BJ's markdowns (YMMV)

trock3

CAGiversary!
Some sick 3ds deals for BJ's members. YMMV. These are some of what I saw at two stores.

PS3:

Skyrim- 9.98

Borderlands 2- 9.98

Last of Us- 9.98

Move Bundle with Sports Champion- 9.98

Dishonored- 9.98

Uncharted 3- 9.98

PS3 12 Gb- 150

PS3 320 gb sports champion budnle- 250

Xbox 360-

Just Dance 2014- 19.98

Halo 4- 9.98

The Walking Dead- 9.98

3ds: 

Mario Tennis- 9.98

Pokemon X- 9.98

Pokemon Y- 19.98

Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds- 9.98

Legend of Zelda: OoT- 9.98

Starfox 64 3D- 9.98

Mario and Luigi Dream Team- 19.98

Mario Party: Island Tour- 19.98

New Super Mario Bros 2: 19.98

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon- 19.98

Lego Marvel- 19.98

Kid Icarus: Uprising- 9.98

Tetris Axis- 9.98

Wii U:

Nintendoland- 9.98

Wii Sing- 9.98

Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2- 19.98

Super Mario 3D World: 49.98

Lego City Undercover- 9.98

Game and Wario- 9.98

Wii:

Mario Party 8- 9.98

Super Mario Galaxy 2- 9.98

Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword- 19.98

Mario Strikers Charged- 9.98

Mario Party 8- 9.98

Mario Party 9- 19.98

Mario Sports Mix- 9.98

Kirby's Return to Dreamland- 9.98

Last edited by a moderator:
only reason i say that is the insides are the same layout as sams club used to be in the 90s, with a smaller selection. id rather give my money to them instead of sams club, always feel like im going to get robbed walking out of the sams club in raleigh (usually a guy dealing in front of the store or selling stolen stuff in the parking lot)
Ahh, well to be fair I hardly go to either, not a member. But to compare BJ's and Sams in my area is like comparing WalMart to Kmart.

I think they are better than Sam's Club since they have better inventory control of their games. I would say at least 2/3 of the time I try to buy a game at Sam's Club they don't actually have it. They have that stupid system of taking a cardboard picture of the game to the checkout and then wait at customer service for someone to get the key to the cage of games only to be told they can't find it and you have to get a refund. Its really annoying since it is a waste of time but I still try it on the rare chance they will have the game.

I think they are better than Sam's Club since they have better inventory control of their games. I would say at least 2/3 of the time I try to buy a game at Sam's Club they don't actually have it. They have that stupid system of taking a cardboard picture of the game to the checkout and then wait at customer service for someone to get the key to the cage of games only to be told they can't find it and you have to get a refund. Its really annoying since it is a waste of time but I still try it on the rare chance they will have the game.
Man that sounds ancient. And would totally suck. I dont think Sams Clubs are doing too hot market wise these days, one of the reasons I would compare them to K-mart. Just seems like, after shopping at a BJs and CostCo, you just get a better overall experience at one of those stores as opposed to Sams.

I would have said poor man's Sam's Club, but I've never actually shopped at once so I didn't think it was fair.  Now that it's been confirmed though I'll stick by that :).  Oh and for the record I like BJ's...hopefully they're not stopping their game selling entirely.

Checked the North Dartmouth, MA store since I had errands to run anyway and the section looked picked clean if you were looking for 1st party Nintendo games - just a lot of shovelware hanging around.

MasaTFC, it's like a poor man's Costco :).

Just checked the Waterford, CT one and saw 2 Zelda
Between worlds but stupidly I forgot my wallet at the post office. By the time I got back there was only one left, but I got it ^_^. So not a complete loss. Most games were sold out but a lot of Mario & Luigi Dream Teams were there.
Glad to know another CAG got one of the Zelda's. Were they still sitting out in the front? They were originally buried behind a bunch of other games but I put them in the front so someone else could find them.

yea theres atleast 30 or so of us raleigh cags. it honestly seems like we are spread out enough that we all hit different stores (i usually hit between dunn and garner since i dont get up to raleigh as much since i dont go to foundations edge anymore) if anyone finds an extra copy of pokemon Y or zelda a link between worlds I'll gladly buy them off of you.
Brier Creek and Capital Blvd. had like 4-5 copies of Pokemon Y at each. Y is the $19.98 one, X is sold out everywhere I think (it was $9.98).

Syracuse N.Y. b.j.s still has a lot of good titles. Mostly 3ds. I just got $120 worth. Got an extra pokemon y I'm looking for x I'm willing to take the hit on it. Also willing to trade it for an opened copy as long as its complete.

Called the Torrington, CT store. Inventory showed 4 copies of ALBW, and had them hold one for me. No-go on Lego City, but hey, $10 Zelda is sweet!

the Manchester, CT BJs should still have 2 copies of ALBW which are in the cage so you'll have to have them search the style number. they had plenty of copies of Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and NSMB2. They also had 2 Bioshock Infinite's for 360 marked at $19.98. No OoT or LoU.

The 3ds version was like 17 at mine I think. Might have not had the sticker and rang up differently. Nobody got a pokemon x they'd like to trade? :( maybe I can find a store to exchange it for me...

Lego City for the 3DS was $19.99 plus tax at the Willimantic, CT location.  It showed $37.99 on the sticker but rang up as $19.99. 

I brough pokemon y and wii u luigi from online and brought them in store. They gave me in store price and was confused why prices were different. The young lady simply refunded me and I purchased them one more.

No I'm not, mang, but I am in an arean with absolutely nothing. The hoarders cleaned it out. The people all said the same thing. One person came and bled them dry. I just wish I could have gotten my hands on them.
Lol, so you could have done the same thing? Such a double standard around here. What a dick, he bought all those and now I cant buy them all, fucking guy! Maybe hes not going to make a dime off of them, but rather trade for titles he wants. Or, like a very gracious person on this exact thread has done for me, PM someone looking for one and let them purchase it for no markup. Or maybe hes going to put them all on eBay. None of my business.

No I'm not, mang, but I am in an arean with absolutely nothing. The hoarders cleaned it out. The people all said the same thing. One person came and bled them dry. I just wish I could have gotten my hands on them.
Aren't you a pretty serious flipper? Not exactly much better than someone also looking to sell.

I hope you get mugged and have them stolen from you. I fucking hate hoarders.
Cool attitude, bro.

I hear you though, I usually don't do this sorta thing because it doesn't seem fair. But to put it in perspective...1 copy for myself, 1 for a friend and 2 to trade with folks here. Not everybody is a "hoarder" waiting for the next GS/BBY trade-in deal, K?

EDIT - That said, is there anyone still looking for ALBW? Again, 2 copies I'd love to trade for some of these other deals that weren't in my store.

Cool attitude, bro.

I hear you though, I usually don't do this sorta thing because it doesn't seem fair. But to put it in perspective...1 copy for myself, 1 for a friend and 2 to trade with folks here. Not everybody is a "hoarder" waiting for the next GS/BBY trade-in deal, K?
Well, to be totally fair...in this particular situation....BJ's is a paid membership to a wholesale club. Kind of ironic flaming somebody who paid to shop there in the first place. And did I mention it is a wholesale club? Most people come out of there with pallets of shit, no one bats an eye. So, to say he's hoarding for buying 4 games that he paid to even be able to have the opportunity to buy, seems a bit crazy to me. I would have a different stance if Best Buy had a crazy sale and he bought all 15 copies, but this is a bit different.

Cool attitude, bro.

EDIT - That said, is there anyone still looking for ALBW? Again, 2 copies I'd love to trade for some of these other deals that weren't in my store.
I am interested in buying a copy. Sent a PM.

I agree, but there's no use in getting upset over it, *mang*. People are going to do what they want, lol. I've purchased multiples of an item before, but it's always nice when CAGs can employ some restraint where it's obviously needed. We all draw the line differently, though. At least he's offering to trade them with you guys.

BJ's in Plymouth, MA has 3 copies of pokemon Y and at least 1 copy of dream team, few copies of luigi's mansion as well (would have snagged it but already got one from the walmart price glitch some time ago). Sadly no pokemon x, a friend of mine who already had y version wanted x, I did grab the last copy of lego city wii u though, too good of a deal to pass up, even though I've already beaten the game before when I rented it. Not sure what I will do with this copy yet though.

Went to the Taunton, MA Bjs. They have Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3, and Dishonored for $10 each. I also saw a $150 ps3 for sale. Pics:

I'm sorry but they're a blurry mess.

e1FlUyG.jpg

Mux5frn.jpg

Forgot to mention that I also saw a $250 PS3 Move Bundle.

0j5ri4F.jpg

Checked my store and didn't find anything I wanted. Had Lego City 3DS for $20, and Mario and Luigi 3DS for $20.

Cheapest thing I found was Angry Birds 3DS for $3.40 but I don't have a 3DS.

Deptford NJ only had Luigi's Mansion, no Zelda or anything else of worth. Think they had Dishonored for PS3 also. I was a week late to checking (didn't need anything last week) so hopefully someone here got something good.

Saratoga Springs, NY: (Behind Wilton Mall, exit 15 on the Northway.)

I was able to purchase:

NSLU $10

Kirby: Return to Dreamland $10

Pokemon X + Y (Last copies, sorry)

Mario & Luigi Dream Team $20

Here's what was left behind:

Zelda: Skyward Sword $20 (Scanned it just to confirm the price)

Mario Party 8 $10

Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins $20

Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon $20

Tetris Axis $10

Mario Party Island Tour $20

New Super Mario Bros 2 (3DS) $20

Forza 4 $10

Titles in bold may be new to this thread. Also the cage where games are stored is almost completely empty. 99% of the games are out on the floor, with the exception of PS4 and Xbox One games and extra copies of Just Dance 4. The game section has several signs that say "Priced as Marked" or something like that. 

They also have the superior original version of the PS Vita for $150. I believe it's the WiFi version. 

If you're going to the Target next door they have several copies of Sleeping Dogs for the Xbox 360 for $16. Happy hunting. 

wow, Kirby's Return to Dreamland for $10? They had a copy of that at one of the BJs I went to but i didn't think to check the price.

Albany, NY:

Was able to purchase:

LCU $10

TLOU $10

Game & Wario $10

There are still copies of TLOU, Game & Wario, Nintendo Land and Lego City Undercover but you must go to the caged area in Member Services to ask for them. There are also plenty of copies of Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon.

In NJ, I picked up Luigi's Mansion 2 ($20), Tomb Raider for the PS3 ($10), and Mario and Luigi Dream Team ($20). I saw in the back of the store, behind a closed steal cage, that they had a lot of pokemon and Zelda games. I guess that is where they keep the high priced items like computers and cameras. I am going to go again in two days to see if I can get the new zelda game for that price.

Does anyone know when this sale ends?

In NJ, I picked up Luigi's Mansion 2 ($20), Tomb Raider for the PS3 ($10), and Mario and Luigi Dream Team ($20). I saw in the back of the store, behind a closed steal cage, that they had a lot of pokemon and Zelda games. I guess that is where they keep the high priced items like computers and cameras. I am going to go again in two days to see if I can get the new zelda game for that price.

Not a sale I don't think as most of the games aren't marked at least at my stores. I think it is clearance.

Does anyone know if I can use a family member's BJ card without them being there? I know Costco is very anal about it.
The ones by me have several self check out lines. No one looks at the card that way. A few times I have gone and couldn't find my card and the person in front or behind me would let me use their card.

YMMV.

FYI, you can ask them to get those games out of the cage.

Checked Rotterdam(near Albany) and New Hartford NY(near Syracuse). Rotterdam has nothing left but a Luigis Mansion. New Hartford had 2 Mario Party 3DS, 2 Luigis Mansion, 1 NSMB2 and 2-3 M&L Dream Team all @19.99. Legend of Chima 3DS was 9.99, there may have been more as well possibly Lego City 3DS. Rotterdam has Wii U BLOPS2 but I didnt check the price.

I got a bunch most of what I listed above; the biggest score being a lone Wario U for 9.99 cause I didnt think id find that. Wish I found a Zelda and Pokemon.

Went to the Wallingford, CT store and was able to pick up Uncharted 3 (non-GOTY edition) for $4.98 and Lego City Undercover 3DS for $9.98. There was only one Uncharted 3 left. There were also a couple copies of Mario and Luigi: Dream Team and Mario Party: Island Tour. The North Haven, CT store had Uncharted Dual Pack for $9.98.

Has anyone visited the Westminster, MD location? If there's nothing worthwhile there, it'd be nice to know to save me the trip.

Skylanders figures are on clearance as well - $6.98 for singles, $9.98 for triple packs + adventure packs, $6.98 for Giants. Pretty sweet deal for people who collect/play the game.

Also scored the following:

:wii: Punch-Out (704381) - $9.98
:wii: Return to Dream Land (705465) - $9.98
:wii: New Super Mario Bros. Wii (685102) - $4.98
:3ds: Super Street Fighter IV (708180) - $4.98
:ps3: Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 (704581) - $4.98
:ps3: Mass Effect 3 (709434) - $4.98

Also from the other thread:

:wiiu: Super Mario 3D World (722261) - $9.98
:wiiu: Mario and Sonic at the Sochi Winter Games (722148) - $9.98
:wiiu: New Super Mario Bros. U (715637) - $9.98