Black Sigil: Blade of the Exile (Out Now!)

[quote name='fifthcore']Priced dropped on Amazon to $22.99 at the time of posting this.[/quote]

Probably gonna get rolled back again in a couple of weeks

If I didn't have some tremendous games in my backlog (12 more endings in Chrono Trigger, Xenogears, Shadow of the Colossus, Resident Evil 4 etc...) I'd definitely pick this up right away. Looks fantastic.

I dunno we seem to be coming down to the marker now. Only about 3 weeks from the release date, so if they're going to push back again, it'll probably be soon or no more pushbacks (hopefully, oh god I hope so)

[quote name='slidecage']still 22.99 tempting[/QUOTE]

You mean you aren't going to get it off Goozex, beat it in a day, and send it back? The world must be ending..lol...

[quote name='keithp']You mean you aren't going to get it off Goozex, beat it in a day, and send it back? The world must be ending..lol...[/QUOTE]

Noo, that's Gamefly not Goozex and he'll find it on ebay to own by some 5th rate no-one ebay seller for $5 that had 20 copies 2 days after release then flip that on Goozex for like 600 points so he can get the next pokemon on release day from goozex on the following tuesday.

:booty:

I preordered... hope they ship soon!

[quote name='slidecage']Pushed back AGAIN

This item will be released on May 26, 2009.

i doubt it ever comes out[/quote]

So they pushed it back one week eh, I think this thing is really coming out then, cause why push it back 7 days?

[quote name='SL4IN']It got pushed back 2 weeks actually.

It looks like it may actually, finally come out this time though.[/quote]

Date was May 19th, so pushed back to May 26th, is 7 days...am I right?

Date on the official website has been May 12th for a almost over a month now. Amazon tends to pull dates out of their ass at times.

[quote name='slidecage']crap Knew i should of ordered if off amazon last night.

price is 27.99 now[/QUOTE]

bummer, it still shows 22 in my order, glad amazon will honor it.

but it says it won't ship till 18th.

There's suppose to be a (lukewarm) review in next month's Nintendo Power. I'll update when I find out more. Looks like it may actually be coming out this year after all.

Nintendo Power gave the game a 5.0 with an incredibly tiny review.

Amazon has pushed the release date back to June 7th now.

[quote name='SL4IN']Nintendo Power gave the game a 5.0 with an incredibly tiny review.

Amazon has pushed the release date back to June 7th now.[/QUOTE]

This sounds bad...doesn't NP usually give pretty good reviews?

[quote name='keithp']This sounds bad...doesn't NP usually give pretty good reviews?[/quote]

It seems more and more lately that NP has been pretty harsh with their reviews. Their main complaints were that the combat feels like a chore and the ATB meters take a little too long to charge.

I remember as a kid when NP would give every game from Nintendo a 8 or 9 out of 10 and most games 7 and up in general. As a kid I believed every score too. Nice to know they are starting to get better about stuff like that.

At this point, I'm pretty apathetic about the game. Looked promising, but now I don't care anymore. There have been tons of high profile releases since I first saw the trailer on youtube.

Soooo, a few more days.... any thoughts? Okay the site says June 9th now. Oh well, Gamestop says the 23rd.

Should I start a new thread once this game is released? I'll probably wait and see if it actually gets released first. Most of the posts in this thread have been speculation about when and if it will finally be completed.

Changes in NP scores could be new owners making some changes. Nintendo no longs owns the mag.

gamefly still says JUNE 10 KEEP IT NOW PRICE Keep price: $22.49GameFly Rewards

Tempting ... will upgrade to another game at a time to get this shipped weds

[quote name='Draekon']Holy shit, it did indeed just ship out from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

would of loved to got this whenit was at 22.99 via amazon.

hummmmmm come on game be in my gold box tomorrow

27.99 via amaon shipped free no tax OR $22.49GameFly Rewards + tax= 24.06+ upgrade fee 2 bucks

26.00.......... seems gamefly will be the best way i just have to wait till the weekend to getit instead of thursday

I ordered a copy, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to regret it. I've been so excited for this for so long that there's almost no chance I won't be disappointed.

I'm counting on you guys' impressions. I'm not sure if I want to order it or not considering the only review so far is Nintendo Power and their reviews are horrible.

I'll try to put in an hour of play today seeing as I'll be busy most of the day today. Depending on how that goes will determine whether or not I play this over other stuff for the rest of the week. Chances of it getting priority is pretty slim regardless.

I won't get this till late... FFS sucks... should have ordered it on my wife's Prime account.

Anyways, This might tempt me to play.

Well I've given it about an hour and so far, I definitely don't have a negative impression of it. My initial impression upon playing it was, "WTF? THE BATTLES ARE SIMILAR TO LUNAR?"

So yeah, I don't remember if there were any gameplay videos of the battle system or not. The game has taken too long to release for me to have a clear memory of it. What I do know is that you can hotkey so many "skills" into battle and when you attack, you're limited by range as is the enemy. Also battle maps seem to be somewhat random, with a few static ones per area for stuff like times when you're surprised by the enemy and surrounded (Also maps have obstacles and such, plus enemies may have ranged attacks or be able to get over said obstacles). Pretty cool to be honest. Oh and it's the Final Fantasy 7 type of 'real time' battle system, meaning you have "Wait" and "No Wait" options for battle during the times when the menus pop up.

I can't really comment on the story itself or of any real character stuff, but it doesn't seem to be corny thus far. Which is a good thing I think.

Uh as for any copyright violations that could have taken place due to screenshots looking so damned similar to Final Fantasy 5 or 6, I simply don't see it being anywhere near the resemblance I once thought it was. Seems like there's a lot of custom stuff in the game and it's looking pretty nice for such an old school type art style.

Right now I'm hanging around the first town you're told to go to after I did my first objective. I'm attempting to get this guy to make me some armor which seems to require me to waste a lot of time. I assume it's based on sleeping at the inn, but I've slept three times with no luck yet. I guess I'll battle around for some more money and try again a few times. The bitch fucked up my armor the first time around, so the second time he wanted different ingredients that ended up costing me 300 gold. So we'll see how that ends up before I proceed.

All in all, I think I'll try and spare some time to play this on the side, but it won't be my main game I'll be playing at the moment. That's currently in use by Crimson Gem Saga.

EDIT: Oh and battles happen a little too frequently.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Draekon']. The bitch fucked up my armor the first time around, so the second time he wanted different ingredients that ended up costing me 300 gold. So we'll see how that ends up before I proceed.

.[/QUOTE]

some reason i found that funny......

nice if i could swap my Knights gamefor this but seems gamestop only gives 12 for knights WTF

bread's done
Back