Black Friday VG deals spreadsheet megathread

civita

CAG Newbie
It's that time of year again, friends. 

The 2021 spreadsheet can be found here.

Will update this post as Black Friday ads start coming out. Post if you see any, and let me know if you'd like to be an editor! 

General note: If you see a game you want at a price you like, but it's the wrong platform, search that store's website for the platform you want. Often they'll mark a game down to the same price on all platforms, but only advertise one.

Updates:

Update #6 - 11/19/21: Best Buy added! Big thanks to Blueweltall for all his help adding in everything from BB!

Update #5 - 11/17/21: Individual console pages added (thanks for the Google Sheets tip, Confucius)! Go-live times added!

Update #4 - 11/14/21: Target added!

Update #3 - 11/12/21: Wal-Mart added!

Update #2 - 11/11/21: Currently the only BF ad available is Meijer. Added!

Update #1 - 11/06/21: BTW, the spreadsheet is currently empty. No BF ads have leaked yet. We'll be on the lookout!

Last edited by a moderator:
My walmart order of guardians for the ps5 shipped. .5 pounds. It doesn’t look like I will get the advertised steel book as suspected. I will just return it if I don’t and support can’t send one. It’s being shipped by cokem international not Walmart.

COD: Vanguard isn’t listed in the spreadsheet. Is the Walmart $39 best deal Friday?
$39 is the best deal anywhere for Vanguard, especially for the cross-gen versions that are normally $70.

It wasn't put in the spreadsheet since it wasn't an advertised price. Went live on 11/22.

My walmart order of guardians for the ps5 shipped. .5 pounds. It doesn’t look like I will get the advertised steel book as suspected. I will just return it if I don’t and support can’t send one. It’s being shipped by cokem international not Walmart.
Same weight on my Xbox order. Didn't expect the steel book anyway considering a lot of pre-orders didn't even get it. Still a great price.

I've been striking out with Target PMing the 20th anniversary controller since its OOS....

Edit: Finally 3rd attempt worked and Target PMed.

Just ordered Ghosts of Tsushima DC for my new PS5 from Dell (of all places), for $28.99:

https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/ps5-ghost-of-tsushima-directors-cut/apd/ab775346/gaming-gaming-accessories

Their site says Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart is the same price, but "temporarily out of stock." I'll be keeping an eye on that page in case it comes back in, though I'm sure I missed it.
Great find. I had dell rewards from my birthday that where expiring. My Xbox gift card orders are always auto canceled for me now so there is nothing to use them on. Ended up only paying $20. Still haven’t played my PS4 copy but at this price I couldn’t say no.

I was ready to call this Black Friday a bust. Good deal on a 20th Anniversary Xbox controller and now $30 for Ghosts of Tsushima. Best Black Friday for me in years.

Unfortunately, it's up to $48.99 now.
Click on the actual page. It showed $48.99 for me on the main page, but on the item page it dropped to $28.99.

Edit: Someone beat me to the punch! Glad it's working for other people.

I think I might have grabbed the last Hotwheels. I missed it yesterday and got the vanilla copy at BBY but haven't opened it in hopes I could snag a Walmart copy. I got mine Walmart copy around 5:47pm CT. At the time it showed 2 copies available. I stumbled into it with dumb luck. I've been randomly checking since yesterday.

I think its the cross over of collectors, video game people and hotwheels people. The Walmart is an exclusive that comes with a special Boneshaker car, which hotwheels collectors are paying $25 - $30 just for the car. So if you just want the game, you can flip the car for the $25 you paid at Walmart making the game basically free.
Thanks for explaining why a hot wheels game is selling out so quickly. Now I want to buy it.

If it was advertised in a ad that would be illegal then and false advertisement. I believe the only reason they are able to do that is exactly because it wasn't in a ad, advertised.

It was just on the website at those prices, but they were advertised as a black Friday sales price still just not part of a actual ad.

What you're describing is the difference between what I call shady business practices and actual false advertisement.
Are you new to shopping?

I've been striking out with Target PMing the 20th anniversary controller since its OOS....

Edit: Finally 3rd attempt worked and Target PMed.
You can price match in store at Target. Used the Walmart ap to find a store with 20th Anniv. controllers in stock, changed that store to pick up so when you go back to the item screen it shows in stock. Use that to price match in electronics or self checkout. Grabbed the last one at my local Target this way after my Walmart order was just cancelled.

MIssed the Ghosts deal at Dell while I was out though. :bomb:

NEO: The World Ends With You for both PS4 & Switch is down to $29.99 on Amazon.

The Switch version seems to be sold out at every other retailer and Square-Enix announced this morning that it "has underperformed [their] initial expectations" so it might end up going out-of-print fairly soon - I'd grab a Switch copy while you still can.

The Switch version seems to be sold out at every other retailer and Square-Enix announced this morning that it "has underperformed [their] initial expectations" so it might end up going out-of-print fairly soon - I'd grab a Switch copy while you still can.
I grabbed a copy for switch to be safe. Not sure if will end up $20 or less like kingdom hearts and collection of mana but I didn’t want to miss it.

Looks like the price went back up on Dell.
Saw that. Bummer. R&C is still at $29, but out of stock so there’s no way that price will stick around.

Before I saw that deal on Tsushima, I was thinking I’d get Demon’s Souls for my new PS5. So I ended up using the WOWFRESH code at Walmart to get it, along with some mixed nuts I needed anyway. $30 out of pocket each for GoT and DS? Feels good.

Saw a lone copy of :switch: Hot Wheels bundle at my local WM. Scanned with app and it showed $25. Rung up as $50 at register though. I forgot that the app only shows online prices now and that bf pricing hasn’t started in store yet. Rep was like “when you come Friday morning, look for…” and I stopped her right there “no thanks, I’m not crazy enough to come here Friday morning” :p

Saw a lone copy of :switch: Hot Wheels bundle at my local WM. Scanned with app and it showed $25. Rung up as $50 at register though. I forgot that the app only shows online prices now and that bf pricing hasn’t started in store yet. Rep was like “when you come Friday morning, look for…” and I stopped her right there “no thanks, I’m not crazy enough to come here Friday morning” :p
Should have hid it in a section of the store nobody would find it

Yeah I saw that news too & was surprised. Looks like GameStop & Bestbuy are sold out of new copies for Switch version. Walmart has it for full price. While it may not sell out soon, I doubt it will go lower than $29.99

Missed out on

Thanks, but missed out on it, seems oos on amazon.

Yeah I saw that news too & was surprised. Looks like GameStop & Bestbuy are sold out of new copies for Switch version. Walmart has it for full price. While it may not sell out soon, I doubt it will go lower than $29.99
It's been sold out at Target for a while now too and Wal-Mart, despite showing it in-stock (at full price) wouldn't let me add it to my cart.
Despite being unavailable online, Gamestop matched the $29.99 price so if you can find a new copy in-store you should be able to price match the website.

Missed out on

Thanks, but missed out on it, seems oos on amazon.
Yeah, looks like it's only being sold by 3rd-parties on Amazon now but it's back up on the Square Enix online store for $30 (plus shipping):

https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/633806/neo-the-world-ends-with-you-switch

It went OOS when I tried to order it there this morning (before I Amazon restocked) so no clue how long it will remain available.

It's been sold out at Target for a while now too and Wal-Mart, despite showing it in-stock (at full price) wouldn't let me add it to my cart.
Despite being unavailable online, Gamestop matched the $29.99 price so if you can find a new copy in-store you should be able to price match the website.

Yeah, looks like it's only being sold by 3rd-parties on Amazon now but it's back up on the Square Enix online store for $30 (plus shipping):

https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/633806/neo-the-world-ends-with-you-switch

It went OOS when I tried to order it there this morning (before I Amazon restocked) so no clue how long it will remain available.
Thanks for this!!! Is there a free shipping code for this site anywhere? It jumps from $6 to $20 when you add another item. I hope digital river doesn't do their shipping still, they suck!!!

bread's done
Back