Blockbuster $10 off used video games ymmv

djhmetfan2

CAGiversary!
This Sunday in my newspaper I saw an color 2 page ad showing a few newer tiles MW2, Mario vs Sonic , Halo OS with a $10.00 off coupon for a used game. I was stopping by the store anyway so I brought in the coupon and the employee knew about it but could not give me a list of the games or the price mark for the games its self.( like COupon good only for games priced $34.99 or higher)

I looked at the games and they have a huge selections of newer games so I saw BOOM BOX PARTY (the 2009 version) for WII at $19.99 so I gave the coupon & game and I ended up with the game at $9.99 plus tax.

Just thought I would pass along

I also thought it was just for the games listed. I guess I will try it tomorrow on a different title when I exchange my movie rental for 500 days of summer.

The coupon did not ring up, but the clerk gave me a $10 credit off my game. I got Mercs 2 for 85 cents.
Best part was she let me keep the coupon, so I am off to another BB store.

The ad says select games, it does not suggest only the 4 game pictured. They seem more of a representation. Anyway, I'd suggest cutting out the coupon. Then there are no games pictured.

[quote name='mike95']The coupon did not ring up, but the clerk gave me a $10 credit off my game. I got Mercs 2 for 85 cents.
Best part was she let me keep the coupon, so I am off to another BB store.

The ad says select games, it does not suggest only the 4 game pictured. They seem more of a representation. Anyway, I'd suggest cutting out the coupon. Then there are no games pictured.[/QUOTE]

Wow that's pretty generous... but at the same time, that's not part of her job description. Pity on the economy.

There are TONS of these flyers in BB/GR with the coupon on them. If they are working for other than the ones in the ad, you can just pick up the coupons in-store. It's a HUGE single page flyer with Blu-rays on one side.

Was told today the $10 off "select" games is only good for the 4 games shown on the ad.
They should just say on the ad for titles pictured only, but I was not in a mood to argue.
But I did find a mint copy of Beautiful Katamari (360) for 6.99 :)

The fine print in the ad says that it is up to the store's discretion to decide what games that coupon can be used for.

I tried this with a copy of Prince of Persia for the PS3 today and it wouldn't ring up so they said it had to be one of the ones pictured. Figured I have a couple more days to try other locations to see what I can get.

My store has the same coupon on the ad(like 100-200 of these things). Store manager said to only use it on those titles, which is how I would have used it anyway. I wondered if it would stack with my employee discount, but the only game I would have needed was MW2 and I don't want it, even for 30~.

yeah just tried this and it didn't work. Right when I handed the coupon to the cashier he said it was only for the games pictured. It's lame because it doesn't strictly say its only those 4 games, it says titles vary.

Whatever, I'll put my money towards other games.

I wonder how much trade-in credit for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3/360) & Mario & sonic at the olympic winter game (wii) ? thinking transfer BBV credits to GS credits :)

I don't think the coupon works on all games. I had a few different employees try to use the coupon on different games and it wasn't knocking $10 off, but it worked instantly on MW2 and Uncharted 2.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I wonder how much trade-in credit for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3/360) & Mario & sonic at the olympic winter game (wii) ? thinking transfer BBV credits to GS credits :)[/QUOTE]

30 for mw2 (both systems)

15 for mario

25 for uncharted 2

I didn't even notice that this coupon wasn't good for all games until reading here. It does make sense now that the employee was having a hard time entering the coupon and my receipt says "Credit $10." I guess me and the employee's cluelessness was a winning combination. I doubt those scans will work. Your best bet is to have the original coupon and cut it out. Had I paid more attention to the full page, I may not have tried to use it. I was able to get :ps3:Street Fighter IV for $10.

[quote name='perdition(troy']30 for mw2 (both systems)

15 for mario

25 for uncharted 2[/QUOTE]

They're selling Uncharted 2 for $35 ? Wow, getting it for $25 after the coupon is pretty good indeed.

[quote name='Anthony1']They're selling Uncharted 2 for $35 ? Wow, getting it for $25 after the coupon is pretty good indeed.[/QUOTE]

You should read his post again.

Just a heads up guys. The coupon does not work with most games. At best, it may work with games that are thirty dollars and higher. I got lucky since the employee and I did not know it was only select games and I got rayman raving rabbids tv party for 80 cents through an override. Don't get your hopes too high in getting a cheap deal.

Found the physical coupon in store, but they denied me pretty quickly and said it was only valid for games on the page. Well, worth a shot I suppose, here's to hoping for the b1g1 soon.

bread's done
Back