Black Friday 2019 Video Game Deals - Master Thread, Spreadsheet, and General Black Friday Discussion

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. Eh, I think I'll just wait.
This is the right call, especially since Scarlett will be backwards compatible with all previous Xbox systems. Xbox One controllers will work too.

I still have an OG Xbox One as well. I’ll wait for Scarlett. I’m not too fond of these newer better versions of existing consoles coming out though. I prefer to buy one version of the system every 6 years or so. I’m fine with that.

Anyone here have a guess on how big the Xbox One X price drop will be once the new Xbox is officially announced and unveiled next year?

I still have my launch XB1 and I wanted to get an XB1X so I can play 4k, but even with these sales I don't play my Xbox nearly enough to justify paying that kinda dough, I have like 5 games for it and that's it.
If you guys think it'll drop to like $300 or less by the end of 2020 or early 2021 I'll just wait.
$300 by the end of next year, it's there now, nah.

This is the right call, especially since Scarlett will be backwards compatible with all previous Xbox systems. Xbox One controllers will work too.

I still have an OG Xbox One as well. I’ll wait for Scarlett. I’m not too fond of these newer better versions of existing consoles coming out though. I prefer to buy one version of the system every 6 years or so. I’m fine with that.
Did they say if it would be true backwards compatibility? Meaning you can just pop in an XB1 game and it'll work on Scarlett? Or will it be digital only and and only some games like Xbox 360 games on the XB1?

Did they say if it would be true backwards compatibility? Meaning you can just pop in an XB1 game and it'll work on Scarlett? Or will it be digital only and and only some games like Xbox 360 games on the XB1?
Yes. All Xbox One games will work, and the Backwards Compatible list of 360 and Xbox titles will continue to be supported along the way. Basically, if you can play it on your Xbox One, you’ll be able to play it on Scarlett.

https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1138219639735894016?s=20

Yeah Best Buy has turned off the option to price match online, via chat and on registers. They aren't able to do so with Black Friday deals being all week.
That can't be possible. I just went in store and the cashier had no problem doing it.

Damn I'm trying to find sunset orange ps4 controller but I guess it's a discontinued color can't find one anywhere. Should have scooped it last year. I got my berry one and I love it.

Just grabbed the slim for $200 at my Target tonight. For anyone else wondering. TLoU is on disc while the other 2 games are DLC vouchers

Here's a photo btw. My Target only had 2 more of the consoles. Cashier told me they were literally flying off the shelves!

https://m.imgur.com/a/EktzLAy

Did they price match or do a return / rebuy? My store wasn't even able to do so despite the manager attempting to do so. She did a return / rebuy to get around it.
Would my receipt say? I literally grabbed the game, went to the cashier, and said I wanted to price match WALMART. 2 minutes later, he confirms the price, I said yes, and I paid and that's it.

Would my receipt say? I literally grabbed the game, went to the cashier, and said I wanted to price match WALMART. 2 minutes later, he confirms the price, I said yes, and I paid and that's it.
It should show if it was price matched. Maybe it was turned on after some hours. I went once the store opened and chatted with support. Both weren't able to do so, so they did a return / rebuy in the same transaction in store.

They could circumvent price matching by giving the item a price reduction instead though.

Guess Astral Chain isn’t getting any sort of discount ... was hoping GS might come through at $39.99. Anyone think it’s worth using a Nintendo certificate on it?

It should show if it was price matched. Maybe it was turned on after some hours. I went once the store opened and chatted with support. Both weren't able to do so, so they did a return / rebuy in the same transaction in store.

They could circumvent price matching by giving the item a price reduction instead though.
Just checked. It says PRICE MATCH COMP

Is the deluxe version of Control with the $39.99 price a good deal? It is with the extra but of money?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Did Uncharted 4 go on sale at Amazon and sell out? My friend wants it, not me, so I didn't bother checking until just now and they don't seem to have it in stock.

Already got most of the stuff I wanted this year and it's only Sunday!

I ordered/picked up:

$10 - Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair for Switch (Gamestop)
$15 - Killer Queen Black for Switch (Gamestop)

$15 - Spider-Man Game of the Year Edition for PS4 (Best Buy)
$15 - Dragon's Crown Pro for PS4 (Best Buy)
$15 - Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition for PS4 (Best Buy)
$25 - Catherine Full Body Launch Edition (Steelbook) for PS4 (Best Buy)

$300 - Death Stranding PS4 Pro Bundle (Playstation)

+ a few figures/collectibles for 25% off at Gamestop

I'm going to grab some pre-owned stuff during Gamestop's B2G1 sale but other than a $15 game or two at Target & a few 4K Blu-Rays I'm all set! :D

Already got most of the stuff I wanted this year and it's only Sunday!

I ordered/picked up:

$10 - Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair for Switch (Gamestop)
$15 - Killer Queen Black for Switch (Gamestop)

$15 - Spider-Man Game of the Year Edition for PS4 (Best Buy)
$15 - Dragon's Crown Pro for PS4 (Best Buy)
$15 - Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition for PS4 (Best Buy)
$25 - Catherine Full Body Launch Edition (Steelbook) for PS4 (Best Buy)

$300 - Death Stranding PS4 Pro Bundle (Playstation)

+ a few figures/collectibles for 25% off at Gamestop

I'm going to grab some pre-owned stuff during Gamestop's B2G1 sale but other than a $15 game or two at Target & a few 4K Blu-Rays I'm all set! :D
Grats on progress on your buy list.

Regarding Catherine - I see the standard edition on BB website. Did I miss out on steelbook or did you pick that up in store?

It's not immediately obvious at the top of the thread - do we have a list of which sites are going live with all deals at what times?

GameStop goes up Weds 9pm EST.
Best Buy says "shop online all day" so I guess that's 3am EST on Thurs?
Target I can't seem to decipher.

Decided to get the sport blue controller from target since it was between that one and the clean white one which I wanted more but took a chance against it.

Right bumper is fucked up, of course. I've seen people having multiple problems with this one and shouldve stayed away from it.

Guess Astral Chain isn’t getting any sort of discount ... was hoping GS might come through at $39.99. Anyone think it’s worth using a Nintendo certificate on it?
not really imo since its a 18 hour or so game with limited replay so not really worth owning digital. You should be able to pick it up pretty cheap preowned at gamestop, especially if you have any around you during the black friday B2G1F sale. I have a lot of used copies around me.

My buy list this year is pretty small

$299 - Death Stranding PS4 Pro at gamestop

$10 - yooka laylee 2 new at gamestop

$24 - indivisible switch (pre order) at best buy

$20 - collection of mana switch at best buy

$15 - Killer Queen black switch new at gamestop

$20 - concrete genie digital PSN

$20 - medievil digital PSN

gonna be on the lookout for Astral Chain, Code Vein, Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order, an Elite v2 controller, and witcher 3 switch but all will be cheaper in the future so not too bothered if they don't drop further.

Grats on progress on your buy list.

Regarding Catherine - I see the standard edition on BB website. Did I miss out on steelbook or did you pick that up in store?
Yeah same question on the Catherine
I noticed Best Buy had Catherine: Fully Body Standard Edition for $24.99 online and showed that my local store had 2 copies in stock.

I was heading there for a store pickup order anyway (Spider-Man GOTY) so I checked the PS4 section and I couldn't find any Standard Edition copies but there were 2 copies of the Launch Edition (Steelbook) on the shelf.
I had an employee check the price for me and it rang up $24.99! :)

The site now shows that my local store only has 1 copy left in stock so I guess the SKUs for the Launch & Standard editions got merged in their system?

Man, we never did get anything for Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate.  That game refuses to drop below $30 retail/$25 digital.

not really imo since its a 18 hour or so game with limited replay so not really worth owning digital. You should be able to pick it up pretty cheap preowned at gamestop, especially if you have any around you during the black friday B2G1F sale. I have a lot of used copies around me.

My buy list this year is pretty small

$299 - Death Stranding PS4 Pro at gamestop
$10 - yooka laylee 2 new at gamestop
$24 - indivisible switch (pre order) at best buy
$20 - collection of mana switch at best buy
$15 - Killer Queen black switch new at gamestop
$20 - concrete genie digital PSN
$20 - medievil digital PSN

gonna be on the lookout for Astral Chain, Code Vein, Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order, an Elite v2 controller, and witcher 3 switch but all will be cheaper in the future so not too bothered if they don't drop further.
Indivisible will be $19 at GameStop if that matters.

Have any deals been announced for Xbox credit?  I'd like to buy some stuff from their digital sale, but don't know if I should wait to get some credit on Black Friday. 

Have any deals been announced for Xbox credit? I'd like to buy some stuff from their digital sale, but don't know if I should wait to get some credit on Black Friday.
Only thing I've seen is "10% cash back on new consoles, hardware & Digital currency" with Samsung Pay at GameStop. Which may be a targeted offer anyway. LINK

The Xbox Live Black Friday Sale is good till December 2nd.

Are there any possible deals coming still for Xbox Live?
didnt see a topic posted but their is a long list on majornelsons for digital that goes through monday, alot of it just matches sonys but their are a few worth getting, wish they would sell forzaa 3 standard, missed it when it was on sale years ago and combos and ultimate editions went on sale, seems they are only pushing 4 since it came out to be on sale

bread's done
Back