Black Friday VG deals spreadsheet megathread

civita

CAG Newbie
It's that time of year again, friends. 

The 2021 spreadsheet can be found here.

Will update this post as Black Friday ads start coming out. Post if you see any, and let me know if you'd like to be an editor! 

General note: If you see a game you want at a price you like, but it's the wrong platform, search that store's website for the platform you want. Often they'll mark a game down to the same price on all platforms, but only advertise one.

Updates:

Update #6 - 11/19/21: Best Buy added! Big thanks to Blueweltall for all his help adding in everything from BB!

Update #5 - 11/17/21: Individual console pages added (thanks for the Google Sheets tip, Confucius)! Go-live times added!

Update #4 - 11/14/21: Target added!

Update #3 - 11/12/21: Wal-Mart added!

Update #2 - 11/11/21: Currently the only BF ad available is Meijer. Added!

Update #1 - 11/06/21: BTW, the spreadsheet is currently empty. No BF ads have leaked yet. We'll be on the lookout!

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to Walmart and they had Neo - TWEWY and Nier Replicant but they wouldn't price match their online prices. :(
LMAO this is what i was thinking about doing before work... what kind of BF deals did we have this year? is absolutely garbage, even so considering last year is the BF where i spent the most on videogames.

something weird is going on with nier. online and a clerk said they had zero copies, i checked the 20$ and lower wall and they had several anyway. the price should be 15, but it rang up as 40, which is pretty expensive to be next to watch dogs and arkham knight out in the open. they pricematched though.

good luck

something weird is going on with nier. online and a clerk said they had zero copies, i checked the 20$ and lower wall and they had several anyway. the price should be 15, but it rang up as 40, which is pretty expensive to be next to watch dogs and arkham knight out in the open. they pricematched though.

good luck
Yup that’s what was happening to me yesterday. I scanned some games inside the shelf with the app and it was showing they don’t have the games instock yet they were in the shelf. Rang up high price. I’m guessing I was just late to the party. They’ve already restocked the shelves with the Black Friday copies I guess.

So, does no one have Steambux on sale this year? I used to go to Target for their 20% off when you bought 2 and such, but that doesn't seem to be happening this year.

Absolutely shocked that the new copy of Monster Hunter Rise i ordered at Gamestop for in store pick up was actually a sealed copy lol.

My online order of Nier Replicant got canceled because I exceeded quantity limit, I only ordered one copy.
Happened to me with other games where I just ordered 1 copy. Called customer service & they said they need to validate my account & after it was done, they asked me to place again. I did & it was cancelled with same reason. Their auto bots seem to be wrongly programmed. What a fabulous way to do business!

Absolutely shocked that the new copy of Monster Hunter Rise i ordered at Gamestop for in store pick up was actually a sealed copy lol.
based on how they have their instore inventory setup on the website, you can only order for store pickup if they have more than one copy so you are most likely getting a sealed copy

Appreciate the list as always, but I'm going to call it: Black Friday 2021 suuuuuuucks. Went to a Walmart, a couple Targets and then headed home empty-handed. Inflation must really be hurting them because I'm not seeing much in the way of deals. Also going to predict that Q4 will be a major bust this year. I saw no lines, no carts piled high, no crowds or any need for the usual crowd control. Looked like an average Friday. All that hype about a big holiday sales season is going to go up in smoke. I'd expect retail stocks to take it on the chin when the numbers come in.

Appreciate the list as always, but I'm going to call it: Black Friday 2021 suuuuuuucks. Went to a Walmart, a couple Targets and then headed home empty-handed. Inflation must really be hurting them because I'm not seeing much in the way of deals. Also going to predict that Q4 will be a major bust this year. I saw no lines, no carts piled high, no crowds or any need for the usual crowd control. Looked like an average Friday. All that hype about a big holiday sales season is going to go up in smoke. I'd expect retail stocks to take it on the chin when the numbers come in.
Retailers seemed to be quite ignorant, thinking that anything they had would have sold, and that they didn't need to put things on sale because people would be happy to get product period, as opposed to a good deal.

Lots of items I have tracked are either 1) at or very near BF 2020 prices or 2) were lower at one point in the last 2 years, you just say why bother. The best sale I've seen was that brief moment where GS had 1st party Switch games for $27 new.

I keep going back to sports games but it's an easy way to track this stuff...

NBA 2K20 - BF 2019 Walmart had it for $27 across any platform, BB & Target were around $28

NBA 2K21 - BF 2020 Gamestop had it for $27, BB & Walmart were at $28

NBA 2K22 - BF 2021 everybody had this at $29/34 until about an hour ago where Amazon dropped it, and Gamestop just matched it at $26 across all gens

It's only a couple dollars but it shows how ignorant these retailers were this year that they thought they could advertise a bunch of meh sales and think they'd get interest. The unadvertised deals seem to show that their at least starting to come around, but problem is you're supposed to advertise the good stuff to get people in the doors.

Well thanks to whomever talked about the Nintendo Switch OLED consoles being at GameStop this weekend. I was able to pick up a white one for the wife when we stopped into one today. She was so surprised they had them.

Also you have to remember lots of these retailers have been doing sales since last weekend so there is that to factor in as well.. It does relieve the surge you would usually see.

Agreed. By far this is the worst BF ever. Usually have deals leading up to BF but nothing aside from a sparse few average deals. Couldn’t find much if anything nin video game related either. What a bust.

$15 NEO TWEWY  Switch showed up as in stock at Walmart and I ordered it for pickup around 11am earlier today and then I get notified 2 hours later my order was canceled as it was now not in stock. How the heck does that happen? I almost canceled my Amazon $30 order thinking I had acquired it for cheaper but glad I didn't now. I would suggest people who have orders for pickup to pick up the items asap unless you want your item sold to someone else.

I did find Nier Replicant it scanned at $35, asked the cashier if they would price match it for $15 as its listed on the website, she told me it has to be the price on tbe Walmart app and not on the internet... she luterally said th3 ibt3rn3tz... what a load of crap, gonna make a run at another targte wish me luck, its the only game im buying this year.

So the best deal I've discovered for PS Plus is getting PSN cards at Dollar General for 20% off, and just using that to buy a 1-yr sub from PSN themselves (their BF price is 40/yr).  Which is about $32.

I haven't seen anything lower than that, if anyone has any eyes on a better deal, lemme know.   

Still on the fence about it, even; may just allow the sub to lapse, and save myself the $32, as I don't see myself playing online next year.

Was just at Dollar General for the Xbox GCs, didn't know PSN multipacks were also discounted but I also don't think I saw any hanging up anyway.

I'm surprised so many people weren't happy with BF this year. My November haul so far:
Target:
:switch: SMT V - $42 (from b2g1)
:xb1: Tales of Arise - $30

Walmart:
:switch: Mario Kart 8 - $36
:ps4: Spider-Man Miles Morales - $20 (very short-lived sale)
:xb1: Call of Duty: Vanguard - $39
:xb1: Far Cry 6 LE - $35 (gift for brother)
:xb1: Xbox 20th Anniversary Controller - $40
:switch: NEO: The World Ends With You - $15
:switch: DBZ Kakarot + New Power Awakens - $25
:xb1: Guardian's of the Galaxy Cosmic Deluxe Ed - $30

GameStop:
:switch: Splatoon 2 - $27
:xb1: Mass Effect Legendary - $25
Hallmark Tom Nook Ornament - $7
:xb1: Hitman 3 (pre-owned) - $12.66
:xb1: Assassin's Creed Valhalla (pre-owned) - $12.66
:xb1: Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2 (pre-owned) - $12.66

Amazon:
:switch: Immortals Fenyx Rising - $15
:ps4: Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox Pact Edition - $44 (very short-lived sale)

Western Digital:
SanDisk NVME Extreme Portable 2TB SSD - $185 (+$29 cashback)

Dollar General:
$25 Xbox card - $20

Best Buy:
Sony 43" X85J TV - $650 (this was only $100 off and is still very expensive for 43", but the screen is amazing and I'm psyched to finally upgrade from 32")

I still need to check out the digital sales.

So the best deal I've discovered for PS Plus is getting PSN cards at Dollar General for 20% off, and just using that to buy a 1-yr sub from PSN themselves (their BF price is 40/yr). Which is about $32.

I haven't seen anything lower than that, if anyone has any eyes on a better deal, lemme know.

Still on the fence about it, even; may just allow the sub to lapse, and save myself the $32, as I don't see myself playing online next year.

So the best deal I've discovered for PS Plus is getting PSN cards at Dollar General for 20% off, and just using that to buy a 1-yr sub from PSN themselves (their BF price is 40/yr). Which is about $32.

Gamivo, which is similar to CD Keys, had PS Plus @ 1 year for 31.50 with a promo code. I purchased one to extend mine to 2025 lol

Amazon pm'd Walmart BF2042 $47 for PS4, PS5, and Series X.

Anyone enjoying it? From the reviews and videos I've watched, it seems broken :\

Has anyone tried price matching for a refund at BBY this week? I grabbed a few games last Saturday that are cheaper at Walmart this weekend. BBY states they exclude prices during the week of Thanksgiving, but wasn't sure how strict they are on that.

Has anyone tried price matching for a refund at BBY this week? I grabbed a few games last Saturday that are cheaper at Walmart this weekend. BBY states they exclude prices during the week of Thanksgiving, but wasn't sure how strict they are on that.
Not a refund, but did try to price match today as well and was told the same thing about no price matching again until after the sales weekend.

Oh snap Walmart shipped my Nier ps4 via fedex. Wonder if I could get a refund on shipping since I just did the Walmart + trial

A pain, but buy a second copy at WM and return it to BB after you receive it.

bread's done
Back