BlazBlue (PS3) for $20 @ Amazon

[quote name='Fire_Thief']No one gives a fuck about story in a fighting game.[/QUOTE]

You're dead wrong. If you were talking about another fighter, I'd say you're probably right, but not with BlazBlue.

BlazBlue, while having some obvious anime stereotypes, has a pretty fleshed out story. I highly recommend people checking out the story mode.

Blazblue's story left me feeling hoodwinked.

Not a bad thing, by the way. It's never bad when a game makes you think so profoundly about its storyline.

I know there is millions out there but this version will become extinct when the new ones hit the shelf. Can you say RARE

[quote name='nddave']I know there is millions out there but this version will become extinct when the new ones hit the shelf. Can you say RARE[/QUOTE]

Doubtful, and why would people want last years game. Especially if it isn't the Limited Edition. That would be more of a collectors item.

[quote name='Belgand']I don't trade in games, but as sad as it is they're not going to go out of business with this model any time soon. This is essentially the same model that college bookstores use and it's been working very, very well for them. At least, it was back when I was in college. True, in recent years people have been able to use Amazon or local sources to actually get a decent deal on their books, but the bookstores still continue to do great business.

If anything they're also in even worse condition than Gamestop too and you're dealing with much higher prices. A book will sell for $120 or so new, maybe $80-90 used and when you sell it back at the end of the semester you'll be lucky to get $15 for it. When you can sell a book to a friend for half of the used price and you both come out significantly ahead you know the system is broken. Still, for the time being at least, they do tremendous business. I doubt that Gamestop will have any problems with it either.

On topic though: I agree. I was thinking about picking it up at those prices, but with the new version coming out so soon I think I'm going to wait and see. Hopefully it will go down in price soon as well.[/QUOTE]

It worked all so well before the likes of AMAZON, Best buy, and other online traders getting into the used Biz. With the transition of the Internet era, broadband, and online retailers of the like (with help from game developers) Gamestop will find themselves closing stores downsizing. Its the inevitable its going to happen. There last quater earning were a mere flash of the pan from holiday sales similar to the rise of employment(seasonal help) Common guys. I wouldnt put any money/stock there. Your college bookstore analogy is apples/oranges. The bookstore is a service ran by the university its not a private entity to make money. Not only that bookstores are exempt from ALL BUSINESS TAXES. That analogy was HORRIBLE. They will get a little lift from Game Crazy closing but the downsizing will begin.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Guys, do NOT buy this. An updated BlazBlue is coming out this year, similar to SSFIV.[/QUOTE]

Guys, do buy this. Yes, a new version is coming out later this year, but c'mon, its $20. The more people who buy and play fighting games, even when they are discounted, the better. Period.

I agree that this is a worthy pickup. If you are new to the series then this will prepare you for CS which is still 4 months away. You will also get anywhere from $5 to $10 back if you trade-in or sell CT right before CS comes out.

[quote name='nddave']The bookstore is a service ran by the university its not a private entity to make money. Not only that bookstores are exempt from ALL BUSINESS TAXES. That analogy was HORRIBLE. They will get a little lift from Game Crazy closing but the downsizing will begin.[/QUOTE]

When I went to college, there were at least four used textbook stores on or just off campus, and only one was run by the university. It was also the smallest, most expensive, and gave the lowest $ amount for selling books back after the semester. All the others were privately owned, and judging from the the constant tv commercials, and the larger, nicer stores, the private used textbook stores were doing just fine financially. I graduated in '06 so it wasn't all that long ago.

[quote name='wastedyears']Guys, do buy this. Yes, a new version is coming out later this year, but c'mon, its $20. The more people who buy and play fighting games, even when they are discounted, the better. Period.[/QUOTE]

This. Even with the new game supposedly arriving in July/August, this is totally worth the $20. All the old characters are like 90% the same in the new version anyway, so if nothing else, it's good practice to learn the basics, get a few trophies, and listen to Taokaka talk about boobs.

People who buy fighting games for the story should be chemically castrated so they can't pass on their cosplaying genes to the next generation. My apologies for being rude and blunt, but Blazblue's "story" is the most generic of animu tripe and should be intellectually insulting to anyone with a high school education who doesn't have their head up Japan's ass.

[quote name='wastedyears']When I went to college, there were at least four used textbook stores on or just off campus, and only one was run by the university. It was also the smallest, most expensive, and gave the lowest $ amount for selling books back after the semester. All the others were privately owned, and judging from the the constant tv commercials, and the larger, nicer stores, the private used textbook stores were doing just fine financially. I graduated in '06 so it wasn't all that long ago.[/QUOTE]

I also forgot to add you NEED/HAVE TO HAVE textbooks for college correct? Video games well i guess that depends? Once again its apples/oranges. I can understand if you go to WMU school of 40,000 There is going to be a demand for textbooks. In a small town like mine of 15,000 the gamestop for games is a lot less demanding. Nonetheless Textbooks on a campus is totally differ than games in a small town. There is a demand for video games on a national level for sure and your online retailers want it used or new.

[quote name='Uracat']It now seems to be back-ordered or some such nonsense. Won't ship out for 2-3 weeks.[/QUOTE]

Checked my order status and the same goes for me. Too bad, I was really looking forward to playing some this weekend since I found some free time :/

I ordered mine a few days ago, it gets here tomorrow. No more prime after yesterday though =( If you have the order in at that price I'd say keep it until you lose interest or get it somewhere else cheap, always easy to cancel.

I'm actually kind of excited to play a fighting game. I haven't other than smash bros for a long time.

bread's done
Back