Black Friday VG deals spreadsheet megathread

civita

CAG Newbie
It's that time of year again, friends. 

The 2021 spreadsheet can be found here.

Will update this post as Black Friday ads start coming out. Post if you see any, and let me know if you'd like to be an editor! 

General note: If you see a game you want at a price you like, but it's the wrong platform, search that store's website for the platform you want. Often they'll mark a game down to the same price on all platforms, but only advertise one.

Updates:

Update #6 - 11/19/21: Best Buy added! Big thanks to Blueweltall for all his help adding in everything from BB!

Update #5 - 11/17/21: Individual console pages added (thanks for the Google Sheets tip, Confucius)! Go-live times added!

Update #4 - 11/14/21: Target added!

Update #3 - 11/12/21: Wal-Mart added!

Update #2 - 11/11/21: Currently the only BF ad available is Meijer. Added!

Update #1 - 11/06/21: BTW, the spreadsheet is currently empty. No BF ads have leaked yet. We'll be on the lookout!

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed.

I don't have much hope for Best Buy. I'm kind of unnerved that we're barely a week away from BF and they haven't posted an ad.
That's exactly how I feel. Seems like this BF is going to be so lack luster. I was excited for it, but seeing less and less ads, doesn't give me much hope. I remember being super psyched and hyped for BF, but maybe I'm just older. I used to plan it all out. I guess times have just changed. :(

Yeah, having worked retail through High School I was never big on BF as I got older but I still had my own little rituals. Typical routine consisted of hitting up the local Target at 22:00, bouncing across town to Best Buy, then maybe over to Walmart and Gamestop, possibly another Target on the way back. There would usually be a few games I wanted at Target, then the rest were just stops to be out of the house. Since I had no agenda or time tables, it didn't matter how long it took or if I even got anything. 

These last few years with a decline of good physical sales, COVID, harder pushes to digital stores, and BF now being a week long, it all seems to have lost it's luster.  

It's been a good sale for me so far. I bought Ratchet & Clank Rift apart, Returnal and ghost of tsushima director's cut for $31.53 each. Bought six 4K movies ranging anywhere from $7.99 to 9.99. Now I'm just looking for Spider-Man Miles Morales Ultimate Edition and season pass for Far Cry 5 on Xbox and I will be all set

It's been a good sale for me so far. I bought Ratchet & Clank Rift apart, Returnal and ghost of tsushima director's cut for $31.53 each. Bought six 4K movies ranging anywhere from $7.99 to 9.99. Now I'm just looking for Spider-Man Miles Morales Ultimate Edition and season pass for Far Cry 5 on Xbox and I will be all set
Bought the exact same games and also got Metroid Dread, Skyward Sword and Mario Golf as well. Kicking myself for waiting a day and not getting Deathloop and Persona 5 Strikers when they were around $20 a piece with the Gamestop price glitch on Sunday. I'm hoping that they accidentally did their BF prices and I can get them again in the next week.

How did you get the PS5 games for that price? I just got a PS5 from the Sony queue sale (where they send you an email to buy at a specific time) and now I needs some games! I'm not going to go nuts, but maybe Ratchet & Clank and Demon's Souls if I can get them cheap enough.

How did you get the PS5 games for that price? I just got a PS5 from the Sony queue sale (where they send you an email to buy at a specific time) and now I needs some games! I'm not going to go nuts, but maybe Ratchet & Clank and Demon's Souls if I can get them cheap enough.
Gamestop had some games discounted to lower prices for some reason--those three were $39.99-$45.99 each and qualified for the still-running B2G1 promotion. The prices have since gone back up, but one theory is Gamestop "turned on" their Black Friday pricing early, so we might see those prices come back. The B2G1 is supposedly live through 11/24 (maybe longer?).

My deals in November have been the GameFly sale, the B2G1 new at Gamestop with credit, B2G1 used with 50% extra trade ins at Gamestop,  Play-Asia free shipping, and a few individual seller.

So far, I've got...

PS4:

-Attack on Titan 2 Final Battle (PAL, New)
-Mass Effect Legendary (Used)
-Scarlet Nexus (Used)
-Samurai Warriors 5 (Used)
-Super Robot Taisen X (Asia, New)
-Super Robot Taisen V (Asia, New)
-Super Robot Taisen T (Asia, New)
-Tales of Arise (New)
-Lost Judgement (New)

Switch:

-SMT V (Steelcase, New)
-Metroid Dread (Used)
-Shovel Knight Treasure Trove (Used)
-Streets of Rage 4 (Used)

I may yet get a copy of Blue Reflection 2.  I am on the look out for a $20 or less copy of Neo: TWEWY.  Otherwise, I think I have a pile of gaming for pretty good prices.

Stopped y my local Beet Buy and talked to my friend who works in the warehouse and he confirmed the sale starts tomorrow and he knows nothing that’s on it, and normally the warehouse would be the first to know.

Stopped y my local Beet Buy and talked to my friend who works in the warehouse and he confirmed the sale starts tomorrow and he knows nothing that’s on it, and normally the warehouse would be the first to know.
When I last went into my Best Buy, it had overstock on the floor of TVs and other electronic stuffs that seem like prep for Black Friday, but the game section was a poopshow and low stock.

Unless my local store is keepin' it all in the back, it's online or bust for me.

My deals in November have been the GameFly sale, the B2G1 new at Gamestop with credit, B2G1 used with 50% extra trade ins at Gamestop, Play-Asia free shipping, and a few individual seller.
Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if the B2G1 new sale at Gamestop is one reason their ad hasn't shown up yet, as the ad could cause some people to hold off getting some games that they have a feeling will be part of the sale (especially stuff that is already listed in other ads).

For me, I played it safe and picked up some more recent Japanese games that my hunch is telling me are not going to part of any Black Friday sale (including Blue Reflection 2).

I spent 20 minutes looking for another $25 game to add to Persona 5 Royal and Deathloop…I “settled” for the Super Monkey Ball 1&2 remakes for $20.

I think I can live with each game being ~$18 after taxes.

Mass effect legendary for $28 is pretty good.

It's interesting, Witcher 3 for switch is in the $15 game section, but it is showing $50. For $15 I'd grab it, but $50 is just dumb.

I was hoping to return my copy of Persona 5R to Walmart and rebuy it in a b2g1 but it’s past the return date. Too bad Riders Republic is $30 at BB and not GS. Gonna have to see if there’s anything I can talk myself into.

Nice. Thought I got a good deal on Biomutant for $25 using Amazon's get $15 back deal, haven't even opened it and now its $19.99.

So now I have a $10 back from Paypal. Should I get Dragon Quest 11 or Watch Dogs Legion? I'll make the wrong decision of course and the game I choose will be a game with gold.

Nice. Thought I got a good deal on Biomutant for $25 using Amazon's get $15 back deal, haven't even opened it and now its $19.99.
So now I have a $10 back from Paypal. Should I get Dragon Quest 11 or Watch Dogs Legion?
DQ 11 f . Just finished it a few weeks ago. Great game

So I probably won't be able to post purchase price adjust, correct? Looking to get some money back on B4B and Guardians of the Galaxy.

I really do want riders republic but Walmart has it for 25 at Walmart instead of 30 at BB. i did add a few games into my cart though for BB but waiting until GameStop does their ACTUAL BF AD instead of these "Early deals" 

So I probably won't be able to post purchase price adjust, correct? Looking to get some money back on B4B and Guardians of the Galaxy.
Rebuy and return, for GOTG anyway. "Purchases made October 18, 2021, through January 2, 2022, have an extended return period through January 16, 2022." GOTG came out Oct 26th.

Anyone know if Best Buy price matches their own Black Friday deals? Wondering if I can get a partial refund for GotG and Riders Republic that I recently bought from them

Anyone know if Best Buy price matches their own Black Friday deals? Wondering if I can get a partial refund for GotG and Riders Republic that I recently bought from them
If it's within 30 days, usually. I think it's 45 for elite members.

Got some steelbooks from bestbuy. Is GOTG deluxe worth getting? I didn’t like marvels avengers and if it’s similar to that, I can wait. And I’m pissed about GOT and DS Directors cuts not being $30 or below omfg

I don't know if these are still hard to get or not, but the Xbox Series S seems to be in stock at Best Buy.  I'm not finding any games to buy for my PS5 that;s supposed to come in from Sony soon.  The games are still all $10-$20 over what I'm willing to pay.  I can wait.

Decided to get Cruis’n Blast and THPS 1 & 2 for Switch from Best Buy for pickup. I was going to get THPS from Walmart on Monday. Since Best Buy has it for the same price at $20 I went with them. All I want now is Hot Wheels Unleashed for Switch from Walmart and my BF shopping is done.

Clever Best Buy, they took most of the people unprepared/unaware and started earlier so nobody can complain about BF prices being rubbish.

Can’t remember when was the last time a BF was so lackluster

damn, this is a lot of fucking games. lol. does anyone want to help populate the spreadsheet? DM me and i'll grand access. could use a hand. thanks!

Amazon is matching Best Buy prices and some of the are B2G1 free (Deathloop and Guardians of the Galaxy).
Guardians of the Galaxy PS5 on Amazon no longer $30 :( Was going to get Deathloop and 2x GotG PS5. Oh well.

bread's done
Back