BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Premium Pack (PS3/360) - NOW SHIPPING!

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
BlazBlue_bonusLG.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=444

FREE shipping code: SAVER

270396b.jpg
200673b.jpg

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Premium Pack :
  • A two-disc original soundtrack that contains 48 tracks by Guilty Gear’s Daisuke Ishiwatari (19 more than the version released in Japan!)
  • Bonus video disc containing basic tutorials, expert advice, character-specific strategies, and much more!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BlueSwim']Has anybody noticed a quick "scratch" audio defect on track 15 of the first BlazBlue soundtrack CD at about 2:18 in to the song? My CD is pristine, yet I hear that sound even when I play it in 2 different CD players.[/QUOTE]If it's the same track as everyone is having, then yeah, manufacturing defect. :(

[quote name='GaMeReVX']If it's the same track as everyone is having, then yeah, manufacturing defect. :([/QUOTE]
Shit! Well, I'm glad it's not just me.

The art book is going for over $50? Are you kidding me? Well I guess I'll take a close to free awesome fighting game then, the artbook is not worth the asking prices. I'm still sitting on a HDRemix press kit that I've yet to sell as is so I don't think I want to miss a profit this time... then again I'll probably slack off and these will hit $10 or less if Arksys decides to print more or something.

[quote name='fatboyjam']I may find the answer to this question somewhere in the 65 pages of this thread, but thought I'd be lazy and ask the question.

I could care less about the LE, but how's the game? I've seen screenshots and it looks beautiful, but heard it plays fast and frantic and is difficult to master. If I had trouble pulling off some of the more complex combos in SFIV, am I in for a world of hurt with this game......[/QUOTE]

I, for one, don't have the patience to master 60 part combos or anything like that, but I still have a ton of fun playing this game online. The system seems balanced to the point where if you have a few moves that work well for you, you can build your own combos just from those...there's no "right" way to play.

As for the online, I'm playing on PSN...and there's no LAG! (never thought I'd say that, bodes well for MAG I guess). If you hop into a ranked quickmatch the system finds someone for you, but doesn't force you to play them. It brings up their card and if you're a level 12 and don't feel like getting owned by a level 40, you simply don't play them. Usually though, it gets close the first time. Fantastic, fantastic game. While I agree, I'd pay sixty just for the disc, their giving you a terrific soundtrack and a free dvd strat guide right now...what are you waiting for?

[quote name='cag1000']Yeah I def visited this thread numerous times and couldn't make up my mind if I wanted to preorder, so I missed the Art book. So I grabbed the LE at GS B&M. But now.......I want the PS3 Blazblue Hori fight stick. Problem is they are impossible to find except Ebay and are all 200+. I would pay 150 shipped if anyone knows of a place?[/QUOTE]

I have an extra one I could sell to you, still new I have never used it, pm me

I really love this game. It's fun as heck to play (though I tend to get frustrated as heck when I lose a match I know I could have wonbut that happens with all games.) The amount of effort that went into this game is impressive. The characters all have fleshed out personalities, the artwork is gorgeous, and it's just so darn polished in all respects.

I was thinking this would be a fighter I picked up that would take a backseat to SF IV and KOF XII but this game may seriously supplant both of them when I look back come the year's end.

i wasn't feeling the artbook so i threw it up on ebay. sold for $50.50, after including free shipping and paying all fees i ended up with $41.79. a brand new solid fighting game for less than 25 is a helluva deal.

I must be the only one who likes the fact that the moves are listed in the artbook since it sits flat and thus I can leave it open to a character's page while trying to learn or perform their moves. The manual doesn't sit flat unless I wanted to wreck its spine, so in that sense that artbook is definitely a nice addition.

Yeah, I actually really like the artbook. I don't know what people were expecting out of a preorder bonus, but this is easily one of the best artbooks I've received AS a preorder bonus.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Would it be on par with the MGS4 pre-order artbook?[/QUOTE]

Easily. And more useful. There's just a lot of love that's put into it, rather than typical game art.

Things like chibi versions of the characters, a character relationship chart, and locational charts are things that are unique and cute.

[quote name='cod4rulez4']how is this game compared to guilty gear x2...I am a huge fan of ggx2[/QUOTE]

The closest thing you're getting to a sequel

Its been like that ever since the artbook was released. Staying high. If it ever decides to drop down to a more reasonable price, I'd be willing to jump on it, if not, oh well, Im just not crazy enough to drop a game for it. I just regret not ordering sooner, apparently a week before wasnt good enough.

[quote name='CaoPi']people bidding on an art book? wow[/QUOTE]

I'm just as surprised as you are bro... but I was browsing the completed listings and saw a few people sold theirs for the price of a brand new copy of BlazBlue haha. Makes no sense to me.. why not have just bought the game from gamestop.com? Free BlazBlue with the purchase of Art of BlazBlue! :lol:

[quote name='greyzieoriental']I wish I would've kept my Gamestop order now. I was planning on selling the Artbook but didn't really wanna deal with ebay(stupid me).[/QUOTE]
I wish would've pre-ordered it in the first place. It was April and I was like "I'll do it later", May comes around and there's the fiasco with the Artbook in full swing, so I figured "I'll hold out and see what happens". June comes around and it flies completely over my head til the 30th, then I'm all, "did I forget to do something...?"

....Ahh snap. What bugs me the most is I had a $10 coupon to use on the order too, so I ended up paying full MSRP in-store :/

[quote name='robbart914']The closest thing you're getting to a sequel[/QUOTE]
Yeah I saw a few vids today...totally a spiritual sequel to GG...this is going to be a must buy for me.

[quote name='anubis20']My Blazblue collection, and for those who havent seen it, the BB stick

[/QUOTE]

Nice. I'd hate to ask how much you paid for the stick. I saw it at AX for $200, the 360 version looked cheaper. Oh.... and how heavy was the stick (in it's original packaging)?

Hey, somebody earlier today posted a link to download the artbook free - the link and post disappeared about 20 minutes later before I had a chance to check it out. Anybody have a clue what was up with that? If true, printing it out on a nice color printer sounds much better than dropping $50, collectable or not.

[quote name='fatboyjam']Hey, somebody earlier today posted a link to download the artbook free - the link and post disappeared about 20 minutes later before I had a chance to check it out. Anybody have a clue what was up with that? If true, printing it out on a nice color printer sounds much better than dropping $50, collectable or not.[/QUOTE]

....its copywright material :roll:

google it if you gotta have it.

[quote name='Link927']Just look on ebay. Ranges from price of game to above[/QUOTE]

That's ridiculous. I only ordered shortly before they shipped. I guess I got lucky having placed it in my cart back in May. Mine shipped in perfect condition so I bet I could get a bit for it, but I dunno. Selling things like this on eBay make me feel... :whistle2:/

Well I broke down and picked it up on Newegg before all the Limited Edition's dried up. I'm kind of considering hanging onto to it and making some cash off it later though. Do you guys think sealed Limited Editions will be going for a lot in a month or so?

So, it looks like Amazon no longer has any Xbox360 or PS3 LEs of BlazBlue. Can anyone confirm?

On a lighter note (aside from being extremely pissed at Amazon atm), I went to GameCrazy and bought a BlazBlue LE for Xbox360. When I bought it, the lady there gave me one of the pre-order Mana Potions they were giving away. A small, but nice, consolation for the way Amazon has screwed me over with the "$50 and 50% off" trade-in deal.

[quote name='dualedge2']So, it looks like Amazon no longer has any Xbox360 or PS3 LEs of BlazBlue. Can anyone confirm?
cagus.smile.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Nothing here. When was the last you seen it in, if ever?

Also, don't rage at the Amazon, it may disapprove and punish us all. :)

[quote name='anubis20']^^^^$140 + shipping, so i paid total $150... it weights probably the same as the TE in the box[/QUOTE]
Nice...just the price of a TE. Wait a minute, didn't you get a TE for free through the courtesy of DR/Capcom?

Look inside the packaging, the stick was wrapped in a translucent blue bag. That's really blazing blue.

[quote name='anubis20']^^^^$140 + shipping, so i paid total $150... it weights probably the same as the TE in the box[/QUOTE]

i got mine for 75

Any chance of that BlazBlue Arcade Stick coming stateside? If I really get into this I may find myself wanting a quality stick and that thing looks pretty sexy. Most definitely not willing to shell out $150+ on eBay for an import though.

[quote name='fatboyjam']Hey, somebody earlier today posted a link to download the artbook free - the link and post disappeared about 20 minutes later before I had a chance to check it out. Anybody have a clue what was up with that? If true, printing it out on a nice color printer sounds much better than dropping $50, collectable or not.[/QUOTE]

or you could have looked 1 page back at page 43.
http://www.filesavr.com/bbartbook

After taking a look at the scans, IMO, its not worth what its going for now. I bet the only reason its selling is the cover, I really do think that it will drop lower once people start realizing that. I hope to pick it up when it does drop. Just depends if it'll drop 20 or 50

Revisited those pictures of the Blazblue stick again and saw a sheet of stickers and a sheet with some printing on it. What exactly are they? Are they included with the stick?

The small red box that came with the stick contains an "insert card" and two sheets of stickers. The card seems (from my understanding of moonspeak) to explain some moves like throws, barrier burst, rapid cancel, etc. The stickers are of the different characters, mostly in chibi form, with the circular stickers having phrases from the characters (I'm guessing from in-game quotes, but I don't feel like trying to hunt down translations at the moment).

[quote name='dualedge2']A small, but nice, consolation for the way Amazon has screwed me over with the "$50 and 50% off" trade-in deal.[/QUOTE]

How did Amazon screw you over on this?

i got my game and artbook from GS yesterday. The book has minor dins, but overall, it's in a presentable collector condition. It does look like the cover is the only "worthy" picture, but i'm okay with it, character bios and combo moves, not too shabby.

[quote name='eau']Nice...just the price of a TE. Wait a minute, didn't you get a TE for free through the courtesy of DR/Capcom?

Look inside the packaging, the stick was wrapped in a translucent blue bag. That's really blazing blue.[/QUOTE]

yeah I got a free TE from Capcom

[quote name='j0ey0ey']i got mine for 75[/QUOTE]

From where because Amazon Japan had it for 7,910 and that was the cheapest I ever saw.

[quote name='elcheap0']Nothing here. When was the last you seen it in, if ever?

Also, don't rage at the Amazon, it may disapprove and punish us all. :)[/QUOTE]

Last I saw that the 360 LE version was in stock, was sometime last week. I don't recall when Amazon started using the regular box art but still kept calling it the LE.

[quote name='GuardianE']How did Amazon screw you over on this?[/QUOTE]

I'll let you know when/if they ever receive my order.

By the time the promotion is over, I think they still won't have received my shipment. Wanted badly to use it on the X360 BlazBlue LE.

What a major crap shoot. This is the second time I tried getting in on a promotion. The first time, they screwed me over the same way. Sent in shipment before the end date of the promo, they received after the end, and never gave me credit. I fear it will be the same for this time. And if Amazon no longer has any BlazBlue LEs, then I'm half screwed already.

[quote name='dinobot']god dman... got my artbook, but GS send it using freaking UPS bag. -.-

damn it.[/QUOTE]

Did you get your artbook separate from the game? I thought they shipped all the games/artbooks in a box?

But I know how you feel, my artbook and game were packed in a box but the artbook was at an angle (with the game at the bottom front of the box and bubblewrap filling up the top back of the box). Basically during transit, the game box kept smashing the artbook... it was creased very badly.

[quote name='Vinny']Did you get your artbook separate from the game? I thought they shipped all the games/artbooks in a box?

But I know how you feel, my artbook and game were packed in a box but the artbook was at an angle (with the game at the bottom front of the box and bubblewrap filling up the top back of the box). Basically during transit, the game box kept smashing the artbook... it was creased very badly.[/QUOTE]

no, it was shipped in a UPS bag....

exactly same as this....
still not sure why they expressed it..... sooo lame.

1-samtec-cable-arrive.jpg

I love how when I go into my local Best Buy to pick up a copy they clearly said they had online, I get there and find out that "some guy" just bought the last 4 copies. God, I hate that crap.

bread's done
Back