9.98

:360: / :ps3: Prototype 2 - $9.98

:ds: Pokemon White Version 2 - $9.98

:ds: Pokemon Black Version 2 - $9.98

:ds: Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume - $4.98

:ds: Super Scribblenauts - $4.98

:ps3: God of War: Ascension - $4.98

:wiiu: New Super Mario Brothers U - $39.98

:360: Modern Warfare 3 - $19.98
did you hit up garner?

did you hit up garner?
Yeah, and it looked like another CAG had rolled through earlier. I only found unreported drops there like Mario Strikers and Mario Party 9. I left a Mario Strikers, but thats not really an exciting find. I did not check the cage there so its possible they still have some $9.98 games bit you'd need an employee to search around for you (or bring the style numbers I posted to customer service).

Is the style # for Game & Wario 350106?

EDIT: Actually, it isn't. Does anyone know the number?

I posted a big list of all the style numbers from the games I bought on page 4 - could help you with a few things. I did not find Game & Wario or Ocarina of Time.

I have an extra copy of A Link Between World and Pokemon X to trade because of this deal. I bought them to trade with people on here who couldn't get in on the deal, so send me your trade lists and I'll see if we can make a deal. 

Thanks OP! 

Damn lurkers, TLOU is gone.
And that's why I hate leaving stuff behind. I should have just picked it up to trade. I wish whomever got it would have just popped in to save you the trouble. Lurkers bug the hell out of me. The game was not stickered at $9.98, so they had to have caught the deal on CAG.

$17.99

When I saw no Zelda/Mario/Last of us/Starfox, but a bunch of Firefighters 3D, I knew it wouldn't be the price I hoped lol.
I guess you and I were thinkin the same things ;)

And that's why I hate leaving stuff behind. I should have just picked it up to trade. I wish whomever got it would have just popped in to save you the trouble. Lurkers bug the hell out of me. The game was not stickered at $9.98, so they had to have caught the deal on CAG.
It's cool, I guess I'll have to trade for it. Another fellow NC CAG managed to get one for trade (not the capital lurker) so I'll just prolly do that. Anyone hit up the Burlington store? I'll be passing by the area this weekend to check it out if it hasn't been hit already. It's cool having other NC CAGs lol but it also means more competition ;)

It would surprise you that some BJ stores still have games that were supposed to be gotten rid of years ago (i.e. they were on clearance for a long time already and no one bothered checking the price).

But lurkers make of most of the traffic on this site...

not much at the BJs in Bowie,MD. Had a bunch of borderlands 2 and rayman origins for $10. ended up grabbing new super luigi U and game and wario for $10 each, those were the last ones though. The only 3ds game they had was Luigis mansion.
The one at Ritchie Marlboro Station just off the Capital Beltway still has a couple copies each of Zelda: Link Between Words, Mario Party Island Tour, and Luigi's Mansion. I think I may have grabbed the last Pokémon X but there are several copies of Y left. There's some stuff in the cage including a ton of New Super Mario Brothers 2, but I couldn't get the customer service guy to price check it.

The Wii U selection is limited. Did not see much there.

I guess you and I were thinkin the same things ;)

It's cool, I guess I'll have to trade for it. Another fellow NC CAG managed to get one for trade (not the capital lurker) so I'll just prolly do that. Anyone hit up the Burlington store? I'll be passing by the area this weekend to check it out if it hasn't been hit already. It's cool having other NC CAGs lol but it also means more competition ;)
I did not go to Burlington - theoretically, it's untouched (no one else mentioned it). I'd call ahead and check style numbers first, though.

There's actually a ton of Raleigh CAGs, I'm surprised I'm able to get any deals these days. I think the fact that this thread title is not super descriptive kept a lot of people out of the thread and kept the deal kind of low key.

The cage at that Capital Blvd. store had tubs full of 360 and Wii games that I couldn't see into. Did you get a chance to check those out?

I did not go to Burlington - theoretically, it's untouched (no one else mentioned it). I'd call ahead and check style numbers first, though.

There's actually a ton of Raleigh CAGs, I'm surprised I'm able to get any deals these days. I think the fact that this thread title is not super descriptive kept a lot of people out of the thread and kept the deal kind of low key.

The cage at that Capital Blvd. store had tubs full of 360 and Wii games that I couldn't see into. Did you get a chance to check those out?
I unfortunately did not. I actually tried calling them about TLOU and that's how I found out that they didn't have it. Didn't actually go to the store because I'm still salty about not finding anything yesterday and especially because I had driven to the Capital Sam's Club from the Brier Creek BJs, and then the GPS telling me that the Triangle Dr BJs was back near Brier Creek. When I saw it on the GPS, I was already feeling a sinking feeling that it wasn't right since there wouldn't be 2 BJs so close to each other, but I made the 20 min drive from Sam's Club back to 6301 Triangle Dr which was a dead end which pissed me off so I just went home. Yesterday was not a good day lol.

And yeah, it really is crazy many good deals are still left around, either the Raleigh CAGs are super nice about leaving stuff behind for others, or I'm just lucky :p

I'm not sure if these were already mentioned or not since I am on my phone and just looked at the first post since yesterday.

Bioshock Infinite PS3 $9.98
Call of Juarez The Cartel 360 $4.98
Guitar Hero Van Halen 360 $4.98
Toy Story 3 DS $4.98

MasaTFC, it's like a poor man's Costco :).

Just checked the Waterford, CT one and saw 2 Zelda
Between worlds but stupidly I forgot my wallet at the post office. By the time I got back there was only one left, but I got it ^_^. So not a complete loss. Most games were sold out but a lot of Mario & Luigi Dream Teams were there.

yea theres atleast 30 or so of us raleigh cags. it honestly seems like we are spread out enough that we all hit different stores (i usually hit between dunn and garner since i dont get up to raleigh as much since i dont go to foundations edge anymore) if anyone finds an extra copy of pokemon Y or zelda a link between worlds I'll gladly buy them off of you. 

I'd put bj's more as a poor mans Sam's club
Not sure about that one. Maybe nationwide, since BJs are mainly East Coast outlets, you could make that assumption.

And Im close to you guys, Lake Norman area. Used to hit up Raleigh/Durham a lot, but not so much anymore.

only reason i say that is the insides are the same layout as sams club used to be in the 90s, with a smaller selection. id rather give my money to them instead of sams club, always feel like im going to get robbed walking out of the sams club in raleigh (usually a guy dealing in front of the store or selling stolen stuff in the parking lot)

bread's done
Back