BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Premium Pack (PS3/360) - NOW SHIPPING!

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
BlazBlue_bonusLG.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=444

FREE shipping code: SAVER

270396b.jpg
200673b.jpg

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Premium Pack :
  • A two-disc original soundtrack that contains 48 tracks by Guilty Gear’s Daisuke Ishiwatari (19 more than the version released in Japan!)
  • Bonus video disc containing basic tutorials, expert advice, character-specific strategies, and much more!

Last edited by a moderator:
Any included figure would be, to put it bluntly, crap. A quality figure would boost the price by way too much for most people. Actually, I take that back. A figma or revoltech and the requisite increase in price for each (an additional $20-25) might be acceptable for the general public. A 1/8 PVC would definitely break people's backs.

[quote name='aegisol']Any included figure would be, to put it bluntly, crap. A quality figure would boost the price by way too much for most people. Actually, I take that back. A figma or revoltech and the requisite increase in price for each (an additional $20-25) might be acceptable for the general public. A 1/8 PVC would definitely break people's backs.[/quote]

That reminds me, I haven't been buying my Revoltech for awhile (need to get the SF IV ones). Last one I purchase was #59

[quote name='Malicite']Been waiting for this game to come to consoles for a while now, just hope Amazon does have the premium pack so I don't have to go through GS.

A figure is just some molded plastic or metal with paint (or not!) and a soundtrack is just some sounds on a disk~[/quote]

Gee...when you put it that way then a artbook is just paper with squiggly lines on it.

[quote name='i4ybrid']After the last few artbooks I got, I've come the conclusion that I do more harm than good by buying artbooks that I glance over once. I thought this was going to be a PSN Downloadable game...but I guess not. Paying the full $60 for it...I'd rather wait for it to go down.[/quote]
Been getting your news at some pretty bad sources...:lol:

They updated the listing on Gamestop. The premium pack includes the following:

* A two-disc original soundtrack that contains 48 tracks by Guilty Gear’s Daisuke Ishiwatari (19 more than the version released in Japan!)
* Bonus video disc containing basic tutorials, expert advice, character-specific strategies, and much more!

[quote name='valenor the bored']They updated the listing on Gamestop. The premium pack includes the following:[/QUOTE]

fuck, now I've got to preorder at Game$top. I hate giving them my fucking money.

EDIT: And ordered. I feel so dirty.

[quote name='Chuplayer']fuck, now I've got to preorder at Game$top. I hate giving them my fucking money.

EDIT: And ordered. I feel so dirty.[/quote]
ugh im about to do the same, i feel so bad ordering from gamescam. i might just wait a few more days before pulling the trigger. really would like it from amazon instead.

Im pretty sure the artbook will be a GS exclusive. Its an online only offer and I'm sure the makers expect most of the games sales to come from GS.

mmm, love me some Daisuke. Will go good on my ipod with the gg soundtracks. Will be interesting to see what the training vids are. Too bad it doesn't have anything like SFIV's training mode. That would be hella tight.

Updated the OP with pics of the Premium Pack along with this info:

• A two-disc original soundtrack that contains 48 tracks by Guilty Gear’s Daisuke Ishiwatari (19 more than the version released in Japan!)
  • Bonus video disc containing basic tutorials, expert advice, character-specific strategies, and much more!

I really like how this release is more impressive than many of the over-expensive, over-hyped Limited Edition releases we get these days.

Hm... this seems like one of those games destined to end up in the bargain bin. But I gotta admit, the game looks so damn good.

I ordered it for now. And I hope that GameStop doesn't ship this in an envelope. I remember the last time I was supposed to get a preorder bonus (Castlevania Portrait of Ruin 10th Anniversary bonus), they shipped it in a bubble mailer and I received it crushed.

Here's hoping Amazon offers the artbook.

[quote name='Vinny']Hm... this seems like one of those games destined to end up in the bargain bin. But I gotta admit, the game looks so damn good.

I ordered it for now. And I hope that GameStop doesn't ship this in an envelope. I remember the last time I was supposed to get a preorder bonus (Castlevania Portrait of Ruin 10th Anniversary bonus), they shipped it in a bubble mailer and I received it crushed.

Here's hoping Amazon offers the artbook.[/quote]
How fast were the drops on the the GGX2 series? My roommates/friends in college spent all of our time on the PS2 version, so I didn't pay attention to the Xbox release or AC releases (as I had no one to play with when AC came out :cry:)

Also, hoping for Amazon to have the premium pack. GS did come through on my Valkyria gamedays sale online order, but that's enough money for them for one year from me :lol:

I Pre-Ordered from GS and Amazon with my ECA coupon, I am hoping to cancel the GS order since its full price with tax $64 and change, and Amazon is only $53.99 Shipped.

Per the postings on the Aksys website and the news articles popping up around the net, it looks like you can preorder anywhere and still get the premium pack. The only GS exclusive item is the 32 page art book, so you'll have to decide it that's worth tax, shipping and losing out on the 10% off if you have ECA membership. According to Aksys, all first pressings will be premium packs and I am speculating here that just like the recent Atlus DS games, the only version that will ever be released is the premium pack.

[quote name='chibamm']Did you just order the regular edition of the game?
Also someone else noted that the game was 53.99 on amazon..? It lists 59.99 for me[/quote]

It could have dropped to 53.99 for a time (never saw it myself personally), but in any case, it is back to 59.99 right now. Quite common to see pre-order prices fluctuating on Amazon.

You could always pre-order it first and hope for it to drop between now and the release though.

[quote name='bojay1997']Per the postings on the Aksys website and the news articles popping up around the net, it looks like you can preorder anywhere and still get the premium pack. The only GS exclusive item is the 32 page art book, so you'll have to decide it that's worth tax, shipping and losing out on the 10% off if you have ECA membership. According to Aksys, all first pressings will be premium packs and I am speculating here that just like the recent Atlus DS games, the only version that will ever be released is the premium pack.[/quote]

That's the big question. I like Artbooks and so far, I pre-ordered at GS. But yeah, the amazon+eca saving is very tempting... but after I bit the amazon $10 coupon/off Valkyria Chronicle pre-order rather than keep my gamestop VC + artbook pre-order, I am not so inclined now...

[quote name='aegisol']I hope the actual box is much smaller than the mockup.[/QUOTE]

How could it be? That's about the standard size of a boxed LE nowadays. It looks about the same size as SFIV or RE 5, but admittedly both of those came with extra stuff beyond discs, so I guess they could make it slightly thinner than those...I am a little curious about how the sound track discs are going to be packaged since the Xbox 360 version looks like all three bonus discs could fit in that DVD size case while I doubt you can stuff anything extra in that Blu Ray case on the PS3 version.

[quote name='aegisol']I hope the actual box is much smaller than the mockup.[/quote]

If all thats in it is 2 dvd cases then it'll just be big enough to hold that.

[quote name='bojay1997']How could it be? That's about the standard size of a boxed LE nowadays. It looks about the same size as SFIV or RE 5, but admittedly both of those came with extra stuff beyond discs, so I guess they could make it slightly thinner than those...I am a little curious about how the sound track discs are going to be packaged since the Xbox 360 version looks like all three bonus discs could fit in that DVD size case while I doubt you can stuff anything extra in that Blu Ray case on the PS3 version.[/quote]

Actually... you can EASILY fit 2 discs in the blu-ray box... the limited edition of RE5 came with 2 discs on one side... also if the other side is used (underneath the manual) u can hold up to 4 discs in a bluray case...

[quote name='Vinny']Or they might just be over hyping the thing... like Atlus and NIS does. I'm sure they'll get a few more orders that way.[/quote]

How could they be overhyping the contents of a box? Its pretty simple, the box will contain this stuff and only the first run will have it.

Should I pre-order the Premium Pack? I already have the OST from Japan. Should I just wait till there is a USED copy in which I would be saving around $17 bucks. I did that with SF4.

[quote name='gunm']If you don't care about extras, then Amazon's pre-order is certainly cheaper.[/QUOTE]

It's not "extras", it's either a single 32 page softcover magazine style art book from GS or an energy drink potion in a colorful box from Gamecrazy. The question is whether that is worth an extra $11 for tax and no discount and in all likelihood, with Gold Box or regular Amazon price cycling, you will save a few more bucks anyway, so it's more like a $15 difference. For me it's not worth it, especially when I saw the crappy quality of the "art book" I received with MGS IV which was bent badly anyway when they shipped it in a padded pouch along with the game. By the way, Aksys is selling various Blazblue promo items and even has a special promo pack at their on-line store if you're into really odd promo stuff like posters, calendars and bags.

[quote name='bojay1997']It's not "extras", it's either a single 32 page softcover magazine style art book from GS or an energy drink potion in a colorful box from Gamecrazy...[/quote]

No. The GameStop version is a premium package with additional soundtrack and video (in the case of PS3, looks like a Blu Ray). Please read the OP.

[quote name='gunm']No. The GameStop version is a premium package with additional soundtrack and video (in the case of PS3, looks like a Blu Ray). Please read the OP.[/quote]

It doesn't say so on Amazon itself, but 1UP reports that this pre-order upgrade offer extends to Amazon and GameCrazy as well, and that would make sense anyway.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3173996

[quote name='gunm']No. The GameStop version is a premium package with additional soundtrack and video (in the case of PS3, looks like a Blu Ray). Please read the OP.[/QUOTE]

Try to keep up here, as of this morning, Aksys announced that Amazon, Gamecrazy and GS will be getting the same exact premium edition. The only thing extra that GS is getting for on-line sales is the art book. Game Crazy is getting a mana energy potion. Other than that, you are getting the same double disc sound track and extra video disc at Amazon, Gamecrazy and Gamestop in the same "limited edition" box for the same $60. They're calling it a free pre-order upgrade, but like the Atlus and NIS games recently, it will probably be the only edition they offer unless it totally sells out and they do a repressing which theoretically would be game only.

bread's done
Back