Blockbuster 25% off previously played...

josekortez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
66 (100%)
Forgive me if this is a repost. I searched the word Blockbuster and didn't find anything...

Anyway, I got Silent Scope 2 for PS2 today for 25% off the $6.99 price. Both Jak 3 and Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal were $16.99 minus 25%.

This might be a YMMV, and I don't know when this ends...

[quote name='jbroush99']Wow, that means that the billions of copies of Freestyle Street Soccer are now $1.50![/QUOTE]

Hahaha just bought one the other day at that price and traded it in to FYE at $17.50 the same day. And it was teh Xbox version, with the BIG Blockbuster logo on it..

I was about to start the same thread.

I found these GBA games used at the Gamerush inside. Can someone tell me if they're worth the asking prices? They are all cart only. I know almost nothing about GBA games so descriptions would be appreciated too.

Not including 25% off:
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones - $24.99
Shining Soul - $24.99
Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga - $19.99
Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced - $16.99
Sword of Mana - $14.99

Any good deals?

EDIT: I asked the employee and he said it lasts until Jan. 16. If you guys don't see anything you want yet try again later.

The blockbusters around here don't seem to have this 25% off sale going on right now....and the b2g1 free ended awhile ago over here. Probably ymmv..

i picked up Gun Valkyrie and Zone of the Enders for $7 each BC, but the woman rang it up to $10 for ZoE, so i gotta return it now.

anyway, at my BB they had multiple copies of FFTA and KH: CoM for $12.99 BC. if anyone wants me to pick them up a copy for $15 shipped PM me.

Anyone in the Bradenton/Sarasota FL. area should check out the Bradenton BBs. I found TONS of really good stuff at ridiculous prices today. My finds (all prices after 25%):

Juiced (PS2): 14.99
Star Wars Ep III (PS2 and XBOX): $14.99
Tekken 5 (PS2): $14.99
NCAA Football 2006 (PS2 and XBOX): $14.99

Seems like they've marked ALL their games at $19.99 or under.

Awsome! Now I can buy scratched games with stickers all over them without instructions and in cheap custom Blockbuster cases for about the same price I could normally buy them from just about anywhere else!

I'm sorry, it had to be said.

[quote name='evo t rex']Awsome! Now I can buy scratched games with stickers all over them without instructions and in cheap custom Blockbuster cases for about the same price I could normally buy them from just about anywhere else!

I'm sorry, it had to be said.[/QUOTE]

I've gotten tons of great condition games with everything included from BlockBuster. And often they drop prices on newer games faster than anywhere else.

Im thinking of picking up a disc only tales of symphonia for 11 bucks after a coupon i got with my reciept. Or a mint guy game for xbox or mint firefighter game for 16 each...*debates* its the blockbuster right by the community college where i have a class today. What do you guys think?

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69110

Go to the first page of this thread to find out about any deals at Blockbuster/Gamerush because the sales that are at Gamerush outside of the pre-order deal are the same at Blockbuster. Also this deal doesn't end until 1/30/06 so if anyone needs info on game deals at Blockbuster/Gamerush just look at the first page of the Gamerush thread. It is stickied also at the top of the Video Game Deals Forum

[quote name='Biglesworth23']Hahaha just bought one the other day at that price and traded it in to FYE at $17.50 the same day. And it was teh Xbox version, with the BIG Blockbuster logo on it..[/QUOTE]

Are the cheap copies of Freestyle Soccer new or used? I know FYE is nazi about clean discs and I don't want to waste even a few bucks on this game unless I can trade it there.

I saw a Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner going for $17 or so at a local BB. Didn't have the cash. Definitely will go pick it up and sell it for a pretty penny since I already have one.

hmmm picked up Socom II for 9.99 and Fatal Frame 2 Xbox version for 14.99 and no 25% off..... I was wondering if you have to be a member to get it?

Both games are pretty abused .... Socom II didnt come with a manual :( ugh I wish there was someway to get one..... Also they drew "BBV" right on the girls face on the front of the Fatal Frame 2 manual urg!

[quote name='evo t rex']Awsome! Now I can buy scratched games with stickers all over them without instructions and in cheap custom Blockbuster cases for about the same price I could normally buy them from just about anywhere else!

Well... You are right and wrong. You "could" buy games with stickers and scratches, but that would be an uninformed purchase unless you don't care about quality. I hate buying scratched up former rentals. Now I don't know how all blockbuster's are accross the country but at ones around me (non-gamerush stores) have an easy way to determine which games are formal rentals and which are trade ins from users. So far, though I don't buy too many games from blockbuster, I've not had any problems getting very high quality used games.
So first look at the back of the game, and if it has a big squarish blockbuster barcode sticker on it, then avoid it at all costs. The games you want have a small thing barcode sticker on the front of the box, and usually nothing on the back. As far as getting stickers off a box cleanly, I always use a product called goo gone. I think it's great.

And some used prices at blockbuster really do suck. $45 for God of War? I don't think so, same with $35 for Pirates, but the older the games get, the better deal you can find especially with sales like the 25% one.

Good luck on finding the high quality games you want.

I picked up a perfect copy of Meteos today for $20 after discount. There was even a copy of the Metroid DS Demo inside! I also got Fire Emblem($20) and Sword of Mana($12) while I was there. I'm not worried about buying used cartridges since they are usually sturdier then discs.

It turns out there's a Gamerush right next to where I work and I never realized until now. Now I don't have to skip the Gamerush threads anymore.

[quote name='Nutts']Well... You are right and wrong. You "could" buy games with stickers and blah blah blah blah blah blah goo gone. I think it's great.

And some used prices at blockbuster really do suck. $45 for God of War? I don't think so, same with $35 for Pirates, but the older the games get, the better deal you can find especially with sales like the 25% one.

Good luck on finding the high quality games you want.[/QUOTE]

I will concede that not every Blockbuster store sells trash, but it's been so long since I found something in decent condition with original (not BB's) case and instructions at a good price that I've given up hope. I still look while out renting, but I usually end up walking away in disgust upon seeing a used Full Spectrum Warrior for $45.

New games are another story, but finding good new game deals at Blockbuster is very hit or miss. The $4.99 Symphony of the Night is not likely to repeat itself anytime soon. Talk about a "Diamond in the Rough".

For the high quality games... I find them eventually, just not from Blockbuster.

I got RTCW for 6$ and it was in PERFECT condition and I also got Rainbow 6 BA and it was messed up ... But I went back and reterned it and they gave my the full price worth of credit $17.99 and i got it for $13.99

[quote name='cletus']I picked up a perfect copy of Meteos today for $20 after discount.[/QUOTE]

Did it come with the original case and instructions? I might think about it if they do that.

Yeah, I don't buy to many from Blockbuster either, but I just bought Doom and RPG Maker II. Both were 20 - the 25% so 15. Doom did not look like a previous rental, but wasn't in a green box either. RPG Maker II was in a real PS2 box. I checked both games out at the counter, and they both looked new even though Doom was in a Blockbuster case. I don't like to keep my RPG's in BB cases, but so I will just take games like Brute Force, Max Payne and the such and switch them out. Usually other stores that take trades of those kinds of games don't seem to care what kind of case they are in.

Found a copy of The Suffering concealed behind a mess of Splinter Cells. Light scratches and the manual is warped from being jammed into a BB case, $12.75. I figured to get it from EB Games it would cost me $13.73 between discounts and shipping (since no local stores have it right now), so I saved about $1. Sure, it's only a dollar, but hey, it's enough to buy a brand new copy of Catwoman (though, why anyone would WANT to do that, I don't know).

But, like it's been said, their used prices generally are not so hot.

bread's done
Back