Blazblue PS3 Discussion Thread

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']The 360 controller sucks for fighting games.[/QUOTE]

if you get any fighting game for the 360 then I guess you have to get a fighting stick. (probably 2) if you're going to have friends over.

My FS3 has finally given up the ghost. hitting 66 will often make it think that I did a 236 and I'll do something retarded x.X I can still do story and arcade, but competitive play's gotta wait for now.

Gonna get a SE and put some Sanwa in that bitch :D

I got a couple of rounds with Thomas earlier today. good games. And I managed to pull off Bang's Install in one games. hahaha.

Bang!

[quote name='distgfx']http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.6834

Lagless, works perfect with my T5 stick, has a home button and up+select acts as a home button too. Best of all, it's only $15 shipped.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, I was looking for one for my X-Arcade stick. I like the Batstyle handle better than the Hori balltop, but I am to lazy to change the handle at the moment.

I'll be on today if anyone's up for some games, will try and add some people from the OP in a bit. Only have around 4-5 hours of playtime so I'm still learning and figuring out who I want to main.

[quote name='enufs8d']I got a couple of rounds with Thomas earlier today. good games. And I managed to pull off Bang's Install in one games. hahaha.

Bang![/QUOTE]

you kicked my ass.. made me practice all night.

Oh god. I played this game at my friend's house a little while back and it was fucking epic. Now I must find a copy..

Good games wotcher, your Jin is pretty nice, owned me most of the time when you used him haha. Probably going to work on getting better with Noel, seems like my favorite character to play as.

good games gendv138. just keep at it. and before i played you, i got my ass handed to by noel and 10 hit combos. i wised up second round but just lucked out on the third.

when we were playing bang vs bang, i thought you were going to activate Bang Install while I had mine on. Hence, we could have gotten the trophy.

Yeah, I don't know Bang Install off the top of my head or I would have activated it. If you need help with that next time, let me know. You can also get it through Versus with two controllers which is what I ended up doing earlier.

Man, have 91% for Noel's story and I can't figure out how to get 100%. Any tips? I've beaten all enemies on both paths with and without using DD's.

Yeah, I actually just thought of that when I was playing earlier. I'm not sure how much more I can play until I get a stick. My thumb is starting to get sore from playing the game.

Hello, I just purchased blazblue for ps3 and would like to know if anyone out there who has completed blazblue 100% can share they're ps3 Game Save. I have started doing it myself but since i have a newborn son and work i don't have time to unlock everything myself. I like to get straight into the fight when i have time to play. please PM me.

PS- i have already checked the obvious places such as gamefaqs
BTW- whoever is nice enough to share their 100% ps3 blazblue game save will receive my japanese psn acct info which i have purchased japan's exclusive PSN ps1 classic download of the FIRST GUILTY GEAR yours to download for free from me.

Last edited by a moderator:
let's play guys! my copy is coming in today and i can't wait to start playing it! i am a total noob in BB tho hopefully it's not too different from ggxx

my main is testament and slayer... oh wait .. different game..

fuckin rage quiters. 100%'d a guy with my Noel, and he just up and quits before it can count the match, let alone let me up a replay :( I think I heard that while it doesn't count as a win or lose, the game does keep track of rage quits somehow? hope it's true.

Sorry 'bout not being able to play ya TMK, I had a buddy over.

Later though, got in a few really fun rounds with a random guy with a pretty beastly Arakune.

Anyone else have trouble connecting? I see open groups... and it says group full, or unable to connect. Am I doing something wrong on my end? When I do finally find a match (not ranked, btw) it plays smooth, just a bitch to find one.

just pull up a person D's card before playing. (R1?). it shows your entire record. and it has a Risk Ratio Factor (for determining how likely theyre going to quit on you). i just give people the benefit of the doubt. but i played one with a F5 Risk Factor. halfway through my perfect round combo, he quits. but i think i got an incomplete out of it too. argh!

I think you can only join rooms when they're in the lobby - if they're in middle of the match I believe the join fails

Playermatch lobbies are like that, I know its kind of stupid, hopefully they will fix this along with other big issues such as getting serious lag and getting a blackscreen.

[quote name='enufs8d']just pull up a person D's card before playing. (R1?). it shows your entire record. and it has a Risk Ratio Factor (for determining how likely theyre going to quit on you). i just give people the benefit of the doubt. but i played one with a F5 Risk Factor. halfway through my perfect round combo, he quits. but i think i got an incomplete out of it too. argh![/QUOTE]

Actually I think the risk level is attatched to the character. I play as Arakune and I've got a risk level of something (I forget), but I think it's to designate what the game considers the "bad guys". I've never DCed. I know Noel players have the rank of "Private" or something military like that in the same spot on their card. I'm not sure if the rank changes as you level up or not though. I'm going to be playing this game later, if anyone wants to add me my PSN ID is rainking187, as seen to the left.

I just got the game also. Put me on the list as well. PSN= Esper15. I'm down to play with some CAGs. I'm still practicing, so expect a lot of scrubbyness from me. ;)

Okay, is there a way to talk to other players in the lobby room? I mean, with a BlueTooth? or not really? Can't figure it out, lol.

Also, I am getting my ASS HANDED TO ME in score mode. I can't beat that first guy if my life depended on it.... :(

[quote name='reicaden']Okay, is there a way to talk to other players in the lobby room? I mean, with a BlueTooth? or not really? Can't figure it out, lol.

Also, I am getting my ASS HANDED TO ME in score mode. I can't beat that first guy if my life depended on it.... :([/QUOTE]

Yea... just connect your bluetooth headset. No special setup needed, it's just automatic. This is assuming you've already setup your PS3 to sync with your headset.

CAG nite? tonite?? I'll start a CAG BB chatroom on PSN, I'll come back and post here once I get that going... prolly like 8PST

jekki - make sure to have the max people with no spectators. i suspect spec's take up room vs actual players. also, from what i experienced, try to wait until the room is almost filled to start a game. otherwise, we trapped from getting in.

oh tonight? shit! i got a prescreening of bruno to go.

[quote name='JEKKI']CAG nite? tonite?? I'll start a CAG BB chatroom on PSN, I'll come back and post here once I get that going... prolly like 8PST[/QUOTE]
I'm up for it!

[quote name='enufs8d']also, from what i experienced, try to wait until the room is almost filled to start a game. otherwise, we trapped from getting in. [/QUOTE]dood, I said I'm gonna set up a chat... even if the games are going in a lobby u can still join the chat and be like "hey hey hey when u finish this match wait for me to join!!"

[quote name='JEKKI']dood, I said I'm gonna set up a chat... even if the games are going in a lobby u can still join the chat and be like "hey hey hey when u finish this match wait for me to join!!"[/QUOTE]

well, i misread that one.

chat is currently up!! I'm the only one here so send me a friends request and let's get sum games going!!

PSN: JEKKI

[quote name='jaideam']Jekki - can you setup a BB night on a Sun, Mon, Or Tues night sometime too? ^^[/QUOTE]I dont have the free time to do dedicated game nites and stuff... for now I am only doing this for tonite, but if I ever set time out to do it again I'll be sure to let ppl know.

-EDIT-

so far me, Suko32, and Rei Notaku are in the chat and lobby.

only 3 spaces left in our lobby, but everyone can join the chat and make your own lobbies!

jus send one of us a message and friend request and we'll hook u up.

Last edited by a moderator:
GGs rush notaku and suko and smallwind!

cagchat on PSN is where it's at! pain in the ass, but it works!

next time let's have more ppl show up yeah?!?!?!

If I'm not working, I'll definitely show up next time you guys are playing. Had to work until midnight eastern time otherwise I would have joined!

Got the game last Thursday and finally got around to playing it today. I like what I've played, and it'll be nice to play another fighter online. I just need to un-train myself from SFIV. I intend to put some more time into it this week, so hit me up if you'd like to play (PSN: dmunkee).

dont untrain yourself at SFIV.

get good at both!!

the games play drastically different so it's no problem.

trying to play accent core after a BB session tho... not so easy lol.

I kept trying not to hit buttons I should be hitting X_X

hey JEKKI
sounds like you are ggxx veteran
which button layout do you use??
i think
BCD
A
is more like ggxx
k s hs
p x d
but i get so used to faultless defense and rc using 'k+s' and 'k+s+hs' so now i have trouble using 'a+b' and 'a+b+c'
so now i just switch to
ABC
D
i just need to get used to going to 'p' position for d which i see as pretty much a 'hs' or 'dust' attack

hey moommoombaba,

when I began in the arcades, I chose layout B (ABC on the top) for those very reasons, coz I'm used to hitting top 3 buttons to perform roman cancels.

but after evaluating Litchi's gameplay and how to make it more comfortable on me, I decided to switch to layout A.

after enough practice, you get used to using the short, jab, and strong buttons for FD and rapid cancels so that's no longer a problem.

furthermore, having B+C in the jab/strong position actually makes it easier to tech throws in this game!

basically, evaluate your character and what button layout u think will suit you best. good luck!

[quote name='moommoombaba']ahh missed the game last nite
i would play you guys too but i am nowhere near good
heck i am only 4 hours into the game[/QUOTE]
Skill level doesn't matter. It's all just for fun!

bread's done
Back