Black Friday VG deals spreadsheet megathread

civita

CAG Newbie
It's that time of year again, friends. 

The 2021 spreadsheet can be found here.

Will update this post as Black Friday ads start coming out. Post if you see any, and let me know if you'd like to be an editor! 

General note: If you see a game you want at a price you like, but it's the wrong platform, search that store's website for the platform you want. Often they'll mark a game down to the same price on all platforms, but only advertise one.

Updates:

Update #6 - 11/19/21: Best Buy added! Big thanks to Blueweltall for all his help adding in everything from BB!

Update #5 - 11/17/21: Individual console pages added (thanks for the Google Sheets tip, Confucius)! Go-live times added!

Update #4 - 11/14/21: Target added!

Update #3 - 11/12/21: Wal-Mart added!

Update #2 - 11/11/21: Currently the only BF ad available is Meijer. Added!

Update #1 - 11/06/21: BTW, the spreadsheet is currently empty. No BF ads have leaked yet. We'll be on the lookout!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamestop.com changed their prices?
Breath of wild was 26.99 new part of the black Friday deals.
Now it's back to 39.99
Mario odyssey is still $35
Yep looks like the first-party Nintendo games that are part of the sale are back up to $40. They changed the pre-owned prices to $27. I’m glad I went in and picked Paper Mario: Origami King before the prices changed.

Don’t assume it’s yours until you get a pickup confirmation. I’ve been burned by Walmart and Target. You put in an order at 7am, then get an out of stock email at 4pm.
2b8fba953cfc1ef9647f2407fc72afde.jpg

Got it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, this is a really weird BF season.  

I was kind of kicking around getting Ys IX for the PS4, but that's about the only thing jumping out at me right now.  

Hope others are able to get in on some of the deals though.  

Hot wheels for the switch is finally in stock at Walmart. Grab it fast!!!

Edit: it’s SOLD OUT now hope you got it if you wanted it only lasted a couple minutes 

The hiccup with Hot Wheels Unleashed stock at Walmart is strange for lack of a better word. Seeing that go down makes me glad I opted to get the vanilla game at GS yesterday for $5 more (price-matched GS.com)

The hiccup with Hot Wheels Unleashed stock at Walmart is strange for lack of a better word. Seeing that go down makes me glad I opted to get the vanilla game at GS yesterday for $5 more (price-matched GS.com)
Yeah I wanted the challenge accepted edition so I signed up for plus. Stupid doing that in the first place. At 3 yesterday it went out of stock immediately. Frustrated I caved and got the $50 Ps5 challenge accepted edition last night. So now I have two coming. The switch version went crazy fast today and it wasn’t tweeted out. They must be listing hardly any. Shouldn’t be part of the sale if it’s this limited.

I think I might have grabbed the last Hotwheels. I missed it yesterday and got the vanilla copy at BBY but haven't opened it in hopes I could snag a Walmart copy. I got mine Walmart copy around 5:47pm CT. At the time it showed 2 copies available. I stumbled into it with dumb luck. I've been randomly checking since yesterday.

I think its the cross over of collectors, video game people and hotwheels people. The Walmart is an exclusive that comes with a special Boneshaker car, which hotwheels collectors are paying $25 - $30 just for the car. So if you just want the game, you can flip the car for the $25 you paid at Walmart making the game basically free.

I think I might have grabbed the last Hotwheels. I missed it yesterday and got the vanilla copy at BBY but haven't opened it in hopes I could snag a Walmart copy. I got mine Walmart copy around 5:47pm CT. At the time it showed 2 copies available. I stumbled into it with dumb luck. I've been randomly checking since yesterday.

I think its the cross over of collectors, video game people and hotwheels people. The Walmart is an exclusive that comes with a special Boneshaker car, which hotwheels collectors are paying $25 - $30 just for the car. So if you just want the game, you can flip the car for the $25 you paid at Walmart making the game basically free.
yep, i bought the ps5 version, sold the steelbook for $20 and the hot wheel for $25. $25 for that package is a money maker.

So I decided to grab the Ps5 version of Guardians at Walmart with the steel book hopefully I get it.  Reading the Walmart reviews and on other sites it doesn’t look likely.  I mainly got it for that as my back log is quite large. Hopefully if it doesn’t come with one I can ask support to mail me out the steel book only. 

So I decided to grab the Ps5 version of Guardians at Walmart with the steel book hopefully I get it. Reading the Walmart reviews and on other sites it doesn’t look likely. I mainly got it for that as my back log is quite large. Hopefully if it doesn’t come with one I can ask support to mail me out the steel book only.
Hmmm wonder if I should just order it from Amazon or roll the dice with Walmart.

FYI GotG is also $25 for Xbox on Amazon.

So I decided to grab the Ps5 version of Guardians at Walmart with the steel book hopefully I get it. Reading the Walmart reviews and on other sites it doesn’t look likely. I mainly got it for that as my back log is quite large. Hopefully if it doesn’t come with one I can ask support to mail me out the steel book only.
i wouldn't get your hopes up about getting the steelbook even if you contact walmart.

I’m pretty sure you will get the steelbook when it clearly says it in the title. Also wondering if I should just get nfl 22 from Walmart cuz they’re the only one that has the steelbook right now.

What’s the steelbook supposed to be anyway? Steelbook that comes with cosmic deluxe?

I’m pretty sure you will get the steelbook when it clearly says it in the title. Also wondering if I should just get nfl 22 from Walmart cuz they’re the only one that has the steelbook right now.

What’s the steelbook supposed to be anyway? Steelbook that comes with cosmic deluxe?
it's a walmart exclusive steelbook. it was a preorder bonus and some people who preordered didn't get the steelbook either

Just noticed Amazon I guess price matching Walmart.  Ordered GotG and Deathloop for my brand new PS5 for $25 each and Paper Mario for $35.

i have concluded that GPU has ruined black friday for the xbox. it's hard to buy crap unless it's really cheap...
Yeah, same here. I've splurged on some PS5 games, but *only* because I just got a PS5 from Sony a few days ago. I got FF VII ($42.74 from Target), and then the other two I just mentioned (Deathloop and Guardians of the Galaxy) for $25 each from Amazon. That's more than I'd want to pay for any of those games in general, but Game Pass has for the most part made me stop buying games. I'm not sure if that's what MS intended ;).

Yeah, same here. I've splurged on some PS5 games, but *only* because I just got a PS5 from Sony a few days ago. I got FF VII ($42.74 from Target), and then the other two I just mentioned (Deathloop and Guardians of the Galaxy) for $25 each from Amazon. That's more than I'd want to pay for any of those games in general, but Game Pass has for the most part made me stop buying games. I'm not sure if that's what MS intended ;).
yeah, if i still had my son's ps4 i would have bought a bunch of ps4 games.

it is lol

That's super shady of gamestop to change all the prices on the 1st party switch games. Pretty sure I even seen them advertised as black Friday sales.

But also not surprised for a business that sells New games in a empty case.

How is it shady? Sales come and go.

They advertised it as Black Friday sales. I am assuming it was a pricing error, or they realized they priced too low and was being taken advantage of by the resellers.

sales comes and go but these were advertised as Black Friday sales and then changed within a day.

They advertised it as Black Friday sales. I am assuming it was a pricing error, or they realized they priced too low and was being taken advantage of by the resellers.

sales comes and go but these were advertised as Black Friday sales and then changed within a day.
The website says up to 60% off. They are still on sale, just not as low as it was before. So, they are still being sold as advertised.

The website says up to 60% off. They are still on sale, just not as low as it was before. So, they are still being sold as advertised.

Not as low as before doesn't equal as advertised. If you advertised a price and then change it, advertised losses all meaning.

If they can keep raising the price to full MSRP. It's not illegal as in false advertising but it's a very shady business practice, like selling used open games as New.

Not as low as before doesn't equal as advertised. If you advertised a price and then change it, advertised losses all meaning.

If they can keep raising the price to full MSRP. It's not illegal as in false advertising but it's a very shady business practice, like selling used open games as New.
They didn't advertise anything as they don't even have an ad. The online prices can change at any time. Just take a look at Amazon.

They didn't advertise anything as they don't even have an ad
If it was advertised in a ad that would be illegal then and false advertisement. I believe the only reason they are able to do that is exactly because it wasn't in a ad, advertised.

It was just on the website at those prices, but they were advertised as a black Friday sales price still just not part of a actual ad.

What you're describing is the difference between what I call shady business practices and actual false advertisement.

Anyone know if the Walmart prices are live in store?  If not, when are they supposed to go live?  Pretty sure the local store still has some of the Hot Wheels Unleashed steelbook editions in stock.

Uh-oh, this GameStop discussion is giving me serious "bait and switch" vibes like that Best Buy thread from a few months back... :whee:
My favorite was when someone told him to speak to a manager.

Bumping into a Karen in the wild is the worst but laughing at them online is definitely amusing.

Anyone know if the Walmart prices are live in store? If not, when are they supposed to go live? Pretty sure the local store still has some of the Hot Wheels Unleashed steelbook editions in stock.
they go live in store friday at 5am, I know in past years they would start ringing up at sale prices before that, but it looks like that is no longer the case?

You know what is really shady? Having a Black Friday sale on a day of the week that isn't Friday. Lol

bread's done
Back