Black Friday 2018 Movie Deals

Hmm I was able to order Coco and Infinity War Blu Ray last night at Best Buy. Now, it's in store only lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Walmart prices in store for movies are live. Just rang up JW-Fallen kingdom for $7.96.
It's $1 more at Target online and avoiding all those people would be worth it. I am waiting for their online sale to go live to PM wonder woman with Target. Only gonna be $9 for the 4K Disc.

Does anyone know of a good list of the digital sales for Black Friday? Somewhere I can see amazon, Vudu, iTunes, etc all together?

Target had some nice surprises.

$10 for season 7 and 8 blurays of Walking Dead is pretty nuts.

My final movie haul:

Amazon:
The XFiles Season 10 blu $9.99

Family Video:
Fargo Season 3 dvd $9
The Sandlot blu $5

Walmart:
Flash Season 4 dvd $9.96
Arrow Season 6 dvd $9.96
SuperGirl Season 3 dvd $9.96
Gotham Season 4 dvd $9.96
SuperNatural Season 13 dvd $9.96
Westworld Season 1 dvd $9.96

Target:
Walking Dead Season 7 blu $10
Walking Dead Season 8 blu $10
Orange is the New Black Season 5 blu $10
Stranger Things Season 2 blu $20

Best Buy:
American Horror Story Cult dvd $8
Super Troopers blu $4
Super Troopers 2 blu $4
VVitch blu $4
Superman vs Elite blu $4
The Grinch blu $6
Constantine animated blu $8

Disappointed there's no deal on Stranger Things S2. S1 is $4 cheaper than last year but only $5 off the new season? C'mon Target. . .

I can confirm that Wonder Woman 4K is $8.96 in store.  Website still shows $14.99 but I just bought it in store for the advertised price in their ad.  Maybe I missed it but I thought the $8.96 was also online too but I went looking for the 2 D Switch games and came up empty with them but found WW at least. 

Ended up grabbing the following, all 4K:

Walmart

Prometheus

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom

Best Buy

Hostiles

The Dark Tower

John Wick

John Wick 2

The Punisher 

Jumanji (original)

Infinity War and ​Black Panther are $6.99 right now on amazon for the Blu + Digital. Black Panther was last night for a while before going back up in price.

I saw someone mention that if you buy a movie from WM, you get a digital copy on Vudu for free. Does this sound legit? If so, how does that work, anyway?

Also, saw the Hunger Games blu-ray set for $9.96, but no mention of digital copies being included. Any chance of it A) including the digital versions anyway, or B) if the "free" Vudu copy would apply to a set like that?

EDIT: So the movie must be under the InstaWatch promotion.

EDIT 2: The Hunger Games set IS listed with InstaWatch on their website...might have to bite then - although I just ordered a copy of the set for $18 from Amazon.... 

Does anyone think the DC CW latest seasons will go on sale?...while tempted to purchase the DVD's of Arrow, SuperGirl, Flash, Black Lightning for $9.99 and Gotham...but everything I bought so far were Blu-ray, so I'm still holding out hope they go on sale.

I swear my local walmart had less than 20 total 4k movies.
I think I saw maybe 10 4k movies total in the stacks of thousands of DVD/gamess. I just went to the normal 4k area and picked out what I wanted there. Got Wonderwoman, ET 35th, Deadpool 2, Logan, Greatest Showman, and Hell or High Water all $8.96

Movie haul:

Sentai:

Clannad & After Story Complete (Blu) - $41

Log Horizon Complete (Blu) - $35

Made in Abyss Season 1 (Blu) - $25

Walmart: 

Walking Dead Season 8 (DVD) - $10

Target:

Pitch Perfect 3 (DVD) - $7

Sicario 2 (Blu) - $10

Best Buy:

Walking Dead Season 7 (DVD) - $8

Ant-Man 2 (Blu) - $17

Murder on the Orient Express (Blu) - $6

Annihilation (Blu) - $8

Tomb Raider (Blu) - $8

Death of Superman (Blu) - $8

Jurassic World 2 (Blu) - $10

Hereditary (Blu) - $8

Constantine City of Demons (Blu) - $8

Valerian (4K) - $8

The guy at the register at best buy was like "you realize nobody buys physical movies anymore right?" 

There's dozens of us! Dozens!!!

Movie haul:

Sentai:
Clannad & After Story Complete (Blu) - $41
Log Horizon Complete (Blu) - $35
Made in Abyss Season 1 (Blu) - $25

Walmart:
Walking Dead Season 8 (DVD) - $10

Target:
Pitch Perfect 3 (DVD) - $7
Sicario 2 (Blu) - $10

Best Buy:
Walking Dead Season 7 (DVD) - $8
Ant-Man 2 (Blu) - $17
Murder on the Orient Express (Blu) - $6
Annihilation (Blu) - $8
Tomb Raider (Blu) - $8
Death of Superman (Blu) - $8
Jurassic World 2 (Blu) - $10
Hereditary (Blu) - $8
Constantine City of Demons (Blu) - $8
Valerian (4K) - $8

The guy at the register at best buy was like "you realize nobody buys physical movies anymore right?"

There's dozens of us! Dozens!!!
If nobody brought them then bestbuy wouldn’t sell them lol

Ended up with:

Shape of Water 4K $14.99
The Matrix 4K $14.25
Mission Impossible 4K $12.98
Mission Impossible 2 4K $12.98
The Fifth Element 4K $9.98

I saw someone mention that if you buy a movie from WM, you get a digital copy on Vudu for free. Does this sound legit? If so, how does that work, anyway?

Also, saw the Hunger Games blu-ray set for $9.96, but no mention of digital copies being included. Any chance of it A) including the digital versions anyway, or B) if the "free" Vudu copy would apply to a set like that?

EDIT: So the movie must be under the InstaWatch promotion.

EDIT 2: The Hunger Games set IS listed with InstaWatch on their website...might have to bite then - although I just ordered a copy of the set for $18 from Amazon....
My copy from wakmart came with a UV code for each movie. I redeemed them to my Google account

So Wal-Mart can't be serious. Has anybody else experienced this? I was denied a sale (for the 2nd straight year on Black Friday mind you) on an item that is in their sale ad (last year was on a game that was not only listed, but had a picture as well, which I waited in like for almost an hour for). I brought up Rampage, Skyscraper, and Rambo on 4K to the register. Rampage rang up properly at 8.96. The other two rang up at standard price. I told the lady they were supposed to be on sale. She said they were standard price because they didn't have the "PROMO" sticker on them, which honestly I have never seen before, nor did the vast majority of blu-rays on the shelves even have. I was dumbfounded. I honestly thought I was being trolled. I was waiting for the hidden camera to be revealed. I thought about asking for a manger, but I didn't want to make a scene. I was beyond pissed though. How is this a thing? I have never heard of this before. It's extremely arbitrary, random, and inconvenient. What if someone were to wait in line for an hour only to be denied a sale simply because their item didn't have the proper sticker on it (similar to my experience last year)? If you're going to implement something so incredibly arbitrary and specific, then why not specify that in the ad itself? ESPECIALLY considering the sales are in-store only. That makes no sense. This is exemplary of why Wal-Mart is trash.

So Wal-Mart can't be serious. Has anybody else experienced this? I was denied a sale (for the 2nd straight year on Black Friday mind you) on an item that is in their sale ad (last year was on a game that was not only listed, but had a picture as well, which I waited in like for almost an hour for). I brought up Rampage, Skyscraper, and Rambo on 4K to the register. Rampage rang up properly at 8.96. The other two rang up at standard price. I told the lady they were supposed to be on sale. She said they were standard price because they didn't have the "PROMO" sticker on them, which honestly I have never seen before, nor did the vast majority of blu-rays on the shelves even have. I was dumbfounded. I honestly thought I was being trolled. I was waiting for the hidden camera to be revealed. I thought about asking for a manger, but I didn't want to make a scene. I was beyond pissed though. How is this a thing? I have never heard of this before. It's extremely arbitrary, random, and inconvenient. What if someone were to wait in line for an hour only to be denied a sale simply because their item didn't have the proper sticker on it (similar to my experience last year)? If you're going to implement something so incredibly arbitrary and specific, then why not specify that in the ad itself? ESPECIALLY considering the sales are in-store only. That makes no sense. This is exemplary of why Wal-Mart is trash.
I was just in Walmart. I scanned rampage and it came up for $9. I think the movies have a different barcode on them that notifies the system it's part of the sale.

I was just in Walmart. I scanned rampage and it came up for $9. I think the movies have a different barcode on them that notifies the system it's part of the sale.
That's pretty much exactly what's going on. Sale movies / games typically have a sticker with the new barcode over the existing barcode.

I was talking to some dude at one of the Walmarts I went to who was looking for games and didn't see any in the bin but plenty of the on-sale games behind the glass. He asked an employee about them and the employee told him only those in the bin are on sale, and if the bin is empty then that's it. Everything behind the glass is normal price, whether its the same game or not.

The 2nd walmart I went to had CoD Infinite Warfare behind the glass (and it was supposed to be on sale for $20). The employee helping me said it should ring up for the sale price, but when they rang it up it came up full price. I ended up just ordering it online for the sale price.

It's pretty much what others are saying about the barcode.

Did you get the ones with the promo stickers. There were a bunch of 4k at that price
Yes I got Wonder Woman 4K for $8.96 with the Promo sticker on it. I didn't see anything about Ready Player One or Blade Runner 2049 for $9 anywhere. No ads, nothing on here, nothing on SD, nowhere. Awesome that he got them for that price but he is the only person I've seen that got them for $9. Regular BD sure was $9 but not 4K.

I went and purchased Rampage and Tomb Raider 4k for $9 each. I opened my rampage and noticed there was no code in the case. Anyone had this happen before.

If the case listed a code, then it's a rare screwup, if it didn't...this is sadly becoming the norm at Walmart for certain titles. Their version of Solo's bluray came with none thus it being an ultra rare score in the code trading market. I don't know if it's because of Instawatch, but with the restrictions placed on both it and Savings Catcher it's just leaving many without a digital version whether they were gonna use it legitimately or not.

If the case listed a code, then it's a rare screwup, if it didn't...this is sadly becoming the norm at Walmart for certain titles. Their version of Solo's bluray came with none thus it being an ultra rare score in the code trading market. I don't know if it's because of Instawatch, but with the restrictions placed on both it and Savings Catcher it's just leaving many without a digital version whether they were gonna use it legitimately or not.
Really strange with Solo since all disney blurays come with a Rewards code and majority of the time that rewards code is the same code as the Digital Copy.

Stranger Things Season 2 bluray/ dvd is $15 at Target, about $12.50 after 15% discount.  Pretty sure it was $20 earlier today

Stranger Things Season 2 bluray/ dvd is $15 at Target, about $12.50 after 15% discount. Pretty sure it was $20 earlier today
It was definitely $20 earlier today since I checked it in the morning. May just get it now at $12.50 though.

The copy I ordered hasn't shipped yet either. Everything else I ordered from Target that day though has shipped.
Yeah, still hasn't shipped as of today. They're flooded at stores with this; don't think I could change to store pickup at this point but this is getting ridiculous.

bread's done
Back