BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Premium Pack (PS3/360) - NOW SHIPPING!

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
BlazBlue_bonusLG.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=444

FREE shipping code: SAVER

270396b.jpg
200673b.jpg

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Premium Pack :
  • A two-disc original soundtrack that contains 48 tracks by Guilty Gear’s Daisuke Ishiwatari (19 more than the version released in Japan!)
  • Bonus video disc containing basic tutorials, expert advice, character-specific strategies, and much more!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='earvcunanan']Well, according to some CAGs on here -- GameStop online screwed them over certain artbooks that you were supposed to get by pre-ordering. A quick call with a GameStop rep could fix that, it seems. I'm not 100% certain if everyone who pre-ordered before today will get an artbook or not, especially since GameStop online seems to be a hit or miss when it comes to these things.[/QUOTE]

Maybe if you're really lucky or super patient, but I've had problems with preorder bonuses in the past, and I called multiple times and every time it said everyone was busy and disconnected me. I tried emailing and they just said there wasn't anything they could do, even though the games were still listed as having the bonus on the website.

[quote name='alextastic']goddamnit! I came on here just now to pre-order it, & now it's too late. : ([/QUOTE]

Lets not forget that the limited edition may also run out. I read on kotaku that the limited edition is only "First run" so once their gone, their gone..... still hope that they get more artbooks though.

[quote name='wasabi5858']Did you try to check online from gamestop.com's account page? I looked at my order confirmation email and it wasn't there but the artbook is there when I check the order online.[/quote]
yeah i checked there. nothing on the site said i got an artbook

[quote name='earvcunanan']Well, to those who pre-ordered before today -- you're most likely going to get the artbook. It looks like GameStop isn't offering it for now...[/quote] I preordered it may 1st, so thats not quite true.

Can someone confirm that all initial print runs are indeed considered as limited edition copies.

I don't like buying from Gamestop, and I want to ascertain that Amazon will also be carrying this limited edition that comes with the 2 disc soundtrack.

*Edit: I pre-ordered online on April, 29, and it just says
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Premium Pack

[quote name='Asamiya']I pre-ordered online on June, 29, and it just says
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Premium Pack[/quote]
Damn! You preordered on June 29 last year and you still didn't get an artbook ;)

For the record, if your online order doesn't contain a separate line item for the PREMIUM, ARTBOOK, you won't get it.

I was planning to preorder it today and just missed the boat :bomb:

[quote name='SDC']Don't worry, backordered is the standard listing for all pre-order items.[/quote]

:D'OH:

ordered it April 29 btw

Everyone should calm down for a few days. I believe that the art book deal will return shortly and it's even possible that it will be extended to Gamestop in-store purchases which is what Aksys has been trying to get them to do for the last week. There is absolutely no way they have reached their pre-order limit considering the art book hasn't even been printed yet.

[quote name='bojay1997']Everyone should calm down for a few days. I believe that the art book deal will return shortly and it's even possible that it will be extended to Gamestop in-store purchases which is what Aksys has been trying to get them to do for the last week. There is absolutely no way they have reached their pre-order limit considering the art book hasn't even been printed yet.[/quote]

Honestly, Aksys could have said, "Make only 1000 artbooks... no more...no less"

And therefore, they are all sold out by now... I still think the original MRSP of the game was $40 and they upped it 20 and slapped on a dvd and made us all think it was a deal...

honestly.... they did a great job hyping this up

I have no problem with the price, i mean it is a guilty gear-esque game,
And its going to be a great game!

If it makes you feel any better, soundtrack alone would cover the $20
Well, 3200 yen (a little over $32) but in Japan they tend to overcharge on everything.

Probably a safe bet that the artbook will be sent to those who ordered early. Then again, GS.com does have a bad reputation of not sending swag to early pre-orders. Valkyria Chronicles was a good example of this.

[quote name='newlu']Got this for $50.99 at Amazon.
A 32 page artbook just isn't worth $16 in my book.[/quote]
How did you work it out to be $16?

$60 shipped from GS - $51 from Amazon = $9 in lieu of the art book.

[quote name='WuGgaRoO']Honestly, Aksys could have said, "Make only 1000 artbooks... no more...no less"

And therefore, they are all sold out by now... I still think the original MRSP of the game was $40 and they upped it 20 and slapped on a dvd and made us all think it was a deal...

honestly.... they did a great job hyping this up[/QUOTE]

If you've spent any time at the Aksys forums where their employees post pretty regularly, they really have some communication issues and I believe this disappearance of the art book is just the result of that. They aren't going to risk losing pre-orders two months early over an art "book" that literally costs them a buck to print and Gamestop is not going to risk losing hundreds or thousands of orders to Amazon and the other retailers with the same exact premium pack if all it takes to win those orders is getting Aksys to do a few thousand more of these art magazines.

i pre-ordered from amazon after confirming that they would get the L.E. no tax and not supporting gamestop is what I aim for. after getting other art books I'll look at them once and put them away never to look at them again. The soundtracks I actually keep listening to in the car if they are decent.

[quote name='eau']How did you work it out to be $16?

$60 shipped from GS - $51 from Amazon = $9 in lieu of the art book.[/quote]

$59.99 + 9.25% CA sales tax = $65.54
$65.54 - $50.99 = around $15 , I was a dollar off, my bad.

[quote name='alextastic']how is everyone getting it for $50-ish on Amazon?[/quote]

$59.99 - Gold Box (5% off) - ECA (10% off) = $50.99

from a member on dustloop:

"Turns out that due to limited quantities, online orders placed after, and/or possibly on 5/5/09 will not be receiving the art book. Any orders placed prior to 5/5/09 *should* be receiving the premium items promised. I do work for GS at the corporate office and noticed this thread, figured I'd give you gentlemen an update."

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5807

That's rather ambiguous actually, since the artbook bonus did disappear from GameStop's page on 5/5/09.

Thanks for the heads up, in any case.

Also, did anyone else get an e-mail from GameStop regarding order verification? I've only ordered from them a few times before, but I don't recall having to call them to verify my order once.

[quote name='alextastic']from a member on dustloop:

"Turns out that due to limited quantities, online orders placed after, and/or possibly on 5/5/09 will not be receiving the art book. Any orders placed prior to 5/5/09 *should* be receiving the premium items promised. I do work for GS at the corporate office and noticed this thread, figured I'd give you gentlemen an update."

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5807[/quote]

I will post this info. in the OP.

[quote name='bojay1997']If you've spent any time at the Aksys forums where their employees post pretty regularly, they really have some communication issues and I believe this disappearance of the art book is just the result of that. They aren't going to risk losing pre-orders two months early over an art "book" that literally costs them a buck to print and Gamestop is not going to risk losing hundreds or thousands of orders to Amazon and the other retailers with the same exact premium pack if all it takes to win those orders is getting Aksys to do a few thousand more of these art magazines.[/quote]

I for one will be doing just that: not ordering from Gamestop. Sales tax ftl.

Since I pre-ordered way before 5/5 I will have to pull God Rugal like bitching if I don't get my pre-order bonus.

[quote name='Serpentor']i'm going to... just that if someone already did it, then i don't have to :)

but yeah, thanks KisukeChan's new info, we'll see how this plays out. Seriously, if no art book, i don't see why anyone want to order from GS. Even with Amazon's tax, it's still cheaper.[/quote]

It's confirmed... I placed an order this AM, nope, no art book, nada, not mentioned in my confirmation, in my history.

I'm gonna cancel my GS order and get it somewhere else.

[quote name='newlu']
$59.99 - Gold Box (5% off) - ECA (10% off) = $50.99[/quote]

ECA ? what is this?

EDIT: Nevermind, i see the thread below. i had a stupid moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, talk about in before the lock! I ordered on a whim on the 3rd, and my invoice says artbook in it. Didn't know these were gonna move so fast!

just got a reply from gamespot
[quote name='gamespot']
Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

Unfortunately we have exhausted this free pre-order bonus offer for newly placed orders. Please note that was a limited supply offer and could not be guaranteed. We still anticipate being able to fulfill orders placed while the offer was posted, however.

Thank you for being a GameStop customer!

Best regards,
John
Customer Service Supervisor[/quote]

Looks like I'm not getting the artbook neither :bomb:

Still two months to go before release, it'd be ridiculous for Akgames not to print more artbooks. They are in high demand and will simply increase their preorder sales. FWIW, they might have not even started printing the artbooks yet.

For anyone who wants to part with your artbook for a small profit, I'm all ears...

I emailed them also about my back order and this was the reply:
Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for contacting us at GameStop.com.
Please note that due to the advertised limited quantities of bonus offers, GameStop cannot guarantee the offer will be available at the time of purchase or reservation. Generally, bonus items/offers are limited in supply.
That being said we are going to attempt to get this bonus to you.
Sincerely,
Bryce Customer Service Agent

Yeah. I hope Aksys would print more artbooks and even send some to Amazon. Exclusive or not if it's not really up to Gamestop but Aksys to decide.

[quote name='eau']Yeah. I hope Aksys would print more artbooks and even send some to Amazon. Exclusive or not if it's not really up to Gamestop but Aksys to decide.[/QUOTE]

The decision has already been made, man. Aksys has already announced the artbooks were an EB/GS exclusive.

fuck! I cancelled my preorder at Gamestop a few days ago because I forgot the free shipping code and ordered at Amazon with the ECA + Prime deal. Then I remembered I have about 50 bucks in giftcard at GS, so I went to order it again last night, only to find out there are no more artbooks available! I just epic failed myself!

[quote name='shinryunken']good thing i preordered 4 of em.....

each one going to different addresses, this is gonna be sweet!!![/QUOTE]

...are you serious?

woot! preordered 4/23, so should be good to go. Sorry for those that may not receive theirs though. That's some major bullshit. If these fuckers were going to be actually limited, they should have known a number, and stopped claims of an art book once that number was hit. It wouldn't even have been hard to write the netcode to automatically switch to a non-artbook preorder page once the number was met. Once again, poor handling by GS/EB

[quote name='shinryunken']good thing i preordered 4 of em.....

each one going to different addresses, this is gonna be sweet!!![/quote]

[quote name='SDC']...are you serious?[/quote]

FLIPPER.jpg

[quote name='Zmonkay']woot! preordered 4/23, so should be good to go. Sorry for those that may not receive theirs though. That's some major bullshit. If these fuckers were going to be actually limited, they should have known a number, and stopped claims of an art book once that number was hit. It wouldn't even have been hard to write the netcode to automatically switch to a non-artbook preorder page once the number was met. Once again, poor handling by GS/EB[/quote]

Yeah, not the best handling by GS, but no surprise there I guess. I got my order in less than a day before they removed the bonus from their page, and though the art book is listed on my order, the CS person I spoke too couldn't confirm it.

I'll just let the order go through anyway, but if it ships with no art book I'll be returning it to a GS store for a refund.

bread's done
Back