BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Premium Pack (PS3/360) - NOW SHIPPING!

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
BlazBlue_bonusLG.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=444

FREE shipping code: SAVER

270396b.jpg
200673b.jpg

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Premium Pack :
  • A two-disc original soundtrack that contains 48 tracks by Guilty Gear’s Daisuke Ishiwatari (19 more than the version released in Japan!)
  • Bonus video disc containing basic tutorials, expert advice, character-specific strategies, and much more!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Monsta Mack']Battle Fantasia sold like crap. Not to say Blaz Blue will do the same, but chances are the demand for this game outside of the fighting fan base won't be larger. So yeah, pre-order the Premium Edition if you can because I doubt they will be making a lot of copies. I plan on selling the pre-order bonus if they get at insane levels on fleabay to pay for the game itself. I got gaming debt to pay.[/QUOTE]

Not only did Battle Fantasia sell like crap, but it was only ever available from Gamestop, Fry's, Amazon and a few other on-line retailers and indy game shops. It got no mainstream retail support whatsoever. I suspect that it will be one of the few games on the 360 that is actually rare down the road.

[quote name='WiiShopChannels']I know I am getting BB for sure, but is KoF even worth it then as the release dates are sooo close.[/QUOTE]

I dunno about you, but I'm getting both.

game spot is the worse...support honest to good small game store are better, GS are total jerks and they act like they don't care if you shop at their stores or not

[quote name='distgfx']I dunno about you, but I'm getting both.[/QUOTE]

probably gonna get both then too. i sort of bought my PS3 mainly for SF4 and some future games including BlazBlue and KoF, but once I noticed that they were pretty close in release date, i didnt really want both, but I think i will end up getting both although it may mean waiting a little bit before getting KoF.

[quote name='MiNuN']game spot is the worse...support honest to good small game store are better, GS are total jerks and they act like they don't care if you shop at their stores or not[/quote]

This is so true 90% of the time. There are a few good EB/GS's out there with employees who actually care..

I still avoid the shop though, cant stand that 90%.

KOF and Blaz Blue. Get both, combined with SFIV and Tekken this year we may not see this many big retail fighting games for awhile, outside of the XBLA ones and compliations. This is the year to support fighting games.

However, if Amazon gets this and the pre-order bonus then I am going to save a few $ and support them instead. Not to mention I get more reward points that way.

But for now my Gamestop.com pre-order is go.

King of Fighters XII should be a better game than this. I was a bit disappointed in Battle Fantasia although this game should be better.

Wow, another decent looking Fighter game, so many coming out this year. Does BB only have 12 characters or are there unlockable ones?

[quote name='bojay1997']Not only did Battle Fantasia sell like crap, but it was only ever available from Gamestop, Fry's, Amazon and a few other on-line retailers and indy game shops. It got no mainstream retail support whatsoever. I suspect that it will be one of the few games on the 360 that is actually rare down the road.[/quote]

That, and there was NO PROMOTION BEHIND IT

The S&H to Hawaii from Gamestop's web site is crap so I'm not going to get this. Instead, I'm holding out to see what Amazon will offer as a promo item for this game.

They should definitely have spaced this out from KOF 12, which will steal all its thunder. I'll probably get them both though.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']MVC2 was a rare occurence. I mean honestly, NO ONE thought it would be, cuz no one knew the shipment amounts or the fact the whole cancellation thingy or whatever it was that went on was going to happen.

Plus in this day and age, how many rare titles are there for the next gen systems?[/quote]

Actually Marvel vs. Capcom 2 only became rare because there was a licensing dispute between Marvel and Capcom, which resulted in the game being out of print. I doubt this will happen to BlazBlue since the game is not combining two different worlds in the same game, (since it is the same company/developer)

...By the way Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is completely overrated, Marvel vs. Capcom 1 is much better (the arcade version since the arcade version of most fighting games is usually always better)

I just placed an order for the PS3 version myself. No need for a fight stick or fight pad this time, as I was kicking ass and taking names online SFIV with my DualShock 3 using Dan and Sakura.

GameStop.com's preordering has a hit and miss thing with bonuses. Has a better chance of just getting one from the retail store, which is probably what I'll do. Although 60$ for a fighting game is a lot to begin with (haven't really bought SFIV yet).

[quote name='barom']GameStop.com's preordering has a hit and miss thing with bonuses. Has a better chance of just getting one from the retail store, which is probably what I'll do. Although 60$ for a fighting game is a lot to begin with (haven't really bought SFIV yet).[/quote]

This pre-order bonus = ONLINE ONLY

[quote name='barom']GameStop.com's preordering has a hit and miss thing with bonuses. Has a better chance of just getting one from the retail store, which is probably what I'll do. Although 60$ for a fighting game is a lot to begin with (haven't really bought SFIV yet).[/QUOTE]

I disagree. I have had a couple of problems getting preorder bonuses from GameStop.com, but it's not even close to the number of times I've been screwed out of preorder bonuses in store.

[quote name='rainking187']I disagree. I have had a couple of problems getting preorder bonuses from GameStop.com, but it's not even close to the number of times I've been screwed out of preorder bonuses in store.[/quote]

I've had pre-orders shipped w/o the bonus before. I was lucky with customer support and they would resend the bonus to me. I guess it varies to a degree. (Still dislike gamestop though if it wasn't for bonus things that pull me back.)

[quote name='rainking187']I disagree. I have had a couple of problems getting preorder bonuses from GameStop.com, but it's not even close to the number of times I've been screwed out of preorder bonuses in store.[/quote]

I guess I should've stated that in my case I have around 5 GameStops within about 10 mile radius. Even if they wouldn't have it at the store I pre-ordered they would call up other stores for me and as long as I don't wait too long I'll always get one. Heck I'll even get them when I haven't pre-ordered.

[quote name='freshzen']King of Fighters XII should be a better game than this. I was a bit disappointed in Battle Fantasia although this game should be better.[/quote]
Well, BF was made as an easier, more introductory fighter to lure non-fighters into the genre. BB is the spirtual successor to GG, so there should be no doubt that it'll be better (but things could happen I guess /knockonwood).

:( its just a book of pictures. I would rather they included a figure or soundtrack something with more value. These art books really dont do anything for me since a majority of these images are either all online already to be viewed or going to be once the game comes out.

[quote name='distgfx']That's rather narrow minded, isn't it? Just because it's a 2D fighter doesn't mean it should be cheaper.[/quote]

I was sort of looking at the development costs vs. the price they are charging for it. It's selling for $59.99 - $59.99 is what games like Halo, GOW, Call Of Duty sell for... not some unknown 2d fighter. I think it should have been priced in the 39.99 range.

[quote name='InvaderZim']I was sort of looking at the development costs vs. the price they are charging for it. It's selling for $59.99 - $59.99 is what games like Halo, GOW, Call Of Duty sell for... not some unknown 2d fighter. I think it should have been priced in the 39.99 range.[/quote]

It's $60 for the premium pack. If it were the game by itself it'd probably be cheaper.

[quote name='doodofdoods']It's $60 for the premium pack. If it were the game by itself it'd probably be cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the game alone is supposedly $50, but considering nobody but Gamestop actually has it listed yet, we'll have to wait and see if there really will be a regular version.

This isn't quite an 'unknown' 2D fighter. It's made by Aksys, who are famous for creating the Guilty Gear series. This game can be seen as the spiritual successor. I can safely say that almost every fan of GG is excited for this game..Aksys is guaranteed sales.

[quote name='Arelan']This isn't quite an 'unknown' 2D fighter. It's made by Aksys, who are famous for creating the Guilty Gear series. This game can be seen as the spiritual successor. I can safely say that almost every fan of GG is excited for this game..Aksys is guaranteed sales.[/QUOTE]

Aksys is just the publisher. Arc System Work made the game

[quote name='Arelan']This isn't quite an 'unknown' 2D fighter. It's made by Aksys, who are famous for creating the Guilty Gear series. This game can be seen as the spiritual successor. I can safely say that almost every fan of GG is excited for this game..Aksys is guaranteed sales.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, Guilty Gear for the 360 sold fairly poorly from the last numbers I saw. It is definitely a niche title compared to some of its better known competitors.

[quote name='bojay1997']I don't know, Guilty Gear for the 360 sold fairly poorly from the last numbers I saw. It is definitely a niche title compared to some of its better known competitors.[/QUOTE]

That because GG on Xbox 360 is not a 2D fighter but a poor's man dynasty Warrior

After being disappointed with Street Fighter 4's gameplay, I can not wait for this & KOF XII. :)

[quote name='sinned47']wonder if this is a digital artbook; that would be a rip :[[/quote]

Not only a rip, but that would sure piss off a lot of people like me who are pre ordering..

Artbook looks nice. They have this game at an arcade here in town, and it kicks ass. Definitely a worthy fighter.

I wish I had a little extra left over from my tax return, ha!

I'll be getting this, just not sure about the pre-order from gamestop, I recall pre-ordering something before and the art book was crap...
big fan of guilty gear series (didn't get the xbox360 one though, since its not a 2d fighter)
I'll probably get the ps3 version

[quote name='jwargand']I'll be getting this, just not sure about the pre-order from gamestop, I recall pre-ordering something before and the art book was crap...
big fan of guilty gear series (didn't get the xbox360 one though, since its not a 2d fighter)
I'll probably get the ps3 version[/quote]

Yup, that's the version I pre-ordered too. Can't wait to use my SFIV Tournamnent sticks with it.

PS: After MONTHS of waiting, Capcom finally shipped my orders! Whoo! Year of the fighter! :whee:

Amazon now has this up for pre-order and doesn't state if It's a special edition despite being $59.99. Interesting.

After the last few artbooks I got, I've come the conclusion that I do more harm than good by buying artbooks that I glance over once. I thought this was going to be a PSN Downloadable game...but I guess not. Paying the full $60 for it...I'd rather wait for it to go down.

Been waiting for this game to come to consoles for a while now, just hope Amazon does have the premium pack so I don't have to go through GS.

[quote name='Shimrra']:( its just a book of pictures. I would rather they included a figure or soundtrack something with more value.[/QUOTE]

A figure is just some molded plastic or metal with paint (or not!) and a soundtrack is just some sounds on a disk~

I wish this game was only $39.99 instead of $59.99. I am still interested, but having a hard time deciding.

bread's done
Back