BlazBlue Limited Tournament Edition Arcade Sticks (PS3, 360) - Now $130 on Aksys.com

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
The BlazBlue Limited Tournament Edition Arcade Sticks have dropped from $199 to $129 on Aksys' official site. This price will be reflected on Amazon in the next few days.

These are truly limited editions as only 1500 were made for each platform and each is individually numbered. These are manufactured by MadCatz and equivalent to the Tournament Edition Street Fighter IV Sticks.

:ps3::360:Aksys Site - $129.99 plus s/h

:ps3:Amazon - currently $199.99

:360:Amazon - currently $199.99

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Oh man thats gonna piss off the few that paid $199.99 for em. I love CAG.[/QUOTE]
:cold:

[quote name='BackInBlack']I will be tempted to pick one of these up when its sub $130 bucks shipped.[/QUOTE]

Same here... The PS3 version looks really cool.

If I can get a 360 one for 100 shipped, I'm all over it. I missed out on the Femme Fatales one.. so either this or the Chun Li stick is my plan for Stick #2...

Holy crap, I originally posted about these sticks like 3 months ago, and they STILL have 'em in stock? I had some serious buyers remorse when I bought mine, luckily I was able to sell it to a canadian fellow and make my $200 back

If I can get one of these for $100, I'll probably pick one up. I've wanted a tourney stick for a while, but I think they all look dumb. I know that is not high on the list of reasons why they are great, it's because of how you play with one, but this one actually looks good.

[quote name='liberaltugboat']These are only available direct from Aksys[/QUOTE]

Not true. Amazon sells them as well and the price drop should be on Amazon in the next few days. Did you ignore the OP completely?

I'm one of the people who paid full price when these came out. Saving 50 dollars would've been nice, but I don't regret it much since the PS3 one is hella sexy.

Hey guys, it's that ridiculous 2008+ button layout that curves downward and then back up. You can't use it as a 90s 3x3 Street Fighter layout or a Neo Geo layout. It's absolutely useless.

[quote name='hendrickfan24']you guys are getting robbed just use a regular controller[/QUOTE]

You...don't play fighting games that much, do you?

[quote name='hendrickfan24']you guys are getting robbed just use a regular controller[/QUOTE]
It's hard to keep from face palming hard enough to cause bodily harm.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']It's hard to keep from face palming hard enough to cause bodily harm.[/QUOTE]

It's too late for me.

Question regarding Amazon's quantities: I attempted to add 999 of the PS3 version to my cart. It allowed me to do this. Does that mean they actually have that many?

[quote name='Chuplayer']Hey guys, it's that ridiculous 2008+ button layout that curves downward and then back up. You can't use it as a 90s 3x3 Street Fighter layout or a Neo Geo layout. It's absolutely useless.[/QUOTE]

The hell are you talking about?

[quote name='randomevent']The hell are you talking about?[/QUOTE]

He's talking about the button-layout of the stick itself. It isn't the same as the old SF ppp kkk layout, and it doesn't have the curve of a Neo-Geo layout. so it doesn't work well for those.
Of course, this stick is for Street Fighter IV and Blazblue, and is based off of the Vewlix cabs which those games run on.

[quote name='SDC']He's talking about the button-layout of the stick itself. It isn't the same as the old SF ppp kkk layout, and it doesn't have the curve of a Neo-Geo layout. so it doesn't work well for those.
Of course, this stick is for Street Fighter IV and Blazblue, and is based off of the Vewlix cabs which those games run on.[/QUOTE]

Vewlix is for douchebags.

[quote name='SDC']You...don't play fighting games that much, do you?[/QUOTE]

My roommate uses a stick and I just use my normal PS3 controller when I play him and I almost always win.

He probably just sucks though :lol:

[quote name='Chuplayer']Vewlix is for douchebags.[/QUOTE]

*douchebag*

[quote name='whoknows']My roommate uses a stick and I just use my normal PS3 controller when I play him and I almost always win.

He probably just sucks though :lol:[/QUOTE]

Swing and a miss, wasn't quite his point, lol.

[quote name='SDC']He's talking about the button-layout of the stick itself. It isn't the same as the old SF ppp kkk layout, and it doesn't have the curve of a Neo-Geo layout. so it doesn't work well for those.
Of course, this stick is for Street Fighter IV and Blazblue, and is based off of the Vewlix cabs which those games run on.[/QUOTE]

I figured that; I was just a bit incredulous that someone would bitch about the Vewlix layout. But then again, I grew up with the Vewlix layout, so maybe that's why I was astounded.

[quote name='Chuplayer']Hey guys, it's that ridiculous 2008+ button layout that curves downward and then back up. You can't use it as a 90s 3x3 Street Fighter layout or a Neo Geo layout. It's absolutely useless.[/QUOTE]

???

Actually, all you have to do is reconfigure the buttons...

f9f6me.jpg

It's like no one's ever seen a pic of the TE stick before...

[quote name='randomevent']I figured that; I was just a bit incredulous that someone would bitch about the Vewlix layout. But then again, I grew up with the Vewlix layout, so maybe that's why I was astounded.[/QUOTE]

Haha, someone using a thesaurus? ;)

[quote name='randomevent']I figured that; I was just a bit incredulous that someone would bitch about the Vewlix layout. But then again, I grew up with the Vewlix layout, so maybe that's why I was astounded.[/QUOTE]

You grew up with it? How old are you? I never saw it back in the 90s.

[quote name='h3ro']???

Actually, all you have to do is reconfigure the buttons...

f9f6me.jpg

It's like no one's ever seen a pic of the TE stick before...[/QUOTE]

That's hardly a good Street Fighter layout. It's supposed to be three on top and three directly below. It's a poor Neo Geo MVS layout, too, because the Neo Geo D button doesn't curve back up like it does there.

About the only thing it's good for is a proper Virtua Fighter layout (and I'm not talking about the ridiculous USA cabinet 1P side that must have been a decision made by chimpanzees), but that still leaves you with 6 completely useless buttons.

Chuplayer, I'd go with a Happ stick then. I haven't seen any retail sticks using Happ parts but customs aren't hard to come by if you checkout the SRK Forum's Tech/Arcade stick threads.

I grew up playing ST on mall arcades in the 90's so Happ/American style sticks were what I knew, I've adapted now to the smaller, more precise JPN equivalents, but I can relate to those who prefer the older layout we grew up with as I have a cousin who absolutely refuses to give up his old Happ stick. He actually modded his old SNES stick we played SFII on with a 360 controller so he could use it for SFIV/Super.

We understand that you do not like the stick. You don't have to buy it.
For those that do, this thread is here. Let's leave it at that.

[quote name='Chuplayer']Vewlix is for douchebags.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure this dig really cuts to the core for someone somewhere, I'm just glad that someone isn't me

[quote name='h3ro']Chuplayer, I'd go with a Happ stick then.[/QUOTE]

I built my own. It never really made it past prototype stage, but it's fully playable.

[quote name='whoknows']Haha, someone using a thesaurus? ;)[/QUOTE]
You mesmerize me with your punditry. :bouncy:

edit: Does anyone have any recommendations for a good Korean-style case other than a Saulabi?

[quote name='Chuplayer']You grew up with it? How old are you? I never saw it back in the 90s.[/QUOTE]

I lived in Japan from when I was 10 to 17. I'm 26 now.

I actually grew up with similar layouts, but not the Vewlix exactly. I lived in Japan when I was 10 - 17. I mostly remember playing on Astro City type cabs, but I can remember playing on Vewlix type layouts. The actual Vewlix came out in like 06 or 07, so technically I didn't grow up with it. I just remember a lot of layouts based on it, but with six buttons instead of seven. I guess I should have stated japanese layouts, rather than Taito layouts. Because I don't ever remember playing at a sitdown cab in Japan that had the HAAP type layouts.

I didn't know the names of these layouts at the time, however.

[quote name='randomevent']I actually grew up with similar layouts, but not the Vewlix exactly. I lived in Japan when I was 10 - 17. I mostly remember playing on Astro City type cabs, but I can remember playing on Vewlix type layouts. The actual Vewlix came out in like 06 or 07, so technically I didn't grow up with it. I just remember a lot of layouts based on it, but with six buttons instead of seven. I guess I should have stated japanese layouts, rather than Taito layouts. Because I don't ever remember playing at a sitdown cab in Japan that had the HAAP type layouts.

I didn't know the names of these layouts at the time, however.[/QUOTE]

Astro City is pretty much Japanese arcade standard. There's also the layout in Taito's previous cab, the Egret, that's slightly different (the cabs with 6 buttons). The Egret's with the 4-button layout is somewhat similar to the top or bottom four buttons on the Viewlix (that's probably what you played on that made you think Viewlix like button layouts).

There will always be American players who dislike the Japanese layout and parts. Nothing new with that argument.

Anywho...$130 for those Round 1 style BlazBlue sticks isn't a bad deal considering since the rest of MC's sticks are SF branded that are sold in the US.

Chuplayer - I don't see what you see by mentioning that for SNK games the D button on the viewlix layout (picture of the TE stick shown by h3ro) curves back up? Besides the first two sets of buttons that are lower, the rest of them are straight.

[quote name='Purkeynator']I love how everyone is an expert on arcade sticks whenever one of these threads comes up.[/QUOTE]
Okay, mister non-expert. It's not unreasonable for people who know a thing or two about arcade sticks to participate in these sort of threads in a CAG forum.

[quote name='superdry']Astro City is pretty much Japanese arcade standard. There's also the layout in Taito's previous cab, the Egret, that's slightly different (the cabs with 6 buttons). The Egret's with the 4-button layout is somewhat similar to the top or bottom four buttons on the Viewlix (that's probably what you played on that made you think Viewlix like button layouts).

There will always be American players who dislike the Japanese layout and parts. Nothing new with that argument.

Anywho...$130 for those Round 1 style BlazBlue sticks isn't a bad deal considering since the rest of MC's sticks are SF branded that are sold in the US.

Chuplayer - I don't see what you see by mentioning that for SNK games the D button on the viewlix layout (picture of the TE stick shown by h3ro) curves back up? Besides the first two sets of buttons that are lower, the rest of them are straight.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I hate Sanwa and love Happ. Happ gives me a better feel for my 360s.

[quote name='Paco']Ditto. I hate Sanwa and love Happ. Happ gives me a better feel for my 360s.[/QUOTE]
I love the feel of Sanwas, but they do kind of get boring to play with after awhile--not in a bad way. I'd like to have more variety, eventually. I was thinking about customizing a stick with Happ parts. It's just sort of a project I never followed-up. My current project is to get a Korean stick in working order.

[quote name='sadboy']I love the feel of Sanwas, but they do kind of get boring to play with after awhile--not in a bad way. I'd like to have more variety, eventually. I was thinking about customizing a stick with Happ parts. It's just sort of a project I never followed-up. My current project is to get a Korean stick in working order.[/QUOTE]

I see that Sanwa can be more precise then Happ, but I hate how it registers so easily. Feels like the stick was made for the effeminate or limp wristed. I like having a lot of resistance on my stick. Plus 360 motions have always been weird to me on Sanwa.

I've been wondering, are these sticks simply the Round 2s with a BB faceplate, or did they just kept the old TE body but uses the SSFIV TE's PCB?

Seeing as how the Round 2 TE is $100 right now, you might be able to get that, a piece of plexiglas, some plastics paint if you're picky, and a sexier piece of Blazblue art for slightly less, especially after tax and shipping.

You could probably do even better with the original TE.

bread's done
Back