Black Friday VG deals spreadsheet megathread

civita

CAG Newbie
It's that time of year again, friends. 

The 2021 spreadsheet can be found here.

Will update this post as Black Friday ads start coming out. Post if you see any, and let me know if you'd like to be an editor! 

General note: If you see a game you want at a price you like, but it's the wrong platform, search that store's website for the platform you want. Often they'll mark a game down to the same price on all platforms, but only advertise one.

Updates:

Update #6 - 11/19/21: Best Buy added! Big thanks to Blueweltall for all his help adding in everything from BB!

Update #5 - 11/17/21: Individual console pages added (thanks for the Google Sheets tip, Confucius)! Go-live times added!

Update #4 - 11/14/21: Target added!

Update #3 - 11/12/21: Wal-Mart added!

Update #2 - 11/11/21: Currently the only BF ad available is Meijer. Added!

Update #1 - 11/06/21: BTW, the spreadsheet is currently empty. No BF ads have leaked yet. We'll be on the lookout!

Last edited by a moderator:
Returned the regular edition of GotG to WM after getting Cosmic. The return rep didn't know what to do with the steelbook since it doesn't have a barcode and told me to keep it. Now I have three ^^;

Buy 2 ubisoft games get $50 target gift card at target. Not for me but I’m sure some of y’all can get creative with it if there’s anyone to price match

If I don’t care about the art book, does the cosmic deluxe edition of gotg change anything regarding gameplay vs regular?
You get 2 costumes early...

You also get a code to download the soundtrack.

I'm not loving this game so far. Its pretty but I spend way too long walking around and interacting with objects that don't matter between action parts. Reminds me of a lot of VR games in that regard.

I'm not finding the writing/dialog very clever or funny, either.

Maybe it gets better..?

You get 2 costumes early...

You also get a code to download the soundtrack.

I'm not loving this game so far. Its pretty but I spend way too long walking around and interacting with objects that don't matter between action parts. Reminds me of a lot of VR games in that regard.

I'm not finding the writing/dialog very clever or funny, either.

Maybe it gets better..?
Oof, if you don't like the writing/dialogue, then I have some bad news for you: it's easily the best part of the game, along with the music.

The gameplay is pretty mediocre IMO.

Everything arrived.

Back 4 Blood x4 (one for a friend and one for me) - had to get a couple backups if gs sent opened copies

Hotwheels Unleashed x2

Minecraft Dungeons x2

External HDD 5tb x2

MicroSD 128gb x2

battery bank

roku

some home improvement items

It was an okay Black Friday weekend.

My $25 GotG PS5 finally arrived from Walmart via FedEx and came with the steelbook. Steelbook was not wrapped at all. Thankfully not damaged in any way.

Returning my gotg tomorrow, arrived without the steelbook. I have enough to play I’ll wait until it’s $10.

Gamestop sent my "new copy" of village in just a sleeve. No box. Not surprised at all.
I never expect a box for games ordered from any retailer. Unless it's a special edition with a larger box, not sure why anyone would think a single regular edition order would come in a box.

I never expect a box for games ordered from any retailer. Unless it's a special edition with a larger box, not sure why anyone would think a single regular edition order would come in a box.
pretty sure they are talking about the case for the game, a new game. they only got the disc in a white or yellow sleeve.

Ah, my bad. That certainly stinks! I misread the post. Sorry about that.
The post was vague enough that I get your interpretation. If they had said it came in one of those yellow/white sleeves/disc only then it would have been easier to figure out.

The game being disc only isn't too surprising after people mentioned to try trading it in disc only to try and get the higher trade value instead of the lower one a while back.

The post was vague enough that I get your interpretation. If they had said it came in one of those yellow/white sleeves/disc only then it would have been easier to figure out.

The game being disc only isn't too surprising after people mentioned to try trading it in disc only to try and get the higher trade value instead of the lower one a while back.
They bought it new though

They bought it new though
"new" from gamestop isn't the same thing as actually new from practically anywhere else. Yeah it should have at least come with the case and a dumb sticker but that's gamestop.

Many of us have Stockholm syndrome or abused spouse for lack of better words when it comes to them. Occasionally they (gamestop) treats us nicely. The rest of the time they send us the wrong game, never ship the order, send a broken/damaged game and so on and so on.

"new" from gamestop isn't the same thing as actually new from practically anywhere else. Yeah it should have at least come with the case and a dumb sticker but that's gamestop.
Yeah but they aren't selling disc only trade ins as new. Likely was the display copy and they forgot to put it in the game box.

They didn't "forget" to put it in a game box. They've been doing this - and getting away with it - for so long that they openly hand across loose discs when they sell new.

Update on the bold: Due to having reasons and luck, I had $15 in Amazon credit when I had originally typed that. I was going to use it for something else, but I ended up buying it at BB instead today. I just decided to get NEO. $10 of that credit expires in a few weeks and I don't think NEO will get any lower this year (unless its by Walmart) or Amazon will PM Walmarts price. Plus, it might not be in stock next Black Friday unlike NieR Replicant. Am I happy now? I could have been had Amazon PM the 14.99 price so I can use the credit to get it for free. lol It is what it is. One way or another, I got NEO at $15. lol
Update #2 on the bold: I got NEO for free. I'm happy now. How did I do this? As I said, I had $15 in credit. Now $10 was from a mastercard promo by making a mastercard my payment method. I didn't realize that it was still my payment method (it had no money on it to begin with) when I bought NEO. So hours later, I got a notification on my phone with a $10 higher purchase for NEO due to the mastercard declining. The $10 was tied to the mastercard even though the Amazon promo never said that so if the payment isn't mastercard the $10 isn't applied. I called Amazon due to my confusion and it was too late to cancel the order. They gave me back the $15 in credit from the purchase plus the $10 was still there from the mastercard. Days later, I called them again because the agent told me they were going to cancel my order during transit but never did so I ended up getting it. The current agent helped me return it and gave me $5 in credit for the inconvenience. I had $20 in credit now plus, the $10 mastercard promo was still available as long I used the mastercard as payment. I returned it. Another issue was that Amazon limited the purchase of NEO to 1 so I couldn't rebuy it from when I bought it on 11/29 to when I sent it back on 12/2. I checked every day and I was just now about to rebuy it even though it hasn't reached Amazon yet. So now I was able to get NEO for $0.00. The only way for my mastercard with no money in it payment to go through. Plus, NEO had decreased to $27.24 since I sent it back then due to GameStop, so I get back $2.76 in credit. I did none of this intentionally. Just fate.

Walmart works hard, but Rob19ny works harder.

Got myself quite a haul this year.

I spent more money on games (and other stuff) moreso than the last two years lol.

Got myself quite a haul this year.

I spent more money on games (and other stuff) moreso than the last two years lol.
Was a good year for deals, but not in the normal channels. Between GameStop stacking of deals, GameFly, and a few other one offs, I was able to get some stuff I had no intention of getting for little out of pocket.

Was a good year for deals, but not in the normal channels. Between GameStop stacking of deals, GameFly, and a few other one offs, I was able to get some stuff I had no intention of getting for little out of pocket.
Most of my stuff were from Amazon and Best Buy.

Thank God that stores were matching prices with Gamestop - I never want to shop at Gamestop itself. Amazon was unusually price matching more this year compared to previous years.

Got myself a Splatoon 2 + DLC bundle thanks to Amazon price matching Walmart (speaking of which first time I havent shopped at Walmart at all on a BF).

Took nine days longer than predicted, but Fedex finally dropped off my Walmart package today. Guardians came with the steelbook, which was nice, and somehow despite being crammed into a slightly-too-small bubble mailer everything was clean and dent/scratch-free.

Most of my stuff were from Amazon and Best Buy.

Thank God that stores were matching prices with Gamestop - I never want to shop at Gamestop itself. Amazon was unusually price matching more this year compared to previous years.

Got myself a Splatoon 2 + DLC bundle thanks to Amazon price matching Walmart (speaking of which first time I havent shopped at Walmart at all on a BF).
Pleasantly surprised with Gamestop.com. Ordered a few new games -- and they all were actually new. No complaints about them this BF.

In my book, GS,com did a good job improving its brand image. I will now include them again among places I look to for new games.

I must have missed their Gamestop price matches, but I did get in on their Walmart price matches for Guardians of the Galaxy and Deathloop for $25 to enjoy on the brand new PS5 I got from Sony a few weeks back.

I already played and beat Guardians of the Galaxy and sold it as "like new" on eBay. When it is all said and done (packaging, shipping, and fees), and assuming the buyer isn't an asshat, I'll end up having paid about $1.50 to "rent" it. Not bad as it was a thoroughly enjoyable game with some stunning visuals - just what I wanted for my new PS5.

I am currently playing Deathloop and may do the same thing once I'm done with that. I can probably make a profit on that one as it is back up to $59.99 (whereas Guardians is $39.99 now).

I may no longer be in the trade-in credit game, but I can still be a cheapass in other ways ;).

I must have missed their Gamestop price matches, but I did get in on their Walmart price matches for Guardians of the Galaxy and Deathloop for $25 to enjoy on the brand new PS5 I got from Sony a few weeks back.

I already played and beat Guardians of the Galaxy and sold it as "like new" on eBay. When it is all said and done (packaging, shipping, and fees), and assuming the buyer isn't an asshat, I'll end up having paid about $1.50 to "rent" it. Not bad as it was a thoroughly enjoyable game with some stunning visuals - just what I wanted for my new PS5.

I am currently playing Deathloop and may do the same thing once I'm done with that. I can probably make a profit on that one as it is back up to $59.99 (whereas Guardians is $39.99 now).

I may no longer be in the trade-in credit game, but I can still be a cheapass in other ways ;).
Gamestop - someone must have lost it because a lot of Nintendo first party titles like Zelda BotW, NSMBU, etc were on sale for $27 and Amazon was price matching it lol.

Gamestop - someone must have lost it because a lot of Nintendo first party titles like Zelda BotW, NSMBU, etc were on sale for $27 and Amazon was price matching it lol.
I still feel like that was a price error because they randomly hiked the price back up some time in the day even though it was up for a long time.

That or an intentional test to see how long it would take amazon to follow along so they can time future flash sales

I still feel like that was a price error because they randomly hiked the price back up some time in the day even though it was up for a long time.

That or an intentional test to see how long it would take amazon to follow along so they can time future flash sales
I also think that was a price error. Just took them an extremely long time to become aware and/or fix.

I still have PS4 pro titles from last year needing my attention. So I’m playing Persona 5 Royal currently. Meanwhile also taking advantage of gamestops 30 day return policy while I can

bread's done
Back